gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I feel sorry for people who have to watch that game.

Its ok, not a snore fest. Skins scored 10 unanswered to tie it up before halftime. Royster averaging a little over 5 yards a carry so far.

Its ok, not a snore fest. Skins scored 10 unanswered to tie it up before halftime. Royster averaging a little over 5 yards a carry so far.

The skins should be up by 20

Again the refs make a huge game-changing questionable call. The refs called a very weak hold on the skins to negate the TD that would have tied the game at 30.

So. Matt Flynn skins QB in 2012?

Only scenario that I see that does NOT have Grossman as the starting QB in Week #1 for the skins next year.

Only scenario that I see that does NOT have Grossman as the starting QB in Week #1 for the skins next year.

Peyton Manning and Sam Bradford are the other two.

I hope they get manning. So the franchise is set back even longer

I dont mind signing Manning as a free agent as long as he is healthy. Shanahan would probably still draft a QB for the future.

A tweet came out a few hours ago about the Redskins brass having dinner with Raheem Morris. They could add him to their staff this off-season but in a currently unknown capacity.

I'm thinking defensive backs coach.

They didnt like any QBs that were available enough to select them at 10. My favorite QB in the draft was Locker and he went before the skins pick.

You know...if the Skins knew how to draft players and there was someone they really wanted they could move up to get him. I know for years they treated the draft like it ment nothing and last year still did the same thing by not getting a QB. If they like someone...go get him. If they like RGIII enough...move up a few spots. That looks better than blowing your draft picks like they did in the past on worthless washed up veterns.

I dont mind signing Manning as a free agent as long as he is healthy. Shanahan would probably still draft a QB for the future.

Shanny needs to upgrade at QB this year. His job depends on it. No chance in hell you can bring Grossman back for a 3rd year especially now that he's a FA. Let him go. He has no business starting for anyone but that's Shanny problem. He has never been good as devloping quaterbacks. When he finally did with Cutler, he was fired. Even if you draft a rookie there is no way any Skins fan should be open to Grossman returning. Now maybe sign someone like Matt Hasselbeck (if they go with Locker) or Kyle Orton and draft a rookie.

Options for the Skins:

Rookie

Peyton Manning

Matt Flynn

Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Matt Moore, Mark Sanchez - if one of them gets Peyton Manning

Kyle Orton

Jason Campbell :whistle:

T.J. Yates

Matt Hasselbeck

Chad Henne

Vince Young

Dennis Dixon

Chase Daniel

Shanny needs to upgrade at QB this year. His job depends on it. No chance in hell you can bring Grossman back for a 3rd year especially now that he's a FA. Let him go. He has no business starting for anyone but that's Shanny problem. He has never been good as devloping quaterbacks. When he finally did with Cutler, he was fired. Even if you draft a rookie there is no way any Skins fan should be open to Grossman returning. Now maybe sign someone like Matt Hasselbeck (if they go with Locker) or Kyle Orton and draft a rookie.

Options for the Skins:

Grossman was a FA last offseason and they brought him back for this season. Face it, Grossman WILL be on the skins next year, because they sure as heck are not putting the ball in Beck's hands again. The only question is if they get another vet to compete with him for the starting job(grossman sure to lose), or if they get a rookie who will wait behind Grossman for X number of weeks.

A tweet came out a few hours ago about the Redskins brass having dinner with Raheem Morris. They could add him to their staff this off-season but in a currently unknown capacity.

I'm thinking defensive backs coach.

I just heard that Kyle and Raheem are old buddies. Radio said they got arrested together many years ago(allegedly). So it's not surprising that Kyle would want him on the staff. Funny have Kyle is dictating the defensive coaches. No, no problem with that. :rolleyes:

I just heard that Kyle and Raheem are old buddies. Radio said they got arrested together many years ago(allegedly). So it's not surprising that Kyle would want him on the staff. Funny have Kyle is dictating the defensive coaches. No, no problem with that. :rolleyes:

Just because he is Kyle's friend doesnt mean Kyle is calling the shots or that Morris doesn't deserve the job based on his own merits.

Grossman was a FA last offseason and they brought him back for this season. Face it, Grossman WILL be on the skins next year, because they sure as heck are not putting the ball in Beck's hands again. The only question is if they get another vet to compete with him for the starting job(grossman sure to lose), or if they get a rookie who will wait behind Grossman for X number of weeks.

Why would either return? Both Grossman and Beck are free agents so it makes zero sense to re-sign two awful quaterbacks who got your team to 5 wins. Grossman had two years in DC and did nothing. They would be better off bringing in someone like Kyle Orton or making a trade for Matt Flynn. Their best option though is drafting a QB. They badly need a long term solution at QB, something they haven't had since Joe Theisman. This is a team desperate for some sort of identity at QB and remember, Shanny's job could be on the line.

Also...here is an idea. Jason Campbell. He's a FA and the Skins unfairly got rid of him just as he was improving. Shanny decided McNabb was the better option. Campbell went 12-7 w/ Oakland and had 22 total td and 12int. Not bad and far better than anything the Skins got from their quaterbacks PLUS Campbell has more wins in Oakland than the Skins did as a team the past two years :whistle:

Why would either return? Both Grossman and Beck are free agents so it makes zero sense to re-sign two awful quaterbacks who got your team to 5 wins. Grossman had two years in DC and did nothing. They would be better off bringing in someone like Kyle Orton or making a trade for Matt Flynn. Their best option though is drafting a QB. They badly need a long term solution at QB, something they haven't had since Joe Theisman. This is a team desperate for some sort of identity at QB and remember, Shanny's job could be on the line.

Also...here is an idea. Jason Campbell. He's a FA and the Skins unfairly got rid of him just as he was improving. Shanny decided McNabb was the better option. Campbell went 12-7 w/ Oakland and had 22 total td and 12int. Not bad and far better than anything the Skins got from their quaterbacks PLUS Campbell has more wins in Oakland than the Skins did as a team the past two years :whistle:

You are correct, they will not be bringing both back. They will not be bringing Beck back. But they will be bringing GRossman back, I don't see any other way around it. Grossman "knows" the system. Grossman already resigned this year knowing he had a 50/50 shot at being the starter.

Jason Campbell is NOT coming back. They already booted Campbell once, he is not coming back.

The sad truth for the Skins is that the QB situation should be Grossman as the vet presence, and a rookie QB.

Fletcher made second team All-Pro.

Any chance you could let us have Fletcher finish his career with Philly? I would appreciate it very much.

Beck is under contract for next year, Grossman isn't. Chances are they will re-sign Grossman, cut Beck, and add a new QB somewhere.

Any chance you could let us have Fletcher finish his career with Philly? I would appreciate it very much.

You guys had your chance to sign him in 07 when the skins took him.

Beck is under contract for next year, Grossman isn't. Chances are they will re-sign Grossman, cut Beck, and add a new QB somewhere.

You guys had your chance to sign him in 07 when the skins took him.

Our man in charge, Andy, pretty much has contempt for the position.

Andi agreewith you. Grossman and mystery QB going into next year.