gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I'm referring to Gruden bending over and handing the starting gig back to that bust.

Yeah, because clearly, Griffin's career is over.

I'm referring to Gruden bending over and handing the starting gig back to that bust.

Oh, that. I knew that was going to happen. Can't even make it OTAs before he goes back on his statement that we would have an open competition between the three QBs. 

It's not over, yet. It's clear he has a long way to go as a QB, and I am not confident he is doing the right things to make sure he becomes successful. 

Yeah, because clearly, he totally deserves to have the starting job handed right back to him. Poor guy, he's earned it after all the BS about his bad mechanics and poor decision making.

My conspiracy theory is that they made the announcement to try to inflate his value to trade for draft picks.

But I really don't know squat so whatever :P

Or maybe it was to avoid the controversy of Cousins vs. Griffin all offseason. Gruden publicly says Griffin is the starter, but is that set in stone? I seriously doubt it. I'm guessing he'll still face competition, whether that's against Cousins or a free agent.

Or maybe it was to avoid the controversy of Cousins vs. Griffin all offseason. Gruden publicly says Griffin is the starter, but is that set in stone? I seriously doubt it. I'm guessing he'll still face competition, whether that's against Cousins or a free agent.

Yup, he did it to shut the media up until training camp.  He also did it because he knows Griffing is mentally fragile, and needs to be handled with kid gloves.

Redskins signed DL Ricky Jean-Francois to a three-year, $9 million deal.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Feb 26 - 6:57 PM

Dan snyder and crown royal

Dan snyder and crown royal

I'm pretty sure it's synder chivas regal and Xanax

him breathing, makes him look like a dbag.

"@Jason_OTC: Not sure I get the Redskins decision making”

It's a reasonable deal for a guy on the right side of 30 who just recorded career highs in sacks and tackles. Should be a nice rotational player.

"Sources with the organization" tell NBC Washington that the Redskins are interested in free agent Ndamukong Suh.

Consider this the least-surprising development of the offseason. Owner Daniel Snyder has long thought games are won in March, not September-December. Per the Washington Post, the Redskins have about $25 million in cap space. A run at Suh isn't a pipe dream, but would limit new GM Scot McCloughan's options in his first year on the job. The Redskins are 12-15 players away from being a contender, not one.

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

FWIW, in a weird way it makes sense from a cap perspective. Over a 4 year period teams need to spend 95% of their allowed cap and the R words were prevented from doing so due to the cap penalty when they thumbed their nose at 30 other owners during the uncapped year.

FWIW, in a weird way it makes sense from a cap perspective. Over a 4 year period teams need to spend 95% of their allowed cap and the R words were prevented from doing so due to the cap penalty when they thumbed their nose at 30 other owners during the uncapped year.

This is so completely inaccurate I have a hard time believing even you wrote it. 

You're right. The penality was a big conspiracy led by Mara and Lurie to keep Washington and Dallas down! Oakland only got a slap on the wrist because of how bad they are. Snyder and Jones totally didn't go against the owners agreement to keep the possibility of a salary cap, which helps everyone, in place and redo contracts so that if a new CBA got done they would have taken the majority of the cap hit during the uncapped year.

None of that happened. It was just jealous owners going after poor old Danny boy.

You're right. The penality was a big conspiracy led by Mara and Lurie to keep Washington and Dallas down! Oakland only got a slap on the wrist because of how bad they are. Snyder and Jones totally didn't go against the owners agreement to keep the possibility of a salary cap, which helps everyone, in place and redo contracts so that if a new CBA got done they would have taken the majority of the cap hit during the uncapped year.

None of that happened. It was just jealous owners going after poor old Danny boy.

The owner's agreement? Oh! You mean the illegal collusion which occurred during an uncapped year, in which the NFL wouldn't dare admit to even happening until after they'd secured a way to avoid prosecution by the NFLPA. It most certainly did not help everyone, in only helped the Owners keep salaries down to skew the statistics and better their argument for a lower salary cap for the next decade. 

And yes, Mara shouldn't have been allowed to so clearly go above and beyond any written rules to punish division rivals for his own benefit. This isn't a big conspiracy because it's so Fing obvious. 

Oh! So it did happen?

Washington keeps Niles Paul with a three-year deal

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 6, 2015, 12:10 PM EST

7992948c94fa1408bbcb09aac9dc9c80.jpeg?w=Getty Images

With a flurry of deals starting to happen today, Washington’s getting in on the act.

PFT has confirmed that tight end Niles Paulis staying in the nation’s capital.  It’s a three-year deal with a maximum value of just under $10 million.

Paul didn’t do much of anything his first three seasons, but emerged with 39 catches for 507 yards and a touchdown last year, and could have a bigger role moving forward.

The former wide receiver is a good option anyway, as Jordan Reed hasn’t proven himself the most durable of tight ends.

also this

So Snyder fires Jason Reid on ESPN 980 and pulls the man cave show.

Edit. Looks like They hired him. Then pulled the plug on the show. No word on if he got fired or not.