gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

The Redskins GM's wife accused an ESPN reporter on Twitter of trading sexual favors for scoops

http://www.businessinsider.com/wife-accuses-espn-reporter-of-trading-sexual-favors-for-scoops-2015-9

screen%20shot%202015-09-02%20at%2010.29.

On Wednesday, Black Sports Online reported that Jessica McCloughan, the wife of Washington Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan, accused ESPN reporter Dianna Russini on Twitter of exchanging sexual favors for information and of being her husband's "side chick."

Russini was the reporter who broke the story that Kirk Cousins was replacing Robert Griffin III as Washington's starting quarterback for this year.

Here's McCloughan's original tweet, which has since been deleted. The account has been deleted as well:

screen%20shot%202015-09-02%20at%2010.04.

Deadspin reports that the account most likely belonged to McCloughan, considering her son's account had tweeted at it, as well as the wife of another Redskins employee. A Washington Redskins PR person immediately denied that the account had truly belonged to McCloughan.

Then, just a few hours ago, McCloughan released a statement owning up to the tweet and offering an apology.

Here's the statement in full from Jessica McCloughan via the #Redskins. pic.twitter.com/tFRdNWEffQ

— Brian McNally (@bmcnally14) September 3, 2015

ESPN also released its own statement:

"Dianna is an excellent reporter who should never have to be subjected to such vulgar comments. We are obviously extremely disappointed by today's developments."

I wonder if the people that think their name isnt offensive because of all the studies that show native americans love the nickname also believe that 7.8 billion people follow the team 

I mean, it was on a pretty official looking chart. Maybe its true!

27wu3j9.jpg

Just when you think the Rwords are all out of faceplam

Would You Believe It If I Told You The Redskins Charge $50 To Leave A Ticket At Will Call? (I Looked Up Every Other NFL Team And Can’t Find Anyone Else That Charges To Leave Tickets At Will Call)

k1tbgp.png

So this tweet got RT’d onto my timeline today. And I thought that was rather strange. $50 to leave a ticket at will call? $50 to allow someone else to see the game so there’s not an empty seat. Very strange I thought, but hey, it’s the NFL, maybe it’s not all that ridiculous. So being the Natey Brokaw that I am, I looked up every other team’s will call policy. And would you believe it if I told you I found ZERO other teams that charge fans to leave tickets at will call?! Would ya believe it???? That only your Washington Redskins, owned by one midget F Dan Snyder, are the only team that charges to leave a ticket at will call. And it’s not like a $5 “processing charge” or some ****. It’s 50 Fing dollars. This team goes out of it’s way to nickel and dime their fans at any corner possible. It’s a billion dollars to park 3 miles away from the stadium. Dan Snyder sues old ladies. He sues newspaper columnists for writing mean words about him. Remember the time he gave his employees apples instead of Christmas bonuses? And now we find out he is the only owner in the NFL to charge fans to leave tickets at Will Call. Laugh out loud. The Bengals who are notoriously cheap to the extent they were featured in a John Oliver rant about public funding for teams don’t even charge. The Arizona Cardinals don’t charge. Jerry Fing Jones doesn’t charge. But the Redskins do, because of course they do.

PS: “Hey Nate, why do you make you team look bad?” I want nothing more than for them to win, but I hate Dan Snyder SO SO SO much I want him to burn and die and this is the only way I can do it. I don’t have a mountain to push him off of, I have a blog to do my best to embarrass him on with a tiny bit of hope it makes a tiny difference and something will change with him and this clown shoes franchise I support.

33o74hw.png

Unbelievable. How has the NFL under Adolf Goodell not stepped in and fined or disciplined them? What a horrible train wreck.

Some schmoe on ES thinks DJax is gonna be the savior of the season:

I'm just jumping in to say: ...(and I'm not sure which thread I should use for now lol) ...

After a deep breath, the dust settling, and watching some tape from last year....Kirk Cousins is perfectly capable of getting the ball to Desean Jackson. I should say - perfectly capable of using Desean Jackson the way this offense intends to use him, which is a DANGEROUS thing to have, no matter how much people want to laugh at our RG3/BJGate scandals.

You know. Desean Jackson. That guy who's so good, maybe a little banged up, but so good that NO ONE is asking him to play meaningless preseason games?

SO, to be pertinent to this thread, the switch was an easy decision once the coaches realized they couldn't call a controlled offense with RG3. They're seeking total control of a game. You'll never have TOTAL control. But they had NO control with RG3. When RG3 made a nice play to desean, it seemed circumstantial. With Cousins it seemed planned.

We're going to see turnovers. Everyone does. It will be ridiculous how much we panic over Cousins' turnovers. But we have players like Desean and Garcon, Reed if he's healthy, hell Grant and Ross...ESPECIALLY a player like Ross...who's figuring out how to play WR...that need to feel like they're running routes for a reason. Needs to be in a constant, reliable but maybe not perfect series of plays. RG3 was just a toss up, damn near every play.

Desean Jackson btw. We forgot we had Desean Jackson during all of this. The defense can screw up 4 plays as long as Desean spends 1 running all the way to the end zone.

Some schmoe on ES thinks DJax is gonna be the savior of the season:

:roll:  DeSean Jackson btw.  :roll: :roll:

Dan Steinberg@dcsportsbog 14m Redskins countdown to kickoff hit a snag when it reached 10 days

CODweuoWsAAvsU_.jpg

CODweuuWoAACixa.jpg

CODwexOWgAACmgF.jpg

:roll::roll:

My God the material writes itself. LMFAO!

If only Derek Carr went to the skins, our heads would explode from laughing so much.

The lack of fans coming to support their redskins right here in atnfl is pretty interesting.

I get a kick out of snyders failures as much as the next eagle fan, but i look back to last time the eagles played them and guess what? That joke of a franchise beat the eagles.

And people wonder why chip turnednthe roster over.....

The lack of fans coming to support their redskins right here in atnfl is pretty interesting.

I get a kick out of snyders failures as much as the next eagle fan, but i look back to last time the eagles played them and guess what? That joke of a franchise beat the eagles.

And people wonder why chip turnednthe roster over.....

we also beat the ravens the year they won the superbowl and we went 4-12 who cares. 

Today is the day that rosters must reduce to 53. Which means that every team will be cutting plenty of players between now at 4:00 p.m. ET.

According to Jeff Darlington of NFL Media, Washington won’t be cutting quarterback Robert Griffin III. Which means he won’t be RG-3-years-and-out.

Instead, the man who roughly a month ago was reconfirmed as the starter will be the primary backup to new starter Kirk Cousins. Which means Griffin won’t be RG-3-rd-string.

The decision likely arises at least in part from the fact that Griffin is RG-3-point-249-million-guaranteed in 2015, money he’ll make whether he’s on the team or not, with no offset for money he makes elsewhere. So if they’re going to pay him either way, why not keep him around?

The problem is that, if/when he plays this year, any injury that would carry into next season would entitle him to $16.1 million from the team, since his fifth-year option salary is guaranteed for injury.

Of course, he’s already injured; he has a concussion. And there’s an obvious temptation to not be cleared from the concussion through next season, in order to get the $16.1 million. That’s why the team needs to flip the incentive, telling him that he’ll be cut if he’s cleared to play, so that he can then play elsewhere in 2015 instead of being relegated to scrub with a franchise for which not long ago he was seen as a savior.

Even if he’s going to be a backup somewhere (and he surely would be at first), wouldn’t Griffin much rather be a backup in a place where he has never been a star? While his performance in 2012 seems like a long time ago for anyone of the outside, Griffin still works out in the same place, practices in the same place, plays in the same place, wears the same uniform.

A change of scenery could be just what he needs. Offering it could be exactly what the team needs to avoid the risk of Griffin receiving 17 game checks worth $947,000 each in 2016.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/05/report-robert-griffin-iii-wont-be-cut/

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  23s23 seconds ago Redskins are expected to keep RGIII on 53-man roster today, as @JeffDarlington reported. Not everyone in their building is happy about it.

The odd story of Robert Griffin III’s concussion has taken another strange turn: The independent neurologist who first cleared Griffin to play, then said the next day that Griffin could not play, has reportedly resigned and will no longer work with the NFL going forward.

The Washington Post reports that Dr. Robert N. Kurtzke resigned from the neurological consultant program operated by the NFL and the NFL Players Association. According to the report, Kurtzke will continue to consult with Griffin until he’s fully cleared to return to the field, but otherwise Kurtzke is done working with the NFL.

It’s unclear why Kurtzke has decided to stop working with the NFL, which has said that its reliance on independent neurologists like Kurtzke is an important part of keeping players safe after suffering concussions. But whatever the reasons, it’s a bad look after the situation with Griffin has been thoroughly botched from the beginning.

When Griffin first went down in an August 20 preseason game, the team couldn’t get its story straight about whether he suffered a concussion or not. Later, coach Jay Gruden said Griffin did have a concussion but would remain the team’s starting quarterback. Reports out of Washington said the team didn’t think Griffin’s concussion was severe, and questions were raised about whether the concussion was just used as a pretext to keep Griffin from talking to the media. Griffin then returned to practice as Gruden continued to insist that Griffin would be the starter. Asked directly if he had a concussion or not, Griffin refused to answer. The team then said Griffin had been cleared to play and would start the third preseason game. A day later, the team announced that Kurtzke hadn’t cleared Griffin to play after all, and said it could be weeks before he’d be ready to go. Then Gruden abruptly changed course and announced that Griffin is now a backup.

Gee, why wouldn’t Dr. Kutzke want to be associated with something like that?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/05/report-independent-neurologist-resigns-after-rg3-fiasco/

Edited by Don Corleone

I would resign from working with the NFL, knowing that the Skins concocted this whole Concussion thing to buy them more time.

An organization of arse clowns, in a league run by arse clowns.

I would resign from working with the NFL, knowing that the Skins concocted this whole Concussion thing to buy them more time.

An organization of arse clowns, in a league run by arse clowns.

not that I wish anyone harm , but I hope something happens to RG3 and they are on he hook for 16 mil , rg3 deserves the free money for having to deal with snyder and be a uncle tom o him and the skins well where do I start 

not that I wish anyone harm , but I hope something happens to RG3 and they are on he hook for 16 mil , rg3 deserves the free money for having to deal with snyder and be a uncle tom o him and the skins well where do I start

I'd much rather RG3 go to an AFC team and play well - provided he changes his attitude and gains some humility. That would be the ultimate FU to Snyder and the skins.

Will Bob go diva on the sidelines after cousins typical ints?

I'm guessing it will go down like this:

After a few games where Cousins has a 2:1.5 (or worse) INT:TD ratio the fans will start RG3 chants in the stands.

After the game, RG3 will be asked about it. RG3 will make some passive aggressive remarks.

DC media will take up the cause, start writing article after article asking if its personal with Gruden that he isn't playing.

Danny reads these articles, puts pressure on Gruden

Gruden either:

1) Sticks to his guns, gets fired once they hit double digit losses

2) Succumbs to pressure, starts Griffen. Tries to force Snyder to buy out his contract after the year

3) Quits

4) Does his best Pvt. Leonard Lawrence impression

Lmao, you guys are so obsessed with every move the Skins make you might as well admit you're all really Skins fans.

Here, maybe this will help persuade you...

dk1IL2Q.jpg