gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

No ....there are some racist elements there and some people dont like to hear about ....why is it that rg3 has no room to struggle ? ...calling him a bust after 5 games this season yet bradford keep getting a pass after 4 years in the league.....if luck goes out tonight and throws 5 int ...do u think the same people will call him a bust? i think not

lol. The media, and HE HIMSELF, builds him up soooooooo high. And then idiots like you wonder why folks take shots at him when he doesn't live up to hype. Instead of pointing to the absolute joke of the media fluffing him non-stop last year, his ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!! attitude, commercial presence with him documenting his every move, AND the skins fans shoving it everyone's face non-stop last year - You go to the racist card?!?!?!?

NorCalEagle was right. Crying racism, when 99% of the reaction is based on the reasons above, make the racist claims laughable. It's the same with Obama, if you don't like the job he is doing, you are a racist. And people wonder why there is still a race issue? Believe me, it's not one sided. As I always say - If you go looking for racism, you will find it, whether it exists or not.

The best thing that can happen for RG3 is if the Redskins find a better coaching staff for him in the off-season. This guy can succeed but I've never been a fan of Shanahan, even when I enjoyed watching Elway.

I only agree with this to a point. Kyle Shanahan did a great job last year producing an offense to RG III strengths, then you throw in Morris' unexpected 1,600 yard season and a few big RG III runs, you have yourself a very potent offense that lead the league in rushing and almost scored points per game. What killed RG III was his decision making, injuries and even before that knee injury he was getting beat up.....that concussion versus the Falcons, the Ngata hit, the countless blows RG III took against St. Louis and the Bengals.....RG III has only stalled himself......the kid decided to play reckless and chose the Michael Vick road of being a game day "warrior".....well extra effort is all fine and great but look where it got Vick, nowhere. The same with RG III.....not sliding or getting out of bounds is going to catch up with this kid, and he only weighs 217 lbs.

Can RG III be great, yes I think he can but he has 2 blown out left knees and a right knee missing some parts now. Teams are blitzing him and are going to continue to blitz him so they can get their shots at him.

I hear a lot of Skins fans crying because the Shanahan's are holding him back, forcing him to be a pocket passer and they should just let RG III be RG III......okay so let him go out there and play like he did in 2012 and let's see where he ends up. I am not saying that Shanahans are good coaches, but them doing their best to keep their long term investment protected is the smartest thing for RG III right now, do Skins fans remember what the Redskins FO gave up to draft RG III?.....I know he is going to do better at getting out of bounds early but guess what, RG III has the same trait as Vick and will try to extends plays here and there - and those plays can be the ones that knock you out. It only takes one hit and RG III already has a target on his back.

The problem now is that Shanahan knows what's going to happen if he unleashes Robert like he did last year, but RG III himself wants to get back into the Pistol, Read-Option offense that made them successful, but at the same time crippled them so far this year because he is recovering from a knee injury that he himself self-inflicted by poor decision making.

Many can disagree with me here, but RG III struggles are not all on the coaches and coordinators. RG III is currently struggling because he is not healthy enough to beat the blitz yet, his throws and timing are still a tad off and the run game help from Alfred Morris is just not there. Teams are bringing the blitz and having success because RG III is not handling it well now, the same way teams have blitzed Vick since 2010 once they found out that Vick does not handle the blitz well in the pocket.

RE: RG3 - The jury is still out. He had a great rookie year, but that was also the first year the read option lit up the league, so teams will adjust. Also in that year he had to leave 3 separate football games, so one can say he just can't sustain a long career like that.

RE: Redskins offense - They are also in a tough spot. To their credit Shanahans spent a lot of time coming up with an NFL worthy read option. Now due to QB health and effectiveness they are somewhat resorting back to the same offense they ran with McNabb (and getting McNabb type performances from RG3).

RE: Costas - Love that he took his moment in primetime to continue bringing awareness to the racial slur that the word 'redskin' really is. Poor Snyder is going to lose all the royalty revenue from the name. It's gotta be like Mr. Burns realizing his money tree is dying.

I hate the Redskins but this isn't Communist Russia. You can't "force" them to change their name

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you cannot federally trademark a racial slur. So if the government (trademark commission?) concludes that it's a slur, Snyder could lose trademarking rights. That would mean anybody could legally use the Racists' logo and symbols and profit from it without the NFL or Snyder's consent. That should be enough to compell him to change the name.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you cannot federally trademark a racial slur. So if the government (trademark commission?) concludes that it's a slur, Snyder could lose trademarking rights. That would mean anybody could legally use the Racists' logo and symbols and profit from it without the NFL or Snyder's consent. That should be enough to compell him to change the name.

Yup

So the Skins 2 wins...vs Matt Flynn, who was released days after the loss and is in Buffalo now, and Josh McCown, who still kept them in a shootout. They barely beat both. Just think...if they keep playing backups all season they just might make the playoffs.

So the Skins 2 wins...vs Matt Flynn, who was released days after the loss and is in Buffalo now, and Josh McCown, who still kept them in a shootout. They barely beat both. Just think...if they keep playing backups all season they just might make the playoffs.

The way the skins fans were acting, you'd think they beat Montana and Prime time Elway in their 2 wins.

I can understand the whole "having your teammate's back" thing but how can even the other Skin's players publicly defend Meriweather's actions? :thumbsdown:

"The Redskins say that Meriweather is not the same player who drew fines of $50,000 in 2010 and $45,000 in 2011 for his hits. He was fined $42,000 for hits in a Week 2 loss at Green Bay.

"I think he is adjusting," Wilson said. "I just think everyone else is having a harder time believing he's trying to be a better player. He's not headhunting out there anymore. It's hard for people to believe he's not the same guy."

WTF??? :wacko:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9867853/washington-redskins-support-brandon-meriweather-scoff-martellus-bennett-brandon-marshall-chicago-bears

I was completely unaware of this but this really adds more to the whole Redskins name/logo debate.

When owner George Marshall had the Boston Braves name changed to the Redskins the inspiration for the change was then head coach Lone Star Dietz. Problem...Dietz throughout his life PRETENDED to be native American but in fact was a white man. This haunted the Skins for years, even into the Jack Kent Cooke era.

Marshall was also the last owner to allow black players on his team. He was widely known for his racist views and it actually took president Kennedy to get him to allow black players on the team and if he refused he wouldn't be allowed to move into their new stadium...which would eventually be known as RFK Stadium.

When Marshall died, the team deemed the logo to be too offensive therefore changing it to the spear logo ad eventually the R logo however when Jack Kent Cooke became full time owner he brought back the Indian logo. Cooke had his battles for years with native American groups, especially over the Lone Star Dietz story.

Washington Bravehearts is getting thrown around :roll:

A William Wallace logo with blue face paint :o I might just become a fan

Pissed off Broncos at home? Would be monumental, I'll be with you guys but I don't see it.

they are a bit overrated

I can understand the whole "having your teammate's back" thing but how can even the other Skin's players publicly defend Meriweather's actions? :thumbsdown:

"The Redskins say that Meriweather is not the same player who drew fines of $50,000 in 2010 and $45,000 in 2011 for his hits. He was fined $42,000 for hits in a Week 2 loss at Green Bay.

"I think he is adjusting," Wilson said. "I just think everyone else is having a harder time believing he's trying to be a better player. He's not headhunting out there anymore. It's hard for people to believe he's not the same guy."

WTF??? :wacko:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9867853/washington-redskins-support-brandon-meriweather-scoff-martellus-bennett-brandon-marshall-chicago-bears

funny u didnt say that when brian dawkins was doing the same thing back in the days

Washington Bravehearts is getting thrown around :roll:

Why not just change it back to the Braves? They started as te Boston Braves and then changed it to the Redskins. The fact that the name was changed and inspired by a phony Indian and a owner who banned black people is even worse. Change it to Braves, go back to the spear logo.

This is the man who inspired the name:

Dietz's Indian heritage was first contested in 1916 after former neighbors who settled on the Pacific Coast heard he was posing as an Indian. In December 1918 the Federal Bureau of Investigation looked into his heritage after he fraudulently registered for the draft as a "Non-Citizen Indian" with an allotment. The Bureau found he had taken on the identity of James One Star, an Oglala man of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation 12 years his senior who had disappeared in 1894. Dietz also falsely claimed he was the head of an American film company that produced propaganda films for the war

they are a bit overrated

The Redskins barely beat the Matt Flynn led Raiders and Josh McCown led Bears. 2 wins this season...both close ones over teams with backups. Flynn was released a few days later too.

McCown vs. Skins

119.6 QB rating, 14/20, 70.0 comp %, 204 yards, 1td/0int

Manning is going to dismantle your defense.

The Redskins barely beat the Matt Flynn led Raiders and Josh McCown led Bears. 2 wins this season...both close ones over teams with backups. Flynn was released a few days later too.

McCown vs. Skins

119.6 QB rating, 14/20, 70.0 comp %, 204 yards, 1td/0int

Manning is going to dismantle your defense.

you are missing the big picture.....rg3 is back to his 2012 level ....5 weeks ago i would agree that broncos will demolish the skins but not anymore....it will be a fg game

You've been saying that every week :unsure:

actually i said we will be back when rg3 is back

I was completely unaware of this but this really adds more to the whole Redskins name/logo debate.

When owner George Marshall had the Boston Braves name changed to the Redskins the inspiration for the change was then head coach Lone Star Dietz. Problem...Dietz throughout his life PRETENDED to be native American but in fact was a white man. This haunted the Skins for years, even into the Jack Kent Cooke era.

Marshall was also the last owner to allow black players on his team. He was widely known for his racist views and it actually took president Kennedy to get him to allow black players on the team and if he refused he wouldn't be allowed to move into their new stadium...which would eventually be known as RFK Stadium.

When Marshall died, the team deemed the logo to be too offensive therefore changing it to the spear logo ad eventually the R logo however when Jack Kent Cooke became full time owner he brought back the Indian logo. Cooke had his battles for years with native American groups, especially over the Lone Star Dietz story.

Ive been beating this drum for a long, long time. GPM was a horrible racist and its even rumored some of his public trusts have a clause not to benifit black people regardless of merit.

Did you also know the NFL was integrated BEFORE GPM took over the franchise? After his first year he instituted a "Gentlemans agreement" that banned black players from the nfl. The fanchise history of racisim runs deep. GPM in the Hall of Fame is a disgrace.

But I digress, everything you stated is 100% true and makes it all the more comical when washington fans pretend their name is an honor to Native Americans.