gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Cant wait to hear how the redskins will be much better once there is a game plan for RG3

Its almost a given. He hasn't done a single bootleg or anything that plays to his strengths yet this pre-season. Hes been strictly a dropback passer with a shaky o-line. The o-line should be mostly healthy for week 1 and you will see designed QB runs, the pistol offense, the option, and a ton of roll outs. None of which we have seen yet. We might see some today though.

Actually now that i think about it Griffin did line up in the pistol a few times against Buffalo.

Tanard Jackson replaces Meriweather at strong safety and Rob Jackson replaces Orakpo at linebacker.

Skins played a good game today. Our defense smothered them. We held the Colts to 53 yards rushing and sacked Luck a number of times, all minus Brian Orakpo.

Grossman picked their second team D apart: 8/8 127 yards 2 TDs. It looks like we might have 3 QBs who can play in this league.

Alfred Morris was the featured back with the 1st team and he ran all over the Colts. They had no answer for him. 14 carries 107 yards and 1 TD. Not bad for a 6th round pick.

Its almost a given. He hasn't done a single bootleg or anything that plays to his strengths yet this pre-season. Hes been strictly a dropback passer with a shaky o-line. The o-line should be mostly healthy for week 1 and you will see designed QB runs, the pistol offense, the option, and a ton of roll outs. None of which we have seen yet. We might see some today though.

Actually now that i think about it Griffin did line up in the pistol a few times against Buffalo.

Tanard Jackson replaces Meriweather at strong safety and Rob Jackson replaces Orakpo at linebacker.

I was pretty much making a joke, since hardly any team has a game plan. Hell Nick Foles is looking great out in preseason.

Clinton Portis will announce his retirement soon. He was a great running back in his prime and finished 2nd in career team rushing yards behind only John Riggins.

2012 NFL QB Redraft:

1. A. Luck

2. N. Foles

3. R. Wilson

4. B. Griffing

5. R. Tannehill

RG3 looked good, but it's pretty obvious that the Indy defense is way far behind the skins.

RG3 looked good, but it's pretty obvious that the Indy defense is way far behind the skins.

Teams always struggle the first year they switch to a 34. In 2010 the skins defense was 30th when they switched.

Loving the yellow pants. Do you know if they are they just the 'pre-season' uni, or will they be worn during every Redskin game? And didn't they wear them a couple of times last season?

Loving the yellow pants. Do you know if they are they just the 'pre-season' uni, or will they be worn during every Redskin game? And didn't they wear them a couple of times last season?

They wore them a lot last year and they will wear them again this year. The skins will also be wearing 1930's throwbacks for 2 home games this year too. Its the skins 80th anniversary year.

jr1-500x333.jpg

Skins traded CB Kevin Barnes to the Lions for a late round draft pick. Barnes was another one of Cerrato's draft busts.

I'm very impressed with Bruce Allen. Hes been able to get draft picks for Campbell, McNabb, Haynesworth, and now Barnes.

Skins traded CB Kevin Barnes to the Lions for a late round draft pick. Barnes was another one of Cerrato's draft busts.

I'm very impressed with Bruce Allen. Hes been able to get draft picks for Campbell, McNabb, Haynesworth, and now Barnes.

But he also traded two high picks for Mcnabb and Brown.

But he also traded two high picks for Mcnabb and Brown.

Yeah bad trades in hindsight but at least he got something for McNabb when everyone knew we were cutting him and with Brown at least he got a 5th rounder back. So it wasn't a total loss like Cerrato used to do. Like a 2nd round pick for Jason Taylor who played 1 year.

Yeah bad trades in hindsight but at least he got something for McNabb when everyone knew we were cutting him and with Brown at least he got a 5th rounder back. So it wasn't a total loss like Cerrato used to do. Like a 2nd round pick for Jason Taylor who played 1 year.

My favorite "Cerrato" is the 3d rounder for TJ Duckett. :roll:

That was a good one. I had a buddy txting me how you couldnt game plan for Portis and Duckett

My favorite one is:

Cerrato lets Thrash walk

We pick him up cheap as a FA

After a few years, we no longer have the need, trade him back to the skins for a 5th

Draft Trent Cole with that 5th.

I miss Cerrato.

I believe you can still catch his smarmy laugh on the Batlimore station that plays the Ravens games.

I know it's not what you meant. But I threw that out there in case you REALLY do miss him ... :P

I believe you can still catch his smarmy laugh on the Batlimore station that plays the Ravens games.

I know it's not what you meant. But I threw that out there in case you REALLY do miss him ... :P

Haha, I wish the giants would snatch him up. You know they would cut Jpp.

Huge skins news today...Chris Cooley released. Hes tearing up at the podium right now. Hes definitely one of my favorite players ever. Very, very sad to see him go.

Cooley was the first Redskins jersey i ever bought.

Maybe ESPN will hire him to analyze trades among division rivals.

WOW!!! Once London Fletcher leaves the skins, I'll officially like no skins players again.

I guess we will have to look elsewhere for our "redskins playbook and junk shot" pictures