gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

if the eagles defense can turn it around and play 4qtrs than they will be fine. Im not worried about giving up yardage, but stopping them from getting points if fine.

3 weeks in a row eagles have had a lead. 2 of them were double digit. Eagles could easily have been 4-0,

These next two games will be huge. If we can go into the bye at 3-3 we still have hope.

Skins still struggle in the redzone it seems. They should have killed the rams, but some how the rams almost made a comeback. The early bye will be interesting.

We will be with out Peters and Cole probably till after the bye.

Eagles are a different team though. Your defense is horrible. I mean you guys made Smith look like a good QB last week.

Vick is still the same but no way is he going to survive the season especially with the redskins,dallas and giants having solid presser on the QB this season.

Two points.

1) will the eagles be able to stop the redskins running game

2) Can the redskins get to vick often and hit him hard

Those will decided the game.

My skins Game Ball through 4 weeks of the season:

Offense

Best player: QB Rex Grossman

Hes been inconsistent throwing the ball lately but he has been consistent in moving the offense and winning games. He has made several amazing throws that make your jaw drop. Without Rex at QB we are probably looking at one more loss at least.

Best player honorable mentions: WR Santana Moss, C Will Montgomery, RB Tim Hightower

Worst player: T Jammal Brown

Hes struggled big time and this has the look of a free agent bust re-signing. He is the weak link on our offensive line. According to Pro Football Focus Brown has given up 4 sacks already.

Defense

Best player: OLB Brian Orakpo

Hes a beast. An outstanding pure pass rusher, he could be the next DeMarcus Ware. He leads the skins with 3.5 sacks.

Best player honorable mentions: OLB Ryan Kerrigan, DE Stephen Bowen, ILB London Fletcher

Worst player: CB DeAngelo Hall

Hall has struggled big time this year. You know what you get with Hall, he will give up big plays but will make big plays. Except this year he hasn't made any big plays. I like how physical hes become against the run but he either has to tighten up his coverage or start making some plays.

Special Teams

Best player: P Sav Rocca

Wow, he is playing at an all-pro level right now. He has put 11 punts inside the 20 and has routinely boomed big ones when the skins were backed up and needed him. We owe a lot to him for the 3 wins.

My skins Game Ball through 4 weeks of the season:

Offense

Best player: QB Rex Grossman

Hes been inconsistent throwing the ball lately but he has been consistent in moving the offense and winning games. He has made several amazing throws that make your jaw drop. Without Rex at QB we are probably looking at one more loss at least.

Best player honorable mentions: WR Santana Moss, C Will Montgomery, RB Tim Hightower

Worst player: T Jammal Brown

Hes struggled big time and this has the look of a free agent bust re-signing. He is the weak link on our offensive line. According to Pro Football Focus Brown has given up 4 sacks already.

Defense

Best player: OLB Brian Orakpo

Hes a beast. An outstanding pure pass rusher, he could be the next DeMarcus Ware. He leads the skins with 3.5 sacks.

Best player honorable mentions: OLB Ryan Kerrigan, DE Stephen Bowen, ILB London Fletcher

Worst player: CB DeAngelo Hall

Hall has struggled big time this year. You know what you get with Hall, he will give up big plays but will make big plays. Except this year he hasn't made any big plays. I like how physical hes become against the run but he either has to tighten up his coverage or start making some plays.

Special Teams

Best player: P Sav Rocca

Wow, he is playing at an all-pro level right now. He has put 11 punts inside the 20 and has routinely boomed big ones when the skins were backed up and needed him. We owe a lot to him for the 3 wins.

nice post. I was thinking of posting something similar and starting a thread

Eagles are a different team though. Your defense is horrible. I mean you guys made Smith look like a good QB last week.

Vick is still the same but no way is he going to survive the season especially with the redskins,dallas and giants having solid presser on the QB this season.

Two points.

1) will the eagles be able to stop the redskins running game

2) Can the redskins get to vick often and hit him hard

Those will decided the game.

Our last two drafts have completely busted. The hole at LB and weak S position negates good pass rush and good DB play. It's a mess.

Too many changes on the OL in a short offseason. Mudd isn't protecting royalty anymore so the OL struggles.

Basically the entire division is in collapse. Redskins might surprise me and float up to the surface.

I don't see anyone from the NFCE pulling it together and doing something in the playoffs though.

Our last two drafts have completely busted. The hole at LB and weak S position negates good pass rush and good DB play. It's a mess.

Too many changes on the OL in a short offseason. Mudd isn't protecting royalty anymore so the OL struggles.

Basically the entire division is in collapse. Redskins might surprise me and float up to the surface.

I don't see anyone from the NFCE pulling it together and doing something in the playoffs though.

eh, I don't see Dallas in collapse. Their defense and OL is better than expected, they have lost 2 games they should have easily won, and all this while being banged up. Giants don't look like they are collapsing either.

I disagree with the collapse, Redskins are growing finally, Dallas is becoming a force on defense and the giants still trend well in the yearly part of the season. The collapse is with the eagles. No solid drafts for 3 seasons, the coaching staff is questionable especially with the OC and DC. Plus that oline can't keep your best player from getting mauled in every game. Vick won't last long with that oline.

IF the eagles just had a solid Oline to protect vick, I'd think the eagles had a chance at the division but there is just too many holes on your football team. Critical holes on oline and defense, that no one expected. Well I knew it was a huge mistake to start Casey at MLB, I got chewed out here for saying that in the beginning of the season.

I disagree with the collapse, Redskins are growing finally, Dallas is becoming a force on defense and the giants still trend well in the yearly part of the season. The collapse is with the eagles. No solid drafts for 3 seasons, the coaching staff is questionable especially with the OC and DC. Plus that oline can't keep your best player from getting mauled in every game. Vick won't last long with that oline.

IF the eagles just had a solid Oline to protect vick, I'd think the eagles had a chance at the division but there is just too many holes on your football team. Critical holes on oline and defense, that no one expected. Well I knew it was a huge mistake to start Casey at MLB, I got chewed out here for saying that in the beginning of the season.

yeah, the Casey Matthews experiment and Juan Castillio were huge unknowns, and you or anyone else that brought that up on here got killed. Dallas will get Miles Austin back after the bye, Dez should be 100% finally and maybe even get their 3rd CB back (Scandrick), Romo and Felix Jones might get a little healthier, I think Dallas will lose to the Pats, but I think they can win some games after that....don't see them as collapsing at all. Same with NY. The skins are definitely better than last year and with their soft schedule, they aren't going to have a huge losing streak either. The Eagles offense will keep them in games, I feel like they are going to win some game too.

Funny. I started a thread last week about how the Eagles are the new Redskins and it has been deleted. I love how the truth needs to be covered up.

I remember that thread. Now we feel your pain.

Oh man, what a great week. Eagles and Giants both lose. The skins sit atop the NFC East and have a big chance to get ahead next week.

If we can get a win next week that might be the last nail in the coffin for the Eagles.

Oh man, what a great week. Eagles and Giants both lose. The skins sit atop the NFC East and have a big chance to get ahead next week.

If we can get a win next week that might be the last nail in the coffin for the Eagles.

there isn't enough room for any more nails.

So let me get this straight the eagles have a problem with stopping the run?? And the redskins are built to run the ball with three solid RBs? Hmmmmm

Seriously we match up so well that it will be some dumb idiotic play that will have the redskins losing next week.

Gut feeling the redskins do well but find a way to choke it up to the eagles. Division games are always hard.

if im the skins grossman doesnt try a single pass.

I would just run Torain, Hulu, and Hightower all game.

So let me get this straight the eagles have a problem with stopping the run?? And the redskins are built to run the ball with three solid RBs? Hmmmmm

Seriously we match up so well that it will be some dumb idiotic play that will have the redskins losing next week.

Gut feeling the redskins do well but find a way to choke it up to the eagles. Division games are always hard.

Don't worry, even though Grossman isn't a great QB the Eagles will treat him like Joe Montana in his prime and cover everything deep. So much that they'll leave themselves vulnerable to the running game and any quick slants he wants to throw. All Fitzpatrick had to do today was manage the offense and throw an occasional out pattern and his team still put up 31.

Ok this has to happen for the redskins to win next week

We run the ball and the eagles don't do anything to stop it

Redskin win the time of possession

And Rex doesn't turn it over.

Really, all the redskins have to do is be smart and we have the game. BUT.... I just know something stupid will happen. Some dumb play that turns the game over to the eagles.

Don't worry, even though Grossman isn't a great QB the Eagles will treat him like Joe Montana in his prime and cover everything deep. So much that they'll leave themselves vulnerable to the running game and any quick slants he wants to throw. All Fitzpatrick had to do today was manage the offense and throw an occasional out pattern and his team still put up 31.

ehh, the whole good Rex bad Rex thing really is true. He just has to be smart but he's turned the ball over 15 times the 9 starts he's played as a redskin. that is a lot

Ok this has to happen for the redskins to win next week

We run the ball and the eagles don't do anything to stop it

Redskin win the time of possession

And Rex doesn't turn it over.

Really, all the redskins have to do is be smart and we have the game. BUT.... I just know something stupid will happen. Some dumb play that turns the game over to the eagles.

You mean like last week when a perfectly thrown ball hits Moss in the hands and bounces into the hands of Justin King who runs it back to set up a TD, sparking the Rams comeback?

The Eagles can score points easily, we have to play good defense and keep McCoy bottled up. On offense we have to run the ball like theres no tomorrow.

Are the Redskins currently the favorites to win the East? I think if we arn't already if we can beat the Eagles next week we will be NFC East favorites.

Are the Redskins currently the favorites to win the East? I think if we arn't already if we can beat the Eagles next week we will be NFC East favorites.

At this point I'd say so. Right now I think the Skins are the best coached team in the East and that's why they're on top.

At this point I'd say so. Right now I think the Skins are the best coached team in the East and that's why they're on top.

I think we honestly have a top 5 coaching staff. If we can continue the competent GM moves i think we will be back in business in no time.

Mike Shanahan had the #1 offense in Denver the year he was fired, Kyle Shanahan was the offensive coordinator of the #1 offense in his last year with the Texans.

Jim Haslett brings the Steelers-style attacking 3-4 and has them playing much better this year.

Danny Smith's punt and kick coverage units are always tops in the league.

We have an owner who will spend any amount of money for anything Shanahan needs (He is building him a practice bubble right now and is scouting locations to build an all new state of the art Redskins Park). All we need is to keep adding talent to the team and the sky's the limit.