gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Skins had the rest of the game to get revenge for any 'cheap shot' and couldn't man up. Is the talent gap between Philly and WAS that great that the Skins need 11 weeks to figure out a way to avenge an injury?

Priority fail. :roll:

good stuff RF101 as usual. Defense is already rebuilt. Gotta find a replacement for Fletcher though and a real NT. I don't know what the stats are but you can really pound the Redskins between the tackles Cofield is a 5 technique not a nose. The offense needs a complete overhaul because the Redskins don't have any explosive players IMHO. I also believe in getting the QB you want last because you want him coming into a situation where he can succeed i.e Aaron Rodgers. Redskins need 3 WR's, and a QB and they can be an elite team.

The skins dont want a big run stuffing nose. They want a lighter quick penetrating nose like Jay Ratliff, and Cofield was signed to fit that bill. Hes about 315 lbs. The skins biggest weak link on defense is McIntosh. He routinely over pursues against the run and its usually his gap RBs are hitting for the big gains.

The skins need to get their young offensive players more snaps to try to generate some big plays. Helu, Hankerson, Austin, and Paul need to get more involved in this offense. Guys like Gaffney are decent possession receivers but offer zero big play ability.

The skins dont want a big run stuffing nose. They want a lighter quick penetrating nose like Jay Ratliff, and Cofield was signed to fit that bill. Hes about 315 lbs. The skins biggest weak link on defense is McIntosh. He routinely over pursues against the run and its usually his gap RBs are hitting for the big gains.

The skins need to get their young offensive players more snaps to try to generate some big plays. Helu, Hankerson, Austin, and Paul need to get more involved in this offense. Guys like Gaffney are decent possession receivers but offer zero big play ability.

okay so you guys play a 1 gap 3-4 like Wade Phillips.

okay so you guys play a 1 gap 3-4 like Wade Phillips.

i had heard talk that Haslet wanted a Pittsburgh type 3-4, which to me would mean a big ol NT, but Cofield is playing pretty well either way.

I'd like Dallas to bet a big fat arse to play NT, so they can move Ratliff to DE where he belongs

Actually if you look at the offensive stats we are doing fairly well, just our problem is actually putting points on the board (as always). Our redzone offense always sucks for some reason and we always settle for field goals which usually costs us the tight games we are always in. People forget this is still a rebuilding team, and the skins were expected to draft a QB in the first round next year even if Beck or Grossman won 10 games.

Here is the funny part: I think you guys do well enough this year to screw yourselves out of a top QB pick.

That is my guess.

Here is the funny part: I think you guys do well enough this year to screw yourselves out of a top QB pick.

That is my guess.

This draft could have a couple good QB prospects even if we don't have a shot at Andrew Luck.

This draft could have a couple good QB prospects even if we don't have a shot at Andrew Luck.

I took a look at the supposedly QB rich draft. My guess is there are three good ones out of the 8-10 touted.

Maybe. Otherwise you are talking about another Jason Cambell.

The wheels are coming off. This team doesn't have enough NFL caliber talent. Shanahan will be fired at the end of next season.

He won't get fired. The only person who thinks the skins have enough talent on their team to compete was Vinny Cerrato. Ignoring the QB position in the draft and FA is what is holding this team back from truly advancing at this point. THAT is where Snyder can say "Uhhh guys, WTF?!?!?!" If they put in a plan to address the QB position this offseason, then Shanny has another two years EASY.

Assuming the skins draft a QB high next year, there is no way Shanahan is fired at the end of 2012. Thats like starting all over again.

I agree. He was a little arrogant this offseason refusing to address the QB position but this team is much better than they were before he got there. They're definitely on their way up. I wouldn't rock the boat at this point.

Get a QB and some better skill players and with that D they will be a good team in the coming years.

redskins suck

I concur DC

The Redskins suck harder than a $20 ****

Rex Grossman is a ****ot who couldnt start a piss up in a brewery nevermind a game winning drive

Redskins = cellar dwellers

I agree. He was a little arrogant this offseason refusing to address the QB position but this team is much better than they were before he got there. They're definitely on their way up. I wouldn't rock the boat at this point.

Get a QB and some better skill players and with that D they will be a good team in the coming years.

I don't fault them for not taking a QB if they didn't think any were franchise QBs. We had no shot at Newton and Locker. Gabbert, Ponder, and Dalton haven't looked like anything special so far.

I concur DC

The Redskins suck harder than a $20 ****

Rex Grossman is a ****ot who couldnt start a piss up in a brewery nevermind a game winning drive

Redskins = cellar dwellers

Didnt the giants lose to the redskins?

I don't fault them for not taking a QB if they didn't think any were franchise QBs. We had no shot at Newton and Locker. Gabbert, Ponder, and Dalton haven't looked like anything special so far.

Didnt the giants lose to the redskins?

Didnt the Redskins win thier 1st home game against the Giants in 4 years and are they not currently below the 1st placed Giants...thought so.

Didnt the Redskins win thier 1st home game against the Giants in 4 years and are they not currently below the 1st placed Giants...thought so.

the gunts still lost THIS season to the idiot skins tho

the gunts still lost THIS season to the idiot skins tho

Aye they did that.

However, come December, expect that Giants D to bring the pain on that awfull skins offense.

Aye they did that.

However, come December, expect that Giants D to bring the pain on that awfull skins offense.

Skins will probably sweep the giants this year. They are soft.

Andy Dalton 7tds 5ints 1311 yards 84.3 rtg

Rex Grossman 6tds 9ints 1132 yards 66.5 rtg...

One vet, one rookie.

Injuries mounting for the skins. Skins are no Green Bay, they can not plug in the holes and keep rollin.

Skins D, that folks here were thumping their chest over, haven't played too well in back to back weeks. They've given up an average of 185 yards rushing per game the last two weeks.