gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Skins looking for the next Foles in Cousins? Moving away from the Mike Vick style of play of RGknee????

RGME will also be inactive, Dan Patrick was saying someone he talked to yesterday told him, they planned on shutting RGME down for the rest of the season. Not really a big deal there, only 3 games left and people kind of expected it.

Skins looking for the next Foles in Cousins? Moving away from the Mike Vick style of play of RGknee????

I dunno. Moving away from your young "franchise QB" in his sophomore season (while recovering from ACL) is a bit different from benching Vick.

But, always happy to see Redskins in turmoil.

Adam Schefter is reporting that this move is about Cousins running the offense better than RGIII.

ESPN is reporting that RGIII will not even be traveling with the team to Atlanta.

I initially thought that this move was an attempt to piss off Dan Snyder, but the more I read about it the more I think that Shanahan just believes Cousin is a better choice right now.

I was reading on the skins board and someone had mentioned and tied together the McNabb and RGIII trades. I'd kind of forgotten about the McNabb trade, seeing the two trades together, it is absolutely absurd how many resources the skins have thrown at the QB position since Shanahan was hired. If the skins manage to ruin RGIII's potential, and I believe they will, that is a huge fail by Shanahan and by Snyder ultimately.

"This entire team and organization looks to have taken that extra step needed to become an elite team, and they are showing it each week"

:roll: I've been enjoying every minute of it for 15 weeks!!!

"i can't wait to see how this season pans out, & i've been extremely judicious in my praise for this team"

:lol: How's the season going so far?

"I haven't seen an inspired Redskins team like this in 22 years"

:roll: Even the coach gave up and tanked the season. His pressers were real inspirational!

"TheDan is looser and more sociable, Mike "I'll break it off in your a** if I have to!" Shanahan is crackin' jokes during pressers"

:roll: Shanny wasn't crackin' jokes in his presser yesterday when he said he was gonna break it off in RGMe's arse and bench him!!!

"During the 4th quarter, Doc Walker commented that our starters were all in the sidelines, watching the game, shouting encouragement at the kids on the field.

(During the MNF game, there was a sideline interview with RG3, and he kept turning his head away from the interview, to watch the play on the field. In like the 3rd quarter.)

Struck me as another sign that we have a TEAM, here"

:roll: I think RGMe was looking over his shoulder cringing at the fact that Kirk might take his job!

"During the 4th quarter, Doc Walker commented that our starters were all in the sidelines, watching the game, shouting encouragement at the kids on the field.

(During the MNF game, there was a sideline interview with RG3, and he kept turning his head away from the interview, to watch the play on the field. In like the 3rd quarter.)

:roll: I think RGMe was looking over his shoulder cringing at the fact that Kirk might take his job!

:lol:

That is so typical ES. They put their team so high on a pedestal, that little things THAT EVERY TEAM DOES seems special to them. Because, you know, DC is the only team that watches the game from the sidelines after their preseason shift is over. Every other team just heads back to the locker room when they are done. :rolleyes:

I still remember some D-bag started a thread how they had the greatest helemet ever! On each side, its not two feathers but four! FOUR!

I think this has played a role in Griffins regression this year, he knows that Cousins stepped in and provided the same spark that he himself provided to the fans. I don't care what starting QB's say, if the back-up shows good signs, the starting QB starts to worry, especially in Griffins case because his health is unpredictable with his style of play.

Something is to be made of Shanny drafting Cousins in the same draft as Griffin. Why would you draft at that same position knowing the defensive holes you have and knowing what you just gave up for Griffin? Two QB's getting drafted in the same draft that close to each other has only happened like 4 other times in NFL history. I say it's because Shanny wanted Cousins and Griffin was Snyder's choice, Griffin was forced on Shanny and I stick to this theory.

It sounds like Shanahan's relationship with Snyder was never at ease and never was "good"......these guys have been having a back and forth pissing match for a while now.

Honestly whenever watching Kirk Cousins press conferences, the guy sounds like he should be the franchise QB

He has a very calm demeanor, very level headed, and has poise.

Unfortunately for the Skins, they ultimately will have to trade Cousins for as high a pick they can get. There's no way that Cousins can play really good and stay there.

I've definitely observed the same, fans of every team can be a little absurd, but skins fans take their homer-ism and lunacy to a new level. The other thing they'll do, is spin some conspiracy theory to explain how something negative that happened was actually on purpose. In the preseason thread, some guy postulated that their poor performance against the Eagles might have been Shanahan saving all his best plays to use against better teams. Yeah buddy, save all your best plays for non-division games... makes sense.

It might be a sampling bias thing though. I mean, any skins fan with two brain cells to rub together probably stopped hoping and caring many years ago. It's borderline delusional to hold any hope as long as Snyder owns that team.

I think this has played a role in Griffins regression this year, he knows that Cousins stepped in and provided the same spark that he himself provided to the fans. I don't care what starting QB's say, if the back-up shows good signs, the starting QB starts to worry, especially in Griffins case because his health is unpredictable with his style of play.

Something is to be made of Shanny drafting Cousins in the same draft as Griffin. Why would you draft at that same position knowing the defensive holes you have and knowing what you just gave up for Griffin? Two QB's getting drafted in the same draft that close to each other has only happened like 4 other times in NFL history. I say it's because Shanny wanted Cousins and Griffin was Snyder's choice, Griffin was forced on Shanny and I stick to this theory.

It sounds like Shanahan's relationship with Snyder was never at ease and never was "good"......these guys have been having a back and forth pissing match for a while now.

The sad part about it is what they gave up. That trade set them back a few years when they could've just held their position and STILL draft their QB like they potentially have in Cousins. I'm just glad they didn't take Wilson. I don't think Shanny wanted RG3rd-string either.

Gotta wonder if RG3 was a Dan Snyder choice and Kirk Cousins was a Shanahan choice because to this day I'm baffled they chose Cousins after drafting Griffin

RGME will also be inactive, Dan Patrick was saying someone he talked to yesterday told him, they planned on shutting RGME down for the rest of the season. Not really a big deal there, only 3 games left and people kind of expected it.

There'd be a lot less sturm und drang if they'd just I.R. RGIII.

The sad part about it is what they gave up. That trade set them back a few years when they could've just held their position and STILL draft their QB like they potentially have in Cousins. I'm just glad they didn't take Wilson. I don't think Shanny wanted RG3rd-string either.

Sad? Damn bro your too nice, I hate the effing Skins and I am glad to see them laying in their own poo.

In all reality, I know what you meant.......

Gotta wonder if RG3 was a Dan Snyder choice and Kirk Cousins was a Shanahan choice because to this day I'm baffled they chose Cousins after drafting Griffin

That's what the latest reports/rumors coming out say.

Snyder wanted RG3 and was willing to do whatever it took to get him (and did).

Shanny wanted to stay put because he liked Tannehill and Cousins as a mid-round prospect.

I hate to say it because I'm no fan of Shanahan but they'd probably be in a much better position if they followed his plan.

This move is more of a finger to Snyder and I think Shanny wants to show him what they could have done which will probably piss of Snyder even more because he won't like being shown up.

I also now have to question what exactly went down between Shanny and the Raiders back in the day. All I know is he was fired and they withheld his pay afterwards and he stayed pissed at them and liked beating up on them when he coached the Broncos. I wonder if he played the same kind of games with Davis to get himself fired and get paid and Davis said F you I know what your game is.

That's what the latest reports/rumors coming out say.

Snyder wanted RG3 and was willing to do whatever it took to get him (and did).

Shanny wanted to stay put because he liked Tannehill and Cousins as a mid-round prospect.

I hate to say it because I'm no fan of Shanahan but they'd probably be in a much better position if they followed his plan.

This is why a lot of Washington fans are now realizing that Shanny may not have had the best record or success here in Washington, but he an his son might not have been the BIG problem that every Skins fan is making it out to be.

Shanahan wanted a pocket passing QB that could be coached while Snyder wanted a Highlight Reel QB that would fill the stands and sell a lot of jerseys.