gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

The Ravens always play us tough in pre-season. We have looked eerily good the last 2 weeks, i think we are about to get our asses handed to us. I think its about time something went wrong like it usually does. I think the pass protection will break down, we won't be able to run the ball and neither Beck or Grossman looks good.

We lose 34-17

I heard on the news that Shanny is splitting them every few series. Dunno what I think about that. I havent seen enough of either of them to know if they need to get into a groove, That alone could take a series or two.

I hate the ravens, they take this battle of the beltway crap too seriously. ITS FREAKING PRESEASON. I should lay off twitter for a while.

I hate the ravens, they take this battle of the beltway crap too seriously. ITS FREAKING PRESEASON. I should lay off twitter for a while.

Whens the last time yall played them in the reg season?

Sexy Rexy to start 3rd preseason game. But, but, but all I've heard is how the 3rd PS game starter is THE guy, but everyone was simply assuming Beck was the skins starting QB.

If I were a skin fan, I'd stay away from tall buildings at this point, the urge to jump of might be too great.

Sexy Rexy to start 3rd preseason game. But, but, but all I've heard is how the 3rd PS game starter is THE guy, but everyone was simply assuming Beck was the skins starting QB.

If I were a skin fan, I'd stay away from tall buildings at this point, the urge to jump of might be too great.

Honestly i dont think this means anything. They both will get equal time tonight, they are just alternating starts. I still think Beck is the opening day starter unless he completely bombs tonight and Rex looks good.

trust me they don't give a crap if its preseason or the regular season. Thank goodness its not the regular season. They print out shirts, the local news start saying its the battle of the beltway. Raven players, raven coaches and their owner start trash talking. Literally they hold it in the same level as they do when they play the steelers. Crazy

And I don't know why???

Its actually a better team than what Gibbs built. Brunell, campbell and ramsey were much more inefficient than Rex or Beck are in this offense. At least now we can actually move the ball instead of the old run, run, pass, punt, philosophy.

Jenkins' knee injury didnt look good at all. I think we may have to play the season without him and that will be a huge loss, he was having the best camp of any rookie and was poised to take Carriker's starting job.

I was wrong again. The redskins looked great against the ravens. They're going to give the giants a fight.

I was wrong again. The redskins looked great against the ravens. They're going to give the giants a fight.

I agree, they definitely were a lot better than expected. Overall we have actually looked great this pre-season. If this carries over we could surprise a lot of people.

This is what i like to read....

Tim Hightower rushed nine times for 56 yards and a touchdown and added one reception for -3 yards against the Ravens in the third preseason game.

The Redskins' dominant ground attack can no longer be considered a fluke after three games, two coming against the bruising Steelers and Ravens. The starting offensive line has been intact every day of training camp, and the cohesion is evident in coach Mike Shanahan's trademark zone-blocking scheme. Hightower's highlight was a 37-yard cutback touchdown run. He's solidifying a RB2 grade heading into an important fantasy draft weekend.

Jenkins has a torn ACL. Huge loss for our defense.

Sorry to see that. He appeared to be exactly what you all needed to start solidifying your D-Line.

Sorry to see that. He appeared to be exactly what you all needed to start solidifying your D-Line.

Carriker is a solid starter but we just lost all depth with Jenkins going down. Honestly i think our next best defensive ends are Darrion Scott and Doug Worthington, both practice squad types. Although Scott has looked very good this pre-season with the twos.

trust me they don't give a crap if its preseason or the regular season. Thank goodness its not the regular season. They print out shirts, the local news start saying its the battle of the beltway. Raven players, raven coaches and their owner start trash talking. Literally they hold it in the same level as they do when they play the steelers. Crazy

And I don't know why???

Because the Ravens are Maryland's team, yet you people seem to think that the Redskins are still relevant. Its irritating.

Because the Ravens are Maryland's team, yet you people seem to think that the Redskins are still relevant. Its irritating.

Thats because a lot of fans are fair weather fans and the Ravens have been winning lately so they jump on the Ravens bandwagon.

And in all honestly the Ravens usually kick our a** but last night our starters beat your starters somewhat easily.

The Ravens, Panthers, resurgent Steelers, and Dan Snyder as owner have all combined to turn what once was a storied franchise and amazing fan base, into a pale shadow of what it once was. The fanbase used to not have to even think about other teams, other than the steelers and moronic people who just "liked" Dallas. The only NFL that mattered was the skins. Now that the fanbase has shrunk tremendously, the remaining skins fanbase still hold to those same ideals - "skins are the ONLY team", but now they are seen as more of a joke, because of their lack of knowledge about the NFL, absent the skins.

Former NFL scout Bucky Brooks predicts that Tim Hightower will be a "star" in the Redskins' zone-blocking scheme.

"Hightower has shown outstanding speed, quickness and vision," writes Brooks. "He attacks the line of scrimmage quickly, but also has enough patience to identify the soft spot of the defense." It's true that Hightower has looked like a natural in Washington's scheme after three mostly mediocre seasons in Arizona's power-based system. His current ADP is the early seventh round.

Former NFL scout Bucky Brooks predicts that Tim Hightower will be a "star" in the Redskins' zone-blocking scheme.

"Hightower has shown outstanding speed, quickness and vision," writes Brooks. "He attacks the line of scrimmage quickly, but also has enough patience to identify the soft spot of the defense." It's true that Hightower has looked like a natural in Washington's scheme after three mostly mediocre seasons in Arizona's power-based system. His current ADP is the early seventh round.

a blind monkey sitting on-top of the alps can see that.

Thats because a lot of fans are fair weather fans and the Ravens have been winning lately so they jump on the Ravens bandwagon.

And in all honestly the Ravens usually kick our a** but last night our starters beat your starters somewhat easily.

As in lately, do you mean over a decade? :huh:

As in lately, do you mean over a decade? :huh:

Not true, the skins have had their good years when the Ravens havent. In 2007 we were in the playoffs and they were terrible, losing to the 1-15 Dolphins.

the Ravens/Skins played a regular season game in December 2008.

I think it was 12-7-08