gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Yeah I was just going off what I have seen from him in the past. Taking bad sacks and holding the ball too long.

But if his o-line is protecting that bad, wtf is he doing out there dropping back to pass in the preseason? Sounds like the coaches aren't doing him any favors either.

Yeah, he did some of that yesterday.

I posted some gifs in the other thread, he took some brutal hits. And his LT played like hot garbage.

He's the best in the nfl at getting concussed!

Yeah, he did some of that yesterday.

I posted some gifs in the other thread, he took some brutal hits. And his LT played like hot garbage.

I saw one of the hits he took and it was nasty.

If they don't get the ruin and screen game going it's going to be a very long(or short) season for RGMe

I saw one of the hits he took and it was nasty.

If they don't get the ruin and screen game going it's going to be a very long(or short) season for RGMe

I can't wait to see this Eagles D-Line up against that redskins O-Line.

I think he WANTS to get injured. They picked up his 5th year option for something like 16 million and it's only guaranteed in the event of injury.

With 12:32 to play in the first quarter, he is sacked and fumbles, when he comes up, he's without his helmet and he's shaking his head like he had his bell rung. So, maybe his concussion happened earlier than thought and he just stayed in?

I think he WANTS to get injured. They picked up his 5th year option for something like 16 million and it's only guaranteed in the event of injury.

After his "best qb in the league" comment you could be right. It's the only chance he has to get his foot out of his mouth.

I liked RG3 coming out of college and I still think he had the talent and ability to be a great QB in the NFL. But, he went to Washington, and they just CANNOT develop and groom QB's...

Their QB drought is starting to get as bad as the Bears.

Think of all the QB's they've gone through in the last 20 or so years...

Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jay Schroeder, Gus Frerrotte, Heath Shuler, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Rodney Peete, Jeff George, Tony Banks, Kent Graham, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Danny Wuerrfel, Rob Johnson, Tim Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, McNabb, Rex Grossman, John Beck, Kirk Cousins, RG3, Colt McCoy...  Going back further, who was the last truly great QB for them? Doug Williams? Theismann? Since then, It's averaging out to about a QB a season! You can't blame it all on Snyder because he took over in 1999, but I would say he has been responsible a great deal of the roster meddling since that time and the short time periods QB's have been given there. If they don't produce quickly, they get yanked... The almost constant coaching changes and excessivem, overpaid, and unnecessary free agent signings haven't helped things either.

QB's set foot in Washington and it kills their careers.... It's like Pitchers that sign for the Colorado Rockies... they just cannot develop young talent, and even experienced free agents that have had success prior just seem to lose all ability once they suit up.

If he can come back from injury and get on a decent team, I still think RG3 can be a great QB in this league. I just think he's lost faith in the skins organization and team as a whole and it's not gonna get better until he is on a different roster. There's just too much drama and inconsisitency there for QB's to succeed IMO.

Don't forget the Browns, they've been through something like 24 QB's from 1999-2014

Oh yeah... For sure the Browns... I guess you could argue that they have essentially been an expansion team though... Before that, they had Kosar, and Brian Sipe who were both very good... Tim Couch is another QB that I think could've succeeded in this league if he hadn't been drafted by the expansion Browns...Guy got sacked like he was groceries... Still, they have not found the answer at QB yet and it's been 15 years... Befoe Stafford, the Lions were dying to get a legitimate QB too.

Oh yeah... For sure the Browns... I guess you could argue that they have essentially been an expansion team though... Before that, they had Kosar, and Brian Sipe who were both very good... Tim Couch is another QB that I think could've succeeded in this league if he hadn't been drafted by the expansion Browns...Guy got sacked like he was groceries... Still, they have not found the answer at QB yet and it's been 15 years... Befoe Stafford, the Lions were dying to get a legitimate QB too.

While the Texans haven't had the revolving door of QB's. Another QB I thought could be good was David Carr, that guy was sacked 76 times in one season. Had been somewhere early in his career with an O-Line, I think he would've been pretty good.

While the Texans haven't had the revolving door of QB's. Another QB I thought could be good was David Carr, that guy was sacked 76 times in one season. Had been somewhere early in his career with an O-Line, I think he would've been pretty good.

Well his brother is the best QB in the league, those genes have to run in the family! xD

Zac Jacksong was concussed when he wrote this.

I liked RG3 coming out of college and I still think he had the talent and ability to be a great QB in the NFL. But, he went to Washington, and they just CANNOT develop and groom QB's...

Their QB drought is starting to get as bad as the Bears.

Think of all the QB's they've gone through in the last 20 or so years...

Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jay Schroeder, Gus Frerrotte, Heath Shuler, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Rodney Peete, Jeff George, Tony Banks, Kent Graham, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Danny Wuerrfel, Rob Johnson, Tim Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, McNabb, Rex Grossman, John Beck, Kirk Cousins, RG3, Colt McCoy...  Going back further, who was the last truly great QB for them? Doug Williams? Theismann? Since then, It's averaging out to about a QB a season! You can't blame it all on Snyder because he took over in 1999, but I would say he has been responsible a great deal of the roster meddling since that time and the short time periods QB's have been given there. If they don't produce quickly, they get yanked... The almost constant coaching changes and excessivem, overpaid, and unnecessary free agent signings haven't helped things either.

QB's set foot in Washington and it kills their careers.... It's like Pitchers that sign for the Colorado Rockies... they just cannot develop young talent, and even experienced free agents that have had success prior just seem to lose all ability once they suit up.

If he can come back from injury and get on a decent team, I still think RG3 can be a great QB in this league. I just think he's lost faith in the skins organization and team as a whole and it's not gonna get better until he is on a different roster. There's just too much drama and inconsisitency there for QB's to succeed IMO.

Part of it is for sure the disfunction in Washington but I think the other big problem is his ego. It sounds like he was worshipped at college and even the coaches weren't hard on him. Maybe a better run organization could have set him straight but having the owner taking his side over his coaches made things worse.

That line as a whole looked bad. Yeah the back up LG was bad but I saw immediate pressure from all over the place and yeah in some cases he held onto the ball too long and took unnecessary hits but I still don't think that line looked good at all.

Saw on PFT word is Wash more or less faked this concussion thing so Griffin could skip his mandatory media session.

RG3's OL problems were the same that Vick had in Philly. The OL doesn't know where the QB will be from one play to the next. Each OL stops working as a unit of 5-6 and start following they eyes and shadowing the DL they think they are supposed to block. In the NFL at least one DL will win their respective 1-on-1 matchup.

Essentially those scrambling QBs are great when things break down, but that same ability makes it really tough on their OL to reach their potential.

Saw on PFT word is Wash more or less faked this concussion thing so Griffin could skip his mandatory media session.

If they are trying to protect his confidence by hiding him from the media he's already done. Add in how the national media hates the R-words because of Snyder they will be out for blood.

Smart move. The 1st question would have been, " so do you still think your the best qb in the league Robert? I mean, in a vanilla preseason game you just took a beating and looked completely lost out there"

He will play next Saturday against the Ravens. Whether he makes it out of that game without needing a wheelchair is a different matter...

Exactly haha.  Of all teams to have to go up against. 

I still remember a commercial ESPN aired for the draft the year after Carr was drafted... It was a clip of a Texans game the season before when Carr was a rookie and it showed him walking up preparing to take the snap under center except they CGI'd out the entire Texans O-line so the only thing it showed was the Center, Carr, the RB and the WR's.... then it said "What does your team need?"

So, yeah... His O-line was just awful in Houston.... I never understand why expansion teams don't invest heavier in O-line! It's THE SINGLE most important aspect of a football team!