gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

meh, actually I have more confidence now than i did before the eagles game on the season. Don't be surprised if the redskins go 10-6 and have a real shot at the NFC east. I'm not impressed with any team in the NFC east especially the eagles.

HUH? You have more confidence in what? John Beck is now your QB. Shanny is somehow the only person in the world in the last 5 years who thinks this guy is worthy of being a starter. I think Tebow has a better shot at being a more long term starting QB than Beck. I think the Skins lose the next three. Carolina is going to beat them. They have played alot of good teams close and will get this one against the Skins.

Also one thing about the Eagles cannot be overlooked. Post bye game they are undefeated under Andy and during the final half of the season no team has been better this past decade. They play their best at the end. NYG on the other hand have started with 4 wins I believe for the 8th time in the past ten years and have a history of choking.

Redskins:

@Car, @Buf, SF, Mia, Dal, @Sea, NYJ, NE, @NYG, Min, @Phi

Eagles:

bye, Dal, Chi, Ari, @NYG, NE, @Sea, @Mia, NYJ, @Dal, Was

NYG:

bye, Mia, @NE, @SF, Phi, @NO, GB, @Dal, Was, @NYJ, Dal

Cowboys:

Stl, @Phi, Sea, Buf, @Was, Mia, @Ari, NYG, @TB, Phi, @NYG

It's tough as hell to predict this season in the NFC East. NYG have a brutal finish after they play Miami. On paper, Dallas looks to actually have the much easier schedule but with the way they are playing can they take advantage of it? I think we could have a 9-7 division winner.

anyone see rex almost crying during his presser? lol.. the guy is 30 and acts like a baby.

So you guys bash him now but loved and defended him when you were 3-1?

seriously you guys are going ape **** over one win as if the problems the eagle have will change. I don't know how eagle fans can come out of yesterday's game and think the eagles will be contenders for the NFC east. We played the worst game of the season, the QB threw 4 ints, they put in beck and after all of that the eagles only won 20-13.

Yes, I'm very confident actually. I thought you guys were a lot better than what I saw.

So you guys bash him now but loved and defended him when you were 3-1?

everyone knows Rex and Beck are gaps until the redskins draft a QB next season. Plus, i've stated countless times that the redskins are winning not because of the QB and also predicted that the redskins would lose because of Grossman in the eagles game

You guys are giving us too much credit. Yes the redskins are much improved in the running game and the defense. We will probably end up in the top 10 at the end of the season in those two categories.

The issue is manly on the QB position and trust me when I say this....Rex alone can lose the whole game. The redskins should be 4-0, not only that but we should have blown out the Cardinals and the Rams but Rex has really made some stupid decision especially in the redzone. He had two Ints in the redszone against the Cardinals and one in the Rams game.

I'm not worried about the eagles at all, not even scared of Vick. The defense is healthy and solid. The running game is starting to look like shanny's old days with the Broncos. My worry is Rex. He has turned the ball over 15 times in the last 9 starts, that's almost two a game.

IF Rex doesn't turn the ball over not only will the skins win but we'll probably win by two or three scores.

Rex is a game changer.

Great example is the rams game. The redskins were DOMINATING the rams for 3 and half quarters until Rex decided to unleash the dragon and throw an Interception in the redzone. That interception turned the whole game around. Instead of going up 24-0, the rams where on the 30 and only two plays away from their first score. That lead to another interception from rex which resulted in 3 points. So in less than 5 minutes the rams were 7 points away to tie the game. Thankfully the defense shut him down on that last drive or it would be a different story for the redskins and the 3-1 start.

Rex doesn't turn the ball over we will win but if he does, I'm 100% sure the eagles take the game.

The skins havent looked good on offense ALL year. They have barley beaten teams. The cards are horrible, so are the rams. If you cant put up 20+ points vs the rams there are problems.

Eagles D had problems all year and shut down the run yesterday and kept the WR's in check.

Our offense was killing your defense in the first half, working up and down the field.

We were with out our starting LT,back up LT. Your dline couldnt get to vick with a make shift oline.

on defense we were with out our best pass rusher. to a skins fans the eagles may not look good, but how is anyone suposed to believe the skins will be good with a makeshift oline?

Beck may be a little better but he inst a world beater.

As stated before Reid is one of the best coaches for the second half of the season. The bye will help us a TON with getting stuff straight.

I can see NEwton giving you fits, Pats and Jets, Giats will want revenge, and Dallas is alwasy tought.

You guys couldnt stop McCoy, Fred Jackson is a really good RB, he will give you problems,

49ers defense is damn good. There LB's are playing better than anyone right now. Willis and Bowman are a force to deal with.

Miami is a gimme win.

Seattle is a tough game at home for any team.

ITs nice that you are optomistic, but how can you come ro an EAGLES forum and ask EAGLES fans how they think they have a shot at the division?

Skins havent looked that good at all this season, so how am I suposed to beleive you can finish the year at 10-6?

anyone see rex almost crying during his presser? lol.. the guy is 30 and acts like a baby.

The man cares. I watched it and felt bad for him. But you just can't defend those interceptions. Its not like they were tipped balls. Beck deserves to get his shot.

The skins lost this game because they abandoned the run too early, they had many missed opportunities to score. You can't settle for field goals and except to win.

Even so, we turned the ball over 4 times and were in the game to the end. We need to get back to running the ball against Carolina.

Amazing how doom and gloom all eagles fans were before this game and now they are back to being obnoxious and pounding their chest. Is the dream team back?

SOME Eagle fans. Not everybody is like that dope you're quoting.

SOME Eagle fans. Not everybody is like that dope you're quoting.

werd.

Also, you have to expect a little extra smack in a the Redskins thread, on the EMB, the day after the Eagles bear the Redskins.

Yes, I'm very confident actually. I thought you guys were a lot better than what I saw.

You've mentioned this a couple times already. This is just scared rhetoric. You are positive about a loss because you think the opposition is not as good as you perceived? So prior to the game, you either assumed the Skins were worse than you thought or that the Eagles were better than you thought. The Skins had 2 weeks to prepare for a home game against a division rival who destroyed them the last time they met at FedEx. The Eagles were battling through a tough losing streak and the Skins were in first place in the NFCE. Maybe, just maybe the Eagles are simply bad right now and that the Skins are not even as good. I don't see anything positive here.

by the way beck sucks. just as bad as grossman. don't care about his fake meaningless drive when we were playing cover 4 playing 30 yards off the WR's and we suck. Beck was under throwing WR's and misreading defenses all over the field. The redskins season is over top 10 draft pick will fight with eagles for last place.

by the way beck sucks. just as bad as grossman. don't care about his fake meaningless drive when we were playing cover 4 playing 30 yards off the WR's and we suck. Beck was under throwing WR's and misreading defenses all over the field. The redskins season is over top 10 draft pick will fight with eagles for last place.

He also came in cold without any 1st team reps. If he throws like that next week then its a different story. And the skins season is far from over at 2nd place and 3-2. This is the team that many (around here especially) thought wouldn't win more than 3 games all year.

You know how many skins fans were on a ledge yesterday? Some skins fan at my work said they are going to go 3-13 now. ****s funny.

You know there is a conspiracy theory going around redskins park that the eagles were purposely hitting low on the oline?

Rich_Campbell

Shanahan said the coaches' film didn't show the hit that sidelined Lichtensteiger. The mystery continues. #Redskins

A bunch of innuendos about it today at redskins park from the media and shanny.

Shanny lit up when a reporter said he [reporter] had game film of the hit.

I doubt any of it because the redskins will play the eagles again and shanny looks like the type of guy that will get landry to take a 50,000 dollar fine to knock vick out.

EDIT:

New evidence or a least more to back up the story. After the hit to kory bunch of redskins started fighting with eagle players tot he point where Trent got a personal foul penalty

more about the hit...

From Trent Williams:

"He [Tapp] kind of just grabbed him and threw him down," said Williams about the play. "The ref looked right at him and he failed to make the call.

"It was a dirty play to begin with. [it was] 30 yards away from the play."

Williams reacted to the play and drew a personal foul that got the Eagles out of the shadow of their own goal posts. "I've got to do a better job of controlling my emotions," said Williams.

From Jamal Brown:

"I'd seen the end of it, seen him going down, and I'd seen Trent furious, so I figured something had happened," said right tackle Jammal Brown. "I went over there and that's how the altercation happened. We thought there was a cheap shot. I haven't seen it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the week goes by should see more of this

If shanny told Landry to take out vick, and get a 50,000$ fine, That is classless. Were there cheap shots? I dont doubt it. It happens in every game. I dont like to see a player go out because of one, but No one saw the play so who knows.

There were a few non calls in the game. The pass to celek in the first qtr, Flether was holding him, Dhall getting beat by Maclin and then pushing him after they were already out of bounds.

I dont want any players to get injured. but if you would actually cheer and tell a player to take out a player then you are scum.

But do it, its the last game of the season. If landry did do this and his hit was bad enough and clearly on purpose, and the skins are in the play offs it would be a huge blow to get suspended.

NFL doesnt play with **** like that anymore. Just for you saying that makes me lose respect for you. Classless.

20-13 loss against the so called best team and the fact that we came back and stopped the eagles in the second half actually makes me fell very optimistic.

You are totally clueless. The fact that you guys have to choose between Beck and Grossman is laughable. You are probably the most overrated team in the league with a 3-2 record. I live in MD and trust me, you should not be optimistic. Your coaching staff continues to make mistakes and you are still 2/3 years away from being competitive.Assuming you get a QB. You are the bottom feeders of the East and will stay there.

The coaching egos are so bad that instead of getting a real QB they thought they could win with GROSSman and BECK!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

Laughable. You are also now out of the Luck sweepstakes which is even better.

Take a look at your wins - beat a Giants team in Landover that was completely beat up. Good win but you were suppose to win that game.

BARELY beat the Cardinals, and if AZ wasn't so bad you would have lost. Terrible coaching decisions made in that game for them.

You BARELY beat St. Louis. Up 17-0 and you continued to throw the ball (again Shanahan ego got in the way) and almost blew that game.

So take your optimism and walk because you will be at the bottom once again.

You are totally clueless. The fact that you guys have to choose between Beck and Grossman is laughable. You are probably the most overrated team in the league with a 3-2 record. I live in MD and trust me, you should not be optimistic. Your coaching staff continues to make mistakes and you are still 2/3 years away from being competitive.Assuming you get a QB. You are the bottom feeders of the East and will stay there.

The coaching egos are so bad that instead of getting a real QB they thought they could win with GROSSman and BECK!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

Laughable. You are also now out of the Luck sweepstakes which is even better.

Take a look at your wins - beat a Giants team in Landover that was completely beat up. Good win but you were suppose to win that game.

BARELY beat the Cardinals, and if AZ wasn't so bad you would have lost. Terrible coaching decisions made in that game for them.

You BARELY beat St. Louis. Up 17-0 and you continued to throw the ball (again Shanahan ego got in the way) and almost blew that game.

So take your optimism and walk because you will be at the bottom once again.

Actually if you look at the offensive stats we are doing fairly well, just our problem is actually putting points on the board (as always). Our redzone offense always sucks for some reason and we always settle for field goals which usually costs us the tight games we are always in. People forget this is still a rebuilding team, and the skins were expected to draft a QB in the first round next year even if Beck or Grossman won 10 games.

Actually if you look at the offensive stats we are doing fairly well, just our problem is actually putting points on the board (as always). Our redzone offense always sucks for some reason and we always settle for field goals which usually costs us the tight games we are always in. People forget this is still a rebuilding team, and the skins were expected to draft a QB in the first round next year even if Beck or Grossman won 10 games.

You continue to be the only skins fan on this board with any common sense

You continue to be the only skins fan on this board with any common sense

oddly, in the eagles messageboard, common sense is not a commodity. Funny that you would bring it up.

In other News, the beck explosion has started. Let the fun begin....

I try to talk trash even when there is nothing to support my claims, but this will be the hardest by far.

Beck... Jason Campbell 2.0

Like Vick about the refs?

except the redskins do this every time they lose against the Eagles. Not to mention the Redskins have a reputation for being one of the dirtiest teams in the league. You have LaRon Landry and DeAngelo Hall on your team and there were rumors of bounties being placed on getting Vick injured. Not to mention the Redskins offensive line is coached by Mike Shanahan. This can't be serious...

good stuff RF101 as usual. Defense is already rebuilt. Gotta find a replacement for Fletcher though and a real NT. I don't know what the stats are but you can really pound the Redskins between the tackles Cofield is a 5 technique not a nose. The offense needs a complete overhaul because the Redskins don't have any explosive players IMHO. I also believe in getting the QB you want last because you want him coming into a situation where he can succeed i.e Aaron Rodgers. Redskins need 3 WR's, and a QB and they can be an elite team.