gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

They are absolutely convinced over there that we are a 3 win team.

Honestly, we could go 0-16 or 19-0 and I wouldn't be surprised

Via ESPN:

One offensive coach said of Griffin, “He is done. The reason why is, the injury slowed his legs, and his ego will not allow him to hit rock bottom and actually grind his way back up the right way.”

Another respondent suggested Griffin is delusional and lacks humility.

“Griffin sees himself like Peyton [Manning], in that light,” a personnel director said. “When he looks in the mirror, he is seeing things that everybody else is not seeing. That is why I was surprised when they gave him the fifth-year [option] and said it was an easy decision.”

An anonymous offensive coach told ESPN's Mike Sando that Robert Griffin III is "done and there's no coming back."

"The injury slowed his legs, and his ego will not allow him to hit rock bottom and actually grind his way back up the right way," the coach continued. In a poll of 35 coaches and personnel executives, the vast majority felt this way. "To get better in this league, you have to have a degree of humility," a personnel director said. RGIII was ranked as the league's 28th-best quarterback in the poll, finishing ahead of only Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel and Geno Smith.

I think Griffin will be better than he was last season, but he won't be great. Therefore due to them needing him to remain healthy so they don't have to pay the 15 mil, they will give him four games to prove himself and then bench him for Colt McCoy. Considering how he's approached this offseason differently, less social media presence, saying the right things, a good minicamp. I think he's actually on the right track to being a good NFL QB...it's just too late for him as a Redskin and he'll have to prove himself somewhere else. 

He'll have to be drastically better in his footwork and throwing mechanics, showing better pocket presence. Reading the defense the way Gruden wants him to. If he's doing that consistently, not perfectly, but enough to make Gruden feel like he's making progress than he'll start the full season. But if he has two games like last season he's getting the hook. 

Yeah.  Saying the right things and reducing your social media presence always saves your career.  That's why Chad Johnson reemerged as a superstar with New England.  

Apparently the defensive line gave themselves a nickname

"Capital Punishment"

:roll:

Apparently the defensive line gave themselves a nickname

"Capital Punishment"

Maybe they're just getting ready to play Dallas.

R-words claim that 7.8 billion unique visitors receive print\online coverage of their training camp

On that note... 2015 why your team sucks: Washington R-words

Some people are fans of the Washington Redskins. But many, many more people are NOT fans of the Washington Redskins. This 2015 Deadspin NFL team preview is for those in the latter group.

Your team: Washington Redskins. #heritagenothate

Your 2014 record: 4-12. But they did lead the league in PRIDE, so there’s that.

The fun thing about the Skins is that, on an annual basis, their abominable record is somehow the least embarrassing thing about them. As always, you can humiliate them simply by listing their vestigial Fups over the past year in random order. Like so!

·They held a Cyber Monday promotion but did not allow you to order anything using your computer.

·They uprooted seats from FedEx Field for the third time in five years. Oh, but I’m sure the waiting list is still three generations deep.

·Their bus crashed.

·They got publicly pwn3d by Jeff Fisher when he made every player traded for RG3 a captain against them.

·“I can’t grade the pass game. Our quarterback does not allow a proper grading of the pass game.”

·Clinton Portis went broke.

·They bribed Indians.

·They hired fake Indians.

·Their fans managed to combine blackface WITH redface somehow.

·Their coach openly admitted that the franchise quarterback is incapable of playing quarterback.

·Joe Theismann lived another year.

·Dan Snyder and his old lady went on TV to defend the Skins nickname, but not before putting on their finest Talbots attire.

·Former lineman Ross Tucker said the team tried to pressure him into renting a luxury box for $125,000. At the time, Tucker’s salary was $300,000.

·They strong-armed the mayor of DC into saying the Redskins nickname, specifically so that they could then strong-arm her into building Dan Snyder a new stadium. I didn’t know you could effectively strong-arm people like this, but that’s DC politics for you.

·Their Twitter still feed gets the most consistently fantastic hostile responses.

·They got rid of Jason Reid, one of their most vocal critics at the Washington Post, by hiring him at a Snyder-owned radio station, giving him a show called “The Man Cave,” mysteriously cancelling the show before it even aired, firing the program director, and then mysteriously reviving the show a little while later. They then blamed the whole fiasco on a John Skipper impersonator.

·Their best defensive back (not saying much) was injured by a pizza:

Take all that into account, and somehow losing 12 games is the most tolerable experience for any Washington fan.

Your coach: Jay Gruden, who is a boob. Let’s all enjoy Baby Fat’s final year as a head coach before he gets shitcanned and spends the rest of his career as a QB coach in the ACC.

Your quarterback: Yep, it’s still RG3! “Some people like to call this ‘the grind.’ You can call it ‘the find’ because you figure out what you got.” JESUS FING CHRIST. There hasn’t been a phonier, cheesier athlete in the history of professional football. RG3 is a fake. A fraud. A clown! And he’s the only person on Earth stupid enough to not realize it. Even A-Rod is appalled by RG3’s lack of genuineness. Was he raised by Gatorade brand managers or something? What is WRONG with this man?

Since he left the warm embrace of Art Briles, every NFL coach that RG3 has encountered has instantly, and publicly, loathed him. This does not happen normally with football players. Coaches tend to avoid openly bashing their own players, for good reason. But give them RG3 and they’ll immediately seize a mic and be like, “Oh my God, get a load of THIS F.” Even when coaches get away from RG3, they can’t stop talking about how much they despise him. “Well, we had to cut the playbook down to just the book jacket because Robert doesn’t know his shapes yet.”

Anyway, you know the deal by now: RG3 was brilliant in his first year, exclusively due to his freakish athletic ability. He has since lost that ability after suffering a torn ACL, a torn LCL, a dislocated ankle, a shattered pituitary gland, a ruptured torso, a broken liver, a torn bladder, a hatchet gun wound, and a full-body tumor. But his daddy still thinks he’s Steve Young, and so the Skins are gonna spend another year Fing the chicken, forcing Gruden to work with a ninth-tier QB that he openly despises.

And you know what? I couldn’t be happier. Those two dummies won’t even make it out of camp without ripping each other’s throats out. This organization can keep an eternal dumpster fire going not matter what the elements throw at them. They are superhuman.

Once RG3 is benched, Skins fans have the choice of embracing either Kirk Cousins or Colt McCoy as their new white savior/unrealistic trade bait. You should have seen people **** themselves after McCoy beat the Cowboys last season. IT’S A NEW DAY, YOU GUYS! I believe that 90% of all spam marketers make their money off of Skins fans. They are Fing sheep. I can’t believe they kept this QB stable exactly the same from a year ago. It’s like they enjoy shitting into their own hands.

What’s new that sucks: Oooooh, loogit the shiny new GM! Just like the big boy teams use! Every year, Dan Snyder has to pull something out of his a** to convince people that things are really different this time, and Scot McCloughan represents perhaps his most convincing effort yet. Look at him think! This is a serious football man. You can bring anyone with a mildly successful background into DC and fans will install that guy as Pope for a period of 16 months.

McCloughan has an impressive resume and football background, which is why it will be even more amusing when the Skins turn him into an incompetent, blubbering stooge. You realize that you still have the same terrible coach and the same terrible quarterbacks, right? Already, McCloughan has warmed to the Ashburn Way by drafting a lineman too high, bringing in Chris Culliver (which is precisely what I expect from the Tea Party wing of the NFL) and signing defensive lineman Terrance “Pot Roast” Knighton away from the Broncos, because great things happen when the Skins sign any oversized, free-agent defensive linemen.

For years, the Skins’ defense was masterminded by UFL legend Jim Haslett. Haz has since been replaced by the only defensive coordinator in football with a less impressive resume: Joe Barry. Barry’s last job as a DC? The 0-16 Lions. Perfect. Fing beautiful. His hiring in DC—which was publicly bungled, by the way—was destiny.

What has always sucked: As always, this is the worst franchise in sports. Their toxicity is infectious. This isn’t like the Knicks, who, on the surface of things, are just as incompetent and evil as their football counterparts. But you can find shame in the Knick organization. It’s in there somewhere, if you burrow down to the lowest levels of the org chart.

That’s not true in Washington. Being part of the Skins in any capacity means agreeing to have your shame surgically removed from your body. Imagine if Donald Trump’s Twitter feed were a football team. That’s the Skins. Three days in Ashburn and you automatically become ignorant, self-important, arrogant, trolling, entitled, and breathtakingly STUPID. So, so Fing stupid. This is the dumbest organization in America of ANY kind, be it a team, or a company, or a political action committee, or a non-profit organization. Line ‘em all up and the Skins will out-moron them at every turn. The mere act of wearing a Skins jersey makes you look like a slobbering idiot. Seriously, you’re all embarrassing yourselves. You may as well be wearing parachute pants and a neon tank top.

This endless embarrassment is what the Skins’ garbage fans deserve. The Nationals are the most talented team in baseball. The Wizards are a playoff team. The Capitals are always good enough every year to blow a 2-0 playoff series lead. And yet, this area remains chock full of mouth-breathers from Herndon who cannot abide going five seconds without talkin’ Skins. It’s like they’re constantly pointing out an ingrown toenail to you. BOY LOOK AT THIS PUS-FILLED TOENAIL. I GOT HOPES FOR THIS TOENAIL. REAL PROUD OF THIS TOENAIL. I can’t stand it. I Fing hate the Skins and I wish they’d die. F the Skins forever. And F Larry Michael.

What might not suck: Picture a world where McCloughan sweeps out Griffin and Gruden and builds a sensible, competent team despite having two officious team officials—Snyder and President Bruce Allen—hanging over his head. Can you picture it? Congratulations, you’re another goddamn sucker.

It's funny reading that article and see how true it rings. On person wrote the following comment:

Stephen:

What we fail to understand as Redskins fans is that in the national NFL fan’s mind, we are basically the equivalent of Jacksonville, Oakland, and Tampa Bay...the garbage teams everyone chalks up as an easy win when they look over the schedule. You’d never know that listening to our local sports radio (owned by the Redskins) though, where a collection of tired ex-Redskins continue to explain daily how excited they are about various facets of this trainwreck.

The nice part about being a Redskins fan and having your local media wholly co-opted by team ownership is that no matter what is going on in the sports world or how badly the team is doing you can always tune in and hear Redskins talk 24/7...Russian paratroopers could be seizing control of Washington and I bet if you turned on our local radio they’d be debating how much more motivated the ‘Skins will be once the Soviets (we will always live in the 80’s here cause that’s the last time the team was any good) have seized power and President Putin can watch in person. Our “play by play man/voice of the Redskins/mouth of Sauron” Larry Michael will do his best Kent Brockman impersonation on welcoming our new overlords so fast, you’ll never see someone pick up the Russian language quicker.

We mortgaged the future of the franchise for a guy who is 5 and 15 over the last two years.

So what do I see today in a thread about being ranked #32 in SportsLine's power rankings?

rg3mvp2014

Posted Today, 10:11 AM

lol this is no different from most of the pages on facebook constantly posting things about the redskins to make them look bad just because the pages have a political bias or issue with the owner. no chance we are the worst team in the league. lol jaguars? titans? raiders?

:lol: too perfect :lol:

It's also worth mentioning that Oakland has finished ahead of them in 4 of the last 6 seasons. But they got em last year! 4 wins to their 3!

In other news, Drama Queen R-word fans are drama queens

He would consider himself the best ever if he could do 2 reads. Which reminds me, I'd love to hear the Skins justification for having the 2nd highest payroll in the league on receivers. With a 1 read quarterback put the money to better use.

This phrase gets thrown around all the time. I can't bring myself to believe that they actually believe what they're saying.

Joe Flacco: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82810e8a/article/joe-flacco-i-think-im-the-best-qb-in-football

Shady: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352192/article/lesean-mccoy-im-the-best-running-back-in-the-nfl

I also heard Philip Rivers say it in lieu of his new contract during a soundbyte earlier today...

Colt McCoy said he was the best quarterback in his draft: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/04/cleveland_browns_prospect_colt.html

As did Brett Hundley: http://jimrome.com/2015/02/13/brett-hundley-talks-nfl-draft-with-jim-rome/

To go along with the best receiver in football, Washington has the best quarterback in the NFL!

Just ask him, http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/robert-griffin-iii-thinks-hes-the-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl/ar-BBlOND3

It's just the nasty media. His name is so big its auto click bait!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/20/redskins-cant-get-rg3-concussion-story-straight/

Redskins can’t get RG3 concussion story straight

Posted by Zac Jackson on August 20, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

Robert Griffing AP

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffing III left Thursday’s preseason game in the second quarter to be evaluated for a right-side stinger and a possible concussion.

Joe Theismann, a color analyst on the Redskins’ preseason broadcast, told viewers that Griffing had taken a concussion test and been cleared. That news was passed along by several outlets, including this one.

But at halftime a Redskins spokesman told others who asked that the team had no comment on Griffing’s health and that he had “no idea” where Theismann got the information he passed along. The Redskins said Griffing was out for the night — he wasn’t returning, anyway — but would not confirm anything regarding the concussion test.

The final answer is that it will be addressed by Redskins coach Jay Gruden after the game.

Griffing was sacked three times and took several other stiff shots in four series, three that ended in punts and one in a lost fumble, vs. the Lions.

He put the target on his back with the "best qb in the league" nonsense. Now everyone wants a piece of him. Even in preseason.

Speaking of which, Great Qb's are smarter than that. They aren't going to take numerous sacks and hits in a preseason game.

He put the target on his back with the "best qb in the league" nonsense. Now everyone wants a piece of him. Even in preseason.

Speaking of which, Great Qb's are smarter than that. They aren't going to take numerous sacks and hits in a preseason game.

In some cases, he didn't have a chance, 3 steps and boom, his LT was beaten like a rented mule on multiple occasions. Still there were times when he had about 5 seconds and still took a sack.

In some cases, he didn't have a chance, 3 steps and boom, his LT was beaten like a rented mule on multiple occasions. Still there were times when he had about 5 seconds and still took a sack.

Yeah I was just going off what I have seen from him in the past. Taking bad sacks and holding the ball too long.

But if his o-line is protecting that bad, wtf is he doing out there dropping back to pass in the preseason? Sounds like the coaches aren't doing him any favors either.