gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

A champiOnship offense who did what Andy's teams always do - put it in neutral and allow the other team to get back in the game. So please don't make it out like our offense has anything approaching what is needed to win a championship, as long as Andy is calling the shots.

Yessir.

Cooley and Hightower to IR. Cooley may have played his last down for the skins with Fred Davis stepping up.

This hit might have had something to do with it too :whistle:

TO to the Skins seems like a no-brainer. The guy is a physical freak and even at the age of 38 I'll bet he still has something left. Wasn't Shannahan interested in him when he left the Eagles? I seem to remember the Broncos being one of the front runners to land him.

49ers CB Carlos Rogers has given his agent the go-ahead to start negotiations on a long-term contract.

"I want to be here," said Rogers. "This has been great for me, and I would love to get something worked out for five, six years." The 49ers should be interested as well. Through seven weeks, Rogers grades out as Pro Football Focus' second-rated cornerback behind only Darrelle Revis.

We've lost our starting RB, WR, LT, and LG on offense. I dont see any way this team puts up more than 17 points a game from here on out unless one of the young players steps up.

So long as we're clear, they were garbage before their injuries and every team has injuries. They are trash at full strength and also have poor depth.

The Eagles actually played good teams in the 49ers, Falcons, and Bills. Even in our losses you can see how explosive our offense is and that's why the Eagles had the lead going into the 4th Quarter in every game besides the Bills game. This is a Championship offense, the defense.....not so much.

Those teams are frauds. Decent, but not great.

The Eagles offense will continue to be explosive...that isn't their problem. They have potential but that Skins game was an example of an underperforming team hanging on for a cheap win against utter trash, not win that demonstrated they've officially turned it around.

The only thing I'll say is sometimes an ugly win gets you rolling, but they aren't rolling yet.

Cooley and Hightower to IR. Cooley may have played his last down for the skins with Fred Davis stepping up.

Davis is a player. I think Cooley officially being out of the lineup will end up being a net positive for them in this case.

Rogers never ever played that well here and im pretty sure its a fluke so far. Wait until he signs a big money deal then he will crash back down to earth. He burned his bridges here, and honestly he is complete a-hole. No one ever liked him here and skins fans are glad to see him gone.

And to think we could have had DeMarcus Ware instead of Rogers. Thanks Vinny.

Rogers never ever played that well here and im pretty sure its a fluke so far. Wait until he signs a big money deal then he will crash back down to earth. He burned his bridges here, and honestly he is complete a-hole. No one ever liked him here and skins fans are glad to see him gone.

Yes he played well in DC. He just dropped everything that hit him in the hands - EVERYTHING!!!!! That is why he was run out of town. It wasn't for coverage problems, it was seeing him fail game after game after game at pulling in those INTs.

Yes he played well in DC. He just dropped everything that hit him in the hands - EVERYTHING!!!!! That is why he was run out of town. It wasn't for coverage problems, it was seeing him fail game after game after game at pulling in those INTs.

He wasn't a shutdown corner in coverage either but he usually was solid. He has a huge ego and at the beginning of free agency this year i think he proclaimed himself the 2nd best cornerback available. Thats why it took him so long to sign and he only got a 1 year deal :roll:

Just like the Redskins fans posting in this thread.

He wasn't a shutdown corner in coverage either but he usually was solid. He has a huge ego and at the beginning of free agency this year i think he proclaimed himself the 2nd best cornerback available. Thats why it took him so long to sign and he only got a 1 year deal :roll:

Given where you drafted him... borderline bust. Kind of a guy you'd be happy with as a mid rounder.

Oh, other thing to consider were the rule changes.. Right around the time he was drafted they started getting stingy about illegal contact. Tough on the larger corners.

Biggest disaster for your team was losing Sean Taylor. IMHO he would be a top 2-3 safties and a good compliment to Landry type player. Unfortunately too many coaching changes and he started to get sloppy trying to play headhunter. Rogers, Oakrapo, Kerrigan, Taylor... that would have been a hell of a defense.

So I was showing a dude I work with Cooleys wife today and I saw a link that said the reason Cooley wants to fight Romo is because supposedly 2 years ago Romo Fed Cooleys wife lol.

I argued this with you 2 years ago, they should have gotten rid of him to help build the franchise after Davis had such a great rookie season. Once again, Forskins miss the boat.

http://www.csnwashington.com/sportsnetWashington/search/v/47636145/cooley-on-the-redskins-the-only-team-i-ll-care-about-for-the-rest-of-my-life-10-27.htm?

this is the perfect example of why its so important to copy the steelers blueprint of just drafting players, giving them a chance to shine, and completely forgetting about free agency (well not putting a HUGE emphasis on it) .

Seriously, no wonder the steelers have 6 trophies because they have 10 or more players just like Cooley that would do anything for their team.

great thing about players like cooley, they don't care if someone out plays them like Davis, he's willing to be 2nd string and be the backup just to stay with the redskins.

Hate the fact that Snyder has completely ruined a great team like the skins..

http://www.csnwashington.com/sportsnetWashington/search/v/47636145/cooley-on-the-redskins-the-only-team-i-ll-care-about-for-the-rest-of-my-life-10-27.htm?

this is the perfect example of why its so important to copy the steelers blueprint of just drafting players, giving them a chance to shine, and completely forgetting about free agency (well not putting a HUGE emphasis on it) .

Seriously, no wonder the steelers have 6 trophies because they have 10 or more players just like Cooley that would do anything for their team.

great thing about players like cooley, they don't care if someone out plays them like Davis, he's willing to be 2nd string and be the backup just to stay with the redskins.

Hate the fact that Snyder has completely ruined a great team like the skins..

I agree. The ravens do the same thing.

I didn't really like all of the people we brought in this past year. You can look anywhere on this forum, i didn't want babin at all.

Some times when there is a player that can really help your team you make the move ( I think if we had Mcdermott Nnamdi would look a lot better)

The ronnie brown, VY, Steve Smith that was dumb signings. People said we were like the skins for getting Nnamdi, Which is not the case, If you can grab a player who will really help your team then its not a bad signing. He has been arguably the best CB since he came to the NFL. Top 1-2 with him and Revis ( Revis is better now).

The problem with the skins has been giving huge contracts to players at the end of there career, (early Snyder) or Players like fat albert who wernt anywhere near as good as they looked.

Skins have had good draft picks when they have drafted. Landry very good SS, Rogers like him or hate him, he was a good CB. Campbell was a good QB just lacked confidence.

One of the best skins FA players is London Fletcher. He has been one of my favorite players since he came into the NFL with the rams..

The problem with these owners/coaches is the fact they get HUGE egos that cloud their vision. How many years did the steelers go without winning a superbowl after the dynasty in the 70s? like 25-30 years but they still stuck with their players/ coaches until they just couldn't play.

Even today the steelers are showing their age and even though everyone knows they have a horrible oline, the steelers front office doesn't invest heavily on Free agents they rather draft and give every player they have a shot.

Watch them be mediocre for the next 15-20 years then have another round of superbowl wins.

The problem with these owners/coaches is the fact they get HUGE egos that cloud their vision. How many years did the steelers go without winning a superbowl after the dynasty in the 70s? like 25-30 years but they still stuck with their players/ coaches until they just couldn't play.

Even today the steelers are showing their age and even though everyone knows they have a horrible oline, the steelers front office doesn't invest heavily on Free agents they rather draft and give every player they have a shot.

Watch them be mediocre for the next 15-20 years then have another round of superbowl wins.

Yup. I am not huge on FA's signings I think you should build through the draft, But when you can grab players like Brees (who some thought was done, Fletcher, Nnamdi.

Pitts problem is they havnet really upgraded there defense at all. Woodley and Ziggy Hood... There cbs are bad, And they dont really have younger guys.

Ravens and Steelers teams were pretty much Identical. Good safetys, LB's DL. Now Ravens have some good corners, Will be tough when Lewis and reed go tho.

The Bills are no where near as good as their record. Their defense is terrible and their offense is nothing special.

Reminds me of the Redskins.

I see where this was heading.