gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Hypocrisy at its finest: that POS Harry Reid (Senate majority leader) who essentially led this anti-Redskin BS in the nation just insulted a room full of Asians during a speech to the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/22/harry-reid-just-told-asian-americans-theyre-not-smarter-than-anybody-else-he-does-stuff-like-this-a-lot/

Hypocrisy at its finest: that POS Harry Reid (Senate majority leader) who essentially led this anti-Redskin BS in the nation just insulted a room full of Asians during a speech to the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/22/harry-reid-just-told-asian-americans-theyre-not-smarter-than-anybody-else-he-does-stuff-like-this-a-lot/

Weird, awkward and inappropriate comments to say the least. Doesn't affect the validity of his R-Words argument in the least though.

Weird, awkward and inappropriate comments to say the least. Doesn't affect the validity of his R-Words argument in the least though.

Agreed only because other than Fox, this story won't be shown on ABC, CBS, or NBC...

For all of the hand-wringing over the New York Giants' new offense this preseason, Robert Griffin III hasn't looked any better in the Washington Redskins' new scheme.

After a series of glowing offseason testaments that Griffin had regained 2012 form, we expected him to be the favorite for Comeback Player of the Year honors
What we have seen the past two weeks suggests instead that there might have been something to the recent report that Griffin had been outplayed by Kirk Cousins in practice sessions versus the Patriots.
Griffin has yet to lead a touchdown drive this preseason. His decision-making has left a lot to be desired. His footwork has been inconsistent. He is absorbing too many hits. He's not even beating defenders to the edge on scrambles.
He completed five of eight passes for a paltry 20 yards (2.5 YPA), adding three sacks and an interception during the Redskins' 23-17 loss to the Ravens on Saturday night.
Griffin also looked uninspired in August 2012 when the Shanahans slow-played the entire league by running vanilla schemes and hiding their pistol offense until the regular-season opener.
Redskins fans have to be hoping Jay Gruden has some of that same magic up his sleeve. If not, it could be another long season in the nation's capital.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000382772/article/robert-griffin-iii-redskins-offense-still-without-td :roll::roll:

I was able to see the Redskins/Ravens game last night. Two things stood out. 1)RGIII is going through what Michael Vick went through in 2006. If RGIII thought the Shanahans' were hard on him, he has no idea what's coming. Unless Jay Gruden sees that square peg (RGIII) isn't going to fit into round hole (Gruden's WCO), RGIII is going to be fast out of a starting QB job. 2)I couldn't believe that Joe Theismann had the stones in the presence of Dan Snyder (he was in the broadcast booth) to express what all of us were watching. RGIII is not working out with this new offense, and Kirk Cousins' gets it. Five for eight for 20 yards, and one interception. WOW

I noticed watching the game how bob was slow getting to the edges. He was getting run down by lineman and linebackers. I mean he just looked real slow. And of course, his passing hasn't been much better. Cousins has looked better no doubt but he has been going against the second and third stringers though. But he does seem like he is more comfortable in the wco than ole bob.

Nothing better than a qb controversy in dc though. LMAO!!

I noticed watching the game how bob was slow getting to the edges. He was getting run down by lineman and linebackers. I mean he just looked real slow. And of course, his passing hasn't been much better. Cousins has looked better no doubt but he has been going against the second and third stringers though. But he does seem like he is more comfortable in the wco than ole bob.

Nothing better than a qb controversy in dc though. LMAO!!

Yeah he doesnt look functionally athletic at all. Not just in the pocket, where he looks terribly awkward, but even trying to escape around he doesn't look quick. Maybe the long speed is still there but that position isn't about long speed.

Agreed only because other than Fox, this story won't be shown on ABC, CBS, or NBC...

ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, NYT et. al. are as likely to be critical of our current Troika (Barry, Harry and Nancy) as Pravda and Izvestia(sp?) were of the better known Troika of Molotov, Malenkov and Beria.

It's funny... the topic headers on ES would make it seem like everything is peachy, with only 1 critical thread about the team. HALF the front page threads in TATE are usually a criticism.

I was able to see the Redskins/Ravens game last night. Two things stood out. 1)RGIII is going through what Michael Vick went through in 2006. If RGIII thought the Shanahans' were hard on him, he has no idea what's coming. Unless Jay Gruden sees that square peg (RGIII) isn't going to fit into round hole (Gruden's WCO), RGIII is going to be fast out of a starting QB job. 2)I couldn't believe that Joe Theismann had the stones in the presence of Dan Snyder (he was in the broadcast booth) to express what all of us were watching. RGIII is not working out with this new offense, and Kirk Cousins' gets it. Five for eight for 20 yards, and one interception. WOW

Joe was just speaking the truth and for once he was making sense, but at the same time if Gruden switched from RG III to Cousins he would lose so much credibility as a head coach and a new head coach at that. If RG III struggles and the Skins suffer a losing season by the time their bye week rolls around, I could see Gruden yanking RG III and allowing Cousins to run his offense.

For anyone in that organization to think that they were going to take an "athletic" QB and turn him into a pocket passer is just stupid. RG III reminds me of Vick in so many ways.

Skins fans just need to calm the F down anyway, I hear it on the radio every morning, fans calling in saying how their offense will be so stacked but yet their QB can only average 2.5 yards per pass after playing how many minutes??

I remember when Joe Theisman thought Colt Brennan should be the starter based on the same stuff Kirk Cousins is doing: looking good against backups in the preseason. If you have ever watched a Redskins pre-season game this moron overhypes even the worst players, often gets the plays wrong. The Spurrier era was so amusing to hear heavy praise for all the QB he brought in. One of the worst, most biased at his job. Glad ESPN fired him.

As for Kirk Cousins...he is horrible. All the hype is based on ONE GAME as a rookie. Sure he is playing well against backups in the preseason but I remember last year heading into the season you had some Skins fans even saying he should be the starter. Why? His numbers as a starter are horrible. Again, it's all hype based on one game, one win as a rookie. He is 0-3 as a starter since. He looked like Matt Barkley last year. I would love for the Skins to start him. RGIII is way better, he just needs to drop the ego and learn to protect himself. Anyone wanting Cousins just has not watched him play.

Cousins stats:

2012 (1-0):101.6 QB rating, 68.8 comp% 33/48, 466 yards, 4td/3int, 1 fumble/0 lost

2013 (0-3): 58.4 QB rating, 52.3 comp %, 81/155, 854 yards, 4td/7int, 3 fumbles/2lost

Career: (1-3): 68.6 QB rating, 56.2 comp %, 114/203, 1320 yards, 8td/10int, 4 fumbles/2 lost

RGIII's stats:

2012 (9-6): 102.4 QB rating, 65.6 comp%, 258/293, 3200 yards, 20td/5int, 815 rush/7td, 12 fumbles/2 lost

2013 (3-10): 82.2 QB rating, 60.1 comp %, 274/456, 3203 yards, 16td/12int, 489 rush/0td, 11 fumbles/4 lost

Career (12-16): 91.5 QB rating, 62.7 comp %, 532/849, 6403 yards, 36td/17int, 1304 rush/7td, 23 fumbles/6 lost

Notice last year how RGIII's pass attempts skyrocketed. A lot of ask for of a second year player coming off a major knee injury. They ran a more balanced offense as a rookie but in year 2, Shanny went nuts, over used him. Cousins again...what has he done? He is a average backup. Should never be a starting QB. RGIII just needs smarter coaching and a better atmosphere...but he is stuck in DC so that is never happening.

Joe was just speaking the truth and for once he was making sense, but at the same time if Gruden switched from RG III to Cousins he would lose so much credibility as a head coach and a new head coach at that. If RG III struggles and the Skins suffer a losing season by the time their bye week rolls around, I could see Gruden yanking RG III and allowing Cousins to run his offense.

For anyone in that organization to think that they were going to take an "athletic" QB and turn him into a pocket passer is just stupid. RG III reminds me of Vick in so many ways.

Skins fans just need to calm the F down anyway, I hear it on the radio every morning, fans calling in saying how their offense will be so stacked but yet their QB can only average 2.5 yards per pass after playing how many minutes??

RGIII reminds me much more of Vince Young than Michael Vick and right now if he doesn't improve he will be heading the way of VY. Like Young he also talks too much, has a huge ego and is heavily pampered by his owner. That right there is just as big of a problem as his on the field struggles. Snyder loves this kid. Three 1st rd draft picks were spent to get him but to the Skins draft picks mean nothing. I think RGIII would've been better off elsewhere, maybe with the Rams but those draft picks were too hard to pass up.

Jay Gruden also comes off as a such a clueless coach. There is no way this guy should be a HC right now. Yes he mentored Andy Dalton but has anyone seen Dalton in the playoffs? Dalton also is a better passer than RGIII. RGIII is a run first, pass second QB plus, Dalton doesn't carry that huge baggage of a ego around with him. RGIII is not a leader, seems unwilling to adapt and change (and there you can compare him to Vick big time). Vick never listened to his coaches early on. He finally did with Andy and had a career year as a passer but it wasn't his style, wasn't comfortable. He always needed to make the superman like plays.

It's funny... the topic headers on ES would make it seem like everything is peachy, with only 1 critical thread about the team. HALF the front page threads in TATE are usually a criticism.

Why would they be critical? Clearly they won that trade

:roll:

RGMe may play the 4th preseason game, if he plays, Gruden better hope like hell he doesn't get hurt, he may lose his job before he even really gets started.

Redskins offense is looking in bad shape. I'll think they'll get things going by the time season starts, and are going to be an explosive offense that puts up a lot of yards but struggles in the end zone.

You really love ES, don't you? Seems like every time I come on here, you've posted another thread from there. You know what they say: home is where the heart is. :D

You really love ES, don't you? Seems like every time I come on here, you've posted another thread from there. You know what they say: home is where the heart is. :D

And here you are on the EMB.

You gotta admit though you guys have some classics over there. Talking about delusional homers in denial. I always enjoy good laughs from reading those post.

And here you are on the EMB.

LOL. I visit EMB probably 5 times a week. So if this is my home, I have really lousy parents. :D