gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

They have really dumbed down the offensive system now that Bob isn't a running threat. The WR screens, that accounted for 1/2 of his completions on Monday, are a joke in the NFL . You run at most 3 in a game, yet they ran it like 10-15 times. Defenses laugh at that ish. Yet that is the gameplan being thrown out there. Some of it is because they don't really want him running. But the rest is because they don't want/think he can make a good decision with more than one read - you know more than he ran at Baylor.

The more options they give him, the more INTs, bad throws and passes to Moss, while others were open, at the end of the Eagles game. Mix in his sense of entitlement, that he thinks he knows more than the coaches, him wanting to change what the coaches show to the team, etc... and you have a train wreck in motion, in DC.

"Incredibly awkward" went the description...

the-washington-redskins-had-an-incredibly-awkward-tribute-to-native-american-veterans.jpg

There's an article that should go with the picture:

A leader of the Navajo Code Talkers who appeared at a Washington Redskins home football game said Wednesday the team name is a symbol of loyalty and courage -- not a slur as asserted by critics who want it changed.

Roy Hawthorne, 87, of Lupton, Ariz., was one of four Code Talkers honored for their service in World War II during the Monday night game against the San Francisco 49ers.

Hawthorne, vice president of the Navajo Code Talkers Association, said the group's trip was paid for by the Redskins. The four men met briefly with team owner Dan Snyder but did not discuss the name, Hawthorne said.

Still, he said he would endorse the name if asked, and the televised appearance in which three of the Indians wore Redskins jackets spoke for itself.

"We didn't have that in mind but that is undoubtedly what we did do," Hawthorne said when asked if he was intending to send a statement with the appearance. "My opinion is that's a name that not only the team should keep, but that's a name that's American."

Monday night's brief, on-field ceremony came as some Indians and civil rights leaders wage a "Change the Mascot" campaign that targets the term redskins as a racial epithet.

The Navajos' appearance drew heated comments from both sides on social media, including assertions that the Code Talkers were being used as props in a public relations stunt meant to deflect criticism over the name.

Jacqueline Pata, head of the National Congress of American Indians, called the appearance "a political play rather than a heartfelt recognition of the Code Talkers."

Pata, a member of the Tlingit Tribe of Alaska, said she reveres the Code Talkers for the work they have done but added that people often fail to recognize that the origins of the term redskin date to a period when Indians faced efforts to annihilate their culture.

"We were outlawed during that same period the mascot was created from practicing our own religion and our own cultures," she said. "That term is associated with getting rid of the Indians."

Snyder has called the team name and mascot a "badge of honor." The name dates to the team's first years in Boston in the 1930s and has survived numerous outside efforts to change it. The team has been in the Washington, D.C., area since 1937.

Redskins Senior Vice President Tony Wyllie said there was no truth to suggestions that the Code Talkers were used to bolster the team's resistance to a new name.

"They're American heroes, and they deserved recognition," he said.

Also attending Monday's game were Code Talkers President Peter MacDonald Sr., George Willie Sr. and George James Sr.

The Navajo Code Talkers used codes derived from their native language to shield military communications from interception by Japanese troops. Hawthorne said there are now about 30 surviving Code Talkers.

The trip to Washington was the second this month for Hawthorne, who last week joined Code Talkers from other tribes who received Congressional Gold Medals for the role they played in World War I and World War II. Members of the Navajo were recognized in 2000.

The Navajo are perhaps the best known of the Code Talkers, but the Defense Department says the program began in 1918 and at its peak included more than 400 Indians who used 33 dialects to make their codes indecipherable.

I wish nothing but the best of health for Snyder.

I want him running that team into the shoddy turf for the next 40 years.

I also want Shanahan back next year.

Can they trade Cousins and sign McNabb to be backup?

Top 3 pick goes to the Rams. They could draft Mariota, Bridgewater or Clowney with that pick or if Bradford is healthy they can flip this pick again to some dope team for multiple picks.

Although I doubt any team would be as stupid as the R-Words to give up 2 first and 2nd + flip their 1st.

RG3-8 now?

That being said, dude still has insane talent. Needs better protection, play calling, and more self-evaluation, though.

I was just saying how the comparison between him and Foles is the perfect illustration as to why athletic talent isn't the be all end all of the QB position. Foles is not an especially gifted athlete but is performing at such a high level because of his great decision making. RG3 is as gifted of an athlete as you can find but hasn't been a good QB this year. Its why I can't agree with the people who think the offense will automatically get even better if we get a more athletic QB to run it. There's no guarantee that any of the guys next year despite being more athletic than Foles can handle the mental aspect of the game as well as he has.

RG3 really needs to look in the mirror for who's to blame for this year. Sure the injury has had an effect but he can't use that as an excuse. He can't just think that taking the brace off will be a cure all. Or not because this meltdown of the chosen savior of the NFL is fun to watch.

don u never give up huh

This is so much sweeter because R-Word fans have basically been shut up. Your prediction might be right, just in reverse 3-13.

don u never give up huh

Why would we give up? You R-word fans have been beating your chests for nothing the entire offseason. If anything this is mearly payment coming due.

The best part about this situation is that your own team has shut you up. The group you were so willing to make crazy expectations over has been so pathetic that you actually want to avoid football conversations all together.

You did this to yourself Pastor. Go back and read some of your predictions. You were so cocky in how much better your team is while ignoring that the NFL is, if anything, a league of parity. Anyway, you can't complain about eating crow when you ordered 7 tons of it.

Why would we give up? You R-word fans have been beating your chests for nothing the entire offseason. If anything this is mearly payment coming due.

The best part about this situation is that your own team has shut you up. The group you were so willing to make crazy expectations over has been so pathetic that you actually want to avoid football conversations all together.

You did this to yourself Pastor. Go back and read some of your predictions. You were so cocky in how much better your team is while ignoring that the NFL is, if anything, a league of parity. Anyway, you can't complain about eating crow when you ordered 7 tons of it.

I am sure after the year Michael Vick had in 2010....expectations were high for you eagles fans...its no different than my predictions earlier this year...now that foles is playing well...expectations are again high for you guys...Im sure in the offseason you guys will be talking super bowl with foles leading the way....

I am sure after the year Michael Vick had in 2010....expectations were high for you eagles fans...its no different than my predictions earlier this year...now that foles is playing well...expectations are again high for you guys...Im sure in the offseason you guys will be talking super bowl with foles leading the way....

He only had a handful of games in 2010, not the entire season. Vick was, is and always will be, what most of us know he is. A highlight reel player, that at times makes poor decisions with the football who can't stay healthy.

No one should be talking Super Bowl. For as well as the Eagles have played, there are still a lot of holes on the defensive side of the ball. We'll see how the rest of this season plays out, then FA and the draft. As it stands right now and going into this offseason, my expectations aren't Super Bowl for the 2014 season.

He only had a handful of games in 2010, not the entire season. Vick was, is and always will be, what most of us know he is. A highlight reel player, that at times makes poor decisions with the football who can't stay healthy.

No one should be talking Super Bowl. For as well as the Eagles have played, there are still a lot of holes on the defensive side of the ball. We'll see how the rest of this season plays out, then FA and the draft. As it stands right now and going into this offseason, my expectations aren't Super Bowl for the 2014 season.

Well there is nothing wrong having high hopes for your team....the injury really slowed rg3...but then it exposed a gashing hole in the team....hopefully will be fixed in the offseason.....now that the cap fiasco is over....i expect london fletcher to retire....brian orakpo leave to free agency...he sucks.....get in some young bloods in there....fix the OL and get some receivers....next year will be different don...you can bookmark it

:huh: Vick wasn't dealing with an injury during the off season after 2010. You thought RG3 was AP. Everyone said you shouldn't compare RG3 to AP. The doctor didn't help I guess. He hyped up RG3's recovery a lot

Well there is nothing wrong having high hopes for your team....the injury really slowed rg3...but then it exposed a gashing hole in the team....hopefully will be fixed in the offseason.....now that the cap fiasco is over....i expect london fletcher to retire....brian orakpo leave to free agency...he sucks.....get in some young bloods in there....fix the OL and get some receivers....next year will be different don...you can bookmark it

the problem with the OL is partially on RG3. It was the same for Vick earlier this year. He was getting killed each play because the OL was individually guessing where Mike was and couldn't operate as a unit. In steps Foles and all of a sudden they can pass block.

:roll:

You mean like 13-3 this year?

How do you suppose the R-Words fill all the holes they have? You can't buy your way to a championship. How many times will Daniel Snyder touch the burner before he realizes it's hot? The R-Words have tried this approach, they've failed, miserably, I might add.

It has to be done the way the 49ers and Seahawks are doing it. They've drafted well as of late, then added a few pieces in FA. Adderall also helps ;)

:huh: Vick wasn't dealing with an injury during the off season after 2010. You thought RG3 was AP. Everyone said you shouldn't compare RG3 to AP. The doctor didn't help I guess. He hyped up RG3's recovery a lot

Yea dr andrews is a joke...when a guy says he is ready...who are we to question him...he knows his own body....this all part of the humble pie that rg3 is eating right now...mr super hero

the problem with the OL is partially on RG3. It was the same for Vick earlier this year. He was getting killed each play because the OL was individually guessing where Mike was and couldn't operate as a unit. In steps Foles and all of a sudden they can pass block.

The OL wasnt a major problem last year.....all of a sudden it is now...

:roll:

You mean like 13-3 this year?

How do you suppose the R-Words fill all the holes they have? You can't buy your way to a championship. How many times will Daniel Snyder touch the burner before he realizes it's hot? The R-Words have tried this approach, they've failed, miserably, I might add.

It has to be done the way the 49ers and Seahawks are doing it. They've drafted well as of late, then added a few pieces in FA. Adderall also helps ;)

We are set in the most important position....the qb....now we just need to spend money in free agency like the eagles did during the dream team era :lol:....but we will spend wise....on better players.

We are set in the most important position....the qb....now we just need to spend money in free agency like the eagles did during the dream team era :lol:....but we will spend wise....on better players.

you're a fan of the redskins, right?