Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

7,950 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

What would you think if Redskins give Cousins $25M+/year?

He is a Redskins fan ..... He thought RG3 was Jesus and Moses mixed into one .... He thinks Kirk is god sent and his farts smell like roses 

1 minute ago, NE.Jon said:

He is a Redskins fan ..... He thought RG3 was Jesus and Moses mixed into one .... He thinks Kirk is god sent.

Some Redskins fans are against this.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Some Redskins fans are against this.

I should have been more specific... he is a typical Redskins fan   . Not to be confused with the ones that do have football sense 

13 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

What would you think if Redskins give Cousins $25M+/year?

I would think we overpaid, but hope he lives up to the contract and at least be happy that we have a solid QB. 

11 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

He is a Redskins fan ..... He thought RG3 was Jesus and Moses mixed into one .... He thinks Kirk is god sent and his farts smell like roses 

You are an eagles fan. You can't complete sentences and you thought Chip Kelly was a great coach who would really succeed in this league. You think Pederson is the next Andy Reid.  

Your game is easily played. 

11 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

I should have been more specific... he is a typical Redskins fan   . Not to be confused with the ones that do have football sense 

At what point have I ever said Cousins was a "godsend"? You say so much BS because you really lack even remotely any football knowledge or intelligence. 

I think my presence here on this board really bothers you. Kinda obvious a Redskins fan must've impregnated your girlfriend or something. Sad. 

2 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

I would think we overpaid, but hope he lives up to the contract and at least be happy that we have a solid QB. 

Do you think Redskins should have signed Foles?

5 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

You are an eagles fan. You can't complete sentences and you thought Chip Kelly was a great coach who would really succeed in this league. You think Pederson is the next Andy Reid.  

Your game is easily played. 

find where I said that .... Oh wait . you will vanish for a couple weeks until you can come up with something witty to say .    You run away from conversations that you get destroyed in ...  then come back weeks later  forgeting past posts 

4 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Do you think Redskins should have signed Foles?

Nah, Cousins is better than Foles. Their choices are limited. They either sign Cousins or trade/release him and draft a potential franchise QB. Anyone who is out there that could be a potential starter is going to cost too much to get away from another franchise. 

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

find where I said that .... Oh wait . you will vanish for a couple weeks until you can come up with something witty to say .    You run away from conversations that you get destroyed in ...  then come back weeks later  forgeting past posts 

The fact you think I've been destroyed in any conversation that involved you is laughable. I leave conversations because you're too dumb to realize you're wrong and can't handle facts. Nor do you understand what logic means. Case in point: you make a post claiming I've said things about Griffin and Cousins that I never said, I take your post and (with a better command of the English language) apply the same logic to you with similar laughable nonsense. It's sad that you're so dumb I have to explain that to you. 

So sad that you think you've ever made a post that wasn't complete nonsense and gibberish. This is my last post to you. Ever. You aren't worth my time, and I'm sure just trying to read what I'm writing is causing your last few brain cells to overload and give you a headache. Have a mediocre life, buddy. 

5 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

The fact you think I've been destroyed in any conversation that involved you is laughable. I leave conversations because you're too dumb to realize you're wrong and can't handle facts. Nor do you understand what logic means. Case in point: you make a post claiming I've said things about Griffin and Cousins that I never said, I take your post and (with a better command of the English language) apply the same logic to you with similar laughable nonsense. It's sad that you're so dumb I have to explain that to you. 

So sad that you think you've ever made a post that wasn't complete nonsense and gibberish. This is my last post to you. Ever. You aren't worth my time, and I'm sure just trying to read what I'm writing is causing your last few brain cells to overload and give you a headache. Have a mediocre life, buddy. 

LOL your too much .  When all you have is personal insults ... well what you think are, is great . We all know they type of people that have to jump to that in a conversation over the internet.   Im not even going to waste my time going back on the RG3 and other past crap you have talked about the Redskins here .   Skins fans are the worst of the worst .  I actually like when other fans come here to talk and have fun.  You get trigged , butthurt and salty faster than a women with menopause.   But please keep making it personal, when its about Football.  You must live a very sad lonely little life .... No go ahead like I said .. hide for a few week come back and ignore what was said liek you always do .  As you have clearly tried to skip past the conversations again   by talking trash and pretending god knows what .   

The FACT is you do not have the brain capacity when to handle it when you are wrong . I will say it again ... you ignore the replies  of past visits jump into something else ... then have nothing iteligent to say so you  "try" to  insult others ... are you trying to act like you have a brain ?   So when you come back in a few weeks I will start pointing out all the un-replied stuff crap you conveniently choose to ignore.. Im guessing that because you are wrong or you dont have an original thought of the crap you post here .  My guess is you steal crap from ESPN , NFL.com WAPO  who knows .  But please keep coming back I do enjoy reading you moronic rants and tantrums 

On 6/10/2017 at 7:19 AM, NIBGoldenchild said:

If I was a Redskins fan, I would hate it. I would offer him $20M/year and that's it; he could take it or leave it. I could see him being worth it if he would have lead them to a TD drive against Giants in Week 17 and especially beating Seahawks in Seattle, but that didn't happen.

On 6/10/2017 at 2:33 PM, NIBGoldenchild said:

Nah, Cousins is better than Foles. Their choices are limited. They either sign Cousins or trade/release him and draft a potential franchise QB. Anyone who is out there that could be a potential starter is going to cost too much to get away from another franchise. 

Cousins knows this, so he has all the leverage.

Here's something to think about: If Redskins had signed Foles (to a deal similar to one Eagles signed him too), Cousins wouldn't have as much leverage over Redskins as he does now, and the two QBs are similar in performance. Having Foles there would mean letting Cousins walk would have been an easier decision or possibly getting Cousins to come to a reasonable deal.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

If I was a Redskins fan, I would hate it. I would offer him $20M/year and that's it; he could take it or leave it. I could see him being worth it if he would have lead them to a TD drive against Giants in Week 17 and especially beating Seahawks in Seattle, but that didn't happen.

Cousins knows this, so he has all the leverage.

Here's something to think about: If Redskins had signed Foles (to a deal similar to one Eagles signed him too), Cousins wouldn't have as much leverage over Redskins as he does now, and the two QBs are similar in performance. Having Foles there would mean letting Cousins walk would have been an easier decision or possibly getting Cousins to come to a reasonable deal.

I see your point. Regardless, the Skins FO have bungled this. If they'd offered him 3 yrs 19mil/year, which is what they opened with this offseason, he would've taken that the year before. A three year deal isn't so long that you can't get out from under it if Cousins stinks or you can extend him if he exceeds expectations. 

I'd hoped they would draft a QB in the middle rounds. But I can't complain too much, it was a good draft for them. I recently saw a report from NFLN that both sides are optimistic that a deal may get done before July 15th, and if not, positive that a deal will get done in 2018. It just makes me feel like he's going to get 25m/year and really don't want to see that happen. 

Redskins name Doug Williams VP of player personnel

The Redskins' front office picture is becoming clear.

Three months after firing former general manager Scot McCloughan, the club announced their new leadership structure Tuesday morning with franchise legend Doug Williams taking the lead personnel role.

Williams, 61, has been a personnel executive with the Redskins since 2014 and will now be the senior vice president of player personnel. Team president Bruce Allen will remain prominent inside the organization, with both Williams and coach Jay Gruden reporting to him.

Williams led the Redskins to a resounding Super Bowl XXII victory over the Denver Broncos in 1988 and has bounced around the coaching and personnel world since his retirement in 1989. Williams has scouting experience with the Jacksonville Jaguars. He was also a personnel executive and pro scouting coordinator with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the general manager of the UFL's Virginia Destroyers.

Not surprisingly, Williams tried to sell the collaborative aspect of the team's new front office during his session with the media.

"When we did this draft this past year I can honestly say I've never seen a communication between a total staff like we did this year," he said. "We understand all the other things that was going on, but that wasn't for us. We were looking forward, not looking backwards, and we made sure we did the best job that we possibly can for the Washington Redskins."

This has to be a strange time for Redskins fans. In just one draft, McCloughan managed to form the foundation of a playoff team with the selections of Brandon Scherff, Jamison Crowder and Matt Jones. Just a few years later, Jones is on his way out, the 2016 first-rounder, Josh Doctson, is still an unknown entity and the organization took a sharp left turn in 2017 with the selection of two Alabama players (Jonathan Allen and Ryan Anderson) atop their draft.

Harmony has been a difficult concept to grasp in Washington over the last year or so. The Redskins are taking a risk with the collaborative front office design by inviting in multiple opinions, but they hope to change perception in the coming months.

18 minutes ago, paco said:

isnt he the guy that said not enough black Qbs / backups get a chance to be starters? How do you try and pull the race card with football players .... Bad enough the rooney rule that was 60 years late . I dont like him personally and he does not seem to be the best fit .. not a surprise coming from Danny . We all know he just wants yes men around him and then someone to deflect blame when it comes time 

That's pretty much what I think it is.  A yes man who is also a fan favorite so the people don't complain too much.

Then again, who knows.  Maybe he'll turn out to be great.

2 hours ago, paco said:

That's pretty much what I think it is.  A yes man who is also a fan favorite so the people don't complain too much.

Then again, who knows.  Maybe he'll turn out to be great.

maybe ... But he has puppet written all over him 

Image result for redskins puppet

On 6/10/2017 at 10:22 AM, NIBGoldenchild said:

You must not spend much time on these boards.

The Redskins' window is already closed. That being said, I'm really hoping for a monster Cousins contract. Enjoy the basement of the division.

4 hours ago, SBorBust said:

CYou must not spend much time on these boards.

The Redskins' window is already closed. That being said, I'm really hoping for a monster Cousins contract. Enjoy the basement of the division.

Already closed? When was it open? LOL

I can't enjoy a basement I haven't seen for the past two seasons. You guys on the other hand....

One thing we can agree on is the Skins shouldn't sign Cousins to a monster contract. I'll leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Already closed? When was it open? LOL

I can't enjoy a basement I haven't seen for the past two seasons. You guys on the other hand....

One thing we can agree on is the Skins shouldn't sign Cousins to a monster contract. I'll leave it at that. 

your chance was the past 2 years .... biggest chance was 2015 when the NFCE was a mess .   the only team that has not been improving is the Redskins ....  and even more so did not improve during the offseason.  Giants  even with Eli still at helm are dangerous not only on Defense but with Bmarsh  and that TE then picked up ....    Cowboys  Did amazing last year with a Rookie QB  , I dont see a huge drop from what they had last year  but it wont be as good .  Eagles Rookie HC and Rookie QB  with added weapons which was the biggest problem of the team got improved . Also  so far the Oline is ok , and does not sem like you guys will get a chance to T off on a Rookie at RT .  Im sure there will be payback for last game because of sproles and  Cellek  hits 

Well Doug has stated that black Qbs  do not get enough chances .  The whole Kirk Cousins thing really is a lose / lose for the skins at this point . The way they handled it and gave Kirk all the cards .   Really makes you say  , THANK GOD  Im not a Redkskins fan  and at same time  Thank them for being them 

Supreme Court delivers victory for Redskins on trademark case

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-rejecting-trademarks-that-disparage-others-violates-the-first-amendment/2017/06/19/26a33ffa-23b3-11e7-a1b3-faff0034e2de_story.html?utm_term=.2071771ba5a8

The Supreme Court ruled Monday that a law that prohibits the government from registering trademarks that "disparage” others violates the First Amendment, a decision that could impact the Washington Redskins’ efforts to hang on to its controversial name.

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. delivered the opinion for a largely united court. He said the law could not be saved just because it evenhandedly prohibits disparagement of all groups.

"That is viewpoint discrimination in the sense relevant here: Giving offense is a viewpoint,” Alito wrote.

He added that the disparagement clause in the law "offends a bedrock First Amendment principle: Speech may not be banned on the ground that it expresses ideas that offend.”

All of the participating justices — Neil M. Gorsuch was not on the court when the case was argued — joined that part of Alito’s opinion. Four justices peeled off from parts of the opinion where they say Alito opined on more than what was needed to decide the case.

The trademark office in 2011 said registering the trademark of the Slants, an Asian American rock group, would violate a part of the 1946 Lanham Trademark Act that prohibits registration of a trademark that "may disparage . . . persons, living or dead, institutions, beliefs, or national symbols, or bring them into contempt, or disrepute.”

The office said the name was likely to disparage a significant number of Asian Americans. But founder Simon Tam said the point of the band’s name is just the opposite: an attempt to reclaim a slur and use it as "a badge of pride.”

In a Facebook post after the decision, Tam wrote:

"After an excruciating legal battle that has spanned nearly eight years, we’re beyond humbled and thrilled to have won this case at the Supreme Court. This journey has always been much bigger than our band: it’s been about the rights of all marginalized communities to determine what’s best for ourselves.”

Tam lost in the first legal rounds. But then a majority of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit said the law violates the First Amendment’s guarantee of free speech. The government may not "penalize private speech merely because it disapproves of the message it conveys,” a majority of that court found.

The outcome is likely to affect the legal case of the Washington Redskins, whose trademark registration was revoked in 2014 under the same disparagement clause.

The Redskins filed an amicus brief supporting the Slants, which was cited in the opinion. The Washington football team’s case, however, is moving on a separate track.

"The team is thrilled with today’s unanimous decision as it resolves the Redskins’ long-standing dispute with the government,” Redskins attorney Lisa Blatt said in a statement. "The Supreme Court vindicated the team’s position that the First Amendment blocks the government from denying or cancelling a trademark registration based on the government’s opinion.”

Free speech advocates had supported The Slants, and the court’s decision seemed likely from the oral arguments.

But some worried about what kinds of trademarks the government will now be forced to register. "It seems this decision will indeed open the floodgates to applications for all sorts of potentially offensive and hateful marks,” said Lisa Simpson, an intellectual property lawyer in New York. She added: "While this may be the right result under the First Amendment and the principles of free speech that are foundational to our country, it seems the responsibility will now pass to the public.”

The team’s trademark registration was canceled in 2014 after decades of use. The team asked a district judge in Virginia to overturn the cancellation and was refused. The case is now in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit in Richmond, pending the Supreme Court’s decision in the Slants case.

Registration of a trademark provides a nationwide defense against others who would try to use it.

The case is Matal v. Tam.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Redskins filed an amicus brief supporting the Slants, which was cited in the opinion. The Washington football team’s case, however, is moving on a separate track.

Also... This ^^^^^^ should make the people in the organization think "Maybe we're on the wrong side".

But of course, the name has $$$ associated with it, so nah. 

The 8-0 decision of the Supreme Court is a victory for the First Amendment and supporters of free speech while striking a blow at overt political correctness. Yes, 8-0. And as someone who teaches law for a living, I agree with the decision.

1 person likes this