gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Start now and continue for the next 30 years, would be my suggestion.

I have been for the last 20 years. Still doesn't prevent them from squawking every offseason and up to the 1st couple weeks of the season.

I have been for the last 20 years. Still doesn't prevent them from squawking every offseason and up to the 1st couple weeks of the season.

Me too, move to NoVa in 1991, their last Superbowl year. I actually thought Washington was a great football town when I arrived. I was mistaken.

If the 18 month timetable that was earlier mentioned is true, if you're Snyder, do you consider firing Shanny?

Steve Czaben(local DC guy but has a morning show on Yahoo radio), put forth the theory that Shanny's #1 concern was winning that game so he could push for a contract extension from 'lil Danny this offseason. I gotta say, that seems pretty likely. Would explain the desire to get RG3 killed to win one game, knowing he was essentially all used up.

If those 18 months are accurate, you can add 6 to 12 months of playing to get back to "normal" and that's not a guarantee either. They may have just blown 2 to 3 seasons of his career for that contract extension.

If the 18 month timetable that was earlier mentioned is true, if you're Snyder, do you consider firing Shanny?

I have no idea who is saying 18 months...... I am no medical expert, but I have had my left knee reconstructed and with todays athletes and medicine, I see no way it takes 18 months for him to recover from ACL/LCL reconstruction.

In fact given what Peterson did this year, I would not doubt that he would play next season by late October.

I have no idea who is saying 18 months...... I am no medical expert, but I have had my left knee reconstructed and with todays athletes and medicine, I see no way it takes 18 months for him to recover from ACL/LCL reconstruction.

In fact given what Peterson did this year, I would not doubt that he would play next season by late October.

I heard it on ESPN Radio, it was a report that was taken down, so I don't know if that's accurate or not. 18 months was the high end of that estimate (12 to 18 months). It normally takes a QB an additional 6 to 12 months to get back to "normal", plus, for a normal, non-football player it wouldn't be the same as for a football player. I could tear my ACL and continue to function. I'm not an NFL QB though.

Nah, dude was gonna get hurt at some point. He's a running QB. That's what happens to those guys.

I heard it on ESPN Radio, it was a report that was taken down, so I don't know if that's accurate or not. 18 months was the high end of that estimate (12 to 18 months). It normally takes a QB an additional 6 to 12 months to get back to "normal", plus, for a normal, non-football player it wouldn't be the same as for a football player. I could tear my ACL and continue to function. I'm not an NFL QB though.

I hate to say it, but the longer the better! 18 months would be fine with me..... just seems really long

Nah, dude was gonna get hurt at some point. He's a running QB. That's what happens to those guys.

I haven't seen nearly enough of him yet to put him into the "running QB" category, one of my brothers watched him all year and insists that he's not the typical "running QB". He's a big guy though, so I think that'd help his durability.

I wouldn't say that all "running QB's" are any more prone than pocket passers either though. Think about Randall Cunningham, each time he was hurt, it was in the pocket and not running.

Donovan, I think all but one of his was in the pocket, if I recall though, his ACL was blown out while running vs. the Titans.

All my in-laws are skins fans. LOTS of smack talking going from the end of the game last week until the beginning of the 2nd qtr yesterday. I"m debating at what point I throw some gas on that fire.

Burn those mfer's DOWN they sur had a lot to say over the last 7 weeks. Now its so quiet you can hear a pin drop!

RGIII reminds me much more of Steve Young than anyone mentioned to date.

He runs far, far more than Young ever did, but he's on track with the concussions and he's +2 over Steve Young in ACL tears.

He runs far, far more than Young ever did...

I just looked it up, the most Young ever ran was 76 times. Griffin had 120 runs this past year.

Never knew that Steve's first name was actually Jon...

Even if it isn't 18 months....what if you put him in a little too early?

no one knows when he will ever be ready.

If it requires surgery and he's able to play next season, there's still the strong chance that he's not "the same" until 2014. Peterson isn't the rule when it comes to ACL's though I know Redskins will cling onto that hope. So, if it does take a year to be "normal", you're really looking at about 18 months anyway.

From a sprained LCL to multiple torn ligaments.....AND they have Kirk Cousins who was doing a great job for them. A smart coach benches RG3 in the regular season and lets Cousins get more gametime which they can then use to trade for a 1st rounder.

A smart coach benches RG3 in the regular season and lets Cousins get more gametime which they can then use to trade for a 1st rounder.

At the very least he benches him after the first quarter when he initially comes up gimpy.

I haven't seen Pasture Troy today... isn't she a Redskins fan?

Its pastor troy and I am a he.....

If adrian peterson can come back after multiple cl tear.....RG3 will bounce back....to terrorize the nfc east again :D:P

From a sprained LCL to multiple torn ligaments.....AND they have Kirk Cousins who was doing a great job for them. A smart coach benches RG3 in the regular season and lets Cousins get more gametime which they can then use to trade for a 1st rounder.

they wanted the division and played a gimpy Griffin to get it. say they play cousins, he has a mediocre game and they lose the game. that plan completely backfires. the only time they needed to bench him was yesterday.