gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I have no idea what's in the contracts, although that in no way alters either the definition of "available CAP space" (what you referred to as "how much they'll have to play with in FA") or the fact that "if they do fire him" (Shanahan) has absolutely no bearing on that amount and/or the "money he will want to spend" in FA.

So no, I didn't "miss your point", unfortunately your point and then your "corrected statement about the coaching situation" only served to demonstrate that you just don't know what your talking about where the CAP and how player vs coach's contracts work, but there's really no need to get all pissy about it noob because you'd hardly be the 1st casual fan that didn't understand it.

you really are an idiot .

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet51s

On #Redskins from #NFLGameDay: Kyle Shanahan decided it is no longer worth it to work with his father. Expect him on his own path next year

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

2m

On #Redskins, according to a player: When RGIII & Mike Shanahan pass each other in the building, they don’t talk, don’t say hello #awkward

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet51s

On #Redskins from #NFLGameDay: Kyle Shanahan decided it is no longer worth it to work with his father. Expect him on his own path next year

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

2m

On #Redskins, according to a player: When RGIII & Mike Shanahan pass each other in the building, they don’t talk, don’t say hello #awkward

I cant say it has to be easy for Kyle , people saying Oh your Dads the coach :( I know it sucked in Little league I cant imagine how it feels at that level .

I cant say it has to be easy for Kyle , people saying Oh your Dads the coach :( I know it sucked in Little league I cant imagine how it feels at that level .

I think this decision was made easier after Mike benched RGME

I think this decision was made easier after Mike benched RGME

Im really surprised that both thought it was a good idea in first place to be on same team . Family and business never mix I know I found out the hard way .

you really are an idiot .

Whatever you say noob, but at least I not only understand how the CAP works but am also not so obviously insecure that instead of accepting any misinformed opinion I may post being disputed by actually facts as a learning opportunity as opposed to being reduced to hurling insults and cyber-tapdancing.

Although after looking at your profile I see that you not only just joined the EMB on 10/27/13 but are also one of the "fans since birth" crowd which are the telltale signs of a youngster, so that's my bad for trying to have an intelligent conversation with such an easily and unnecessarily embarrassed, dumb kid. :nonono:

Could you imagine the back lash if Spadaro ever wrote an article like this? ES is their official site. Their entire franchise is a joke.

]ExtremeSkins Fan View: Cap Hell Rocks!

By Arthur Mills

ExtremeSkins.com

March 16, 2006

Don't hate us because we're beautiful.

No more blank, wondering stares, confused head scratching, frothing emotional outbursts, conspiracy theories or embarrassing, dismissive references to 2000. The Washington Redskins are the central theme of every NFL team message board out there. Here's a message to you all from all ExtremeSkins fans everywhere.

It's time to embrace the reality of it all. Simply, we're better than you.

That's it. Look no further. We are better than you. We're more fun. It feels better to be us. We've got flair. We're audacious, capricious, bodacious, supercalifragilisticxpalidocious.

Are you finally getting it?

Yes, yes, I know cap hell was supposed to be upon us. I know that's what you've been told. I feel for you, I really do. As you come to realize we're better than you, a second bit of stark reality must also penetrate. We're smarter than them.

Repeat after me.

The Washington Redskins are managed, coached and owned by highly professional people who know more about running a football franchise than ALL the unnamed, anonymous sources any reporter has yanked from the broom closet and quoted.

Don't take my word for it. Take the following words for it.

Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El, Adam Archuleta, Andre Carter, Todd Collins, Christian Fauria.

The question you all should be asking isn't, "How is all this possible?" No. The question should be, "How didn't we know this was all possible?"

Six years of assurances cap hell was on the way and you still allowed yourself to believe the tripe. Perhaps busting the cap hell myth as it relates to the Washington Redskins is just too painful a thing for media and fans of other teams to do.

Like a child coming to the harsh knowledge Santa doesn't exist, the media and opposing teams' fans are struggling desperately to hang on to the fiction that cap hell is on the way for the Redskins despite--literally--YEARS of demonstrated contrary evidence.

Here's the best part.

You don't have to hate us for what we're doing. You can do it, too.

"The thing I want to emphasize is this: We haven't done one thing that anybody else can't do," Joe Gibbs said after the introductory press conference for Andre Carter. "We have certain rules in the league. Here's the cap, here's the numbers, here's what you can spend, so everybody in the league can do what we're doing, it's just that they choose not to, many of them."

Deep down, this is really the issue, isn't it? You can do it too and you know it, but, your team doesn't do it, so, you have a hard choice. Hate your team, or hate us.

Say you're a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles. You always have all those many millions available, which somehow never seem to get spent. All week you're hearing how you have LeCharles Bentley locked up as your free agent masterstroke to solidify your offensive line.

You are giddy. You're thrilled. You know this is the guy you need. He fills a need and makes it a strength. You're excited about the prospects of adding such a substantial piece. Then, the Cleveland Browns call, offer a few more bucks to Bentley and Bentley winds up in Cleveland leaving you with nothing more than whimpering excuses that Bentley is from Cleveland and always wanted to play there.

Oh, hush.

Antwaan Randle El is from Chicago. He's always wanted to play there. Yet he's playing in D.C. Adam Archuleta admits he adores Lovie Smith after years playing for him with St. Louis and wanted to play with him in Chicago. Yet he's playing in D.C. Andre Carter just had to meet the Broncos because his father played there 12 years and he envisioned being the second generation of his family with the team. Yet he's playing in D.C.

And it's driving you crazy because you were so excited and thrilled about the prospects of adding a good player your management and owner can't figure out how to land while we get EVERY single player we shoot at.

We get to actually live the thrill and giddiness you only get to brush up against. And it's killing you.

Did we pay a premium for generally young players entering their prime with years left to play in the NFL? You bet we did. Kind of like when the Eagles lock up their own young players for a premium before they really emerge on the scene and everyone calls that genius. Think of it like that, only, with the component of actually being smart because an expensive 24-year-old promising receiver suddenly becomes a very cheap 26-year-old receiver when he grabs 80 balls.

See, we already had good players under contract. Now we have more.

As you struggle to find words to describe the coming cap doom heading our way, try to process one final thought. When you have that free agent you need all lined up and you don't get him, well, isn't that really what cap hell feels like? [/size]

I wouldn't know, because I don't ever have to feel that way.

Whatever you say noob, but at least I not only understand how the CAP works but am also not so obviously insecure that instead of accepting any misinformed opinion I may post being disputed by actually facts as a learning opportunity as opposed to being reduced to hurling insults and cyber-tapdancing.

Although after looking at your profile I see that you not only just joined the EMB on 10/27/13 but are also one of the "fans since birth" crowd which are the telltale signs of a youngster, so that's my bad for trying to have an intelligent conversation with such an easily and unnecessarily embarrassed, dumb kid. :nonono:

You know I was waiting for you to say something about the join date omg I already know your type. Keep thinking what you want but for a guy that thinks he is so smart ..... as I already said you are an idiot. I already said that I worded it wrong about the whole coach and cap thing but you cant seem to let it go. Embarrassed ?? I think not Im not the one making a fool out of myself trying to be the guy in High school everyone picked on. Im guessing you don't know Snyder very well , HE IS CHEAP that was my point on his firing . I also said my point on the Cap was people will be getting more money because they helped the team with there contracts So They wont be getting as much as people think . You just could not let go after I said I worded something wrong LOL you poor lonely man . Edit: calling someone a kid OMG I cant believe I missed that one IluvDaVick is back !!!

Its funny R words fans talk about next year how cap space is going to help the immensely . The contradict themselves though when they want Shanny and company gone. Like stated above it could cost about 14 Million just to do that .The also forget a lot of players are going to b getting more money next year because the changed there contract to help the team when the lost all that money . So if the do fire him the really don't have much to play in the FA. I also think its funny that they want Robert Jesus Griffin to keep playing meaningless games while he is obviously still on the mend. I almost wish they would play him just so he does get hurt .... No I don't mean that I dont want anyone hurt. But I know Id want my Franchise QB to rest if he had surgery 1 year ago and prep for a good season next year. How can these people be so blind and ignorant .

Coach's salaries don't count against the CAP.

Im talking in money that he will want to spend . The money from the cap I was referring to is that all the players that took a "CUT" they are getting paid on back end , which will be 2014. I guess I didn't not make that to clear

How "much (they'll have) to play with in FA" = The amount of available CAP space reamaing after accounting for existing player contractural salaries so whether "they fire" the coaching staff or not has no bearing on that amt what-so-ever.

By CBA rules every team has to spend a minimum of 95% of the total CAP every year exclusively on player salaries so even if they only spend the mandated minimum they can't ever use the remaining 5% to pay Shanahan's guaranteed $. So there is no fiscal incentive to not use their availabe CAP to improve the roster regardless of how much "money he will want to spend" on the coaching staff or anything else.

So you know Whats in the contracts ? From what Ive read the skins are going to be hit fairly hard with the back end deals . Im thinking you missed my point altogether so you can try and flex your E Peen . There fans think next year the cap space is going to be there Savor in FA market with a lot of things. We as Eagles fans already know you cant buy wins with FA look at 11-12 . I already corrected my statement about what I was talking with the "coaching" situation. So Fap away brother Fap away You are the :worthy: MAN!!! :rock::towel:

So lets look back on how far ago I corrected my statement . Im sorry Im human and do make mistakes . When I stated that I made a mistake and told you what I meant you could not handle it . But yes Im the child ..... Well according to my wife I am :D she says at times Im worse then my 3 children . Attacking peoples intelligence and puffing out chests on a Fans message board against another fan Yeah bro your cool . This is not RnR right ? So lets say this in 8 years that you have used this Username you have only 370 people that liked what you have had to say vs my 106 in a couple months on this username . But see I would be stooping to your level . Im not sure if you are a guy or a girl but I think maybe you need a hug .... its not good to be that miserable it really is not . Do you feel better trying to be right so much ? Does winning on the internet fill the empty space in your life ? We are here to talk football not berate fellow fans . Go to the RnR if that what you enjoy .

You know I was waiting for you to say something about the join date omg I already know your type. Keep thinking what you want but for a guy that thinks he is so smart ..... as I already said you are an idiot. I already said that I worded it wrong about the whole coach and cap thing but you cant seem to let it go. Embarrassed ?? I think not Im not the one making a fool out of myself trying to be the guy in High school everyone picked on. Im guessing you don't know Snyder very well , HE IS CHEAP that was my point on his firing . I also said my point on the Cap was people will be getting more money because they helped the team with there contracts So They wont be getting as much as people think . You just could not let go after I said I worded something wrong LOL you poor lonely man .

I don't think I'm "so smart" because intelligence in a relative commodity, (for example compared to Stephen Hawking I'm a potted plant but compared to you I'm Stephen Hawking) and making a "HS" reference only confirms what I suspected about your age, so what are you really 15-16?

And if you keep making idiotic statements with the latest being Snyder "IS CHEAP" regardless of the fact the he has spent to the CAP every year, has given numerous, exorbitant contracts to over-the-hill, "name" FAs, made Haynesworth the highest paid non-QB in NFL history and has carried more dead money on the books every year than essentially any other team in the league perhaps you should reevaluate who is the one make a fool of themself here. :roll:

And yes, everyone make mistakes but some are capable of reacting to their mistakes being corrected in a mature manner while others react like petulant children.

How does join date have any correlation to whether you're a youngster or not?

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet9m

1 more #Redskins note: Count RGIII among those who believe Mike Shanahan won’t be coaching the #Redskins anymore. He told a teammate as much

You have to wonder how much of these anonymous players are just media or true

Mike Shanahan will not resign from his job and would like to return to Washington next season as long as he can run team the way he wants.

· ·
·
·
·

276799_103603076359009_1095898571_q.jpg

Mike Shanahan intends to sit down Dan Snyder at end of year to see if they can work out arrangement that works for both sides next season.

· ·
·
·
·

276799_103603076359009_1095898571_q.jpg

Redskins will not attempt to fire Mike Shanahan for cause and withhold $7 million due for 2014. Contract is “ironclad", per legal source.

I don't think this has been posted here yet. It looks like it got cheaper for Danny to buy out the current coaching regime. I wonder what Richie Kotite is up to these days? :-)

http://www.nfl.com/n...k-alongside-dad

Kyle Shanahan is ready to end his professional relationship with his father.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Sunday on NFL Network's "NFL GameDay Morning" that the

Washington Redskins offensive coordinator has decided he can no longer work for Mike Shanahan and plans to set out on his own path next year.

According to Rapoport, the younger Shanahan wants to escape the "stigma" that has come with working on his father's coaching staff. Shanahan spent two seasons as offensive coordinator of the

Houston Texans before joining the Redskins in 2010. He'll likely attempt to make another lateral move this offseason.

While the news comes as a surprise, it's perhaps less shocking when you consider Kyle Shanahan's

meeting with reporterson Thursday. Shanahan candidly explained he was frustrated with the team's decision to bench Robert Griffin III for the remainder of the season, while acknowledging he had "zero involvement" in the decision to go with Kirk Cousins.

In other news, a

Redskins player told Rapoport that Griffin and Mike Shanahan passed each other in the hallway this week without saying a word. RGIII has told teammates he believes he'll be playing for a different head coach in 2014.

Not surprisingly, NFL Media columnist Michael Silver has been told the feeling inside the

Redskins' building right now is "bizarre." Mike Shanahan has not brought up the team's decision to sit Griffin with his coaching staff or players. Silver called it the "elephant in the room."

The drama continues to unfold in D.C.

I don't think I'm "so smart" because intelligence in a relative commodity, (for example compared to Stephen Hawking I'm a potted plant but compared to you I'm Stephen Hawking) and making a "HS" reference only confirms what I suspected about your age, so what are you really 15-16?

And if you keep making idiotic statements with the latest being Snyder "IS CHEAP" regardless of the fact the he has spent to the CAP every year, has given numerous, exorbitant contracts to over-the-hill, "name" FAs, made Haynesworth the highest paid non-QB in NFL history and has carried more dead money on the books every year than essentially any other team in the league perhaps you should reevaluate who is the one make a fool of themself here. :roll:

And yes, everyone make mistakes but some are capable of reacting to their mistakes being corrected in a mature manner while others react like petulant children.

Im sorry I never went to college so I can only go by what I know which was High School , I went right out of HS into the Marine Corps then into the Job market . Not that is any of your business but keep talking you really are sounding dumber and dumber as you go along . Attacking someone's age .... that might even be Elementary type **** but w/e . You still do not get the point of my first post that you keep attacking me on . Lets see if I can dumb it down for you . Dan Snyder is the owner of the NFL team Washington Redskins. There current head coach is a man named Mike Shanahan . The Washington Redskins were penalized in a thing called Salary cap. Mr Snyder is known for being a cheap man . The RS fans want Shanahan to be fired , the problem is he has a contract that is good for 1 more year. He is do 7 million reguardless and the estimated cost to get rid of whole staff is around 14 million. Mr synder more then likely will not want to pay that on top of getting new staff . Now on to the cap , and see why there is not as much money as some people think . When the Skins got slapped with the penalty they re worked some of the players contracts to make less money for 2 years but regain that money after the penalty was over. So allot of players will be getting money on what we call the back end . Which goes with my statement there is not as much money as people think. I also stated that we as eagles fans know you cant fix a team with bringing in a bunch of top FAs. This whole topic was about the Redkins and there fans , which my post was directed at. So thank you once again Mr/Mrs Mighty

Im sorry I never went to college so I can only go by what I know which was High School , I went right out of HS into the Marine Corps then into the Job market . Not that is any of your business but keep talking you really are sounding dumber and dumber as you go along . Attacking someone's age .... that might even be Elementary type **** but w/e . You still do not get the point of my first post that you keep attacking me on . Lets see if I can dumb it down for you . Dan Snyder is the owner of the NFL team Washington Redskins. There current head coach is a man named Mike Shanahan . The Washington Redskins were penalized in a thing called Salary cap. Mr Snyder is known for being a cheap man . The RS fans want Shanahan to be fired , the problem is he has a contract that is good for 1 more year. He is do 7 million reguardless and the estimated cost to get rid of whole staff is around 14 million. Mr synder more then likely will not want to pay that on top of getting new staff . Now on to the cap , and see why there is not as much money as some people think . When the Skins got slapped with the penalty they re worked some of the players contracts to make less money for 2 years but regain that money after the penalty was over. So allot of players will be getting money on what we call the back end . Which goes with my statement there is not as much money as people think. I also stated that we as eagles fans know you cant fix a team with bringing in a bunch of top FAs. This whole topic was about the Redkins and there fans , which my post was directed at. So thank you once again Mr/Mrs Mighty

Obviously, the world needs ditch diggers as much as it needs thinkers.

Best case scenario: Cousins plays well, makes RG3 look bad and stokes the flames of a potential 2014 QB controversy, but the Skins still lose, keeping them in the hunt for the #1 pick.

If we need the skins to suck more to make us better, next year is gonna be a little slow

Best case scenario: Cousins plays well, makes RG3 look bad and stokes the flames of a potential 2014 QB controversy, but the Skins still lose, keeping them in the hunt for the #1 pick.

there won't be controversy. RG3 is the franchise QB according to Snyder and that is all that matters. he will trade cousins to make sure RGMe doesn't feel to insecure

Could you imagine the back lash if Spadaro ever wrote an article like this? ES is their official site. Their entire franchise is a joke.

I love bringing that article up every time they sign an FA and puff their chests.

OMG WE SINED JOSH MORGAN!!!!

Obviously, the world needs ditch diggers as much as it needs thinkers.

LOL omg you are pathetic . So people that decided to serve their country are ditch diggers ? You really are and idiot as I've already pointed out . You call someone a child , then attack their education . Sorry pal I think you are trying to make up for some deficiency or lack or self esteem . Im a public servant you can come by my office anytime you wish since its a Public Government building . Now see you think someone has to go to College to be able to get an education which just tells me how far you have made it . I'm very fortunate to be where I am , but see I earned it through hard work and dedication . From they way you post I already know you know nothing of those things. The City of Philadelphia trusts me :D

there won't be controversy. RG3 is the franchise QB according to Snyder and that is all that matters. he will trade cousins to make sure RGMe doesn't feel to insecure

If the next coach with a new shiny contract prefers Cousins to RG3 then it won't matter what Snyder thinks.

If they trade him then that's awesome too. I bet he will have a better career than RG3 and every time Skins fans see him it will be a painful reminder of how poorly run their franchise is.