Sign in to follow this  
gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I love Nepoleon, Greg Blatch went in to that little ishes office and went ballistic about not signing Haynesworth but they did it anyway. Wait till Shanny has total control for a year or two.......

nuclear-bomb-badger350.jpg

And the hits just keep coming :lol:

I'd like him in green, but I know his attitude will be terrible. Maybe he'll go to Detroit :lol:

Because Detroit has a bunch of low character guys? :huh:

another thing to think about is if the Redskins go after Haynesworth's money, the NFLPA will be force to take Al's side...

this could very well hurt their case in th CBA.

London Fletcher, i love this guy!

London Fletcher: Albert Haynesworth is 'selfish'

With rain falling fast, the Redskins left the field after less than 30 minutes of practice on Wednesday. Following the abbreviated practice, several players addressed Albert Haynesworth's absence, and perhaps none was as outspoken as linebacker London Fletcher, who called Haynesworth "selfish" and said the highly-compensated defensive tackle "can't be depended upon."

Fletcher is the unquestioned leader of the unit, and when he speaks, it's usually worth listening to. He didn't hold anything back when discussing Haynesworth and the defensive tackle's decision to skip the mandatory minicamp.

"I agree with the assessment that Albert has made a very selfish decision. When you play a team sport, you have to look at it and think about everybody involved in the situation. This is not golf, tennis, things like that where it's an all-about-you sport. What he's decided to do is make a decision based all about him. It's no different than his attitude and his approach to last year's defense, about wanting everything to revolve around him and him making plays. And if it didn't benefit him, he wasn't really willing to do it."

Asked if the locker room could embrace Haynesworth should he return, Fletcher said:

"Obviously, he's under contract with the Washington Redskins. From a business standpoint, I don't see them giving him $32 million and trading him or giving him away. He has the option to give the money back if he really doesn't want to be here. He could always give the money back. But once he decided to take money from this organization, he's a Washington Redskin. I say, yeah, he can come back if he shows he's willing to buy into what we're doing, if he's going to be on- board with what we're trying to do. One man is not going to stop what we're trying to accomplish this year. One man is not going to stop what we're going to accomplish this year. We've got big goals set for us this year, high aspirations. Football is going to be played with him or without him. We're going to play some good football.

Obviously, we want him to be a part of it, but he has to stop being selfish."

Fletcher said he wasn't surprised by Haynesworth's decision, given his past actions and attitudes.

"He can say what he wants to say about him not wanting to be here, wanting to be traded, things like that. There's ways he can not be a Redskin. Give the money back; I'm sure they'd take it. We'll move on without him. I want teammates who I can depend on, who I can count on, who in the fourth quarter of a situation, I know is going to be there to make a play or to do his job that the defense calls -- whether it's responsibilities holding up a lineman or penetrating a gap... I need guys I can depend on. We need people we can depend on. At the end of the day, right now, he's shown that he can't be depended upon."

Update: Here's a few more of Fletcher's comments today.

Question: Is it going to be a distraction and stunt the team's progress?

Fletcher: "It's not going to stunt our progress. As I mentioned, we're gonna play good football this year. The guys that are on the football field with us, the 11 men that line up, we're gonna play good football. It's up to the coaching staff to determine who the best 11 guys are to put on that field to put us in position to win football games."

Question: If Haynewsorth showed up, what would you tell him?

Fletcher: "Nothing. I haven't spoken to him up to this point. I saw him down at the Super Bowl in Miami; we had a little brief conversation but nothing major. So I would just expect him to come in, work hard, work like everybody else. It's really not much that needs to be said. This conversation has taken place with the coaching staff with management back in February when Coach Shanahan was first brought aboard. He knew what we were gonna be doing from a defensive standpoint, There's a lot of guys that have played in certain systems throughout their careers, whether it be a 4-3 defense, things like that. So it's a lot of guys making adjustments to a new change, 4-3 defense. A lot of guys put in that situation. Yeah, maybe they may not be ideally suited for it but they're making an effort to do that because they understand the big picture. They understand it's not about an individual, it's about a team. And we're trying to have a true team model here. Last year we had a lot of selfishness that took place and you got 4-12 out of that. This year, we can't have that."

Question: How early last year did you see signs that Albert wasn't happy, etc.?

Fletcher: "I think when he came in, he fit in. Off the field, obviously, he's a good guy. You like him, you can talk to him. He's not standoffish in that way, but it's just some of the things that if it doesn't benefit him - from a football standpoint - he just doesn't get the big picture of things. That's the really disappointing part of all this. When you decide to play a team sport, there's everybody else you have to take in consideration with decisions that you make, and right now he's not taking everybody else into consideration. It's all about him, how he's going to benefit, 'I don't wanna be here,' this, that, and that. You're in the wrong sport."

Question: Is it different if a player misses minicamp over a contractual situation than something like this?

Fletcher: "Yeah, it is. This is a situation that's really hasn't been...basically uncharted waters. Where a guy has gotten their money -- it's not about contract, this is about 'I don't fit the scheme.' Well, you don't know if you fit the scheme because you haven't been here, so until you come here and see if you fit the scheme...if they're gonna pay you what they're gonna pay you to be a 3-4 end or 3-4 nose tackle, come, be the best 3-4 end, 3-4 nose tackle that you can be, and at the end of the day we'll be happy with you."

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Shanahan told Haynesworth before they paid him the April 1st $21 million bonus that they would release him before he got the money, but if he took the money that they would expect him to be a good soldier and play whatever position they wanted. He took the money and ran once he got assurance from the NFLPA that the redskins couldnt take the money back.

Sounds just like a con-artist move and a reason why the owners pulled out of the CBA, the NFLPA sounds corrupt.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Shanahan told Haynesworth before they paid him the April 1st $21 million bonus that they would release him before he got the money, but if he took the money that they would expect him to be a good soldier and play whatever position they wanted. He took the money and ran once he got assurance from the NFLPA that the redskins couldnt take the money back.

Sounds just like a con-artist move and a reason why the owners pulled out of the CBA, the NFLPA sounds corrupt.

The owners exercised their option to NOT continue with the salary cap and we are in the final year(uncapped) of the CBA that was allowed for. The owners haven't pulled out of anything. But just as the owners exercised their option to end the CBA early, fat Albert is also playing by the rules that allowed him to take the check and then do nothing and only face a $10K fine.

All fat albert is doing is making sure that his fellow NFL players get bent over the hard wooden chair in the next CBA. Don't blame the NLPA, the NFL owners signed this CBA and your F'n moron of an owner signed the contract that allowed Haynesworth to do what he is doing. You word means diddily poo when there is a written contract in place. Or no contract in place like for the Jets players who were promised by the owner that they would get new deals but were not. I don't see you up in arms over that situation.

haynesworth-pi_20100616163618_660_3.jpg

thats my boy

anyways, with or without him the skins are moving forward. everyone is buying into the new systems and working hard for the common goal. i for one am excited about the upcoming season. i can't hardly wait!!

The most laughable thing about this is that Greg Blatch warned Synder but Napoleon just had to do it. That little Fer never learns :lol:

ESPN insider says the Vikes could be a destination

both of their starting defensive tackles could be suspended at the start of the season.(4 games)

don't know what they're willing to give up. i want a player that can help this season

NOT a draft pick down the road.

ESPN insider says the Vikes could be a destination

Well, considering ESPN Insider is always wrong, I wouldn't hold my breath!

both of their starting defensive tackles could be suspended at the start of the season.(4 games)

don't know what they're willing to give up. i want a player that can help this season

NOT a draft pick down the road.

Don't worry. Snyder has never made a move for the future.

And for the record the Redskins are pretty dumb for giving franchise money to a player and then a year later deciding to not play to his strengths. Its just another reason why they are one of the league's doormats.

And for the record the Redskins are pretty dumb for giving franchise money to a player and then a year later deciding to not play to his strengths. Its just another reason why they are one of the league's doormats.

how do we even know that?? he's not even willing to try! with his size and strength he could very well dominate.

he's just plain gutless.

how do we even know that?? he's not even willing to try! with his size and strength he could very well dominate.

he's just plain gutless.

No, not gutless. Fletcher had it right - he's selfish.

He wants everything to center around him.

He's going to make the Skins a circus this year.

The skins were going to let him be a 3-4 end where he could rush the passer as much as he wants and also rotate him in at NT, but Haynesworth is too stupid to realize Haslett would put him in a position to let him do what he does best.

The skins were going to let him be a 3-4 end where he could rush the passer as much as he wants and also rotate him in at NT, but Haynesworth is too stupid to realize Haslett would put him in a position to let him do what he does best.

In most 3-4 schemes, the DEs don't rush much, except perhaps on 3rd downs. Mostly their job is to give the linebackers clear lanes to the ball.

I have no sympathy for either side in this stupid little fight.

Haynesworth is a **** for getting all this money and not willing to do whatever the people paying him that much ask. Its his job and he's getting paid unbelievably well do it.

As for the Redskins they deserve this for signing this guy to such an outrageous contract and not putting him the best position to succeed. While he should STFU and play whatever position they ask him to in the 3-4 I don't think your getting the most out of him in that scheme. Basically he's going to be a waste of money even if he does take the field.

Haynesworth is at fault for going for the money to begin with (although that seems to be all he really cares about). Its happened before and it'll happen again. Instead of going for the situation where they'll have the most success players go for the most money and end up getting put in a bad position on the field and being unable to live up to their contract. I don't think they made the most of him last year like the Titans could have, and he should have known he was walking into a very questionable situation as far as the coach went and everything could change very quickly.

In most 3-4 schemes, the DEs don't rush much, except perhaps on 3rd downs. Mostly their job is to give the linebackers clear lanes to the ball.

this.

there's nothing comparable between 4-3 DE and 3-4 DE. nothing. the closest thing to a 3-4 DE in a 4-3 scheme might be a LDE who is more of a run stopper than pass rusher. all 3 positions on a 3-4 d-line are expected to do virtually nothing more than occupy the o-lineman so the LBs can make all the plays. period.

Well, considering ESPN Insider is always wrong, I wouldn't hold my breath!

Well as much as I dislike espn, They did say one of the few teams that could want mcnabb were the skins. I said i have no clue why they would say that, the eagles would never ship mcnabb in the division.... boy was I wrong.

this.

there's nothing comparable between 4-3 DE and 3-4 DE. nothing. the closest thing to a 3-4 DE in a 4-3 scheme might be a LDE who is more of a run stopper than pass rusher. all 3 positions on a 3-4 d-line are expected to do virtually nothing more than occupy the o-lineman so the LBs can make all the plays. period.

One thing I don't understand is why Haynesworth cares. It would make a lot more sense to me if he was about to become a free agent and knew this scheme was going to kill his stats/cost him millions.

Dude already got his payday, so I don't get why he cares.