gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Everyone but Eagles fans are in favor of the skins and cowboys on this issue.

No, every fan except the cowgirls and deadskins fans are for the fine, the broke the directive and now they must pay. At the league meeting, 30 teams voted for and two teams voted against, you know who the two teams were.

:roll:

The Skins and Cowboys didn't "expose a loophole", they just failed to follow orders and now have tasted the wrath of their master. I heard Mara was lighting cigars with million dollar cap charges at the owners meetings, FTR.

And they can't sue for blatantly obvious reasons. They are Fed.

Also, the Skins aren't even close to being among the leagues "richest teams". They are valuable, but if Jerry Jones woke up with Danny Snyder's money, he'd kill himself. If Paul Allen woke up with Jerry Jones' and Dany Snyder's combined wealth one morning, he'd re-enact Falling Down before offing himself.

:roll:

This whole post is gold! All of it!

No, every fan except the cowgirls and deadskins fans are for the fine, the broke the directive and now they must pay. At the league meeting, 30 teams voted for and two teams voted against, you know who the two teams were.

You mean 29 teams voted in favor of having an extra $3 million (or whatever) more in cap space this year at the expense of 2 of their rivals? Shocker!

You mean 29 teams voted in favor of having an extra $3 million (or whatever) more in cap space this year at the expense of 2 of their rivals? Shocker!

$1.6 million...it's chump change and doesn't really even help the other teams. The only reason they even included it was to get the NFLPA on board, thus making their case against the Skins/Cowboys bulletproof.

Wow, jumping the gun a little in your avatar?

That said, I hope he has a great career for you guys.

It's a little sad to see the Skins eliminating even more seats from the stadium. It's smart, though. Not being the draw they once were, the blackouts were coming if they weren't able to get in front of this issue and they can't count on the road team's fans to pick up the slack every week.

Kyle Shanahan will meet with RG3 starting tonight and several times a week leading up to the draft. So Griffin will have a big head start in learning the playbook.

Kyle Shanahan will meet with RG3 starting tonight and several times a week leading up to the draft. So Griffin will have a big head start in learning the playbook.

He should be meeting with defensive backs in the NFC East and playing catch with him if he's really interested in getting a head start on the Shanahan offense.

It seems like this is something that should be illegal...But I don't think it is.

It seems like this is something that should be illegal...But I don't think it is.

Don't think it's illegal though this would be the point where it would be funny if the Colts drafted him.

Don't think it's illegal though this would be the point where it would be funny if the Colts drafted him.

The skins would still get Luck, he just wouldnt have a 3 week head start on the playbook.

Its actually kind of like a loophole in the system. They can set up as many pre-draft visits with a draft prospect as they want. The skins are just coming to this visit with a playbook.

They can set up as many pre-draft visits with a draft prospect as they want. The skins are just coming to this visit with a playbook.

Personally I think it's smart. The Redskins paid a fortune for that pick. Should take the most advantage as they can out of it.

According to Football Outsiders' QB career forecast system, Robert Griffin III has the highest score ever since the method began measuring in 1998.

The system, based primarily on college starts and completion rate, is far from foolproof, but interesting nonetheless. Griffin's career forecast is No. 1, Philip Rivers' was No. 2, Drew Brees was 3, Colt McCoy (outlier) was 4, Carson Palmer was No. 5, Peyton Manning was 6, and Andrew Luck's 2012 projection comes in seventh. Football Outsiders does caution that the system is "meant to be a tool used alongside the scouting reports," which may have weeded out McCoy based on his poor arm strength on tape.

According to Football Outsiders' QB career forecast system, Robert Griffin III has the highest score ever since the method began measuring in 1998.

The system, based primarily on college starts and completion rate, is far from foolproof, but interesting nonetheless. Griffin's career forecast is No. 1, Philip Rivers' was No. 2, Drew Brees was 3, Colt McCoy (outlier) was 4, Carson Palmer was No. 5, Peyton Manning was 6, and Andrew Luck's 2012 projection comes in seventh. Football Outsiders does caution that the system is "meant to be a tool used alongside the scouting reports," which may have weeded out McCoy based on his poor arm strength on tape.

Where was Brady ranked?

Where was Brady ranked?

No idea, but i think it said in the article they only do this for quarterbacks projected to be drafted in rounds 1-3. They say that too many factors exist in the success/failure of late round quarterbacks.

The skins are rebuilding their safety corps through free agency this year. They just signed Tanard Jackson which makes him the 3rd or 4th safety (if Cedric Griffin plays safety instead of corner) they have signed this off-season.

Right now the favorites to start next year are Tanard Jackson at free safety and Brandon Meriweather at strong safety.

If Jackson cant beat out Griffin then there are serious problems. Griffin has torn the ACL in both of his knees.

Jackson is one mess up away from being out for a long time, and Meriweather is a 15 yard penalty.

If Jackson cant beat out Griffin then there are serious problems. Griffin has torn the ACL in both of his knees.

Jackson is one mess up away from being out for a long time, and Meriweather is a 15 yard penalty.

I think Griffin is 2 years removed from his ACL injury now. Also, i did not like the signing of Jackson. He seems like a real turd, but apparently Raheem Morris vouched for him.

I think Griffin is 2 years removed from his ACL injury now. Also, i did not like the signing of Jackson. He seems like a real turd, but apparently Raheem Morris vouched for him.

Two torn ACL's though, you are bound to lose something.

I agree on Jackson about being a turd, but if he can get his act together he is good.

Yes, good news indeed!

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/231447/redskins-re-sign-defensive-captain-fletcher

Redskins re-signed ILB London Fletcher.

He's the last of the marquee free agent inside linebackers to sign. Fletcher turns 37 in May, but remains one of the league's top run defenders and can still hold his own in pass coverage. Fletcher's 166 tackles led the NFL in 2011, and he's also forced six fumbles over the past two seasons. He added two interceptions and will return as one of the better re-draft IDP targets going.

Of course he would be back. No other team wanted him

Everyone knew he was going back to the skins and at 37 years old he doesnt make much sense for any other team to sign him away either.

Everyone knew he was going back to the skins and at 37 years old he doesnt make much sense for any other team to sign him away either.

Jumping the gun with that avatar a bit, don't you think?