Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

7,950 posts in this topic

Fun fact : Redskins are the first team ever to lose a pair of 1k yard receivers during the same year  , let alone same time :D .  Kirk Cousins has to Love that and sure that helps another prove it year 

One of the few big-name free agents left on the market found a home Monday.

Linebacker Zach Brown agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Washington Redskins, pending a physical, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation.

Brown is coming off a breakout Pro Bowl season with the Buffalo Bills, compiling 149 tackles, four sacks, one interception, four passes defensed and two forced fumbles.

Ranked No. 20 on Around The NFL's top 101 free agents list, Brown was one of the few playmaking inside linebackers available this offseason.

Brown visited the Dolphins, Raiders and Bills before landing with Washington.

Still just 27 years old, Brown is a solid run defender and good covering in space. He should be an upgrade over incumbent inside linebacker Will Compton next to Mason Foster on the interior of the Redskins D.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...brown-washington-redskins-agree-on-1year-deal

18 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

One of the few big-name free agents left on the market found a home Monday.

Linebacker Zach Brown agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Washington Redskins, pending a physical, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation.

Brown is coming off a breakout Pro Bowl season with the Buffalo Bills, compiling 149 tackles, four sacks, one interception, four passes defensed and two forced fumbles.

Ranked No. 20 on Around The NFL's top 101 free agents list, Brown was one of the few playmaking inside linebackers available this offseason.

Brown visited the Dolphins, Raiders and Bills before landing with Washington.

Still just 27 years old, Brown is a solid run defender and good covering in space. He should be an upgrade over incumbent inside linebacker Will Compton next to Mason Foster on the interior of the Redskins D.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...brown-washington-redskins-agree-on-1year-deal

Superbowl ? :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Superbowl ? :ph34r:

Of course not. But I'm sure even if I say no, you'll still claim I said yes. 

1 minute ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Of course not. But I'm sure even if I say no, you'll still claim I said yes. 

:P

While the Redskins have lost two 1K WR's in one offseason, do you think the Bucs may have overpaid for Desean Jackson?  That's insanity money.  Any Eagles fan knows Desean goes where's he's "paid!".  NFL football is second on his list of priorities.  

LOL Junior Gallete Arrested :D  All we have heard for 2 years how great this guy will be for them  "" if he makes it back to the field.  Well from the report, he was running from the cops . So was he in shape and just collecting a pay check ?  Or was he finally all healed up ready to make a come back  and just Fd it up ? 

LOL  its reported Jonathan Allen is practicing with the 3rd team  .... Oh Yeah  he will be a force to worry about in the East :D 

John KeimESPN Staff Writer 

Redskins first-round pick Jonathan Allen worked with the No. 3 line in the 11-on-11 work. Do not read too much into it: the Redskins rotated their linemen throughout the session.

Me every time this thread is bumped by Jon or Blah

excited-baby.gif

5 minutes ago, paco said:

Me every time this thread is bumped by Jon or Blah

excited-baby.gif

I do it just for you my friend .... Screw starting a new one . This will be the thread of all threads 

21 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

I do it just for you my friend .... Screw starting a new one . This will be the thread of all threads 

If you have time to kill,and I'm talking like a week, I can point you to a thread on another board that is epic.  It covers 1 year (2006) of the r-words and is just over 300 pages full of ES homerisim (and it blowing up in their faces), epic FA fails, a DTC "invasion" (that gets quickly b****slapped and causes them to run for the hills), etc etc etc.  (That was the year they squeeked into the playoffs the previous season and barely won a playoff game.  They were almost forced to dismantle their team due to cap issues but there was a huge increase in the cap saving them, loaded up on a ton of high priced FA's, them praising Gibbs (and the two new coordinaters in saunders\williams) (and I mean litteraly making a religious figure out of him), crying because the rest of the world hated their off season, thought they got the next jerome bettis TJ Duckett.... and then flopped on their way to another 5 win season)

If I need some Schadenfreude to cheer me up, its a go to for me :lol: 

One of the best ES threads  is the game day thread for the Monday night game where they got destroyed. So much hope pre game, by the end of the first it was all depression.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Mike P said:

One of the best ES threads  is the game day thread for the Monday night game where they got destroyed. So much hope pre game, by the end of the first it was all depression.

:lol: I remember that. (assuming you mean the 2013 opener)  Their climax was when R3 ran on the field and planted the redskins flag.  The "OMG, THIS IS IT! SUPERBOWL" vibe was tangible.

Then reality sunk in :roll: 

15 minutes ago, paco said:

:lol: I remember that. (assuming you mean the 2013 opener)  Their climax was when R3 ran on the field and planted the redskins flag.  The "OMG, THIS IS IT! SUPERBOWL" vibe was tangible.

Lol, that one was good. But the one where Mcnabbs extension was announced and Vick went crazy on them. 

7 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Lol, that one was good. But the one where Mcnabbs extension was announced and Vick went crazy on them. 

Ohhh.... lol, yeah.  I remember that one as well.

That whole "sorry for benching you last week" extension really blew up on them in a front office PR way.  Too bad it was structured in a way they could cut with no financial ramifications.

So sad, you guys have to go back 3-4 years to reminisce about any success against us. :lol: 

1 person likes this

Yeah, yeah.  It's been rough very recently.  But not so rough that I'm jealous of 2 playoff wins in 17 years however

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

So sad, you guys have to go back 3-4 years to reminisce about any success against us. :lol: 

far from Jelly of a team that barely made .500   I find it funny when the Skins fans think its something special to beat a Chip Kelly destroyed team  then having trouble with a Rookie HC and QB .  This year will be telling  , but the skins fans will hold onto  5 in a row to try and justify  and to grab straws .   Its like the default ring burn ... when desperate someone always brings up the rings .

9 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

far from Jelly of a team that barely made .500   I find it funny when the Skins fans think its something special to beat a Chip Kelly destroyed team  then having trouble with a Rookie HC and QB .  This year will be telling  , but the skins fans will hold onto  5 in a row to try and justify  and to grab straws .   Its like the default ring burn ... when desperate someone always brings up the rings .

Desperate? LOL! Yes I'm sooo scared since you guys haven't beaten us since 2014. I'll be requoting that broom I gave you guys almost three years ago. And once again it's sad, because you know it. Enjoy your weekend, dude. :-)

On 4/4/2017 at 1:35 AM, Iggles said:

While the Redskins have lost two 1K WR's in one offseason, do you think the Bucs may have overpaid for Desean Jackson?  That's insanity money.  Any Eagles fan knows Desean goes where's he's "paid!".  NFL football is second on his list of priorities.  

I dont think so man...they have loaded winston with weapons. Evans, jackson, oj howard, eek

6 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Desperate? LOL! Yes I'm sooo scared since you guys haven't beaten us since 2014. I'll be requoting that broom I gave you guys almost three years ago. And once again it's sad, because you know it. Enjoy your weekend, dude. :-)

you gave us >?  LOL   Its only been 2.5 years as its 5 games in a row .  So lets see what happens this year before you crown yourself offseason chumps again .  Last game of the year  even with a battered team  and you guys taking out the only playmakers on our team .... still came down to the last play . Even flagged for the hits on Celek and Sproles ... even with a team of nobody's  Rookie HC/ QB  ... your season on the line ... and that is called dominating ?   I hope you enjoyed your short couple seasons  of amazing 9-7 8-7-1   ... I know from ES board it is the talk of town.  its sad when you have to celebrate going over .500   .  You seem to Forget right before  Chips down Fall we went back to back 10-6 .  the difference was  here  that was not good enough ... just scraping in the playoffs is not good enough .   But to each there own ... I guess  when people around the USA think browns and redskins are the armpits of NFL  anything that resembles success is something 

On 5/26/2017 at 10:03 AM, paco said:

One significant memory I have of RG3 is the draft which was held about four months after he tore his knee against the Seahawks in that playoff game his rookie year. At their draft day party at the stadium, a rehabbing RG3 jumped up and down (umm...why would a guy with a knee injury do THAT?) in front of the adoring throng, just basking in the glow of their worship. I guess he wanted to display how awesome his recovery was going. And probably to remind them how awesome he is in general.

It was -- in a word -- strange.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

One significant memory I have of RG3 is the draft which was held about four months after he tore his knee against the Seahawks in that playoff game his rookie year. At their draft day party at the stadium, a rehabbing RG3 jumped up and down (umm...why would a guy with a knee injury do THAT?) in front of the adoring throng, just basking in the glow of their worship. I guess he wanted to display how awesome his recovery was going. And probably to remind them how awesome he is in general.

It was -- in a word -- strange.

He was just w****** for wedding gifts

rgiii2.jpg

Seriously. Those are the empty boxes of wedding gifts he got from r-words fans. 

1 hour ago, paco said:

He was just w****** for wedding gifts

rgiii2.jpg

Seriously. Those are the empty boxes of wedding gifts he got from r-words fans. 

right a guy that is making Millions and fans send him crap ... 

On 5/27/2017 at 3:54 AM, NIBGoldenchild said:

What would you think if Redskins give Cousins $25M+/year?