gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Dr Andrews expects RG3 back next season

http://www.nfl.com/n...son-doctor-says

Not exactly correct...

"Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.

"The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

He (the doctor) expects a full recovery (in other words, he won't die) and everyone hopes that he can be ready for 2013 because of his "high motivation".

Not nearly the same as "expecting" him to be ready for 2013. He just "hopes" he'll be ready.

I "hope" someone gives me $10,000,000.00, that doesn't mean I should expect it though... lol

Not exactly correct...

He (the doctor) expects a full recovery (in other words, he won't die) and everyone hopes that he can be ready for 2013 because of his "high motivation".

Not nearly the same as "expecting" him to be ready for 2013. He just "hopes" he'll be ready.

I "hope" someone gives me $10,000,000.00, that doesn't mean I should expect it though... lol

I think you're reading too much into it

I think you're reading too much into it

I think I'm reading his words... saying that he "expects" him to be ready for 2013 would seem to be reading something into them though. ;)

Orakpo? He was drafted 13th overall, not 6th. He's heading into the 5th and final year of his rookie contract, that would lessen his value. Also, hes had two surgeries the last two years one of which ended his season early, although the injuries he suffered are not severe so that can be overlooked.

Having said that, ya you can get a 3rd for him from someone solely based on talent. My initial reply to you had more to do with first or second rounders for him, which I think there is/was no way anyone would give up for him.

My point is more to the fact that the Skins struggle with this type of building your team but I understand what you are saying. Look at the way the Eagles stole from the Skins, Cards and Dophlins in the last 10 years with so-so or over the hill players.

DC will explode if Shanny brings him back early and he reinjures his leg in the first couple of weeks.

DC will explode if Shanny brings him back early and he reinjures his leg in the first couple of weeks.

which definitely will happen. they are trying to compare him to AP

i had a nice long talk with a skins friend of mine. He is convinced that because this game and idiotic actions happened in prime time, and everyone saw it, that the skins are going to be hypersensitive about bringing him back too soon. I guaranteed him that, because of everything they are saying, they will simply find doctors to give the thumbs up during the entire process. And they are going to bring him back as quickly as they possibly can. There is no doubt in my mind.

Dr. Andrews said AP's knee looked as clean/fit as a new born baby's, except for the ACL. RG3's is suffering his second ACL tear, and he's been stressing his weakened knee for over a month now.

Anyone who cites AP as an example for his return is an idiot or a Refskins fan. And as we all know, not all idiots are Refskins fans, but all redskins fans ...

I almost guarantee that RGIII's knee was a cover-up since the Ravens game. I am not really qualified to say that but based on watching the way that organization runs for the last 20 years and what was at stake, my spider senses are tingling.

Classy move by Trent Williams...almost made it through an entire season without getting suspended, but his streak remains intact.

How many games will they sit him down next year? Will they come down harder given his illicit drug and multiple drug test failures over the last year? Even funnier, the Skins players voted this clown captain. :roll:

When I saw it live I was pretty sure Sherman must have instigated Williams somehow because lets face it, he is a bit of a troll. But Williams just walked up to Sherman and told him "Imma punch you in the f'ing face" :lol:

He's taking a swing when his gimpy QB, who has torn knee ligaments, is right there in the middle of the scrum. What would have been amazing would have been the Seattle player dodges the punch, and Trent clocks RG3 on the miss instead.

One can dream, can't they?

He's taking a swing when his gimpy QB, who has torn knee ligaments, is right there in the middle of the scrum. What would have been amazing would have been the Seattle player dodges the punch, and Trent clocks RG3 on the miss instead.

One can dream, can't they?

Or he hits sherman who falls over and rolls up on rg3's knee. Nah maybe too much

Or he hits sherman who falls over and rolls up on rg3's knee. Nah maybe too much

Shanahan was so hellbent on ruining his knee, I'm half surprised he didn't push Williams into BG0's joint to make sure he finished the job.

:roll: :roll:

I also thought for sure that Sherman instigated that whole thing. Trent Williams is a dumba**.

Sherman is a mouthy guy, but he has really backed up any ish that he's talked. Good on him.

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins

According to the Washington Post, medical experts not involved in Robert Griffin III's January 9 reconstructive knee surgery have "serious doubts" about Griffin's availability for Week 1 in 2013.

This was a throwaway line in the Post's review of the Redskins' 2012 season, but we found it notable nonetheless. It echoes a recent Profootballtalk.com report that there is "much greater concern" with Griffin's knee than anyone involved with the team has let on. Of course, we heard the same early last offseason about Adrian Peterson. Hopefully for the Redskins, RG3's recovery powers are on par with the Vikings' future Hall of Fame back.

Shocker...Trent Williams, leader of the Washington Redskins organization, was sent home from the Pro Bowl for fighting/getting beat up.

Everyone gets on Goodell for being too heavy-handed with savages like Williams, but he gave him a slap on the wrist for assaulting Sherman and Trent clearly didn't learn from the experience. I'm guessing he'll get that suspension now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/report-trent-williams-pulled-from-pro-bowl-after-fight/

Trent takes stitches and tased at a night club but stayed standing. Apparently, he was assaulted by several people 2 ended up in the hospital and no charges on Trent but there were on 5 other people. The NFL is holding him out of the Pro-Bowl for precautionary reasons.

Peterson said don't use him as a timetable for RG3

anyone with a brain knew not to. So, by definition, that excludes most skins fans.