gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Thats because a lot of fans are fair weather fans and the Ravens have been winning lately so they jump on the Ravens bandwagon.

And in all honestly the Ravens usually kick our a** but last night our starters beat your starters somewhat easily.

EVERY NFL TEAM HAS "BANDWAGON" FANS

The skins, the Eagles, etc.....

I know alot of "hardcore" Ravens fans that show up every week and cheer for them win or lose

Not true, the skins have had their good years when the Ravens havent. In 2007 we were in the playoffs and they were terrible, losing to the 1-15 Dolphins.

Even a blind squirrel...

I honestly believe the skins are turning things around. Its only a matter of time before we are back in the playoffs as long as Shanahan and Allen are allowed to do what they need to do.

I honestly believe the skins are turning things around. Its only a matter of time before we are back in the playoffs as long as Shanahan and Allen are allowed to do what they need to do.

Hold on Skippy...They are making some better decisions, but it'll be tough to make the playoffs in that division anytime soon.

Our running game has looked really good so far. If we can get a top rushing attack going, that will help out Beck/Grossman a lot. The defense already looks a lot better and we haven't had all 11 starters play together yet.

The division is still brutal but i think we can win 8 games...maybe more if everything goes right and we stay healthy.

How is that DE you drafted (Kerrigan) doing at OLB?

Hes doing pretty good. He made a few rookie mistakes last week (2 offsides penalties from jumping early) but he also has 2 sacks the last 2 games and has made some big tackles for losses.

I'm not predicting double digit sacks as a rookie but he has that potential.

Our running game has looked really good so far. If we can get a top rushing attack going, that will help out Beck/Grossman a lot. The defense already looks a lot better and we haven't had all 11 starters play together yet.

The division is still brutal but i think we can win 8 games...maybe more if everything goes right and we stay healthy.

I love how you think that a Beck/Grossman/Hightower combination will get you to the playoffs.

:flex:

I love how you think that a Beck/Grossman/Hightower combination will get you to the playoffs.

:flex:

I think all 3 players have shown a lot this pre-season so im cautiously optimistic.

I think all 3 players have shown a lot this pre-season so im cautiously optimistic.

That they have. What most folks don't realize is that Shanny's system does not ask the QBs to do a lot extra. Hit the targets in progression, get rid of the ball. That is why McNabb had such trouble there. The zone blocking also helps out the RBs a ton.

Now when the real season starts, and hightower gets the fumblitis again, and beck/grossman make tons of mistakes, that will truly be expected. But if they perform as they are in preseason, the skins appear not to be in the Luck lottery.

That they have. What most folks don't realize is that Shanny's system does not ask the QBs to do a lot extra. Hit the targets in progression, get rid of the ball. That is why McNabb had such trouble there. The zone blocking also helps out the RBs a ton.

Now when the real season starts, and hightower gets the fumblitis again, and beck/grossman make tons of mistakes, that will truly be expected. But if they perform as they are in preseason, the skins appear not to be in the Luck lottery.

Don't you think Shanahan would have had some idea of that before trading a 2nd and 4th rounder for him?

Grossman has been a mediocre QB his entire career and Beck has been a bust. Hightower was nothing special in Arizona. For any one them to be considered average NFL starter after this season is through I'll be impressed.

The Redskins have definitely looked better than what I anticipated this preseason. Still, I see them falling flat on their faces once the regular season begins. I don't see any way they match their win total from last season.

Don't you think Shanahan would have had some idea of that before trading a 2nd and 4th rounder for him?

Grossman has been a mediocre QB his entire career and Beck has been a bust. Hightower was nothing special in Arizona. For any one them to be considered average NFL starter after this season is through I'll be impressed.

The Redskins have definitely looked better than what I anticipated this preseason. Still, I see them falling flat on their faces once the regular season begins. I don't see any way they match their win total from last season.

If you break down the Redskins unit by unit i dont see any way that they cant improve on their win total from last year. 2010 opening roster vs 2011 projected.

QB - McNabb/Grossman/Beck to Beck/Grossman/Clemens. We will give this a push since McNabb was terrible last year. Its actually probably a slight improvement because both Grossman and Beck know the plays better than McNabb ever did, and have shown much better accuracy and command of the offense so far.

RB - Portis/L. Johnson/K. Williams to Hightower/Torain/Helu - There is no doubt that this is a massive upgrade from 2010.

FB - Sellers to D. Young - Push, Sellers is probably a better run blocker but Young has made big plays in the passing game for us.

WR - Moss/Galloway/Armstrong to Moss/Gaffney/Armstrong - Gaffney is an upgrade over Galloway. We also have promising rookies as depth.

TE - No change

OL - T. Williams/D. Dockery/C. Rabach/A. Hicks/J. Brown to T. Williams/K. Lichtensteiger/W. Montgomery/C. Chester/J. Brown - Its looked like a slight improvement in pass protection so far, and a big improvement in run blocking.

DL - A. Carriker/M. Kemoeatu/K. Golston to A. Carriker/B. Cofield/S. Bowen - Big time upgrade

LB - L. Alexander/L. Fletcher/R. McIntosh/B. Orakpo to R. Kerrigan/L. Fletcher/R. McIntosh/B. Orakpo - This should be a big upgrade in pass rushing but McIntosh is still a bad scheme fit and we could still struggle against the run. Moderate upgrade for pass rush, no change for run stopping.

CB - D. Hall/C. Rogers/P. Buchanan/K. Barnes to D. Hall/J. Wilson/P. Buchanan/K. Barnes - Wilson has only played in 1 pre-season game to injury, so i cant call this an improvement yet. At its worst it should be a push from last year.

FS - K. Moore/R. Doughty to OJ Atogwe/K. Moore - Monster upgrade, probably the biggest upgrade on the whole team.

SS - No change.

I'm reading reports out of skins training camp that Brian Orakpo has made improvements across the board and the coaches are really excited about him this year. I think we could see a true breakout year for him this year. He has 15 sack potential.

Otagwe hasnt played a down as a skin yet has he? If so then I don't count this as a upgrade. Having Landry and Otagwe healthy would be a huge upgrade.

Otagwe hasnt played a down as a skin yet has he? If so then I don't count this as a upgrade. Having Landry and Otagwe healthy would be a huge upgrade.

Atogwe played in last week's pre-season game.

I'm not sure how much shanny had in the deal. I'd think he'd have a ton of influence. If he did. and he went with MCNabb, than that is a 10000% mistake.

Hightower was a dynamic back in Arizona, he just fumbled too much. So right there, your opinion is suspect. Beck is an unknown, but he failed to impress over less than mediocre talent in a couple places now. Grossman has has some stellar games, but his turnovers were too much. IN all three cases, those players are NOT making mistakes. The expectation is that they will go back to the their mistake riddled ways. IF they do NOT, then the skins will compete in a bunch of games.

How can you see what they have been doing in preseason and say it's not a change from their norm? Unless you are not paying attention to the skins, and just assuming they are preforming exactly as they always have.

Personally, I expect them to regress from their flawless forms all three have shown in preseason.

So were they resting Sexy Rexy because he's the starter? Or were they giving more playing time to Beck because he's the starter? :unsure:

beck looked like crap against camp bodies today.

Definitely his worst game of the pre-season but then again he was playing with backup skill position players. He looked way better against the Ravens and Colts with the starters.

I still think he gets the start on opening day.

That's a ballsy pick. Not a single one for Dallas, though. Kind of surprising.

The Redskins will win the division? :blink:

Try and say that out loud with a straight face and see if you don't laugh.

Clearly Lombardi is joking.