gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Yea i agree....rg3 needs this offseason to really think....dude is full of himself....I am beginning to hate the guy but ill still support him because thats my QB (T.O's voice *sniff*)....he still young...he will grow out of it...i hope.

Rg3 being called out like the immature selfish child that he is! By vet teammates no less!

Love it! Well deserved!

Yea i agree....rg3 needs this offseason to really think....dude is full of himself....I am beginning to hate the guy but ill still support him because thats my QB (T.O's voice *sniff*)....he still young...he will grow out of it...i hope.

Well that didn't take long :roll:

Did foles tear his knees...or am I missing something?.NO...did foles had the offseason to work on some things he sucked at last season....YES!

No he didn't tear hi knee and has never suffered a serious injury, so durability is just another area where he's the superior player.

did foles had the offseason to work on some things he sucked at last season....YES!

Unlike bob he didn't "suck" throwing from the pocket last season, or ever really, but he did have to spend his offseason learning a completely new offense.

So even though bob couldn't get on the practice field as much maybe he obviously should have spent that time in the film room with the coaches trying to master the offense and learning how to read defenses instead of ho'ing himself out to every endorsement deal available, making a documentary and writing a book about how awesome he's going to be after just 1 season. :roll:

If hes saying it you can guarantee there's more in the locker room thinking it. Ordinarily espn is awful, but this is what the league thinks of rg3 right now:

http://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2459789

ps. when rg3 said that "no one was open" on the last play, he's wrong. Helu (running an option route) is in fact open, and every player on the team can see that on film. That's why they're calling out rg3

Good link.

When HOF'er Green calls out the young whipper-snapper, trouble is a-brewing in R-word land... :lol:

Good link.

When HOF'er Green calls out the young whipper-snapper, trouble is a-brewing in R-word land... :lol:

Dawk said on Mike&Mike, when he heard RGIII's post game presser, he cringed. Because 2 things RGIII said he didn't like, 1.) that there were no WR's open and 2.) that there was pressure and didn't want to take a sack. He said he threw his WR's and O-Line under the bus.

I found Pastor troy on youtube there's 3 of him

:lol:

Somebody needs to call Children's Services on these people... that's child abuse making those kids sing that horrible song.

No he didn't tear hi knee and has never suffered a serious injury, so durability is just another area where he's the superior player.

Unlike bob he didn't "suck" throwing from the pocket last season, or ever really, but he did have to spend his offseason learning a completely new offense.

So even though bob couldn't get on the practice field as much maybe he obviously should have spent that time in the film room with the coaches trying to master the offense and learning how to read defenses instead of ho'ing himself out to every endorsement deal available, making a documentary and writing a book about how awesome he's going to be after just 1 season. :roll:

I didn't know that chump wrote a book... WTF?

:roll: at The R-Word.

(Thanks SamEagleFan)

I am so tempted to write an amazon review to the tune of:

A slow starter that picks up steam, but broke down before I finished

After watching RGIII in college, you could imagine my excitement for his debut book! Such a dynamic player, one would imagine this book would be the perfect fit for anyones collection. So as soon as this book became available, I pulled the trigger, paying 3 times as much in both book and shipping cost to insure this book was part of my collection. Once the book arrived, my book collection went from an aging, below average library to one of youth and promise.

I have to admit, the book started slow and I almost gave up on it, but the second half really picked up steam. Over the final several chapters, it was one winner after another. However, when I got to the epilogue, the glue in the spine of the book gave way and pages fell out all over the place, leaving me wondering if after all the money I spent if in hindsight this book was a sound investment

Yea playing playing against a green bay defense without clay matthews doesnt count....the skin defense doesnt count....bwahaha at the giants...everybody carve up the raiders defense

So what defense does he have to play to get you to say he played a top defense? Or will you just laugh at his next bad game regardless of opponent, and say either he sucked against a good defense or choked against a bad defense? But if he plays well against a good defense, you won't call them good unless Foles plays bad?

That about it?

Dave Sheinin, sports reporter for The Washington Post, presented his book on Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, "RGIII, The Promise," at the National Press Club Aug. 21.

The book project began as a biography of a talented, intelligent man who is both an academic and sports achiever with a magnetic personality, but the story “changed directions in a big way,” said the author, when RGIII suffered a knee injury while playing at the end of last football season. The book is many other things, though “...also about the culture of violence in football and where Robert fit into that.” “The knee injury made the arc of the book deeper and richer in some ways,” explained Sheinin.

“The culture of violence in football became the narrative thread that kind of tied together the rest of the story” of the young man from Texas with roots in New Orleans, Sheinin said. The thread, sparked with a pinky finger promise RGIII made to his mother not to get hurt playing ball as a youngster, brings to light a recurring issue in football - the players’ health during and after their short-lived careers, the author said.

Sheinin began the book last year in March, which he indicated was “what wound up saving him” because all access dried up after the controversial knee injury at the end of the season. When asked if he made the publisher’s deadline, Shenin responded, “I did. I’m a first time author and I guess that’s like a rookie mistake. I was sort of ridiculed for making my deadline,” as the audience chuckled.

Dave Sheinin stressed that RGIII did not suddenly become a phenomenon when stepping onto the Redskin's field. Robert “had four major commercial campaigns nationwide airing before he took his first snap, so it’s not the creation of the media,” he said.

The writer continued, “the question for me became, what is the ceiling for him? What is the precedent for him as sport icon? ...It is very rare to find someone...(with) all those qualities. You rarely see all of them in one person.” Sheinin attributes much of RGIII’s success to the “great parenting” he received.

Sheinin responded to a question whether RGIII can still fulfill part of being great if he cannot play any more: “The answer is, he has to win. If we are talking Jordan caliber or Ali caliber, which I think he could be...to get to that level you’re going to have to...win a couple of titles.”

The knee injury debate, whether or not RGIII should play and how the team management and RGIII should decide, prevailed as a dominant topic throughout the book presentation. The author described Robert Griffin III as having “incredible drive, competitiveness and it may be his fatal flaw.”

“There is so much public pressure and scrutiny on Shanahan and the way they handle this, that Robert fears that they are going to let that dictate when he comes back, as opposed to - when he is ready. I think that tears him up,” Sheinin said.

“The thing that we still need to see if he’s learned is how to protect himself,” he continued. “He’s gotta learn. That, to me, is the most fascinating story line in 2013. Can he get down, can he pull himself back?”

Asked about the kind of team the Redskins will have this season, Dave Sheinin responded that the Redskins offense “ought to be maybe the best in the NFL. Then, it’s just a question of - can the defense do its part?”

Referring to sports writing, the author stated: “There’s probably better sport writing now than ever, it’s not all being done on newspapers. There are five or six nationwide sports websites: ESPN.com; Yahoo; CBS Sportsline; Fox Sports, I mean there are so many outlets now, so sports writing is not dead, this might be the greatest it's ever been.”

Wow - no wonder RG-Me-Me-Me has such an ego.

Seems like Sheinin was really enraptured with the young prince...

1366921055-11682_prince-1979.jpg

I've read the Washington Post articles post game, and Griffin admitted that the Eagles knew most of their plays before the snap. Donovan would NEVER say that. There is hope to save RGIII's soul. Though I don't want to save him. From my POV, it's great Billy Davis can do to another team what many have done to Andy Reid's Eagles offense since 2006.

Only 2006? Pats were calling out the plays in the superbowl. Talk of Carolina and Tampa knowing what was coming as well in the NFCC games, long before that.

Yea if he didn't suck...how come guys in the TATE were clamoring for vick to start...because he fits in chip kellys offense so well.....now that foles has a lil bit of success...he is the next best thing since pumpkin pie

You realize that means banning you, right?

Don't make go jackie chan on you money mike :P

Yea if he didn't suck...how come guys in the TATE are clamoring for vick to start...because he fits in chip kellys offense so well.....now that foles has a lil bit of success...he is the next best thing since pumpkin pie

You saw people calling for Vick to start, because they are Vick fans and not Eagles fans. Most of them will be gone when Vick is gone at the end of the season. There are some who are both Vick and Eagles fans, and they thought the Chip Kelly offense was going to rejuvenate his career. Most knew what we had in Vick, and wanted foles/barkley to play this season to see what we have in them, going into next years draft.

It's not that difficult to understand one's motivations.

B.S

You saw people calling for Vick to start, because they are Vick fans and not Eagles fans. Most of them will be gone when Vick is gone at the end of the season. There are some who are both Vick and Eagles fans, and they thought the Chip Kelly offense was going to rejuvenate his career. Most knew what we had in Vick, and wanted foles/barkley to play this season to see what we have in them, going into next years draft.

It's not that difficult to understand one's motivations.

how long after nick foles start sucking when he plays real defense before you guys start clamoring to draft a qb

B.S

The awkward moment when you realize that not only does your QB suck, but he is kind of an a-hole too.

B.S

how long after nick foles start sucking when he plays real defense before you guys start clamoring to draft a qb

You don't think defenders aren't thinking the same thing Dawk was saying? You're delusional if you don't, because defenders have been absolutely teeing off on him this year.

Once again you prove you know **** about this game, 2 top 10 defenses (Bucs/Raiders) and another that was in the top 15 (Packers 12th ranked) Foles will finish out the season, the evaluation process will take place, it makes sense to keep for next, so we can fill the holes we have defensively. Don't get jelly because we might have a franchise QB in the making, that we didn't mortgage the farm for.

Before you say "but but but it was the Raiders and Bucs." The Redskins didn't put up the offensive numbers the Eagles did, against that very same defense. Bucs went into Seattle and damn near upset the Seahawks, they hung with them. I also don't want to hear "but but but the Packers didn't have this player or that player." We have no control over that either way, all we can do is go in there and take care of business, that's exactly what we did.

You're also assuming Foles will be turrible going down the stretch, could it possibly be, we just happened to have found a really good player in the 3rd round? Of course I should have known better than to ask that, he's not Cam Newton, RGIII, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick or Jameis Winston.