gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I have seen a few things floating out their about P. Manning and the skins... IMO this would be extremely stupid for them. 1. he will want $$, 2. He gets injured it could cost him his career, thus setting them back years.

So go for it.

Wouldn't surpise me in the least if the Skins went all in for Manning. Why not?

Not like they've done anything special with their picks as it is. As of late they've been doing well with their draft picks but if Manning can be good for you for the next 2 years (being that Indy will ask for two 1st round picks) then the Skins may be able to pick up a 2nd round rookie QB and have him be groomed in that time frame.

But the skins may be a bit gun shy from their last trade for a QB. Then again, this isn't just any ordinary QB. (yes that was a jab at McNabb)

This is one pathetic offense that will stay pathetic for the rest of the year unless:

QB play improves

o-line play improves

someone emerges at receiver to make some plays

Oh and we need to stop averaging 3 turnovers a game.

And as for the Peyton Manning thing, that would be a terrible trade. I have doubts Manning ever plays again and if he does he will never be the same player. And even if the skins get him he doesn't have Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne out there catching passes.

Legit question my room mate and I were talking about today while flipping in between games: Does Shannahan finish the season as the Skins coach?

Legit question my room mate and I were talking about today while flipping in between games: Does Shannahan finish the season as the Skins coach?

Yes.

But Beck SHOULDN'T stay QB. Atleast they were scoring points with grossman.

Absolutely. He has 4 years on his contract (including this season). And if you fire Mike you also have to fire Kyle. That will only hurt the team more and if this does happen it will be a tremendous F up by Snyder. You have to stick with your coach through thick and thin.

Absolutely. He has 4 years on his contract (including this season). And if you fire Mike you also have to fire Kyle. That will only hurt the team more and if this does happen it will be a tremendous F up by Snyder. You have to stick with your coach through thick and thin.

I don't think length of contract means anything to Snyder (see Haynesworth).

The problem with kyle is he is trying to do what he did in Houston. Problems are, No Andre Johnson, and No real running game. Or QB, But that is on the Shanahans for going into the season with Grossman and Beck, If they still believe that Beck was the best QB in that draft then WOW.

Aj was so convinced about Beck after he ran for a TD against us. :lol:

haha

But i'll admit that during that game, i surely thought Beck would be the man for them.

But the Redskins needs WRs. They had very bad luck when they picked Macolm Kelly and Devin Thomas in 2008

They need a legit WR. Wouldn't surprise me if that is their pick next year

The problem with kyle is he is trying to do what he did in Houston. Problems are, No Andre Johnson, and No real running game. Or QB, But that is on the Shanahans for going into the season with Grossman and Beck, If they still believe that Beck was the best QB in that draft then WOW.

Who knows if things would have turned out differently with Beck if Shanahan had gotten him in 07 as a rookie, he could have had a better development. And honestly who is a better QB than Beck from the 2007 draft? Kevin Kolb? Kolb is average at best.

Who knows if things would have turned out differently with Beck if Shanahan had gotten him in 07 as a rookie, he could have had a better development. And honestly who is a better QB than Beck from the 2007 draft? Kevin Kolb? Kolb is average at best.

Kolb has won games he has started, Beck has not. Kolb has looked better than Beck has. And if Kolb is average, then that clearly means Beck is a very below average QB.

Kolb has won games he has started, Beck has not. Kolb has looked better than Beck has. And if Kolb is average, then that clearly means Beck is a very below average QB.

Beck has never had the talent around him that Kolb had. He had Jackson and Maclin with the Eagles, he has Fitzgerald with the Cardinals. Put Kolb into Beck's situation on the 1-15 Dolphins and see how he does as a rookie.

There's no question Kolb is significantly better player than Beck ever was or ever could be and that's not a compliment to Kolb.

That was one bad QB class.

Who has Shanny developed at QB recently? He was given Elway and got a couple decent years out of Plummer after they paid him big money in FA.

Who has Shanny developed at QB recently? He was given Elway and got a couple decent years out of Plummer after they paid him big money in FA.

Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler

I think Cutler is a great example of what happens when a phenomenal natural talent isn't developed properly.

Even if I give you that one, it brings his total to roughly 1 QB developed in 27 years.

My brother, you have to stop smoking the crack.

It's over - Beck su ck s.

It's ok - let it go.....

There's no question Kolb is significantly better player than Beck ever was or ever could be and that's not a compliment to Kolb.

That was one bad QB class.

Exactly, I am sure Kolb doesn't want caparisons drawn to Beck.

Beck is easily one of the worst QB's EVER to put on a Redskins uniform as a starter.

Beck has never had the talent around him that Kolb had. He had Jackson and Maclin with the Eagles, he has Fitzgerald with the Cardinals. Put Kolb into Beck's situation on the 1-15 Dolphins and see how he does as a rookie.

Even your own main man Doc Walker has thrown in the towel on Beck. Foreget about it - It's over.

Even your own main man Doc Walker has thrown in the towel on Beck. Foreget about it - It's over.

If Doc Walker has thrown in the towel on a skins player, then you know it's bad. Did Doc Walker throw in the phrase - "hasn't broken a grape in the NFL"? Walker is such a freakin dopey homer it's not even funny.

You guys are misunderstanding me, im not saying Beck is a good player. I just said that he is arguably the best QB to come out of the 07 draft (which shows you how terrible it was)

And then i also said that MAYBE if Beck had been drafted into a better situation who knows how he would have developed.