gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

If adrian peterson can come back...

Peterson isn't the rule when it comes to ACL's, though I know Redskins will cling onto that hope.

Its pastor troy and I am a he.....

If adrian peterson can come back after multiple cl tear.....RG3 will bounce back....to terrorize the nfc east again :D:P

adrian peterson is a freak of nature. what he was able to do was a medical anomaly.

adrian peterson is a freak of nature. what he was able to do was a medical anomaly.

This. Peterson shouldn't have been able to come back like that. Skins fans can hope all they want but thinking just because Peterson was able to come back the next year is really going on cloud nine. Skins fans will be lucky if RG3 even comes back normal. Shanahan really screwed up imo. Sad for RG3 but funny as hell as an Eagles fan though

Pocket passers. That's who you draft. These dudes get hurt. Doesn't matter if its in the pocket or out. They'll eventually either get hurt running or get hurt because teams blitz that type of QB so much. QBs that rely on atheltism also get hurt a lot trying to extend plays. As we Eagles fans we are experts on this.

Pocket passers. That's who you draft. These dudes get hurt. Doesn't matter if its in the pocket or out. They'll eventually either get hurt running or get hurt because teams blitz that type of QB so much. QBs that rely on atheltism also get hurt a lot trying to extend plays. As we Eagles fans we are experts on this.

Yea pocket passers like cutler, big ben, tom brady, matt schuab, christian ponder all got hurt while in the pocket :unsure: ....you just have to be smart when running ....like tiny russell wilson...

This. Peterson shouldn't have been able to come back like that. Skins fans can hope all they want but thinking just because Peterson was able to come back the next year is really going on cloud nine. Skins fans will be lucky if RG3 even comes back normal. Shanahan really screwed up imo. Sad for RG3 but funny as hell as an Eagles fan though

Money mike this is typical of you.....lol....remember what goes around comes around

You really shouldn't base your expectations on Peterson. There is a reason why what he did was so damn impressive. Other guys have injured their ACLs in recent years and have not had the same immediate success/recovery as he did. There hasn't been anything about him having some new type of procedure that made this recovery possible. That's all him. He's a freak plain and simple.

RG3 will probably see the field next year but I wouldn't expect the same mobility that he showed when healthy. If its his plant leg expect some skittishness in the pocket as well. That could throw off his passing game somewhat if he's mentally unsure of it. You'll also lose the progress he should have/would have made from year 1 to year 2 with all the off season stuff he'll miss. In addition you have to hope that Shanny and company learned their lesson and won't rush him back risking further injury. If its a major injury like it sounds like its not good. It will likely set him back but at least it doesn't sound like an 'OMFG you just f'd up his whole career' kind of injury.

Nevertheless Shanny F'd up yesterday big time.

4-5 years of injury plagued seasons are what RGIII has ahead of him before he is forced to retire. Skins can't really do much to help him out with future talent either, they sold everything including their soul to trade up for him.

People are totally discount this kids abilities outside running the ball. Watching him all year (I live in the DC area) and can tell you that this is not like a raw Donovan McNabb, Mike Vick, or any other running QB one can think of. Think more like Steve Young, Warrren Moon, I won't mention the elite QBs because he hasn't earned it but if this kid had the 90's Dallas O-line, he could stand there and pick apart defenses.

Its pastor troy and I am a he.....

If adrian peterson can come back after multiple cl tear.....RG3 will bounce back....to terrorize the nfc east again :D:P

Because why? Are they related? You don't really think that recovery is the same for everyone do you?

Supposedly Peterson's "miraculous" recovery was aided by the fact that other than the ACL, there was no other structural damage and his overall knee was in 'great" shape which isn't the case with RG3 and the full extent of damage can't be determined until they open him up:

"We've seen guys come back from ACLs more and more. But the cartilage impact may affect things more. In Adrian Peterson's case, they talked about how great the knee looked when they went in -- that there was no damage other than the ACL tear. And that had a lot to do with how quickly and how well he recovered. In the case of RG III, he didn't have a completely healthy knee when this injury happened, so does that mean he has a cartilage injury too? We don't know, and that's what makes it hard for us to sit here and say, "Oh, he'll need this long to recover."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/48001/rg-iii-injury-qa-with-stephania-bell

People are totally discount this kids abilities outside running the ball. Watching him all year (I live in the DC area) and can tell you that this is not like a raw Donovan McNabb, Mike Vick, or any other running QB one can think of. Think more like Steve Young, Warrren Moon, I won't mention the elite QBs because he hasn't earned it but if this kid had the 90's Dallas O-line, he could stand there and pick apart defenses.

I just don't see the Steve Young or Warren Moon comparisons at all...it doesn't make much sense to me. BG0 throws a nice ball and seems like a smart kid, but he's an option QB to this point in his career. It's tough to compare him to anyone but Cam (maybe McNair?) until he runs a traditional offense because so, so much of his game has been on the ground.

He's definitely a more accurate passer than McNabb or Vick. However, he's a running QB so far. That's what he is. 120 carries (despite missing some time) is an ENORMOUS amount of running for a QB. He ranked 22nd in passing yards, but 20th in rushing yards. That means he was actually a more prolific runner as an NFL player than a passer.

He has a great deal of potential, but you're jumping the gun because this offense will end his career in a handful of years and we don't yet know how he'll function in a pro-style offense.

Peterson's ACL was claimed by the same dump of a stadium that has now seemingly claimed Griffins.

Also Chris Clemons. Skins went from top dog to dog s***.

Snyder feels bad because his football field is being criticized while he is the "wealthiest" coach in the NFL. Someone with deep pockets sure chose to be cheap, that field was crappy.

Shanahan feels bad for not yanking RG III and is held responsible for possibly setting back his career 12-18 months.

I bet the field will be nice and green for years to come! Hell Snyder may close the stadium and turn it into a dome so RG III doesn't get injured anymore.

Also Chris Clemons. Skins went from top dog to dog s***.

Snyder feels bad because his football field is being criticized while he is the "wealthiest" coach in the NFL. Someone with deep pockets sure chose to be cheap, that field was crappy.

Shanahan feels bad for not yanking RG III and is held responsible for possibly setting back his career 12-18 months.

I bet the field will be nice and green for years to come! Hell Snyder may close the stadium and turn it into a dome so RG III doesn't get injured anymore.

Not that it matters, but Snyder isn't even among the top 10 NFL owners, in terms of net worth.

Not that it matters, but Snyder isn't even among the top 10 NFL owners, in terms of net worth.

You are probably right, I was only explaining it to point out that Snyder is supposed to be one of the rischest owners and his field was junk, thats all.

I only read a few posts, but Redskins fans are pretty upset with Shanahan for risking Griffin. http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?378462-Shanahan-Decision-Not-to-Take-Out-RGIII

I don't blame them at all, if Griffin had been an Eagle and Reid did this and the same thing happened the same way, there'd have been a lynch mob outside his house within a few hours of the game.

Oh please, the ones whining about Shanny not pulling RG3 are the same ones who called Cutler a pooooosy for coming out the playoff game two years ago.