gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

The top 10 redskins performers during the 1st week of Camp.

Kareem Moore has been playing lights out, the starting free safety job is his to lose. And number 5 on this list really gets me excited.

2. Fred Davis, tight end – Chris Cooley is the man. I’ve got no problem saying it and neither does Davis. But the offensive star throughout this entire offseason has easily been Freddie Delight. The days of oversleeping practice and/or looking lost on the football field are long gone. These days, the third-year pro is automatic – especially when running a seam route. If a quarterback can get the ball near him, Davis has had no problem catching the ball in stride and blowing by defenders. If he can improve his blocking, Davis is going to be a force in this league.

This cat is set for a HUGE season. He is already McNabb's fav. target.

Goodell on Haynesworth, Moss.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsi...redskinsinsider

Goodell would intervene on Haynesworth if "I can play a helpful role"

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell met with Redskins' players Wednesday afternoon, and though he chatted privately with Albert Haynesworth after the team meeting, he did not speak with Santana Moss, who has acknowledged he was treated by a Canadian doctor accused of providing HGH to some clients.

Of Haynesworth, Goodell said: "He understands. He wants to get out on that field, he wants to make sure that he's performing as a Redskin. I hope he can do that quickly."

Asked if it's a situation that might require the commissioner's intervention, Goodell said he would assist "if I can play a helpful role..."I think these are issues that teams and players go through all the time," he said in a meeting with reporters Wednesday afternoon. "They

need to get resolved in a way that works for everybody."

"Albert wants to play football and he wants to get out there," he added. "He needs to be able to do that. But he needs to get himself in proper shape to do that."

Goodell also noted that he himself has taken conditioning tests in the past. Asked if he passed, Goodell said, "Oh, yeah. What? Does that surprise you."

As for Moss, Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan has said he doesn't anticipate the Redskins' receiver facing a suspension from the NFL for his involvement with Dr. Anthony Galea, who was charged in May with smuggling and distributing human growth hormone

While Goodell offered no such guarantees, a suspension does not seem imminent. "I don't make those determinations," he said. "I like to know the facts first."

Goodell said his staff has spoken with Moss, and they're apparently waiting for the criminal case to proceed.

"We're following it. It's obviously part of an overall criminal investigation [that] we obviously are cooperating with and following very closely," Goodell said. "Certainly when a determination is made, we'll determine our next steps."

HGH is an important issue for the commissioner's office and it is likely to be discussed as the owners continue to negotiate a labor deal with the NFL Players Association. Goodell said he has no idea how prevalent HGH use is in the NFL .

"You really don't know because we don't have a testing program, and that's one of the reasons we proposed...blood testing because that's the only reliable test that you have right now," he said. "We think it's necessary to protect the players' health and safety, but also the integrity of the game."

Not really sitting on his a**

Haynesworth continues to learn the Redskins defense as a spectator, watching the drills usually with a play sheet in his hand. He also attends team meetings and has been hitting the blocking sled after practice.

I'm sure when the trainers give him the go he'll try the test again.

Well at least Haynesworth is still around and taking the mental reps. I would be calling for his head if he just didn't show since he cant pass his test until his knee gets better.

If I were Allen i would try calling the Bengals and see if they would give up a 3rd round pick for Haynesworth. They run an aggressive 4-3 and dont care about character. And as for Beck, Kyle Shanahan said he loved him coming out of college. I would bet money he will be our #3 QB this year if we keep a 3rd QB.

Big Al getting an MRI on his knee today....

I'm worried about that knee, it gave him trouble in camp last season. :-(

Mike Furrey with a mild concussion.

Kareem Moore still having one hell of a camp. He could breakout as one of the best young safeties in the league this year. For all the crap that vinny took he did actually make some nice late-round picks and did pretty well on the 1st rounders.

McNabb is really favoring Fred Davis in camp. Seems like every other play i read about is McNabb to Davis. Also Adam Carriker and Jeremy Jarmon have been doing very well at DE. The Carriker trade could be one of the best steals of the off-season. Hes been running with the first team defense the entire time.

I'm very excited about the depth on our defensive line and outside linebacker. We could have a great d-line rotation going.

Kareem Moore still having one hell of a camp. He could breakout as one of the best young safeties in the league this year. For all the crap that vinny took he did actually make some nice late-round picks and did pretty well on the 1st rounders.

McNabb is really favoring Fred Davis in camp. Seems like every other play i read about is McNabb to Davis. Also Adam Carriker and Jeremy Jarmon have been doing very well at DE. The Carriker trade could be one of the best steals of the off-season. Hes been running with the first team defense the entire time.

I'm very excited about the depth on our defensive line and outside linebacker. We could have a great d-line rotation going.

Andre Carter is in a fist fight with Lorenzo Alexander for the outside linebacker spot opposite B.Orakpo.

Thats not a knock on Carter, its just that Alexander has flat out been impressive with his hard work and

understanding of the new 3 - 4 defense.

Andre Carter is in a fist fight with Lorenzo Alexander for the outside linebacker spot opposite B.Orakpo.

Thats not a knock on Carter, its just that Alexander has flat out been impressive with his hard work and

understanding of the new 3 - 4 defense.

You know Alexander has to be playing lights out if he is stealing first team reps from a guy that had what, 11 or 12 sacks last year? Alexander is why i am excited about our outside linebacker depth and we also have Chris Wilson who should be a good fit there too.

how so?

reid had to call mcnabb after we drafted kolb and reassure him. show me any other time where a player got a phone call from the coach because they spent a high draft pick at his position. can't? of course not. mcnabb's going to challenge your cheerleaders for most sensitive V on the field.

because he's been stinking it up in camp and maybe on the way out.

He clearly does not want to be in DC.

MRI: No structural damage to Haynesworth's knee..

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsi...esworth-to.html

Albert Haynesworth MRI shows no structural damage

Updated at 6:40 p.m

An MRI exam Thursday of Albert Haynesworth's irritated knee revealed no structural damage, and the Redskins are hopeful the Pro Bowl defensive lineman will be at full strength soon, people familiar with the situation said.

Haynesworth missed the 13th practice session of the Redskins training camp Thursday morning. The knee problem, which developed late last week, has prevented him from taking the conditioning test Shanahan requires of players who missed more than half of the offseason workouts.

"We're giving him an MRI today because his knee has been a little bit sore, more sore than it has been in the past," Shanahan said, speaking before Haynesworth underwent the MRI. "In the past, every third or fourth day it'd be a little sore, according to the trainers. But now it's been a couple days consistently sore...We're going to MRI it, see if he's okay and then we'll go through the rehab work to get it stronger."

Haynesworth spent the entire morning practice session on the field, watching his teammates. He then spent more than 20 minutes after the practice working with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, defensive line coach Jacob Burney and strength and conditioning coach Ray Wright. Haynesworth hit a blocking sled and several tackling dummies, in addition to working on concepts of the Redskins' new 3-4 defense.

The work appeared to be the most intense and advanced of any of Haynesworth's previous individual workouts throughout camp. Despite that, Shanahan said he did not know when Haynesworth would be able to take the conditioning test.

"We'll just wait and see," Shanahan said. "That's why he gets treatment. He was out there doing individual work today and was a lot further ahead today than I thought he would be. So today it surprised me how well he did during the drill work so we'll just wait and see."

When pressed on the need to get Haynesworth into the rotation in practice so that he might be able to play in preseason games, Shanahan reiterated that his goal was to have Haynesworth practicing and healthy throughout the whole season - not just for training camp. Essentially, he said, the routine of Haynesworth skipping practice during the week but playing in games has ended.

"If you take a look at last year how many games he played without practicing, we're going to make sure that he can practice so he can stay healthy and play at a very high level," Shanahan said. "I've got all the stats in there how many games he played where he didn't practice throughout the whole week. ... If you don't practice you're not going to play well. You've got to practice well to play well. That's what the NFL and football is all about.

"Every once in a while you might get a guy in there that practices a little bit and has a good game but if you don't practice consistently it's hard to play consistently. And that's what I'm after. I'm after him playing well for the whole season."

Bye Bye Colt!!

Colt Brennan has been released by the Washington Redskins. Good luck kid.

Hopefully you chastise all your fellow skins fans who were calling for Colt to start at QB last year. I know I did at the time.

Hopefully you chastise all your fellow skins fans who were calling for Colt to start at QB last year. I know I did at the time.

Based on the fact that we were going nowhere. We all were hoping, praying, wishing on a comet for some kind

of spark. Anything and everything. :lol: