gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

This is the clause I've seen and it seems entirely straightforward to me. I bolded the parts I think apply.:

“The NFLPA on behalf of itself, its members, and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, releases and covenants not to sue, or to support financially or administratively, or voluntarily provide testimony of any kind, including by declaration or affidavit in, any suit or proceeding (including any Special Master proceeding brought pursuant to the White SSA and/or the Prior Agreement) against the NFL or any NFL Club or any NFL Affiliate with respect to any antitrust or other claim asserted in White v. NFL or Brady v. NFL, including, without limitation, any claim relating to the 2011 lockout, any restrictions on free agency, any franchise player designations, any transition player designations, the Draft, the Entering Player Pool, the Rookie Compensation Pool, Total Revenues (‘TR’) or television rights fees with respect to any League Year prior to 2011 , collusion with respect to any League Year prior to 2011 , or any claim that could have been asserted in White or Brady related to any other term or condition of employment with respect to conduct occurring prior to the execution of this Agreement. For purposes of clarity, this release does not cover any claim of any retired player.”

Apparently it's a clause in the Brady agreement that is going to do in the NFLPA. It's even more restrictive than this.

Apparently it's a clause in the Brady agreement that is going to do in the NFLPA. It's even more restrictive than this.

I think either one gets the case thrown out. I've tried to wrap my head around why the NFLPA has even bothered filing this and can't come up with a good reason.

My only guess is they just want the fact that the NFL colluded to be a matter of public record for some strategic advantage in the future, even if they can't personally gain from it this time.

The skins are a team to watch in the supplemental draft this year. If RG3 goes to bat for Gordon and gives him a favorable review to the skins front office i could see the skins bidding a Day 3 pick on Gordon despite his legal troubles.

They also have an extra 5th round pick next year from the Patriots for the Albert Haynesworth trade 2 years ago.

The skins are a team to watch in the supplemental draft this year. If RG3 goes to bat for Gordon and gives him a favorable review to the skins front office i could see the skins bidding a Day 3 pick on Gordon despite his legal troubles.

They also have an extra 5th round pick next year from the Patriots for the Albert Haynesworth trade 2 years ago.

Isnt it nice to finally have draft picks for the Skins??

Well take away our next 2 1st rounders though.

Isnt it nice to finally have draft picks for the Skins??

Well take away our next 2 1st rounders though.

I doubt the skins will bid higher than a 4th though.

If RG3 is legit, skins can build through the drafts.

If he sucks and Cousins isn't starting material they are out 2 first rounders. Its great. Either way they wont have first round players the next two years.

I would like to thank the Skins for basically ignoring their O-Line and banking on a drug addict to protect RGIII. This group will never learn, if you O-Line is not in order with quality back-ups, you don't have ish.

I would like to thank the Skins for basically ignoring their O-Line and banking on a drug addict to protect RGIII. This group will never learn, if you O-Line is not in order with quality back-ups, you don't have ish.

3 picks on o-line this year alone...

3 picks on o-line this year alone...

One quality rounder and the rest skanks, great.

One quality rounder and the rest skanks, great.

Rounds 4-7 is where your depth comes from. But when you take over a team with few starting caliber players and zero depth it takes a few years to build some. They also like the undrafted tackle they got last year, Willie Smith. He got quality playing time last year with Trent suspended.

Don't sleep on Jamal Brown, he missed a 1/4 of the season last year as well.

Rounds 4-7 is where your depth comes from. But when you take over a team with few starting caliber players and zero depth it takes a few years to build some. They also like the undrafted tackle they got last year, Willie Smith. He got quality playing time last year with Trent suspended.

3rd year for Shanny and Allen. Problem solved yet?

Not solved, but a lot better than it used to be. Although i wish we still had a guy like Chris Samuels around. Hopefully Trent can get his head on straight and become that franchise left tackle for us. He has the talent to do it.

I don't like that they didn't add legitimate competition for Jammal Brown. He was the weakest link on the line last year and they are still hoping he gets over that hip injury. It would not surprise me at all to see Brown released during training camp if he doesn't show a big improvement.

Not solved, but a lot better than it used to be. Although i wish we still had a guy like Chris Samuels around. Hopefully Trent can get his head on straight and become that franchise left tackle for us. He has the talent to do it.

I don't like that they didn't add legitimate competition for Jammal Brown. He was the weakest link on the line last year and they are still hoping he gets over that hip injury. It would not surprise me at all to see Brown released during training camp if he doesn't show a big improvement.

I just hope that kid doesn't get ruined do to Shanny's arrogance.

I just hope that kid doesn't get ruined do to Shanny's arrogance.

I hope he does ... nothing personal, but the last thing I want is my division rival having an elite QB.

Whether or not the Skin's are good this year, something has got to change in DC. That team has picked up where the Cardinals left off in this division. Dan Snyder has destroyed what was once a proud franchise. They have sucked for so long that I can't get excited for games against them. I don't think other teams do either. The Giants lost to them late last season and it didn't stop them at all. It's like they could have cared less about the game before, during and after. Same with the Eagles in '08. They lost a humiliating game to the skins and then just shrugged it off and went to the championship game.

Whether or not the Skin's are good this year, something has got to change in DC. That team has picked up where the Cardinals left off in this division. Dan Snyder has destroyed what was once a proud franchise. They have sucked for so long that I can't get excited for games against them. I don't think other teams do either. The Giants lost to them late last season and it didn't stop them at all. It's like they could have cared less about the game before, during and after. Same with the Eagles in '08. They lost a humiliating game to the skins and then just shrugged it off and went to the championship game.

Then I invite you to spend some time down here in the DC burbs. You have skins fans talking all kinds of ish EVERY offseason. So much so that it does bring me pleasure in having the Eagles beat the snot out of them.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about -

But yeah, if you don't face the skins fans on a regular basis, I can see your POV.

Jammal Brown - T - Redskins

Redskins RT Jammal Brown suffered a setback in his surgically repaired hip while running gassers on Wednesday.

Brown will begin training camp on the active/PUP list after being sent for an MRI on the hip. The 31-year-old spent the offseason in yoga classes working on his flexibility after coach Mike Shanahan threatened to take his roster spot. Brown can't afford a lengthy absence.

Hahahahah. I said this was a bad trade. Dude still cant stay healthy.

Honestly as bad as Brown was last year they can't downgrade by starting a guy like Polumbus. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they just release Brown or send him to IR. Hes been completely ineffective. Options to replace him are veterans Tyler Polumbus and James Lee or youngsters Willie Smith and Tom Compton.

One thing I just don't understand is how the hell is Hightower, a guy coming off an ACL Tear is going to be the feature back, yet Hulu and Royster who filled in very nicely at the end of the season dont get the chance to start.

You make it sound like "who needs those first round picks." Griffing better be good - you guys paid a bundle to move up a few slots. If not, this will go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history. And knowing the Skins history during the Snyder years, whattya think the odds of that happening are?

Don't sleep on Jamal Brown, he missed a 1/4 of the season last year as well.

You mean the guy who is on the phyiscally not able to preform list?

One thing I just don't understand is how the hell is Hightower, a guy coming off an ACL Tear is going to be the feature back, yet Hulu and Royster who filled in very nicely at the end of the season dont get the chance to start.

Because Shanahan sucks. It's a known fact.

Evan Royster opened camp as the starting RB and Roy Helu ran with the 2s. Hightower ran with the 3s. With Shanahan it doesn't matter who starts, he might just be deferring to the veteran but it was obvious last year that Helu and Royster each were very effective and Hightower should be 3rd. And thats the way i expect it to play out when the games mean something.

You make it sound like "who needs those first round picks." Griffing better be good - you guys paid a bundle to move up a few slots. If not, this will go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history. And knowing the Skins history during the Snyder years, whattya think the odds of that happening are?

It definitely sucks to lose those 1sts but if RG3 is the real deal then it will be worth it. You just have to make sure to hit on those 2nds and focus your scouting on the mid to late round prospects.

You mean the guy who is on the phyiscally not able to preform list?

Yep, the skins FO/Snyder just don't get it.

I wish snyder a long, healthy life.