gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Oh please, the ones whining about Shanny not pulling RG3 are the same ones who called Cutler a pooooosy for coming out the playoff game two years ago.

While I agree with this and I have seen many people (Skins Fans) saying this.......at the end of the day you have to protect your investment. RG III was and is the Washington Redskins investment for the next 10-12 years. What that organization sacrificed in order to get him should have played in both Shanahans mind's at the time RG III was limping around. If I were Mike Shanahan I would have thought to myself "You know what, this fan base is going to have to learn to hate me because I'm yanking RG III".......Shanny should have been willing to take the heat for yanking RG III in a playoff game but you know what? IF Shanny would have done this RG III would be starting again in 2013 instead of looking like he may miss the whole 2013 season!

It's funny the Redskins were on a roll there and had no problem sitting RG III against Cleveland after spraining his LCL, but when RG III hobbles on the field, barely being able to walk, Shanny decides to keep him in......just an all around dumb decision!

Yea skins fans would have always wondered "what if" had he been pulled, especially because with a healthy RG III Washington was a threat to other teams in the playoffs.....but again if you're a smart fan, Redskins fans wouldn't have had one problem with Shanny yanking RG III in order to keep him from reinjuring his ACL or his knee as a whole. This is your franchise QB that now has one concussion and (2) critical knee injuries in his ROOKIE season.

If I were a skins fan, hell yea I would be pissed at both Shanny's. I am not so sure that Snyder will go as far as firing Shanahan but Snyder will defintely let it be known that if a decision like this occurs again, both will hit the door.

I am not so sure that Snyder will go as far as firing Shanahan but Snyder will defintely let it be known that if a decision like this occurs again, both will hit the door.

Let this turn out to be a two year loss for them and he might give it some serious thought... lol

Oh please, the ones whining about Shanny not pulling RG3 are the same ones who called Cutler a pooooosy for coming out the playoff game two years ago.

They may be, but I specifically remember defending Cutler in that scenario. I did the same with with LDT. I'm of the mind that you give great players the benefit of the doubt and playing in games (specifically big games) is what they live for. In most cases you have to protect players from themselves, rather than beg them to play hurt.

In this case, they took a calculated risk with Griffin and I can understand the decision, but they seriously erred when they did not remove him from the game after tweaking it. It hurt them in the football game (because he was completely ineffective) and may have caused more damage to the knee of their franchise player. It was a lose-lose.

I only read a few posts, but Redskins fans are pretty upset with Shanahan for risking Griffin. http://www.extremesk...-Take-Out-RGIII

I don't blame them at all, if Griffin had been an Eagle and Reid did this and the same thing happened the same way, there'd have been a lynch mob outside his house within a few hours of the game.

Probably the same Redskins/Nationals fans who were "pretty upset with Johnson" for limiting and then shutting down Strasburg last September.

Clearly a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for any HC/manager as far a the "fans" are concerned.

Probably the same Redskins/Nationals fans who were "pretty upset with Johnson" for limiting and then shutting down Strasburg last September.

Clearly a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for any HC/manager as far a the "fans" are concerned.

To start the game, I agree. Let him play. But once his knee gave out in the first quarter and he had to go back into the locker room, you have to consider sitting him down.

To start the game, I agree. Let him play. But once his knee gave out in the first quarter and he had to go back into the locker room, you have to consider sitting him down.

Absolutely, but my point was no matter what decision the HC would have made a certain segment of the fan base would have not been happy with it so the hell with what the fans want/think.

He should have made the decision based solely on what's in the best interest of his "franchice" QB's long-term interest and it seems apparent to me that Shanny didn't do that but instead was more concerned with trying to win that game.

Absolutely, but my point was no matter what decision the HC would have made a certain segment of the fan base would have not been happy with it so the hell with what the fans want/think.

He should have made the decision based solely on what's in the best interest of his "franchice" QB's long-term interest and it seems apparent to me that Shanny didn't do that but instead was more concerned with trying to win that game.

Not only a "certain segment", the same segment that wants him killed for the injury would want him killed for pulling him out... lol

Also, I always find it amusing when I see this thread... 194 pages and the thread starter was banned. What's his clone name? Pastor Troy maybe?

You are probably right, I was only explaining it to point out that Snyder is supposed to be one of the rischest owners and his field was junk, thats all.

I remember when the playoff bound Redskins were whining about the field condition of the Linc in 2005 during a late December game. That didn't prompt Dan Snyder from converting the FedEx field surface to FieldTurf. Baltimore and Cinci converted very early with their new stadiums. I think all football stadiums in the northeast should have FT.

BGO will never be a pocket passer of significance. His career will be flashes of excitement yet marred with injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124011/article/robert-griffin-iii-needs-surgery-to-repair-lcl-damage

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124020/article/mike-shanahan-rg3-hurt-knee-on-sack-before-collapse

Shanahan reiterated to Kremer that he leans on team doctors in making health determinations on his players. Shanahan added: "You'd have to be a complete idiot to think that I would overrule our doctors. ... That's ludicrous. If someone were to do that, they should be fired."

http://www.nfl.com/n...pair-lcl-damage

http://www.nfl.com/n...before-collapse

Shanahan reiterated to Kremer that he leans on team doctors in making health determinations on his players. Shanahan added: "You'd have to be a complete idiot to think that I would overrule our doctors. ... That's ludicrous. If someone were to do that, they should be fired."

Here is where I respect Andy Reid. When Westbrook, Vick, McCoy, all suffered concussions, Reid followed the rules. Of course in all cases (sans Westbrook) the Eagles weren't in a playoff hunt. Reid remembers allowing Stewart Bradley back on the field after his initial concussion.

Shanahan took a very big risk by starting RGIII in the second half. He lost. It's time to own up!

What's so insane is that RG3 can throw accurately from the pocket. Why would you want to shorten his career by giving him the option to run like Randall Cunningham or Vick? This isn't the 1980's wishbone college offense. These are big LB's in the NFL who you hit RGIII hard with a gimpy knee. Thank GOD Chip Kelly is staying at Oregon.

Griffin has complete tear of ACL and LCL. Out 6-8 months.

Where are you seeing that? I saw the LCL report, but not the ACL.

Chris Mortensen@mortreport

Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.

That sounds a little light on the recovery time, but you can figure another 6 to 8 months to get back to "normal" after that.

6-8 months for him to start practicing. Unless he is a freak like Peterson, he may not get back to himself until halfway into the season.

I'm telling you, QBs that rely on running are going to start to be phased out slowly. They are more prone to injury and without their legs, they lose a big chunk of their effectiveness.

Next year for Griffin is a fantasy. Some crackpot mended his ACL with screws, and a rubber band while he was at Baylor. Peterson had no prior surgery. Randall Cunningham in 1991 needed a tendon from a monkey to repair his ACL. The idiocy of this situation is that RG3 could throw accurately in the pocket; unlike Vick, Cunningham, and McNabb. Yet the nepotists in charge of the Redskins offense "out thought themselves". They didn't emphasize his accurate throwing arm, and just "assumed" the black QB is better at running. No wonder McNabb hated playing for those bigoted irish ***holes.

Something that could be a problem for Griffin is what Peterson did this past season. That may make Griffin push it when maybe he shouldn't and if he doesn't recover as quickly as he thinks he should, based on Peterson, he may push it even harder and wind up making it take longer.

Total reconstructive surgery, ACL and LCL.

RGIII is Bo Jackson 2.0

This is also his second knee surgery since 2009.

That sounds a little light on the recovery time, but you can figure another 6 to 8 months to get back to "normal" after that.

Skins would be stupid to rush him but I bet they will. It sucks whenever a player gets hurt but as someone who grew up around arrogant Skins fans and still lives around them they can now shut the hell up. After their playoff loss the local media interviewed many HAPPY Skins fans singing their fight song, talking about how RGIII was bringing home more rings than Brady, they were the kings of the NFC. This after RGIII was hurt and they lost by 10 points and this was only their third playoff game since 1992.Fans credited RGIII for win over Dallas completely overlooking Alfred Morris got them there and RGIII did nothing. Now the overhype goes to Kirk Cousins...which should be amusing.

Skins would be stupid to rush him but I bet they will. It sucks whenever a player gets hurt but as someone who grew up around arrogant Skins fans and still lives around them they can now shut the hell up. After their playoff loss the local media interviewed many HAPPY Skins fans singing their fight song, talking about how RGIII was bringing home more rings than Brady, they were the kings of the NFC. This after RGIII was hurt and they lost by 10 points and this was only their third playoff game since 1992.Fans credited RGIII for win over Dallas completely overlooking Alfred Morris got them there and RGIII did nothing. Now the overhype goes to Kirk Cousins...which should be amusing.

sweet- next year can be the battle of the better 3rd round pick- cousins or foles-lol....