gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

There is a difference here. If McNabb stuck to the topic of his experiences concerning the 2002 season, I would agree with you completely. But this is McNabb we are talking about. That portion of the conversation would last all of 5 minutes, then it would progress to "Passive aggressive ME ME ME McNabb" from that point onward. And that would center on how Tanahan and his boy abused McNabb during McNabb's stay. McNabb would then tell RGMe to do everything the way he wants to do it. McNabb would not only be giving RGMe bad advice, the REdskins' FO, from top to bottom, would also be angered that RGMe is getting advice from someone who so poisoned the Redskins organization.

RGME talking to McNabb can only hurt the situation, not help.

You bring up great points. You have to wonder in the Redskins contract with RGME, that his multi-million dollar contract would be null, and void, if RGME had any contact with McNabb. I bet there wasn't an extra bonus for "hazard pay" when the Redskins made RGME's knee worse, forcing a two ligament knee surgery. RGME's next knee injury is his last. The Redskins are under the curse of ex-Eagle/Redskins QB Sonny Jurgensen. During the years of Randall Cunningham, SJ said during Redskins AM radio football games with Frank Herzog...."A running QB will never win a Super Bowl" That is the Redskins' curse. Since then Steve Young broke it, but he was white (***cough**). Sonny is a closet......racist.

It's just smart on RGMe's part to avoid McNabb, because he knows his coach and McNabb detest each other. Nothing more. A phone call would be sufficient, but McNabb wants to bing cameras to any meeting.

Just go back to their roots. Either the Washington Braves, Bulldogs or Maroons.

I'd like them to go back even further to a time when they didnt exist.

How horrible was that letter Snyder sent out? Jeebus.

Just go back to their roots. Either the Washington Braves, Bulldogs or Maroons.

How come these people are not asking the cleveland indians, chicago blackhawks, atlanta braves to change their names and logos.....

How come these people are not asking the cleveland indians, chicago blackhawks, atlanta braves to change their names and logos.....

None of those are racial slurs, whereas redskin is.

The Oneida Indian Nation (i.e the offended party) believes the name dates back to a time when Native Americans were hunted for extinction. Hunters would verify a kill by providing a scalp to the local trading post. The white women found the term 'scalp' offensive, so they referred to it as a 'redskin'. A hunter could come in and turn in a bear skin, deer skin and a redskin and get paid the going price.

For the Oneida Indian Nation they believe the term 'redskin' has a horrible origin. Indian, Blackhawk and Brave are either names of a tribe or the most common name of a Native American.

Every time you post it makes baby Jesus cry. :nonono:

RG3 sucks,I knew I couldn't count on him to beat Dallas.He's another 1 read gimmick QB that got shut down once teams got tape on him.

I still can't believe what they gave up for him,I'd be pissed if I was a skins fan lol.

RG3 sucks,I knew I couldn't count on him to beat Dallas.He's another 1 read gimmick QB that got shut down once teams got tape on him.

I still can't believe what they gave up for him,I'd be pissed if I was a skins fan lol.

Especially when they missed Luck by one draft spot. May not end up being a Manning-Leaf difference but it is looking like the Colts AGAIN, got the WAY better QB #1 than the team who picked #2.

Nick Foles (2-0): 7 total td, 0 turnovers

RGIII (1-4): 6 total td, 4int, 1 fumble

In the first few weeks the Skins fans blamed rust but I got another word for ya that rhymes with rust....BUST!

Leave the name alone. For the last dozen years somewhere in the vicinity of 75% of all Native Americans have found the name to be inoffensive. If they don't give a F, and the team has been known as such since 1937 (five years after moving the Boston Braves to the DC area) then no one else should. Get a life, people.

Some consider the namesake and logo of the Washington Redskins to be racist.[59] However, A 2013 USA Today poll found widespread support for the redskins name. The poll indicated that 79 percent of Americans believe that the Redskins should keep their name.[60] There have been movements by certain groups to change the name,[61] but the attempts have been unsuccessful. Others make the case in defense that the Redskins name is intended to honor the bravery and dignity of American Indians and that, regardless of past usage, the word redskins today refers to the football team. Notwithstanding the protests of activists, a 2002 poll commissioned by Sports Illustrated found that 75% of those American Indians surveyed had no objection to the Redskins name.[62] The results of the poll have been criticized by American Indian activists due to Sports Illustrated's refusal to provide polling information (i.e. how participants were recruited and contacted, if they were concentrated in one region, if one ethnic group is over represented and the exact wording and order of questions).[63][64] But in 2004, a poll by the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania essentially confirmed the prior poll's findings, concluding that 91% of the American Indians surveyed in the 48 states on the mainland USA found the name acceptable and setting out in detail the exact wording of the questions.

Leave the name alone. For the last dozen years somewhere in the vicinity of 75% of all Native Americans have found the name to be inoffensive. If they don't give a F, and the team has been known as such since 1937 (five years after moving the Boston Braves to the DC area) then no one else should. Get a life, people.

what do the braves have anything to with anything?? lol

im all for forcing them to change their name.

dan snyder thinks he is an indian guy has bearskin everything, he is weird. make them change i.ll sign the pettition. F da foreskins!!!

Nick Foles (2-0): 7 total td, 0 turnovers

RGIII (1-4): 6 total td, 4int, 1 fumble

In the first few weeks the Skins fans blamed rust but I got another word for ya that rhymes with rust....BUST!

Its easy to blame rg3.....but what about the coaching? The coaching staff are mediocre ....they are hiding behind rg3 success last year.....you have a 1st down after jordan reed 29 yard gain....with 36 secs left....but didnt call a time out .....only for an incomplete pass stopping the clock at 15 secs....then running a qb draw and settling for a fg......

Its easy to blame rg3.....but what about the coaching? The coaching staff are mediocre ....they are hiding behind rg3 success last year.....you have a 1st down after jordan reed 29 yard gain....with 36 secs left....but didnt call a time out .....only for an incomplete pass stopping the clock at 15 secs....then running a qb draw and settling for a fg......

Bite your tongue! Kyle Shanahan is the next great innovator. He had teams knocking his door down to get an interview last year, remember? But he wanted to focus all his attention on the Seahawks. Of course, we never heard anything about those interviews after the Seahawks debacle. Mike Shanahan didn't have a coaching problem when John Elway was the quarterback, so it can't be him he won a Super Bowl.

Bite your tongue! Kyle Shanahan is the next great innovator. He had teams knocking his door down to get an interview last year, remember? But he wanted to focus all his attention on the Seahawks. Of course, we never heard anything about those interviews after the Seahawks debacle. Mike Shanahan didn't have a coaching problem when John Elway was the quarterback, so it can't be him he won a Super Bowl.

Yea but what has shanahan done since elway retired?

Yea but what has shanahan done since elway retired?

Mortgaged the skin's future by blowing a king's ramsom in draft picks on a spread-option QB he subsequently misused to the point where he blew his knee ot for the 2nd time.

Mortgaged the skin's future by blowing a king's ramsom in draft picks on a spread-option QB he subsequently misused to the point where he blew his knee ot for the 2nd time.

Yup. Shanahans record in Washington is 22-31.....now this guy did inherit a horrible team with no QB, no RB, really no #1 WR and an old defense, but IMO Shanahan went the wrong way about it. First he traded for a washed up QB (I love what you did here McNabb but at that time you were washed up)....then played Rex Grossman and really has failed in his drafts besides drafting Kerrigan, Riley, Morris and RG III.

Shanahan traded away so many draft picks acquiring sub-level talent and has not built this team through the draft.

Redskins are the 4th oldest team in the NFL and thanks to a par RG III they are without a first rounder in 2014.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if the Redskins had Cousins graded so high leading into the 2012 draft and wanted him in the 3rd all along, why did they give up so much for RG III? I am not saying that RG III is a bust yet, but look what you guys gave up for him! And you have a QB riding the bench that has led this team to wins and look at the draft picks you could of saved yourself by just drafting Cousins to be your QB.

I hate the Redskins but this isn't Communist Russia. You can't "force" them to change their name

Wouldnt be the first time they were forced to change their racist ways.