gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

From "Do you think this organization has become a disgrace"

First off I´m not a longtime redskins supporter, I started following the skins from the Netherlands around when Shanahan arrived so take my opinion for what it´s worth.

This is what happened from my view and how the organization got to this point with Shanahan and from lurking around here I get that it's become the redskin way the last two decades: taking the shortcut..

When Griffin III was drafted the redskins took a shortcut by giving up valuable picks the next 2 years, the league was shocked and afraid that this time the shortcut might actually work for the redskins, so they punished us with the cap penalty. And despite the penalty it nearly did work!

It's just this year with the injury, the lack of a 1st round pick, no free agency money, it all fell in shambles. But in all honesty we shouldn't have expected it to work immediately, if you give up 1st round draft choices in the 2 next years, you're basically saying, we're going to groom our franchise quarterback and after those 2 years are over we're putting quality talent around him to compete. If we had cap money maybe even get lucky in those 2 years with some quality free agents.

It was a daring and very risky plan by Shanahan/Allen and it bit them and the redskins in the a**. He went all in and lost and that's that. The lesson is no more shortcuts! Next year we're missing a 1st round pick but we get our cap back. Let's build it properly, it wasn't going to really kick in from 2015 anyway, so let's make sure we use this debacle to get the coaches right, the o-line and defense and special teams right, so that in 2015 we're ready to fly off with our lethal offense, which I still believe it is if the o-line was somehow sorted and we could get some momentum from our defense and special teams.

So a disgrace? No, I believe we'll bounce right back, a lot of good things have been done, there is talent on the team, the team just needs to learn not to take any more shortcuts but follow the warriors path all the way through.

For what it's worth right now.. HTTR!

Dear god :roll:

Haynesworth says Shanahan limited players' conversations with Snyder

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/12/haynesworth-says-shanahan-limited-players-conversations-with-snyder/

I know you don't respect Albert Haynesworth, anonymous reader.

I know you don't like him, either.

I know that Albert Haynesworth telling Tennessee Sports Radio about Mike Shanahan's contract is not quite the same thing as looking at a copy of Mike Shanahan's contract.

But as we prepare for what seems likely to be the post-Shanahan era at Redskins Park, I think this exchange from Haynesworth's Thursday appearance with Dave Hooker is kind of fascinating. This happened when Hooker asked Haynesworth if he thinks Snyder meddles too much. (Listen to it here.)

"No," the former defensive tackle said. "You're talking about with Shanahan? No. That's another thing that I know of, when Shanahan signed his deal, he made it to where he has in his contract where [snyder] can't talk to players. He can only have short conversations, like, hey how are you, things like that. [before Shanahan], I used to talk to Dan and tell him how I'm playing, or what I'm trying to do, or whatever. Not that he went down to the coaches or whatever and said anything; just kind of like a friend I'm having a conversation with.

"And once Shanahan got there, I could never even talk to [snyder] again," Haynesworth continued. "He was never in his office, or he was always busy. I always had to come back or something, which never amounted to me ever talking to him. I mean, the only time I talked to him or saw him was when my brother passed, and he was there for my family and flew us to Nashville and to South Carolina for my brother's funeral. That was really the only time I seen Mr. Snyder."

Do you think that's interesting? Because I think that's interesting.

Then there was this, when Haynesworth was asked more generally about Snyder's behavior.

"I don't think I ever saw Mr. Adams in the practice facility for the Titans, I don't think I've ever seen him in there," Haynesworth said. "So it was kind of a little refreshing, I guess, to see Dan Snyder there. I think what people don't like is because he's kind of so involved with the team, but I was with a team that the owner wasn't involved - and we did well - and then also with a team that I wish I stayed with but they wouldn't even offer up good money to stay there, to pay me as the highest defensive tackle. They wouldn't do that.

"So to me it's a little refreshing," Haynesworth continued. "Yeah, he might do it too much, but Redskins fans, if you didn't have a guy that would spend the money, it could be a lot tougher. Sometimes I think what he has to do is just find the right coach, where they could both mesh and go out and get the right people. Because the way I see it - you could take this as a negative or a positive; to me, I think it's kind of a positive – Mr. Snyder is kind of like a fantasy footballer, if that makes any sense. But he's an actual owner. He has the money, and anybody that's really good, he'll go out and get, especially in free agency.

"Now he just needs that puzzle maker, which is the head coach, to be able to put that together," Haynesworth concluded. "And then you'll see the Redskins be a good team. You've got a quarterback that I think is top notch, you've got a running back that looks like one of the best running backs in the league now. So you've got those good pieces; now you just need a good coach to put all that stuff together, add some more pieces and I think the Redskins will be back on top."

id say there's still a slim chance shanny is not fired.

Hell walk then,no way someone with half a brain would stay with that circus of a football team.

Snyder is a joke.He's equivlant to what would happen if a rich tater bought the Eagles.

Of course. Redskins fans always think the league is out to get them. They really are a paranoid, delusional bunch.

Yeah, the idiots.

Us on the other hand, we KNOW they're out to get us! :ph34r:

With it going to cost Snyder 7 mil to fire Shanahan and I think I saw 13 mil to fire the entire coaching staff this year and him not wanting to pay that amount I can see this thing getting even uglier.

A new season awaits. I think this is a 3 way race for the division this year (Sorry Eagles fans). I think it will be a huge transition year for the Eagles defense, they will be a bottom 5 unit. I think their offense will be good but not great.

The skins looked pretty good this pre-season, but i will admit i am nervous about the Eagles on MNF since there is no tape on Kelly's offense.

Bottom 5 units.. Well there goes that!

Can we somehow trick the Redskins and give them Vick for Cousins and a 4th round pick?

Id love for Cousins to back up Foles, with Barkley in training.

With it going to cost Snyder 7 mil to fire Shanahan and I think I saw 13 mil to fire the entire coaching staff this year and him not wanting to pay that amount I can see this thing getting even uglier.

Snyder is rich. I don't see a problem with firing those people.

The problem I see is that Snyder has built a fortune screwing people over and he may avoid firing them just so he doesn't get screwed.

Ohhhhh guess Saban isn't going anywhere yet.

If Nick Saban's wife hated Miami, why in the hell would she let him coach in Washington? As someone mentioned, the day Chip Kelly becomes a normal human NFL head coach is the day he marries.

If Nick Saban's wife hated Miami, why in the hell would she let him coach in Washington? As someone mentioned, the day Chip Kelly becomes a normal human NFL head coach is the day he marries.

If Chip lead the Eagles to win a SB, he won't be a bachelor for long. Lol

Its funny R words fans talk about next year how cap space is going to help the immensely . The contradict themselves though when they want Shanny and company gone. Like stated above it could cost about 14 Million just to do that .The also forget a lot of players are going to b getting more money next year because the changed there contract to help the team when the lost all that money . So if the do fire him the really don't have much to play in the FA. I also think its funny that they want Robert Jesus Griffin to keep playing meaningless games while he is obviously still on the mend. I almost wish they would play him just so he does get hurt .... No I don't mean that I dont want anyone hurt. But I know Id want my Franchise QB to rest if he had surgery 1 year ago and prep for a good season next year. How can these people be so blind and ignorant .

Its funny R words fans talk about next year how cap space is going to help the immensely . The contradict themselves though when they want Shanny and company gone. Like stated above it could cost about 14 Million jut to do that .The also forget a lot of players are going to b getting more money next year because the changed there contract to help the team when the lost all that money . So if the do fire him the really don't have much to play in the FA. I also think its funny that they want Robert Jesus Griffin to keep playing meaningless games while he is obviously still on the mend. I almost wish they would play him just so he does get hurt .... No I don't mean that I dont want anyone hurt. But I know Id want my Franchise QB to rest if he had surgery 1 year ago and prep for a good season next year. How can these people be so blind and ignorant .

Coach's salaries don't count against the CAP.

Im talking in money that he will want to spend . The money from the cap I was referring to is that all the players that took a "CUT" they are getting paid on back end , which will be 2014. I guess I didn't not make that to clear

Hell walk then,no way someone with half a brain would stay with that circus of a football team.

Snyder is a joke.He's equivlant to what would happen if a rich tater bought the Eagles.

people have done far worse, for far less money. Tanahan's primary goal at this point is to ensure he gets all the $$$ from his contract - period

So if the do fire him the really don't have much to play in the FA.

Im talking in money that he will want to spend . The money from the cap I was referring to is that all the players that took a "CUT" they are getting paid on back end , which will be 2014. I guess I didn't not make that to clear

How "much (they'll have) to play with in FA" = The amount of available CAP space reamaing after accounting for existing player contractural salaries so whether "they fire" the coaching staff or not has no bearing on that amt what-so-ever.

By CBA rules every team has to spend a minimum of 95% of the total CAP every year exclusively on player salaries so even if they only spend the mandated minimum they can't ever use the remaining 5% to pay Shanahan's guaranteed $. So there is no fiscal incentive to not use their availabe CAP to improve the roster regardless of how much "money he will want to spend" on the coaching staff or anything else.

I am a man that believes people can change if they want to.

As to the circus, Shan was a party to that. Where is he gonna go? Offensive coordinator somewhere? I don't think he'll get another HC job soon. His career could be finished anyway if he is not careful about how he leaves. It may already be over. Or he could stay, take the high road, and coach for the love of coaching in itself.

That could only happen, of course, with a change of heart in the owner and probably change in GM. I can see Shanahan not wanting RGIII. It is true the GM is supposed to construct a combo of Coach and team/players that mesh in philosophy. Shanny is not the GM; that is not his space. But when you have a GM that sucks beyond compare and must hate the coach or have no regard, of course there is an issue.

You can't keep Shanahan and keep the FO he has above him. Someone has to go, and I would punt the GM and have Snyder staying upstairs. The power players and old timers in the organization should have a huddle and choose a new GM by some form of vote and live with the consequences

Tanny thinks they can pull in a 1st round pick for Cousins this offseason.

i can see them getting a second rounder at best if he really lights the world on fire these next three weeks

It's a fairly deep qb draft...why would anyone give a second for cousins when they can get an equal to better qb with that pick? They'll be lucky to get a 3rd

How "much (they'll have) to play with in FA" = The amount of available CAP space reamaing after accounting for existing player contractural salaries so whether "they fire" the coaching staff or not has no bearing on that amt what-so-ever.

By CBA rules every team has to spend a minimum of 95% of the total CAP every year exclusively on player salaries so even if they only spend the mandated minimum they can't ever use the remaining 5% to pay Shanahan's guaranteed $. So there is no fiscal incentive to not use their availabe CAP to improve the roster regardless of how much "money he will want to spend" on the coaching staff or anything else.

So you know Whats in the contracts ? From what Ive read the skins are going to be hit fairly hard with the back end deals . Im thinking you missed my point altogether so you can try and flex your E Peen . There fans think next year the cap space is going to be there Savor in FA market with a lot of things. We as Eagles fans already know you cant buy wins with FA look at 11-12 . I already corrected my statement about what I was talking with the "coaching" situation. So Fap away brother Fap away You are the :worthy: MAN!!! :rock::towel:

So you know Whats in the contracts ? From what Ive read the skins are going to be hit fairly hard with the back end deals . Im thinking you missed my point altogether so you can try and flex your E Peen . There fans think next year the cap space is going to be there Savor in FA market with a lot of things. We as Eagles fans already know you cant buy wins with FA look at 11-12 . I already corrected my statement about what I was talking with the "coaching" situation. So Fap away brother Fap away You are the :worthy: MAN!!! :rock::towel:

I have no idea what's in the contracts, although that in no way alters either the definition of "available CAP space" (what you referred to as "how much they'll have to play with in FA") or the fact that "if they do fire him" (Shanahan) has absolutely no bearing on that amount and/or the "money he will want to spend" in FA.

So no, I didn't "miss your point", unfortunately your point and then your "corrected statement about the coaching situation" only served to demonstrate that you just don't know what your talking about where the CAP and how player vs coach's contracts work, but there's really no need to get all pissy about it noob because you'd hardly be the 1st casual fan that didn't understand it.