gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Exactly. Are your receivers so bad that you are lining up a TE at WR? I seriously doubt Cooley will have the same level of productivity being split out at WR. First, it's not a position he played before, second he's not facing coverage from a LB anymore.

hey don't shoot the messenger :lol:

hey don't shoot the messenger :lol:

Last year, they essentially shared a position due to Cooley's injury. The TE position totaled 77 catches. And now you expect BOTH to get over that number? Come on gritz, you are better than that. If they combine for 120+ catches, that would be amazing production out of the TE position and require them to both be on the field a TON. But you are saying 180 is very possible? Pfft.

Last year, they essentially shared a position due to Cooley's injury. The TE position totaled 77 catches. And now you expect BOTH to get over that number? Come on gritz, you are better than that. If they combine for 120+ catches, that would be amazing production out of the TE position and require them to both be on the field a TON. But you are saying 180 is very possible? Pfft.

I think they will gameplan to the skins strength on offense which will be the running game and tight ends. Cooley will line up at WR at times. I think Fred Davis will make the biggest impact in the red zone, McNabb seems to look to him first whenever they are in scoring range and he caught a lot of a TDs last year. John Keim, the Washington Examiner writer has already predicted that Fred Davis will lead the team in touchdowns this year. McNabb has been going to Cooley more at mid-field hitting 20 or 30 yard completions.

I think it will be something like:

Cooley: 65 catches 700 yards 4 TDs

Davis: 40 catches 400 yards 9 TDs

And on a separate note grab Moss late in your fantasy drafts, i think hes being really undervalued this year. I think he could have a 1300 yard season.

I enjoy your posts. I really do. But come on man, a TD every other game? When did Fred Davis turn into Tony G?

I enjoy your posts. I really do. But come on man, a TD every other game? When did Fred Davis turn into Tony G?

He had 6 last season taking over for Cooley with Jason Campbell throwing him the ball.

10 touchdowns is not out of the question with McNabb in the pocket.

He had 6 TD's last year in 10 starts, its not an unreasonable prediction.

6 out of 10 games has him at the same pace. But it just seems like a lot.

McNabb never threw 9 TDs to a TE in a season before. Granted, Celek had 8 last year. The next closest would be chad lewis with 6 in 2001, then 5 by LJ smith twice.

I can't say I have seen that much of Davis, so my assumption is probably a unfair. I'll be interested to see how he does this year (and I think I may have to get him in my salary cap league)

I think they will gameplan to the skins strength on offense which will be the running game and tight ends. Cooley will line up at WR at times. I think Fred Davis will make the biggest impact in the red zone, McNabb seems to look to him first whenever they are in scoring range and he caught a lot of a TDs last year. John Keim, the Washington Examiner writer has already predicted that Fred Davis will lead the team in touchdowns this year. McNabb has been going to Cooley more at mid-field hitting 20 or 30 yard completions.

I think it will be something like:

Cooley: 65 catches 700 yards 4 TDs

And on a separate note grab Moss late in your fantasy drafts, i think hes being really undervalued this year. I think he could have a 1300 yard season.

I think you are high.

I'm reading that Selvish Capers has really come on this week at practice. He struggled last week but i have heard he has moved to the 2nd team LT position, supplanting Will Robinson. In my roster prediction i had him on the practice squad but at this rate i think he may push Stephon Heyer off the roster.

Hopefully he can develop into a quality backup tackle for us or maybe even Trent's bookend at RT.

man im so excited for this friday. im picking up the new Madden game today in preparation. Can't wait to see Trent Williams lined up on Dmacs blindside.

:roll: Trent Cole is thinking the same thing.

He had 6 last season taking over for Cooley with Jason Campbell throwing him the ball.

10 touchdowns is not out of the question with McNabb in the pocket.

You are probably assuming most of these TD's will come in the red zone, right? In case you haven't watched McNabb the past 5 years, that's where he is at his worst. He won't throw to Davis unless he's wide open, which he won't be in a tight space.

You are probably assuming most of these TD's will come in the red zone, right? In case you haven't watched McNabb the past 5 years, that's where he is at his worst. He won't throw to Davis unless he's wide open, which he won't be in a tight space.

Thats a good point. While Celek did have 8 last year, 4 of them were from greater than 10 yards (yeah, I know, "red zone" is 20, but 10 yards and in is what I would consider to be tight space to pass). They were 11, 17, 35, 47.

Take away the two really long ones, and McNabbs ceiling for TDs to a single TE is 6

:roll: Trent Cole is thinking the same thing.

Trent Williams has been getting rave reviews so far, and Orakpo has been having a relatively quiet training camp because of him. On the radio yesterday when asked about Williams, Bruce Allen said something to the effect of "Total professional, day 1 starter and we never looked back."

Williams has had a much better training camp than Jammal Brown so far.

Trent Williams has been getting rave reviews so far, and Orakpo has been having a relatively quiet training camp because of him. On the radio yesterday when asked about Williams, Bruce Allen said something to the effect of "Total professional, day 1 starter and we never looked back."

Williams has had a much better training camp than Jammal Brown so far.

That's good for the Skins. Seems like they made the right pick rather than Okung (spelling?) He's still never played an NFL snap.

you must be Fing stupid to think this is a good thing.

I dont think its good, im just saying Williams has been our best tackle. Brown isnt seriously hurt, he just has a sore hip...from the surgery i guess.

Golic, from mike and mike in the morning took the conditional test that Haynesworth took and failed several times, and he passed the first time!!! How pathetic is this lump of ****

I can see it. Back when Denver had Billy Miller, Carlisle and some non-memorable guys at TE, I think 4 of them had around 150 for the season. Shanahan uses the TEs a lot and McNabb won't have a RB as a safety valve, so the TEs will be that for him.

The rumors of Clinton Portis's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Still the best runningback in the NFC east and

maybe headed for his best season ever.

The rumors of Clinton Portis's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Still the best runningback in the NFC east and

maybe headed for his best season ever.

:roll:

The Redskins had to call a timeout tonight, because McFlibb scrambled for a first down(barely outrunning a DE) and started to dry heave when trying to relay the play to the offense. He was gassed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300813028

LANDOVER, Md. -- Donovan McNabb threw a touchdown pass in his Washington Redskins debut, Albert Haynesworth looked suitably motivated in his debut as a $100 million backup, and the new-look Buffalo Bills looked like the same old Buffalo Bills.

McNabb went 5 for 8 for 58 yards in two series Friday night and hit first-year player Anthony Armstrong for a 4-yard touchdown in the Redskins' 42-17 win over the mistake-ridden Bills. It was a first-glimpse preseason game that shows Washington's new coach Mike Shanahan is quite a bit further along than Buffalo's new coach Chan Gailey.

It's been a little over four months since the Easter Sunday trade that brought McNabb to the Redskins, and it's still a jarring sight to see No. 5 in something other than a Philadelphia Eagles uniform. After a couple of wayward throws on his first series, he went 4 for 5 for 47 yards on his second drive and showed he still has some speed in his 33-year-old legs by scrambling to convert a third-and-1.

"When you play your first game, obviously, with a new ballclub, it takes you back to the first game you played," McNabb said. "Your adrenaline is high, and you have to settle down a little bit. The second time we went out, after our first drive, it led to us putting up some points. Then good things happen. There are a lot of things we have to work on, but I thought offensively we were able to progress."

McNabb's favorite target was tight end Chris Cooley, who caught three passes for 33 yards -- a surefire harbinger of the regular season, especially with the Redskins still trying to figure out their receiver corps. McNabb's last throw was the TD to Armstrong, who has made a surprisingly strong case for a roster spot.

Clinton Portis, with more competition than usual at camp, got more than his usual work for a first preseason game, carrying six times for 22 yards. Brandon Banks, an undrafted rookie receiver from Kansas State listed at 5-foot-7, made some look-at-me noise with a dynamic 77-yard punt return down the right sideline for a touchdown in the third quarter.

Haynesworth, who has ended up on the short end of a monthslong showdown with Shanahan, skipped offseason workouts because he wanted a trade. He wasn't allowed to practice at camp until passing a conditioning test. He aced the test on the 10th day of camp and was told by coaches he'll have to play with the reserves until he earns a spot back in the starting lineup.

Haynesworth played two series Friday, both with the second unit in the second quarter, and he drew plenty of attention. Buffalo's offensive line committed two false starts while he was in the game, and he did exactly what a nose tackle is supposed to do -- occupy multiple bodies -- while rookie Perry Riley blitzed unencumbered and forced Trent Edwards to rush a throw. Haynesworth was the last player to head to the locker room at halftime, walking slowly behind his teammates.

No one could have blamed the Bills for walking slowly off the field. Buffalo had a horrible preseason a year ago -- the starting offense scored just three points over 15 series in five games -- and Gailey and his players are hoping to use this August to get it right.

They're not off to a good start.

The Bills scratched 13 players due to injuries, including five linebackers and four offensive linemen. Then they committed three morale-sapping third-down penalties: holding on tight end Jonathan Stupar that killed a drive; roughing the passer on linebacker Aaron Maybin that kept one Redskins' touchdown drive alive; and illegal contact against Andra Davis that led to another Washington touchdown.

"We have a lot of work to do. A lot of work," Davis said. "We're still learning this defense. We'll learn from this."

Edwards, in a three-way competition for the starting job, completed 6 of 12 passes for 58 yards and had an interception returned 33 yards by DeAngelo Hall, setting a Redskins score. Another mistake for the lowlight reel: Ellis Lankster muffed a punt for a turnover in the third quarter.

Buffalo trailed 35-3 before Ryan Fitzpatrick's 5-yard pass to rookie David Nelson late in the third quarter. First-round pick C.J. Spiller debuted with three carries for 14 yards.

The Redskins scored their most points in a preseason game since 1988.