gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I think we honestly have a top 5 coaching staff. If we can continue the competent GM moves i think we will be back in business in no time.

Mike Shanahan had the #1 offense in Denver the year he was fired,

No he didn't.

ppg 16th

passing 3rd

rushing 12th

our defense is going to put a hurting on vick this week Brian and Ryan K. are going to be coming off that edge with no-one to block them.

Vick is in for a long day buddy

Are the Redskins currently the favorites to win the East? I think if we arn't already if we can beat the Eagles next week we will be NFC East favorites.

I think they are, #1 because they have the easiest schedule in the NFL, lets be real, they beat an injury depleted Giants team, a horrible Arizona team and squeaked by the Rams and lost to a Dallas team playing CB's and WR's off the street. I think the skins are much improved and heading in the right direction. Shanny is the best game day coach in the NFCE (Garrett and Andy fight it out for last)....but I don't think they are that great, shut down the run game and they are toast.They need to find a QB and some WR talent, if they do that they are going to be very good.

I wish Dallas would have hired Shanny, but f'n Wade had to get lucky and win a playoff game in 2010.

I hope the Skins kill Philly this week though

I think we honestly have a top 5 coaching staff. If we can continue the competent GM moves i think we will be back in business in no time.

Mike Shanahan had the #1 offense in Denver the year he was fired, Kyle Shanahan was the offensive coordinator of the #1 offense in his last year with the Texans.

Jim Haslett brings the Steelers-style attacking 3-4 and has them playing much better this year.

Danny Smith's punt and kick coverage units are always tops in the league.

We have an owner who will spend any amount of money for anything Shanahan needs (He is building him a practice bubble right now and is scouting locations to build an all new state of the art Redskins Park). All we need is to keep adding talent to the team and the sky's the limit.

The division is in the toilet and the washington is the turd at the top.

That being said, be gentle with us after we get violated on Sunday.

FNNChuck Chuck Carroll #Redskins vs. #Cowboys on 9/26 is the highest rated show on cable so far this fall with 17.1 million viewers. #NFL

Can't believe that no show has topped that yet. Usually the next Monday night game will overcome the number of viewers from the previous week

Rivalry is still strong

I'll be at the game on Sunday. I'm hoping the Eagles players can win in spite of Reid's idiocy.

I'll be at the game on Sunday. I'm hoping the Eagles players can win in spite of Reid's idiocy.

I'll be watching the game at home with my dad, brother, and wife.

I'll be watching the game from home with a case of beer and a cheesesteak.

How bad is the East? It's conceivable that both the Cowboys and Giants could lose this week and the Eagles could beat the Skins. I'm not expecting the Eagles to win because at this point they're an awful team but it's not like they've been blown out this season so maybe they keep it close and come out on top. If all of that happens the division looks like this:

Skins 3-2

Giants 3-3

Cowboys 2-3

Eagles 2-4

The East is probably at it's lowest point since 98'

How bad is the East? It's conceivable that both the Cowboys and Giants could lose this week and the Eagles could beat the Skins. I'm not expecting the Eagles to win because at this point they're an awful team but it's not like they've been blown out this season so maybe they keep it close and come out on top. If all of that happens the division looks like this:

Skins 3-2

Giants 3-3

Cowboys 2-3

Eagles 2-4

the east isn't as bad as people think, they just don't have an elite team, the Packers are far and away the class of the NFC, but every team in the east can play with the Lions, Saints whoever is on the 2nd tier of NFC teams. I actually think the skins have reached their ceiling, they have beat weak teams, they have a good defense that will keep them in every game but shut down the run and they are done. Dallas, NY and Philly all have the talent to get hot and go on a run.

Dallas is going to lose tomorrow and people will write them off, but they have been missing 5-6 starters in every game and have had the NFL's toughest schedule to date, they are getting healthy now and their schedule lightens up...i can see them making a little run

Skins 3-2

Giants 3-3

Cowboys 2-3

Eagles 2-4

I think at some point at least one team will get hot and reel off 4-5 wins at a time. I could see any team doing it too.

Eagles will stomp all over the Skins this weekend. Giants win and the Cowboys will get badly ucked up in Boston.

Giants 4-2

Redskins 3-2

Cowboys 2-3

Eagles 2-4

:rolleyes: Yeah it's all Reids fault.

Eagles will stomp all over the Skins this weekend. Giants win and the Cowboys will get badly ucked up in Boston.

Giants 4-2

Redskins 3-2

Cowboys 2-3

Eagles 2-4

Idk, Giants vs bill should be good. I could see the bills taking it.

Idk, Giants vs bill should be good. I could see the bills taking it.

I so hope youre wrong but i can see the Giants game going either way...its a pure coin toss game

The Bills are no where near as good as their record. Their defense is terrible and their offense is nothing special.

Reminds me of the Redskins.

I think at some point at least one team will get hot and reel off 4-5 wins at a time. I could see any team doing it too.

I just don't see it. I think the winner of the East will be 9-7. And I can't see the Eagles doing it. Parcells had a great quote last week on the pregame show, he said the Eagles have a lot of nice looking garnish but their meat and potatoes are lacking. Best analogy I've heard to describe this team. They have players to cover up some of their deficiencies, like Vick who can scramble on offense. Their D has some nice pieces but their LBs and safeties aside from Allen are horrid...probably the worst in the league. I don't think they're as bad as they're playing but even at full strength they're still only a halfway decent team, same as last year.

I haven't missed an NFC East game this season but from what I saw the Skins are playing the best ball. They're fundamentally sound and well coached. They might not have the flash players but they play well as a unit. At this point I don't think they're a great team but I do think they're the class of the East.

:rolleyes: Yeah it's all Reids fault.

It isn't? Who's the genius who decided to hire Juan Castillo as DC and go with 3 borderline special team players at LB? It's 100% Reid's fault the team is in the dilemma they're in.

It isn't? Who's the genius who decided to hire Juan Castillo as DC and go with 3 borderline special team players at LB? It's 100% Reid's fault the team is in the dilemma they're in.

Um, OK. The Eagles are in the position they are in because of turnovers from the QB and the offense and players missing tackles on defense. They are grown men being paid millions.

This is on the players first and foremost.

Reminds me of the Redskins.

LMFAO....oh so true

I knew this response was coming. I think the skins play much better defense than the Bills. And the skins pass rush is light years ahead of the Bills. Mainly because they drafted Aaron Maybin instead of Orakpo or Clay Matthews.