gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

You guys should see if DeMarcus Ware is available.

Lol, yeah, I did not mind letting Ware go at the time because I thought Dallas was a long way from contending...in hindsight they should have kept him.

Lol, yeah, I did not mind letting Ware go at the time because I thought Dallas was a long way from contending...in hindsight they should have kept him.

In hindsight, that may not have worked out as they would still be depending on him to be the sole rusher and the rest of the DL take a vacation, it probably worked out best.......Ware is a class act and wore the star well, but it was time to move on

In hindsight, that may not have worked out as they would still be depending on him to be the sole rusher and the rest of the DL take a vacation, it probably worked out best.......Ware is a class act and wore the star well, but it was time to move on

Well he was willing to take a paycut to stay, and the sacks he had would have come in handy...wouldn't have hurt, with the way we kept our defense off the field, I think he would have stayed fresh....that said, I don't blame our front office, he had gotten banged up the last 3 years and looked done and really he was not the one drawing double teams in Denver, so in Dallas maybe he would not have been as effective, because he probably would have gotten doubled.

All in all it would have been nice to keep him, that said, better to get rid of him a year early then a year too late.

I'm interested to see what Demarco Lawrence does with a full offseason...Maranelli raves about him and he doesn't rave about anyone....

Well he was willing to take a paycut to stay, and the sacks he had would have come in handy...wouldn't have hurt, with the way we kept our defense off the field, I think he would have stayed fresh....that said, I don't blame our front office, he had gotten banged up the last 3 years and looked done and really he was not the one drawing double teams in Denver, so in Dallas maybe he would not have been as effective, because he probably would have gotten doubled.

All in all it would have been nice to keep him, that said, better to get rid of him a year early then a year too late.

I'm interested to see what Demarco Lawrence does with a full offseason...Maranelli raves about him and he doesn't rave about anyone....

Yea DLaw should benefit from Marinelli staying for sure as will Justin Durant

Yea DLaw should benefit from Marinelli staying for sure as will Justin Durant

Yeah, I just love Maranelli's emphasis on causing turnovers....no coincidence that teams he coaches get a ton.

Can't wait to see Sean Lee at weakside LB too. I just think about the improvement we should have on defense just from DLaw and Hitchens improving after their rookie year and getting Sean Lee back. Nothing is a given, but that is some potential improvement

But but but.... I thought Scot was going to turn it all around.

On to mocking their new Defensive Coordinator:

McCloughan isn't hiring the assistant coaches, that's Gruden's job.

That's weird. They wanted Vic Fangio but had to settle for 0-16? But Art said if the redskins want someone they get them

“@mikecwright: Heard Fangio wanted to bring Donatell to Redskins, but they wanted to keep Raheem Morris... hence Chicago.”

In Barry's defense, Millen was the GM and Kent Newhart (who never did anything football related previously) was his right hand yes man when they went 0-16. Making Hokendauqua PA proud!

Edit: I am mistaken... Kent Newhart was removed in 2005.

Redskins letter to fans lists four key players. RGIII isn’t one of ‘em

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/02/04/redskins-letter-to-fans-lists-four-key-players-rgiii-isnt-one-of-em/

By Dan Steinberg February 4 at 10:27 AM

“Dear Premium Club Member,” reads this letter from the Redskins.

“The Washington Redskins thank you for your continued loyalty and support. Redskins fans are the best in the NFL and we greatly appreciate your dedication over the years.”

“Head Coach Jay Gruden, new General Manager Scot McCloughan, and Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry will lead a nucleus of Ryan Kerrigan, DeSean Jackson, plus Pro Bowlers Trent Williams and Alfred Morris. The Redskins are poised to rebound next season!”

You’ll notice there is one prominent position — and one prominent player — not included in that nucleus. (Quarterback and Robert Griffin III, FYI.) Which means the team is now promoting Joe Barry more than the guy who once seemed poised to be among the most popular players in franchise history.

Also, you’ll notice that the team is calling premium club membership “the most exclusive sports and entertainment experience available.” Remember when the team was giving away premium seats for free last year?

“Head Coach Jay Gruden, new General Manager Scot McCloughan, and Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry will lead a nucleus of Ryan Kerrigan, DeSean Jackson, plus Pro Bowlers Trent Williams and Alfred Morris. The Redskins are poised to rebound next season!”

groundhog-day-bill-murray-day.jpg

4 players = rebound :o = superbowl :excited:

also

Also, you’ll notice that the team is calling premium club membership “the most exclusive sports and entertainment experience available.” Remember when the team was giving away premium seats for free last year?

100% true. If you were walking through the gate with an upper level ticket they would "upgrade" you to those seats for free. I think this started during the 3rd or 4th home game.

Nucleus of DeSean Jackson... the epitome of mercenary soldier just out for spite...

You can't make this stuff up, people. :pizza:

Remember how they also drafted Cousins right afterwards so they could groom him and recoup a #1 pick? Good times.

Another bad season and Desean will want out of there quickly. Are the Skins moving on from RGIII? It appears the Browns are admitting after one year that Manziel was a mistake but are the Skins willing to admit that, something Snyder has never done. RGIII has always had the full support and pampering of Snyder but has he finally come to his senses? Could the Skins be in the bidding for Mariota or Winston? Just consider this...Skins draft Kelly's boy Marcus Mariota and teams him with Desean. I am sure there are some within the Skins organization that have considered that.