gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

On 8/18/2016 at 9:39 AM, Marinomanx013 said:

There was a time when you could get banned for praising Kirk on ES. Like, it was a ban-able offense. :lol: 

I got 4 accounts banned for liking Kirk in threads ... on account name was CrazE4Cousins   :D

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

or Its the way of life anymore ... It was tried on me . But back fired , I am now a single Father of 4  with 0 help.   I dont get a check  :(

I'm really sorry to hear that man. That's a lot of responsibility. You have my respect. 

On August 20, 2016 at 4:04 PM, NE.Jon said:

I got 4 accounts banned for liking Kirk in threads ... on account name was CrazE4Cousins   :D

That's why ES is the worst sports site in existence. 

ES is to sport sites as Scientology is to religion.  

:roll: Rwords defensive workbook found in dumpster:roll: 

It wasn’t exactly Kramer finding the old Merv Griffin set in a dumpster -- and if you’re not a Seinfeld fan, just google it -- but apparently a little digging around some garbage yielded a former player's notes on the Washington Redskins' defense.

The Redskins say it’s no big deal. A starting player said it wasn’t anything serious. But for a caller to the Sports Junkies radio show on 106.7 The Fan, it was gold. "Gold, Jerry! Gold!" (I’m in a Seinfeld mood today). One of the notebooks had rookie undrafted free agent Ejiro Ederaine’s name on it.

He was released on Saturday. The caller also sent a picture to the Junkies of three burgundy notebooks with the team name at the top and the words “Defensive Workbook” at the bottom. They’re not playbooks; the Redskins use iPads for that and those are given back when a player is cut.

Here are the playbooks the Junks listener found in Ashburn.

The caller, Josh from Ashburn, told the Junkies on the air that, “It’s the entire defensive playbook with audibles, descriptions of what the guy’s supposed to do, the whole nine yards…

“It has what you do in a hot route, what his assignment would have been, what the guy next to him’s assignment would have been. It has breakdowns and handwritten things of the new calls, like the defense changed the call or whatever. He scratched it out and put the new verbiage for it. I mean, it’s got everything.”

Josh from Ashburn said he spotted some burgundy and gold items in a clear plastic bag as he was unloading trash from his truck. So he opened the bag, which included a backpack full of the books and Redskins’ clothing. He told the Junkies that he contacted the team Wednesday, of which he’s a fan (lucky for them), and, he said, they were going to be in touch with him about getting the items back. That hadn’t happened as of Thursday morning.

If you’ll recall in the spring, the Redskins lost medical records when they were stolen from the car of athletic trainer Larry Hess in Indianapolis. But it doesn’t appear as if the Redskins are sweating this latest mishap.

No matter what’s said, teams are always cautious with information being leaked. But there’s so much information gleaned from film and players moving around to various teams that it’s much ado about nothing. Still, if nothing else Josh from Ashburn can study the plays and soon find out whether they’re real, and they're spectacular.

You can't make this stuff up :lol: 

Honestly, what is the hometown opinion of Cousins.  As he seems to always plays his best football against the Eagles I think that he actually should turn out to be pretty good... somewhere better than Matt Stafford but below the elite at the position.  Is this the general consensus among Redskins' fans?

Also, will the Redskins' defense be able to stop people?

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Honestly, what is the hometown opinion of Cousins.  As he seems to always plays his best football against the Eagles I think that he actually should turn out to be pretty good... somewhere better than Matt Stafford but below the elite at the position.  Is this the general consensus among Redskins' fans?

Also, will the Redskins' defense be able to stop people?

I think half of the fanbase has convinced themselves he is already elite, and the other half are hoping he can be. Cousins is a smart dude, but he's somewhat emotional. Personally, I don't like emotional QBs as their judgment in the game becomes clouded and they make mistakes. But I admit to seeing Kirk improve upon that, and I like his confidence. I have no idea if he goes back to the Kirk of 2012-2014, or if he continues to be the Kirk of 2015. 

The defense is better than last season. The secondary has improved, but it may not seem like it has because I don't think this unit can stop the run. Our DL lacked a true NT, so they signed Jenkins, who is done. Our DEs are good, but the middle is a problem and I'm hoping someone steps up and surprises me though. Our inability to stop the run will keep a unit with good LBs, great corners, and decent safeties from being a top 10 unit. 

Cousins has high highs(You like that!!!), and low lows(Mr. Pickle then pouts). But if he can get on a role, like he did in the 2nd half of the season last year, he can easily be in the top 10 QBs consistently.

The nay-says will point to their lack of running game, as a reason he will be down this year. To which I'd say - "Uhhhhh, did you watch the skins play last year?" They couldn't run then either, and Cousins still set lots of Skins passing records.

Ideally, Scott Mac-clue-han, the GM, does NOT sign Cousins after this year and believes the system makes the QB, and not the other way around. You can't judge Gruden's/Skins' system based on what RG3 did, because RG3 was a HORRIBLE QB, who thought he was above all that ACTUAL Xs and Os football type work.

I don't think Cousins will flame out, but I can see him having stretches of Bad games, as the $100+ million dollar contract weighs heavy over his head at times. And if that happens, Scott M. is less likely to back up the Brinks truck.

5 minutes ago, CountBlah said:

I don't think Cousins will flame out, but I can see him having stretches of Bad games, as the $100+ million dollar contract weighs heavy over his head at times. And if that happens, Scott M. is less likely to back up the Brinks truck.

I can see this happening. 

Giants LB Keenan Robinson on Redskins: 'It's the same old story'

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - New York Giants linebacker Keenan Robinsonknows a little something about the Washington Redskins. Robinson played in Washington for three seasons before joining the Giants.

What's happening with the 0-2 Redskins right now looks familiar to Robinson, who signed a one-year deal with the Giants this offseason. Washington has allowed 65 points the first two weeks of the season despite signing prized free-agent cornerback Josh Norman, and there are already reports of grumbling in the locker room.

Robinson has seen this before.

"It's the same old story," he said Tuesday as the Giants began preparations to face the Redskins on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.

Robinson left as a free agent this past offseason. He said he was offered a long-term deal after the 2014 campaign, but he decided against it because he didn't think Washington was where he wanted to be for the next four or five years.

The atmosphere wasn't right, he said, and he struggled with injuries and performance last season. A return was never an option, even though the Redskins won the NFC East and made the playoffs in 2015.

"When I was there, three out of four years, it was the same thing," Robinson said. "Once they get down, they start pointing fingers. And that is true. That is what happens. And for the Redskins -- I've only been on one team before I came here, and that was them -- and all I saw was not the right way to handle it. I feel like they didn't handle it the right way when I was there. They may be handling it different now. But when I was there, they started pointing fingers, people started talking. That's how you get dissension in the locker room.

"For us, we have to use that to our advantage. We have to do what we do, play our role, play football, play aggressive, play fast, play physical. We can't worry about what their team is doing."

Robinson is much happier with the Giants. He's not starting in their base defense, but he is one of their two primary nickel linebackers. He played 52 of the 62 defensive snaps Sunday as the Giants held quarterback Drew Brees and the Saints to one touchdown.

"I like it here better. I would say that for sure," Robinson said. "Obviously, I was there four years now, I'm here now. Just so far, the kind of atmosphere, you've got a whole bunch of guys from new places and we have lots of big changes on the defensive side of the ball. We've all seemed to bond together, come together pretty well. You've got a lot of big name guys but they don't act like big name guys."

I find it funny Keenan wants to pretend like he chose not to come back to DC, when the reality is he was benched half way through the season and was not given a serious offer to come back as a starter. They were fine with giving him a small "show me" deal and let him compete with Will Compton(who isn't good) for the starter spot. He chose New York. Based off that BS narrative alone makes me question his thoughts on the locker room when he was here. 

5 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

I find it funny Keenan wants to pretend like he chose not to come back to DC, when the reality is he was benched half way through the season and was not given a serious offer to come back as a starter. They were fine with giving him a small "show me" deal and let him compete with Will Compton(who isn't good) for the starter spot. He chose New York. Based off that BS narrative alone makes me question his thoughts on the locker room when he was here. 

So your saying there was NOT finger pointing in the skins locker room, over the past 4 years?

i know you are NOT saying that, right?

16 hours ago, CountBlah said:

So your saying there was NOT finger pointing in the skins locker room, over the past 4 years?

i know you are NOT saying that, right?

No, but I know there was. The same way there is in every locker room of a losing team after a loss. It's nothing special or especially dysfunctional with this locker room. And it's hilarious that he's pretending like he chose New York instead of wanting to come back to that same dysfunctional locker room. 

Yup.  Everything is great in DC as it always is.

as soon as i saw smith on the show, i turned it off. Sorry.

With that said, i hope the whole wash team plays the birds.

1 hour ago, IronSaviour said:

as soon as i saw smith on the show, i turned it off. Sorry.

With that said, i hope the whole wash team plays the birds.

I usually hate him  , but i saw in comments from people that watched he gave props to the eagles .  SO I had to watch  it was pretty funny .  The redskins comments on both youtube and ES even more so 

The Washington fans sent him a lot of very stern tweets.  That's how they roll.

So he was loving Monday Morning's show :roll: 

6 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

I was gonna look for a pic of a broom, but then I remembered the one I used last year. 

lol x 2

only took taking out our only weapon and last blocking TE . congrats !!!!!  Well deserved ? 

Soooooooo loved the crap the bed routine the skins pulled today, at home no less.

the radio has been painful to listen to, with the skins fan claiming 95+% certainty that the skins would win the game today.  But man, is it going to be ever so sweet to listen to local DC radio after this one.

Thanks skins, you gave me a real New Years present today!

Cousins pushes ref in a charity game . He has done this during the regular season as well I htink it was during a Pokes game .

http://deadspin.com/kirk-cousins-shoves-volunteer-official-at-charity-flag-1792008254

We’ve illustrated Kirk Cousins’s legendary competitiveness a few times, but the Washington QB may have taken it a bit far today at a charity flag football game when he got very angry and shoved a volunteer official.

A witness who was on the field at the time reports Cousins went apoplectic about the umpire not being able to quickly spot the ball for his team’s attempt at a game-winning touchdown. That umpire—who we’re told is a lawn service superintendent—wagged his finger at Cousins, who we’re told was "super pissed” about the delay in spotting the football. A witness who was on the field at the time insists Cousins was legitimately mad and not just playing it up for show. Here’s another angle:

YOU LIKE THAT!?

The game, hosted by a celebrity fitness website, raised money for veterans’ mental health. Cousins’s team, despite having multiple opportunities to score at the end of the game, lost to a squad helmed by Doug Flutie.

Update (9:34 p.m.): The official Cousins shoved tells us:

I’m the official that Cousins shoved. He was fired up because he was losing and running out of time. Then the other team knocked the ball away while I was trying to set it for play. He wanted me to flag him for swatting it, but what he doesn’t know is that we were enforcing another penalty and it was going to give him another down. He never apologized or even showed any kind of regret. That’s ok though... everyone else gets to see how he is