gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

The last time the Skins were somewhat competitive was when the had the Old Ball Coach Joe Gibbs.

Spurrier was the Ol' Ball Coach. They were competive last year even though it was flukish.

Skins looking for the next Foles in Cousins? Moving away from the Mike Vick style of play of RGknee????

They must have read where Cousins was ahead of Foles when they both played at NH. So they may be thinking that way...given how Foles has developed.

There'd be a lot less sturm und drang if they'd just I.R. RGIII.

Sturm und drang....well well well...looks like we got ourselves a college boy.

It will at least 5 years before they're competitive again.

and RGME will be on his way out

Chances of the R-words and/or Cowboys following the Eagles example and hiring a college coach not realizing that Chip is unique?

Snyder will chase some big named coach again, don't be surprised to hear Cowher and Gruden pop up, even though they say they are staying at CBS & the mothership

The redskins will offer Saban $12Mil/per with GM powers. Book it

Lol that would be hilarious

But I also feel like it will be a college coach that Snyder goes after. It wouldn't be a surprise if it were Briles.

Lol that would be hilarious

But I also feel like it will be a college coach that Snyder goes after. It wouldn't be a surprise if it were Briles.

yeah RGME wants Briles

Spurrier was the Ol' Ball Coach. They were competive last year even though it was flukish.

I was going to say the same thing

No, Gibbs is older.

It's not about age, it's a nickname.

Like if all of the sudden, Eagles fans started calling Cooper or Jackson "Megatron" or if Eagles fans decided to name Freddie Mitchell's 4th & 26 catch "The Immaculate Reception" or if some other team opted to use the nickname "The Greatest Show on Turf".

It will at least 5 years before they're competitive again.

Why, is Danny boy getting rid of the team at that point?

Remember how Shanahan was the savior and McNabb was going to be his Elway2.0?

Those were fun times.

Except it was Danny who wanted McNabb, not Shanahan. "Second verse, same as the first". Bruce Allen is nothing but a shill GM like tool Vinny Cerrato. Jerry Jones, and Daniel Snyder deserve to form their own league. No coaches, just ego owner, vs. ego owner. The Redskins gave away the store for one player. Yet here's this Cousins QB (*cough* Foles), who plays well in the NFL. I hate the Redskins, so this does not make me weep. It's one thing to have a coach for 14 years who grifts his owner until it's really over. It's another to have an owner who grifts the GM, HC, players, and fans. Eagle fans knew a man like that, his name was Norman Braman.

Snyder is all out for profit. RGIII was promoted (despite his double ligament surgery), as the future of the Redskins. Snyder has been making money by the ton since 1999. He's all about flash, and profit. To credit Lurie, I think he means well.

To those Skins' fans who remember Jack Kent Cooke, this crushes their souls. JKC hired qualified people, and just watched games from his box at RFK stadium.

It's fourteen years later, and Daniel Snyder will never change, as long as the "suckers" keep buying tickets. Back when RFK stadium was the 56,000 seat home of the Redskins, it would take creating a diamond from your backside to get a ticket if you were a fan of the visiting team. Today, when Dallas, NY, Philly play vs. the Redskins at Fed-EX, the bottom section is filled with non Redskin fans. That NEVER happened under Jack Kent Cooke. Sure you had a handful of fans who were lucky from the other team. It's as if Snyder doesn't care, as long as the ticket price the visiting fan paid goes into his wallet.

Snyder is the Donald Trump of NFL owners. He pays a lot of money to be noticed, not to win championships.

Without looking, wasn't that the one they destroyed us something like, 35-3?

Found it, 42-0.... worse then I remember :lol: (was on a golf trip with my dad during that game, was probably tanked before kick off). Check out that sexy box score. Here are our pass\rush\receiving leaders :roll:

Detmer 84 Moats 26 Smith 46

oh yeah, that is the one that made the Reid fans rub themselves raw over how dominant Mahe was as a returner. He had three big retuns that day as the Seahags were laughing their arses off at us. The Reid fans took that blown up return average of Mahe and proclaimed him a "weapon".

Gawd I hate numbnuts Reid fans.

Gotta wonder if RG3 was a Dan Snyder choice and Kirk Cousins was a Shanahan choice because to this day I'm baffled they chose Cousins after drafting Griffin

As I posted later, Snyder did his best to blow up the front office he hired. Snyder drafted RGIII while giving away the future for three seasons. I hope Jeff Lurie is watching what many morons want in 2014 for the Eagles to draft another mobile NFL QB wannabe, when Andy Reid's third round pick 2012 will suffice, if not better than any rookie college QB.

The Redskins have a QB who can be good on the roster. Unfortunately, he's white and stands in the pocket. Joe Gibbs used to love those QB's. They won SB's. Not to mention Joe Gibbs won with an African American QB who stood in the pocket behind a great OL, his name was Doug Williams. Danny is all about flash, promotion, and false prophet.

TBH, I have to question Shanahan's coaching talent. It seems an awfully lot like he's trying to fit the QB to his system rather than fit the system to the QB's talent. Jake Plummer was vocal about it, and so was Donovan when he got there. RG3 was successful because Shanahan implemented the Baylor offense his first year, but switched over to his passing system and RG3 failed terribly this year.

You can make an argument, "well what Elway?" but he was the probably the most prolific passer in his time and pretty idiot-proof. Rex Grossman? He was serviceable and just happy he was starting.

The upcoming QB draft class is looking to be not what people thought. With some guys staying in school and then other guys not playing well, I'd certainly take a long look at Cousins.

Maybe the Browns will make a trade for Cousins.

yeah RGME wants Briles

Briles isn't leaving Baylor, not this off-season anyway...

http://www.cbssports...ontract-to-2023

I could see the Skins getting a defensive head coach and hiring Phil Montgomery, RG3's Baylor OC, to run the offense. Same as what the Colts just did with Luck.

http://www.baylorbea...y_philip00.html

How bad is this redskins mess? My brother in law who is a skins fan told me the other night that there were skins fans on twitter going at it, literally saying they would meet up at the Dallas game and fight. Skins vs skins. LOL

If Shanahan(s) are looking for get paid next year to go fishing, this may help though it does say that Snyder agrees with Shanahan.

http://www.nfl.com/n...extremely-angry

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III put on a brave face during Wednesday's news conference announcing his benching, but it's now clear that he's more than just confused by coachMike Shanahan's decision to pull the plug on his season.

Appearing on Thursday's edition of "NFL Total Access Kickoff," NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said that Griffin is, in fact, "extremely angry" to be shut down for health reasons.

And it turns out, owner Daniel Snyder was actually "receptive" to Shanahan's idea of preserving the franchise quarterback to ensure a full offseason, NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said.

The fissure between head coach and owner originated when Snyder surrendered a "king's ransom" for the opportunity to draft Griffin, Silver reported. Contrary to previous speculation, Snyder -- not Shanahan -- was the "impetus" behind the blockbuster trade, per Silver.

That dynamic between quarterback and owner has led to a lack of trust between Shanahan and Griffin.

Despite what Shanahan has said publicly, Silver's sources affirm that the coach switched quarterbacks for performance reasons. Shanahan didn't believe he could maintain credibility in the locker room if he continued to start a struggling Griffin.

Sources close to the

Redskins' coaching staff tell Rapoport that the coaches believe they will be fired, but there's been no official determination from the organization. At this point, they want to be cut loose so they can be "put out of their misery," Rapoport said.

Shanahan will not resign, however. "He's not going to be walking away from the

Washington Redskins with nothing less than the $7 million due next year," Rapoport said.

Although the final three games will amount to an audition for

Kirk Cousins, Redskins fans shouldn't expect the backup to draw a first-round draft pick in 2014. Six general managers canvassed by Rapoport agreed that Cousins was more likely to fetch a second-rounder. At least half of those general managers don't believe the team will part with their inexpensive Griffin insurance, regardless.

The most likely scenario is Griffin and Cousins will be back in their customary roles for 2014 under a new coaching staff.

The major factor that will set back the Washington Redkins is RG III, and I mean the fact that this guy is not going to transition into an NFL Pocket Paser, sorry Skins fans stop getting your hopes up. You drafted an athletic QB with a cannon for an arm that made his money by making huge plays with his legs. Washington does not even have to look far to see what we went through with Vick, Vick had the potential to kill you with his legs, he had a cannon for an arm but most of all Vick just could not make the right reads and progressions like a typical pocket passer because he never did this, and where has that gotten Vick in his career? Pro-Bowls but not winnign seasons and play-off oppurtunities. RG III is the same mold as Vick, almost to a "T"......This time last year I thought that RG III would be better than Vick but now I am convinced that RG III will be nothing more than Vick was and is now. A QB that will eventually be set back by nagging injuries becasue he takes too many hits because this is just the type of player and the type of style that he does, were talking about a QB that openly admitted to "baiting" players near the sideline to get flags thrown haha.....I mean how dumb are you to admit taking big hits but oh by the way I do it so we can get 15 yards.

Snyder is set on "building" around RG III well then great, Snyder is an idiot for an owner anyway so I wouldn't expect anything less. History has shown and even 2013 has shown that running QB's are not going to last very long. And for those people that claim Russell Wilson is a read-option running QB, you're wrong! Russell Wilson is on his way to being a traditional QB that pulls the ball down and runs after all of his progressions are locked up, and he gets out of bounds or slides because he played baseball before. Another point is that even Keapernick hasn't ran nearly as much as he did last year, last year it was working but those hits that those guys take do not last, Harbaugh got smart and told Keapernick that hits like that can't happen anymore, not when you are supposed to be my QB every week for the next 9-10 years.

RG III can have this full offseason all he wants but depending on who will be the coach is another factor. I don't see many conventional coaches coming in wanting to run a zone-read that benefits RG III. Conventional coaches prefer a pocket passing QB that they can coach up, even if it is a spread offense.

So what does Snyder risk? Does he go after a college coach to come in here and implement a college offense that caters to RG III's strengths or does he search for a conventional head coach/coordinator in the NFL that is willing to come in here and try to teach a running QB how to pass from the pocket? Meanwhile RG III has footwork issues to work on in the offseason, he has old bad habits to break etc......this is a very very complicated offseason for RG III in my opinion.

And in the end I guess what I am trying to say is that if the Skins were smart they would take these next 3 games to evaluate Cousins and his ability to become an NFL QB. Because Cousins played in a traditional offense at college and may already have some stronger attributes than RG III, similar to Foles having better QB attributes than Vick who is a veteran QB. Yea RG III's injury had a lot to do with him being set back this past offseason but what was the cause of that set back? Yea thats right, a shredded knee for taking too many hits.

Foles outplaying Vick in this offense is a perfect example of the difference between a pocket passing QB that has coachable skills versus an athletic, dynamic QB that can beat you with his legs more than his arm and instincts.

Skins can go ahead and trade away Cousins, but this only helps our chances for years to come. I am just stating what I think because we just got done seeing this take place first hand ever since Vick was named the starter in 2010. And god almighty what a relief it is to see a guy like Foles come through and lead this team and know how to make the appropriate throws.

It's not about age, it's a nickname.

Like if all of the sudden, Eagles fans started calling Cooper or Jackson "Megatron" or if Eagles fans decided to name Freddie Mitchell's 4th & 26 catch "The Immaculate Reception" or if some other team opted to use the nickname "The Greatest Show on Turf".

Or if the Jets started calling their defense "Gang Green"... <_<