gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

The rumors of Clinton Portis's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Still the best runningback in the NFC east and

maybe headed for his best season ever.

Portis' line tonight:

6 carries for 22 yards, a 3.7 YPC, with a "long" run of 6 yards vs. the team that had the NFL's 30th ranked rush D last year.

Seriously, between this and the 80+ reception predictions for both of your TEs, you really have calm the hype machine a bit.

Portis' line tonight:

6 carries for 22 yards, a 3.7 YPC, with a "long" run of 6 yards vs. the team that had the NFL's 30th ranked rush D last year.

Seriously, between this and the 80+ reception predictions for both of your TEs, you really have calm the hype machine a bit.

buck 140 on the ground for the skins. Clinton's numbers will be huge this season, along with Cooley's

who also had a great game.

buck 140 on the ground for the skins. Clinton's numbers will be huge this season, along with Cooley's

who also had a great game.

OK, so we have Santana Moss getting 80+ catches and two separate TEs getting 80+ catches. Now, we have Portis having a career year.

What's next, McNabb breaking the TD record?

By the way, 146 yards for the Bills on the ground. Since you take their 140 yards to be a sure sign of success, can I assume that their rushing defense is going to suck?

Somehow, I doubt you'll see it that way.

Portis' line tonight:

Not to mention this tidbit:

The Bills scratched 13 players due to injuries, including five linebackers and four offensive linemen.

and lets not forget Trent Williams killing his man all night long.

Trent Williams threw Aaron Maybin around like a rag doll.

Skins looked pretty good tonight. I was surprised at how well Rex Grossman played. He was lights out. Pass protection looked pretty good, 3rd team o-line sucked big time. Defense still needs work, but made some plays. Devin Thomas burned the Bills secondary so bad i think the nearest guy was 15 yards behind on his TD catch. Brandon Banks looked great at punt returner. Williams and Torain did a great job running the ball.

Most importantly no injuries for the skins.

Not to mention we looked excellent and efficient in the red zone, a big problem from last year and we finally got to drop some serious points on someone even though it was meaningless. And Trent Williams was excellent, most of the time he kept his man 5-10 yards from Dmac.

The Bills totally suck. They have no offensive line.

I don't like any of their pass catchers out side of Evans.

They have no pass rushers at all. Maybin was a total bust last year and I haven't heard good things out of camp. Schobel was their only proven pass rusher but it was clear he wasn't going to play for them.

They don't have the pieces to play a 3-4 yet and those they did get are mostly rookies or other teams castoffs.

They're just simply talent deficient at this point.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300813028

LANDOVER, Md. -- Donovan McNabb threw a touchdown pass in his Washington Redskins debut, Albert Haynesworth looked suitably motivated in his debut as a $100 million backup, and the new-look Buffalo Bills looked like the same old Buffalo Bills.

McNabb went 5 for 8 for 58 yards in two series Friday night and hit first-year player Anthony Armstrong for a 4-yard touchdown in the Redskins' 42-17 win over the mistake-ridden Bills. It was a first-glimpse preseason game that shows Washington's new coach Mike Shanahan is quite a bit further along than Buffalo's new coach Chan Gailey.

It's been a little over four months since the Easter Sunday trade that brought McNabb to the Redskins, and it's still a jarring sight to see No. 5 in something other than a Philadelphia Eagles uniform. After a couple of wayward throws on his first series, he went 4 for 5 for 47 yards on his second drive and showed he still has some speed in his 33-year-old legs by scrambling to convert a third-and-1.

"When you play your first game, obviously, with a new ballclub, it takes you back to the first game you played," McNabb said. "Your adrenaline is high, and you have to settle down a little bit. The second time we went out, after our first drive, it led to us putting up some points. Then good things happen. There are a lot of things we have to work on, but I thought offensively we were able to progress."

The Redskins scored their most points in a preseason game since 1988.

Wayward? I think he meant downward as in wormburners :lol: The Skins are going for the record preseason point total on their way to the pre-season championship

Its funny being an eagles fan and watching redskins fans get excited about McNabbs inaccuracy, bad time management, and stupid penalties. :lol:

The rumors of Clinton Portis's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Still the best runningback in the NFC east and

maybe headed for his best season ever.

:roll: Pass that ish.

Portis' line tonight:

deadskins were lights-out in steve spurious' 1st preseason too...then what happened? :roll:

and lets not forget Trent Williams killing his man all night long.

Well done. By the way, Aaron Maybin's next NFL sack will be his first.

Clinton has been and is still the best runningback in the east. There maybe a couple who can

catch the ball better, but there is not a better pure runningback. So please tell who will lead

east in rushing this year cus my money is on CP.

Portis was always a notch or two below Westbrook and Tiki Barber, that's not even debatable. Currently I'd take Shady, Marion Barber and Felix Jones over him.

And :lol: at Skins fans thinking Portis had a good night, he had 3.7 ypc against the 30th ranked run D in the league who sat 5 of their LBs because of injuries. You'll only get these proclamations from Skins fans ladies and gentleman.

The Bills totally suck. They have no offensive line.

I don't like any of their pass catchers out side of Evans.

They have no pass rushers at all. Maybin was a total bust last year and I haven't heard good things out of camp. Schobel was their only proven pass rusher but it was clear he wasn't going to play for them.

They don't have the pieces to play a 3-4 yet and those they did get are mostly rookies or other teams castoffs.

They're just simply talent deficient at this point.

1) But, but the Redskins totally suck. They have no offensive line..

2) But, but the Skins have no weapons other than Moss...

3) But, but the Skins ae changing their defense after having a good year last season. Why, it doesn't make sense...

4) But, But Haynesworth is a big fat slob..

5) But, but the Skins don't have the pieces to switch to the 3 - 4

Preseason Champs lol lol

Type it again for those that missed it.....

Lions

4-0 pre

0-16 regular.

they were 4-0 in spurious' 1st year too...that dewsh was TRYING to win games his 1st preseason by leaving his starters in longer, so, when the games counted, the other HCs made sure to take him out to the woodshed for a good beating.

Portis was always a notch or two below Westbrook and Tiki Barber, that's not even debatable. Currently I'd take Shady, Marion Barber and Felix Jones over him.

Tiki was the man. Westbrook, hell no! thats why westy is still looking for a J O B and

Portis is well on his way to post another 1000 yard season.

1) McCoy is not going to get the opportunity to run the ball like CP. We know this.

2) There are a ton of Cowboy fans who are down on Barber & the run blocking of their OL.

3) Jones will be more of a threat as a receiver than a runningback, if he can hold on to the ball.

they were 4-0 in spurious' 1st year too...that dewsh was TRYING to win games his 1st preseason by leaving his starters in longer, so, when the games counted, the other HCs made sure to take him out to the woodshed for a good beating.

keep living in the past, its what you eagle fans are good at.

keep living in the past, its what you eagle fans are good at.

:roll:

RU kidding me?

when were the deadskins last in the playoffs again? can you even remember back that far?

your team is set up to win now - if by "now", you mean 2005!

bwahahahahahaha

It's preseason.

It was against the Bills.

Your talking like the Redskins are on their way(offensively)to matching the '99 Rams.

It's hard for me to even take the skins seriously as they always seem to meltdown and can never get out of their own way.

Their fans are passionate but,most are unrealistically goofy when it comes to seeing what their team has been for the past decade(Big name free agents/new head coaches/and an owner who's trying to emulate another meddling owner in the division).

The craziest thing of all is that you skins fans jump on board the hype wagon every year and instead of being cautious(as you should be)you buy into 'lil' Danny boys big money moves.

Tiki was the man. Westbrook, hell no! thats why westy is still looking for a J O B and

Portis is well on his way to post another 1000 yard season.

1) McCoy is not going to get the opportunity to run the ball like CP. We know this.

2) There are a ton of Cowboy fans who are down on Barber & the run blocking of their OL.

3) Jones will be more of a threat as a receiver than a runningback, if he can hold on to the ball.

Since when is 496 yds rushing last year considered another 1,000 yd season.