gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

The Redskins will win the division? :blink:

Try and say that out loud with a straight face and see if you don't laugh.

Clearly Lombardi is joking.

I think the skins absolute best case scenario is probably 8-8 or 9-7 with a wild card.

I think the skins absolute best case scenario is probably 8-8 or 9-7 with a wild card.

I think your best case scenario is pretty darn optimistic but I won't begrudge you, seeing as that's your team and all.

I think they can go 8-8 BEST case. They will be better than last year for sure.

The Redskins will win the division? :blink:

Try and say that out loud with a straight face and see if you don't laugh.

Clearly Lombardi is joking.

It's possible.

Skins Cuts (Updating Post)

QB Ben Chappell

QB Kellen Clemens

QB Matt Gutierrez

RB/FB Keiland Williams

WR Aldrick Robinson

WR Malcolm Kelly

TE Joe Torchia

TE Tony Curtis

OT Xavier Fulton

OT Clint Oldenburg

OT Selvish Capers

OG Maurice Hurt

OG Corey O'Daniel

OG Donovan Raiola

OG Artis Hicks

DE Jeff Stehle

DE Doug Worthington

NT Anthony Bryant

LB Horatio Blades

LB Eric McBride

LB Thadeus Gibson

LB Edgar Jones

CB Reggie Jones

CB Dante Barnes

CB Tyrone Grant

S Chris Horton

S Davonte Shannon

S Anderson Russell

K Clint Stitser

We better be careful because Rocca is going to tell them about our special teams' plays. Scary.

I'm pretty sure Theisman's brain doesn't actually function.

I thought this guy was a good player for you? Kind of surprised. Not that I'm following that close.

He stepped in his rookie year because of injury and he played well, he made a bunch of plays. Ever since then he has been injury prone and struggled to get on the field. Safety is one of the skins deepest positions and he just didn't make the cut this time around with the addition of Atogwe and Gomes in the draft. Horton can still help a team as a backup strong safety and good special teams player.

Skins sign 5 to practice squad

RB Evan Royster

How has he looked in camp? Does he have a future in the league or is he going to be one of those guys that bounces around for a few years then you never hear from him again. I only ask because I'm a PSU fan (and alum)

How has he looked in camp? Does he have a future in the league or is he going to be one of those guys that bounces around for a few years then you never hear from him again. I only ask because I'm a PSU fan (and alum)

He didn't look like anything special. He basically only gets whats blocked and doesn't make guys miss or break tackles. His NFL ceiling is probably as a 3rd running back.

And actually a few times he looked like he went to the ground way too easily or on his own to avoid contact.

Grossman named starting QB for week 1. Unless its a Shanahan smoke screen and they surprise the Giants with Beck.

Sure, why not get another season of futility kicked off with a tool bag move by the HC :D.

Grossman named starting QB for week 1. Unless its a Shanahan smoke screen and they surprise the Giants with Beck.

Ahhh Beck the Skins' secret weapon for the season.

Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!!

Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!!

Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!! Sexy Rexy!!!

I believe the last time Asante Samuel played Sexy Rexy, he had 3 INTs.

Warning, PG-13 language

Is that Berrian? I think he

LaRon Landry is out for the Giants game. Reed Doughty will get the start in his place. We are super thin at safety without Landry. Atogwe and Doughty will start and the only reserve safety is 5th round rookie Dejon Gomes. Our nickel corner, Kevin Barnes can also play some safety in an emergency.

Cooley is listed as questionable and will be a game-time decision but im completely expecting Fred Davis to start in his place. We'll lose nothing in the passing game but we will miss Cooley big time in terms of run/pass blocking. Davis just can't do it. Logan Paulsen could get a lot of snaps as a blocking tight end.

Anyway, its a must-win game for the skins at home against an injury riddled division rival. If they don't win this game then they clearly arn't a playoff team.

LaRon Landry is out for the Giants game. Reed Doughty will get the start in his place. We are super thin at safety without Landry. Atogwe and Doughty will start and the only reserve safety is 5th round rookie Dejon Gomes. Our nickel corner, Kevin Barnes can also play some safety in an emergency.

Cooley is listed as questionable and will be a game-time decision but im completely expecting Fred Davis to start in his place. We'll lose nothing in the passing game but we will miss Cooley big time in terms of run/pass blocking. Davis just can't do it. Logan Paulsen could get a lot of snaps as a blocking tight end.

Anyway, its a must-win game for the skins at home against an injury riddled division rival. If they don't win this game then they clearly arn't a playoff team.

you can't pass the ball anyway who cares. The key for the Redskins is the development of the young players. For the first time they are rebuilding and doing it the right way. They aren't taking any shortcuts but they are going to be unbelievably bad this year. You can pretend the defense got a lot better by adding OJ Otagwe and Barry Cofield but Cofield is not going to be a good NT and they have no backers outside of Orakpo. But again for the skins the key players to watch are Trent Williams (who I think will be the best LT in the division at some point), Orakpo, and Kerrigan. Everyone else will stink and there is nothing you can do but you can find enjoyment in the season by watching the young guys.

you can't pass the ball anyway who cares. The key for the Redskins is the development of the young players. For the first time they are rebuilding and doing it the right way. They aren't taking any shortcuts but they are going to be unbelievably bad this year. You can pretend the defense got a lot better by adding OJ Otagwe and Barry Cofield but Cofield is not going to be a good NT and they have no backers outside of Orakpo. But again for the skins the key players to watch are Trent Williams (who I think will be the best LT in the division at some point), Orakpo, and Kerrigan. Everyone else will stink and there is nothing you can do but you can find enjoyment in the season by watching the young guys.

Solid post right there.

The only thing I'd add is that, USUALLY teams start off with THE QB when starting the rebuilding process. That is where the skins are doing it wrong, IMHO.

You forgot about Stephen Bowen, Josh Wilson, and Ryan Kerrigan on D. And the skins linebacking corps is probably one of the deepest areas of the team in my opinion. I think we have 3 or 4 linebackers who can rush the passer. Our inside backers are weak except for Fletcher though.

Solid post right there.

The only thing I'd add is that, USUALLY teams start off with THE QB when starting the rebuilding process. That is where the skins are doing it wrong, IMHO.

Thats one way of doing things, the other school of thought is you build up the rest of the team and then get the QB and put him into a situation where he can thrive.

You forgot about Stephen Bowen, Josh Wilson, and Ryan Kerrigan on D. And the skins linebacking corps is probably one of the deepest areas of the team in my opinion. I think we have 3 or 4 linebackers who can rush the passer. Our inside backers are weak except for Fletcher though.

Thats one way of doing things, the other school of thought is you build up the rest of the team and then get the QB and put him into a situation where he can thrive.

Bowen, Wilson, or Kerrigan havent played a meaningful game yet.

All Im saying is last time skins looked great in the preseason they went 4-12