gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Seems like BS, since from reports, he was answering some questions correctly and others not. So it was not 100% certain he was concussed right away. Screw the NFL in that situation.

Very happy about RG3, never expected him start playing well so quickly. only problem is he wants to literally win games on his own even if that means running for 3 yards and getting a hard hit. Has to learn that he's more important to team healthy than those three extra yards.

hamgriffin_medium.gif

I still can't believe how many points we are scoring this year. We are getting spoiled! Although our defense is coming up with defensive touchdowns almost every single week. So that helps a lot.

Our offensive line play is really standing out to me too. They are clicking big time. Imagine if Garcon was healthy.

I posted this in another thread but if you guys want RG3 to last then your wonderfully retarded coach needs to stop sending him on inside runs. His career is going to be shortened at this rate which would be a tragedy because he looks like he has the talent to be an all time great. Somebody needs to pull him aside and tell him that he's the franchise and that he needs to stop exposing himself to hits. He needs to slide on scrambles and he needs to protect himself.

I posted this in another thread but if you guys want RG3 to last then your wonderfully retarded coach needs to stop sending him on inside runs. His career is going to be shortened at this rate which would be a tragedy because he looks like he has the talent to be an all time great. Somebody needs to pull him aside and tell him that he's the franchise and that he needs to stop exposing himself to hits. He needs to slide on scrambles and he needs to protect himself.

The inside runs usually come with the skins in the option and Griffin usually slides on those after about 7 yards. The only other time they run inside is if they see the D-line spread wide in a pass rushing formation then he knows to audible to the QB draw. On one hand you want to protect him but on the other you want to play to his strengths. All you can really do is keep a good backup and hope he doesnt get hurt.

Griffin is leading the league in QB accuracy and leading the league in rushing TDs. And he has a QB rating of 100.5

He is also the #1 fantasy player in the league.

Fantasy means nothing. Vick got people 25-30 points last week with 2 ints and a fumble.

RG3 looks good as a runner, no doubt about that. But over 16 games he is projected only 13 passing TDs. Skins are about to start getting into some tough games. Pitt, Bmore, NFCEast, Browns Defense is nothing to slouch on either. He won't be able to run wild on all of those teams. Bmore most likely the easiest to run on.

Fantasy means nothing. Vick got people 25-30 points last week with 2 ints and a fumble.

RG3 looks good as a runner, no doubt about that. But over 16 games he is projected only 13 passing TDs. Skins are about to start getting into some tough games. Pitt, Bmore, NFCEast, Browns Defense is nothing to slouch on either. He won't be able to run wild on all of those teams. Bmore most likely the easiest to run on.

Hopefully Garcon can come back healthy and add a big play threat to the passing game.

The inside runs usually come with the skins in the option and Griffin usually slides on those after about 7 yards. The only other time they run inside is if they see the D-line spread wide in a pass rushing formation then he knows to audible to the QB draw. On one hand you want to protect him but on the other you want to play to his strengths. All you can really do is keep a good backup and hope he doesnt get hurt.

Griffin is leading the league in QB accuracy and leading the league in rushing TDs. And he has a QB rating of 100.5

He is also the #1 fantasy player in the league.

I disagree with that. You protect him by not calling QB draws (Unless it's a playoff game) and by letting him scramble like a tradiational QB, at the end of the play and he slides at the end every time no matter what. Designed inside runs are a no no because as you said he is accurate and he can throw. He's a great player, you have to understand that he could end up being the best QB of all time if he continues to improve at this rate. You really want him done at 30 because of inside runs? Long after his legs dry up he'll still be a great player. His coach needs to give him the chance to become that player.

There has NEVER been a QB ever with his speed and tools that has his touch and accuracy. Steve Young was the closest I have seen.

I disagree with that. You protect him by not calling QB draws (Unless it's a playoff game) and by letting him scramble like a tradiational QB, at the end of the play and he slides at the end every time no matter what. Designed inside runs are a no no because as you said he is accurate and he can throw. He's a great player, you have to understand that he could end up being the best QB of all time if he continues to improve at this rate. You really want him done at 30 because of inside runs? Long after his legs dry up he'll still be a great player. His coach needs to give him the chance to become that player.

There has NEVER been a QB ever with his speed and tools that has his touch and accuracy. Steve Young was the closest I have seen.

You can still call run plays. You gave to teach RG3 to be a bit smarter about how to and when not to take a hit. Removing the run threat, also removes one of the things the Defense has to account for, which in turn opens up the passing game ever so slightly.

Good game from the rookie today. That moss throw was very nice, as was the 4th and 10 play.

Fred Davis tearing his achillies will be big. I am sure Cooley has already been called and will probably be signed this week, but still not as athletic as Davis is.

And Losing Fletcher could be big for the defense.

Sounds like we might see Garcon on IR sooner or later. He might need foot surgery. And Fletcher might miss his first game this week. Man we are just getting absolutely slammed with injuries.

Alfred Morris won the rookie of the week award this week. Its his first win and with RG3 having won it 3 times that means a Redskins rookie has won rookie of the week 4 out of 7 weeks this season.

Alfred Morris won the rookie of the week award this week. Its his first win and with RG3 having won it 3 times that means a Redskins rookie has won rookie of the week 4 out of 7 weeks this season.

Morris is a stud as is RG3. Getting a franchise QB and RB in one draft is great. With a better defense/better health, you guys will be in the playoffs.

Biggest disappointment for the skins this year is the pass rush. Losing Orakpo and Carriker really crippled it. They generate little to no pressure a game now.

Biggest surprise has to be the play of the offensive line. I deemed it a major failure of the Redskins for not legitimately replacing Jamaal Brown at right tackle but i have to admit Tyler Polumbus has stepped up in a big way the last 3 weeks. This offensive line is dominating people. They don't allow many sacks and they are gashing people on the ground.

Tough talk for a guy who will be cut at the end of the year. And dont the panthers have at least 5 losses? Or something very close.

when you win, you can get to enjoy the spoils. it kinda comes with the steroid rolled and testosterone rampant league.

Three way tie for bottom of the barrel in the NFC East. Who is going to capture the crown of crappiest in the division? The Cowboys have the most talent on both sides of the ball, so they shouldn't be contending, but they play well together as a team. The lack talent on offense, other than RG3 and Morris is killing the skins, as well as the dysfunctional defense. But even they can't hold a candle to the pathetic play of the Eagles. A defense built around getting after the QB, who can't actually get to the QB, secondary who can't cover without getting a penalty, and the defense as a whole can't tackle worth a damn. And sadly, the eagles offense is even worse.

So in the end, I see it finishing up in this order...

Giants

Cowboys

Skins

Eagles

But then again, with Shanny pretty much writing off the season, you never know. I know the local media here in DC when bat-ish crazy over his comments after this last game.

Regardless, At this point, Jim Zorn has a better record than Shanny has with the skins. Think about that folks. YIKES!!!!