gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Part of it is for sure the disfunction in Washington but I think the other big problem is his ego. It sounds like he was worshipped at college and even the coaches weren't hard on him. Maybe a better run organization could have set him straight but having the owner taking his side over his coaches made things worse.

That line as a whole looked bad. Yeah the back up LG was bad but I saw immediate pressure from all over the place and yeah in some cases he held onto the ball too long and took unnecessary hits but I still don't think that line looked good at all.

I followed him pretty closely in college and I don't remember anything about him having a huge ego, but I wouldn't doubt that the coaches weren't hard on him. He helped bring them to that level and I'm sure the coaching staff didn't wanna rock the boat. I'm a Arkansas Razorback alum and I can tell you that in that southern area of the country, college football reigns supreme. We were heated rivals in the SWC days. The SWC dissolved and many of those strong teams sorta fell off the map - Houston, Baylor, Rice, TCU, SMU (they sorta casused their own demise), etc. Still, they were dying to be competitive again and I'm sure that as long as they were winning, the coaches were happy and not gonna push them and rock the boat.

Another reason why I like RG3 coming out of college is that he improved every single year he was there. Aside from his injury season, he improved his numbers and quality of play each year.

I honestly hope Kelly pursuers him if he stays healthy and becomes available next season. People can blast me all they want, but pursuing RG3 is really no different than what we've done with Bradford here this season. Plus, I see Griffen fitting into Kelly's system better here than Sanchez, Barkley, and obviously tebow.

You had me until the last 3 sentences.

Another reason why I like RG3 coming out of college is that he improved ever ysingle year he was there. Aside from his injury season, he improved his numbers and quality of play each year.

Interesting, so he's got kind of the reverse thing going on as a pro.

You had me until the last 3 sentences.

Well, I think he has more upside and talent than any of the backups on our roster.

Plus, it's exactly what we did with Braqdford here this year...

Bradford drafted 1st overall and RG3 2nd overall... Both had great college careers... Both won the Heisman...Both had a good year in the NFL, But the rest has been serious injuries and inconsistency. The numbers are actually better on RG3's side vs. Bradford.

How would it be any different than what we are doing right now with Bradford this year?

Bradford can read a defense. Can get the ball out quickly. Is accurate. Can feel defensive pressure (I.E. stay in and use the pocket instead of running right away if his wrs are initially covered). RG3 has shown to be incapable of doing any of those things

The only thing Griffin might have on him is that he is more mobile, but I would rather see Sanchez rolling out. Or Tebow.

And RG3 is tiny compared to Bradford. If you think you cringe now when you see Bradford take a shot, it would be much worse with RG3.

In short, RG3 is garbage. He is a total tear down and rebuild project. And he doesn't have the ego to accept that.

Bradford can read a defense. Can get the ball out quickly. Is accurate. Can feel defensive pressure (I.E. stay in and use the pocket instead of running right away if his wrs are initially covered). RG3 has shown to be incapable of doing any of those things

The only thing Griffin might have on him is that he is more mobile, but I would rather see Sanchez rolling out. Or Tebow.

And RG3 is tiny compared to Bradford. If you think you cringe now when you see Bradford take a shot, it would be much worse with RG3.

In short, RG3 is garbage. He is a total tear down and rebuild project. And he doesn't have the ego to accept that.

That's what he's been since his injury and since Shanahan rushed him back too early. Prior to all of that calamity, he had a Pro Bowl rookie season that took his team to the playoffs. And, he could read defenses, throw accurately, and had solid pocket prescence. Like I said... look at the numbers and they're pretty much the same for both players. I would also argue that Bradford had better talent around him.

And I wanna be clear that I'm not saying go after him in terms of paying him a ton of money and give him a long-term deal and guaranteed starting job, but more like what we are doing with Sanchez right now... a 1 or two year deal and see what he can do. I also wanna be clear that I hope Bradford pans out and plays like a maniac for us.

I think it's easy for us all to hate on RG3 because he's a hated rival, but I do think that there's something there worth looking at and until Kelly drafts that QB of the future, we are looking at possible patchwork QB's until that happens. I don't think any of the guys on this roster are or were in Kelly's long-term plans for QB. I think he's just making do with what's available for now. Unless Bradford is lights out this year, I think there's a strong possiblity that none of these QB's are on this roster in 2 years time.

Bradford never had a season where it looked like he truly didn't belong in the NFL nor has his head coach thought about benching him in favor of another QB on the roster.  Griffing is coming off back to back seasons in which both of those things happened.  

That's what he's been since his injury and since Shanahan rushed him back too early. Prior to all of that calamity, he had a Pro Bowl rookie season that took his team to the playoffs. And, he could read defenses, throw accurately, and had solid pocket prescence.

I'm sorry, but I still disagree. Year 1 he was running the read option and it worked great. It played to his strengths (speed) and masked his weaknesses (what I listed before). All he was asked to do was check his first read then either pitch\hand it off or run. Once he was kneecapped he lost his primary weapon and became a bottom tier QB. If you honestly think he can read a defense and has pocket poise, watch the Washinton-Buccaneers game from last year. And if you think that its just me hating on a rival, give Chris Cooley's take a read. Bottom line is, the dude needs to spend less time in the gym and more time in the film room because he does not have the mental part of the game down, even on the most remedial level.

Like I said... look at the numbers and they're pretty much the same for both players. I would also argue that Bradford had better talent around him.

With the Rams? I dunno. Garcon (who missed most of RG3's only good year but was around for all the garbage years) is much better than anything the Ram's trotted out during Bradford's years in St. Louis. I'm making this statement because I honestly can't remember anyone he threw to. :P (When I get a moment I'll go back and look at the rosters so I'm probably going to find someone decent and look like an a** :lol: ).

At RB you had Morris. Probably the most boring RB on the planet on the field but he got solid yards and was damn reliable. He fell off a bit last year but still was over 1000 yards. Jackson's production about equal when he played with Bradford

TE: Fred Davis smoke his way out of the league, Chris Cooley was pretty much just a jersey and Jordan Reed just sprained his knee reading this. Still better than anything St. Louis trotted out.

At the very least, RG3 had weapons as good as Bradford did in St. Louis IMO

And I wanna be clear that I'm not saying go after him in terms of paying him a ton of money and give him a long-term deal and guaranteed starting job, but more like what we are doing with Sanchez right now... a 1 or two year deal and see what he can do. I also wanna be clear that I hope Bradford pans out and plays like a maniac for us.

So a Vick like deal. I don't think anyone would freak out if he was brought here at a vet min contract to compete for #3. That could be said about anyone. Like Tebow. I wouldn't care either in that situation other than the headache he would cause because he does not know when to shut up. Brian Mitchell agrees

I think it's easy for us all to hate on RG3 because he's a hated rival, but I do think that there's something there worth looking at and until Kelly drafts that QB of the future, we are looking at possible patchwork QB's until that happens. I don't think any of the guys on this roster are or were in Kelly's long-term plans for QB. I think he's just making do with what's available for now. Unless Bradford is lights out this year, I think there's a strong possiblity that none of these QB's are on this roster in 2 years time.

Other than what I striked out (already addressed it as well), I agree. But I think the fact that they gave up a 2nd and tried to extend Bradford means Kelly believes he is his guy. But if he doesn't play well, then yeah, he's going to jettison him.

Do you see Kraft, Mara, or any of the other successful owners going bowling with their "stars"?

This is why they fail

Well....you did click on it. :-)

I thought it wouldn't give me a virus :D

I'm sorry, but I still disagree. Year 1 he was running the read option and it worked great. It played to his strengths (speed) and masked his weaknesses (what I listed before). All he was asked to do was check his first read then either pitch\hand it off or run. Once he was kneecapped he lost his primary weapon and became a bottom tier QB. If you honestly think he can read a defense and has pocket poise, watch the Washinton-Buccaneers game from last year. And if you think that its just me hating on a rival, give Chris Cooley's take a read. Bottom line is, the dude needs to spend less time in the gym and more time in the film room because he does not have the mental part of the game down, even on the most remedial level.

With the Rams? I dunno. Garcon (who missed most of RG3's only good year but was around for all the garbage years) is much better than anything the Ram's trotted out during Bradford's years in St. Louis. I'm making this statement because I honestly can't remember anyone he threw to. :P (When I get a moment I'll go back and look at the rosters so I'm probably going to find someone decent and look like an a** :lol: ).

At RB you had Morris. Probably the most boring RB on the planet on the field but he got solid yards and was damn reliable. He fell off a bit last year but still was over 1000 yards. Jackson's production about equal when he played with Bradford

TE: Fred Davis smoke his way out of the league, Chris Cooley was pretty much just a jersey and Jordan Reed just sprained his knee reading this. Still better than anything St. Louis trotted out.

At the very least, RG3 had weapons as good as Bradford did in St. Louis IMO

So a Vick like deal. I don't think anyone would freak out if he was brought here at a vet min contract to compete for #3. That could be said about anyone. Like Tebow. I wouldn't care either in that situation other than the headache he would cause because he does not know when to shut up. Brian Mitchell agrees

Other than what I striked out (already addressed it as well), I agree. But I think the fact that they gave up a 2nd and tried to extend Bradford means Kelly believes he is his guy. But if he doesn't play well, then yeah, he's going to jettison him.

I would agree that he needs to spend more time on the playbooks... I would also agree that he needed to spend less time in the gym, but due to inujury, he sorta had to... And I still stand by my comment that he was rushed back by Shanahan far too quickly. And I think that plays a big part of his head not being in the game the way it should be. I also agree that his rookie season was typical in terms of playcalling, but it was pretty extraoridinary in terms of results... Especially for that team.

As far as Talent, I agree that Morris is more spit than polish but he gets results. I'd say he and Jackson were about even. And you're right about the WR/TE talent... after looking back, It might be a bigger edge to the skins... They had Garcon, and Santana Moss. But the rest was Leonard Hankerson, Josh Morgan, Aldrick Robertson,Brandon Lloyd for a couple of years, and Fred Davis - but it when he started to falter on-and-off the field. Cooley was already hurt and gone by the time Griffen got there...

Looking back at Bradford whether we are talking about his first 3 years in the league or the same time period that RG3 was in the NFL, he didn't have much to work with - Brandon Gibson, Austin Pettis, Brandon Lloyd (Jeez, where hasn't this guy played?) Danny Amendola, Danario Alexander, Mike sims-Walker, Chris Givens, Lance Kendricks, Billy Bajema, Brian Quick, Tavon Austin, Jared Cook, Laurent Robertson, Greg Salas, the great Stephen Spach, etc... It's a virtual Who's Who of "Where are they now" players... So, I'm eating some crow on that now... for some reason, I Thought he had more talent around him... I knew Isaac Bruce, Ricky Proehl, and Torry Holt weren't there, but I didn't know it was that lean.

As far as not knowing when to shaddap, I agree, but it's getting hard to fault a player these days when they say something dumb becasue it seems like they CONSTANTLY have a mic in their face and these sports reporters/writers are getting closer and closer to being on the level of the National Enquirer. But I still think it would be well worth a short term vet minimum deal... Bottom line, If we could have RG3 on this roster competing for a backup roster spot for the same money we are paying Sanchez or Barkley, I think almost everyone on here would be in favor of that.

Hopefully, Bradford stays healthy and passes for 4000 yards 30 TD's and leads us to a Lombardi...

I'm so glad they're in our division. Pretty good chance of sweeping them every year. 

After initially insisting that a controversial tweet apparently sent by the wife of Washington G.M. Scot McCloughan had come from a fake account, the team now admits that she indeed posted a disparaging comment about ESPN reporter Diana Russini.

“I deeply apologize for the disparaging remarks about an ESPN reporter on my personal Twitter account,” Jessica McCloughan said in a statement issued by the franchise to PFT. “The comment was unfounded and inappropriate, and I have the utmost respect for both the reporter and ESPN. I regret that my actions have brought undeserved negative attention to the Redskins organization and its leadership. My comments in no way reflect the opinions or attitudes of the organization and I regret that my behavior has in any way negatively impacted the team and its loyal fan base.”

On August 30, Jessica McCloughan directed this message to Russini, via TheBigLead.com: “Please tell us how many BJ’S you had to give to get this story. And did they laugh at you before or after?”

Many were skeptical of the denial, due to the apparent interaction of the account with an account belonging to Jessica McCloughan’s son..

PFT previously asked ESPN for a comment on the story, before the admission and apology from Jessica McCloughan. A response is expected soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/02/wife-of-washington-g-m-admits-to-disparaging-remarks-about-espn-reporter/

ESPN has released a statement backing its reporter in a bizarre dustup with the wife of Washington General Manager Scot McCloughan.

After a report from ESPN’s Dianna Russini about dissension within the organization about whether to move on from quarterback Robert Griffin III, Jessica McCloughan directed a tweet at Russini saying, “Please tell us how many BJ’S you had to give to get this story. And did they laugh at you before or after?”

Although the team initially claimed the tweet came from a fake Twitter account, Jessical McCloughan has now admitted that she did, in fact, write the tweet. ESPN is understandably not happy about that.

“Dianna is an excellent reporter who should never have to be subjected to such vulgar comments. We are obviously extremely disappointed by today’s developments,” ESPN said in a statement.

ESPN is, obviously, correct in standing by its reporter, as the accusation that Jessica McCloughan leveled is completely inappropriate, and dragging Russini’s name through the mud is unacceptable.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/02/espn-obviously-extremely-disappointed-by-wife-of-scot-mccloughan/

My beautiful wife is the empathetic one in our relationship. Often she brings up a point to make me step back and reevaluate.

So I told her this story earlier to get her pov. Her reaction?

"It's common for alcoholics, active or recovering, to cheat."

As much as I like to mf that team, I do hope he is on the path to recovery and that this is baseless

My beautiful wife is the empathetic one in our relationship. Often she brings up a point to make me step back and reevaluate.

So I told her this story earlier to get her pov. Her reaction?

"It's common for alcoholics, active or recovering" to cheat.

As much as I like to mf that team, I do hope he is on the path to recovery and that this is baseless

agreed, its not really funny its about him, its just funny that this stuff only happens to the redskins

What else can go wrong for them this year? What a train wreck.