gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Drafting that high and you didn't get a QB, what a bonehead mistake, so far all the young QB drafted this year has played well...this is why the Redskins will remain in the bottom of the division....

Drafting that high and you didn't get a QB, what a bonehead mistake, so far all the young QB drafted this year has played well...this is why the Redskins will remain in the bottom of the division....

They will never be good. They can get a qb or whatever they want, that team will just never win.

They will never be good. They can get a qb or whatever they want, that team will just never win.

It's pretty clear that it is a QB driven league, unless the start align to give you an amazing defensive run at the right time. Given that, the skins have done all they can to avoid meaningfully addressing the QB position. Grossman,Beck, McNabb, CAmpbell, Brunell, RAmsey, Mathews, Wuerffel, etc...

And that is just in the last 10 years. QB is an afterthought, when it needs to be the #1 priority.

Lets just all hope Dan Snyder has a long healthy life. :groovy:

Lets just all hope Dan Snyder has a long healthy life. :groovy:

Let's not forget "financially stable" as well. I'd hate for him to get into money difficulties which force him to sell the team!!

Newton and Locker went before our pick. The rumors around extremeskins were that the skins traded down in the 1st looking to get Ponder but he went before anyone projected to the vikings. Andy Dalton looks good but im not sold on any of these rookie QBs yet except maybe Newton.

Gabbert has been by far the worst of the rookie QBs. I dont fault them for not seeing a QB they liked and building up other areas of the team. I remember they tried hard to trade up for Bradford 2 years ago. If the Rams end up with a high pick and a new coaching staff comes in Bradford could be on the trade block if the new coach wants his guy.

So the skins could end up with Bradford next year or a top college QB.

Newton and Locker went before our pick. The rumors around extremeskins were that the skins traded down in the 1st looking to get Ponder but he went before anyone projected to the vikings. Andy Dalton looks good but im not sold on any of these rookie QBs yet except maybe Newton.

Gabbert has been by far the worst of the rookie QBs. I dont fault them for not seeing a QB they liked and building up other areas of the team. I remember they tried hard to trade up for Bradford 2 years ago. If the Rams end up with a high pick and a new coaching staff comes in Bradford could be on the trade block if the new coach wants his guy.

I would not be shocked to see Bradford going to the skins. Looks like Miami has some fight in it, which will push them out of the race for #1 pick. But I don't see how anyone ends up worse than Indy. Given the fact the skins were willing to go with McNabb at QB having Manning being traded to DC is not that unrealistic. Shanny doesn't plan on being there for 5 more years. He'll gladly stay 2-3 to coincide with Manning at QB.

You guys are misunderstanding me, im not saying Beck is a good player. I just said that he is arguably the best QB to come out of the 07 draft (which shows you how terrible it was)

And then i also said that MAYBE if Beck had been drafted into a better situation who knows how he would have developed.

Its not arguable. Kolb is a much better player now, and has more potential.

ahhhhhh nothing cures my blues than to see the eagles lose.

With yet another horrible season the redskin fans have to stomach. Its always nice to see that the eagles are always good for a pick me up

With yet another horrible season the redskin fans have to stomach. Its always nice to see that the eagles are always good for a pick me up

The feeling is mutual. Fortunately, the skins are a gift that keeps on giving, decade after decade.

I'd like to see what argument you would use.

He hasn't even won a game yet. In 5 years.

:lol: Exactly. There's no argument...he's terrible.

Gabbert also has the worst supporting cast of the other QB's IMO.

Gabbert would have been a good fit in Washington but I think Shanny thought he could make Beck or Grossman turn out to be the next Kurt Warner. If he keeps his job after this season they will draft a QB. They most likley wont be in postion for Luck, but there will be Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, and Kellen Moore. Hell even Robert Griffen 3rd has been getting ALOT of hype this season so far. Griffen would be a 3rd most likley though

I would not be shocked to see Bradford going to the skins. Looks like Miami has some fight in it, which will push them out of the race for #1 pick. But I don't see how anyone ends up worse than Indy. Given the fact the skins were willing to go with McNabb at QB having Manning being traded to DC is not that unrealistic. Shanny doesn't plan on being there for 5 more years. He'll gladly stay 2-3 to coincide with Manning at QB.

Ive heard a few times recently about Manning being traded if they do draft Luck.

It would be weird to see Peyton Manning in a uniform that isnt the colts.

Ive heard a few times recently about Manning being traded if they do draft Luck.

It would be weird to see Peyton Manning in a uniform that isnt the colts.

Yeah, it was weird seeing Montana in KC uniform as well. But it happened.

I dont want Manning on the skins at all, if we are going to trade for a QB id want Bradford.

Yup. Pointless to spend on an injured QB, get a legit young guy.

The fact you only show face when the skins wins is comical.

Eagles are atleast in every game they have lost, unlike the skins.

I'm remember when the skins were 3-0 and everyone thought they would win the NFC East, then they lost five straight.

4 straight.

Why don't you go for Andrew Luck?

We have won too many games to get luck. We would have to lose out the rest of the year and even then 3 wins might be too many for the likes of the colts.

It figures that as soon as we have a young breakout player on offense he instantly gets hurt. Looks like Hankerson has a sprained ankle at the very least. Hopefully we don't lose him for the year.

I didnt see this posted in this thread.

link

Ten players are facing fines from the league for violating the substance abuse policy by testing positive for recreational drugs, according to two player representatives and another source familiar with the situation. An 11th player, who had previously violated the league’s policy, is subject to both a fine and suspension.

Apparently Fred Davis and Trent Williams are among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

:smoke:

I didnt see this posted in this thread.

link

Apparently Fred Davis and Trent Williams are among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

:smoke:

More salt in the wound and also, Kedric Golston tore his MCL and partially tore his ACL. Done for the year. That takes away all of our defensive line depth with Jenkins already on IR.

Offensive players who have missed at least 1 game due to injury:

RB Tim Hightower

FB Mike Sellers

WR Santana Moss

WR Leonard Hankerson

WR Anthony Armstrong

WR Niles Paul

TE Chris Cooley

T Trent Williams

T Jammal Brown

G Kory Lichtensteiger

Did i forget anyone? No wonder we can't score any points.