gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Not a surprise at all. Only a matter of time before it happened. He will be snatched up quick probably

Not a surprise at all. Only a matter of time before it happened. He will be snatched up quick probably

I hope so, ill root for him where ever he goes...unless its somewhere else in the NFC East. Actually the Giants make a logical fit now that i think about it. I hope it doesn't happen though.

Any of the nfcE teams make sense. Dallas is sketchy after Witten, Giants are iffy as is. And Celek plus Cooley could be nice haah

I tried to get "ChrisCooley'sJunk" as my screen name at the Skins sight, the turned down my request.

If he's healthy, I would love to have him here in philly. If only because he could potentially fill two roles...3rd TE and FB. It's not like we use the FB enough to warrant a roster spot. He would certainly help in the redzone. Runs good routes and is a decent blocker. Any way you look at it we are going to have to cut some good DL. That extra roster spot would help with the DL or Polk.

I read that we wants a chance to start somewhere else. Not sure if that will happen. Also not sure if he would want to be a role player here. In the end, it will probably all boil down to who will pay the most. Or he could realize we are super bowl bound and jump aboard. :P

100% respect for Chris Cooley. I posted this on here before but I had a good friend Phil Post who died in a car accident (about 15 mins from where I live too) and was a huge Skins fan and big Cooley fan (for his viewing he was in a Cooley jersey). His parents got permission from the Skins to use their logo and stadium on his tombstone. Anyways...my friend's parents also payed for 17 kids to attend a special football camp held by Cooley in honor of their son. Cooley was so amazing he even drove to their home, which is about an hour from DC visiting them more than once. He had never met Phil but went out of his way to help his family through this tough time. Cooley even posted a tribute to my friend on his blog: http://chriscooley47...illip-post.html

This is a guy who was completly dedicated to his fans and team. If you missed his press conference yesterday watch it. He was very emotional and said putting on another jersey would be very hard. It's sad players have to go out like this. Cooley has been hit with some injuries the past few years so dont be surprised if he retires after 8 seasons rather than even attempt to play elsewhere.

None of that surprises me at all, thats the kind of guy he was. A true class act and an old-school loyal football player in an era where they are few and far between. I'll always love Cooley and i hope he lands on his feet. If he does decide to retire id like to bring him in as a coaching assistant or a tight ends coach.

The skins dominated the bucs. Wow talk about an a** kicking. Very promising pre-season for the skins, bring on the Saints.

Biggest surprise of the pre-season: 7th rounder Richard Crawford looking like one of the best corners on this team. I would not be surprised to see him replace Griffin as the #3 corner during the season.

He played because he missed the last 2 games with injury.

They also played Royster. :roll:

I hope they enjoyed that because if the Tampa triplets of B, Ratliff, M. Madu, and T. Underwood ever see a Skins player in Arena II next year, they'll be out for revenge.

They also played Royster. :roll:

I hope they enjoyed that because if the Tampa triplets of B, Ratliff, M. Madu, and T. Underwood ever see a Skins player in Arena II next year, they'll be out for revenge.

lol Royster played because he missed the last game due to injury. If the season started today Alfred Morris would be the starting back, so Helu and Roysters are backups playing in game 4. Don't hate us because we have a stable of awesome running backs! :thumbsup:

You can't knock any Rat Boy RB. Any one of them can bust out for a single season for 1500 yards rushing.

If, god forbid, I was a skins fan, I would be OK going with any of them, except Hightower.

You can't knock any Rat Boy RB. Any one of them can bust out for a single season for 1500 yards rushing.

If, god forbid, I was a skins fan, I would be OK going with any of them, except Hightower.

Oh, I'm not. I jut found it funny they were giving the 4th string Bucs a steady diet of their #1 and #1A running back.

Right out of Spurrier's playbook.

Right out of Spurrier's playbook.

OSAKA!!!!!! We're going 12-4!!! Superbowlzzzzzzz!!!

Oh, I'm not. I jut found it funny they were giving the 4th string Bucs a steady diet of their #1 and #1A running back.

With Shanahan he believes every back on his roster is a starting caliber back. Tristan Davis was supposed to run the ball in the 2nd half but he got hurt in the beginning of the game on special teams and was out from there.

I remember when Cooley ripped the eagles for the Mcnabb trade. Boy did that blow up in his face haha.

But yeah, I still don't see why skins fans want Hightower to start. Coming off of torn ACL. Helu when healthy has the most talent IMO.

Maybe ESPN will hire him to analyze trades among division rivals.

I remember when Cooley ripped the eagles for the Mcnabb trade. Boy did that blow up in his face haha.

Word

But yeah, I still don't see why skins fans want Hightower to start. Coming off of torn ACL. Helu when healthy has the most talent IMO.

I dont want Hightower to start. Hes the least talented of all 4 backs in my opinion.

Yeah but that doesn't mean Hightower couldn't rack up the yards in our system. He's just not healthy right now.

I wouldn't even say he's a lock for a roster spot right now.

Yeah but that doesn't mean Hightower couldn't rack up the yards in our system. He's just not healthy right now.

I wouldn't even say he's a lock for a roster spot right now.

I think the shanny system has shown that ANY RB can rack up yards in that system.

Skins 7th round safety Jordan Bernstein has somewhat surprisingly made the team. But the skins writers are saying that the Eagles really liked him at Iowa and had their eye on him if he hit waivers. Skins coaches didn't think he would make it to the practice squad.

He had a strong game 4, coming up with an interception.