gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

On 9/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, paco said:

21433251_10213645834440817_5371197227767

Look what popped up on the internet:

sypn5c.jpg

If you need a hint:

Spoiler

full.jpg

God Told Kirk not to sign with the Redskins ... LOL  omg  you cant make this crap up 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/nfl-redskins-kirk-cousins-god-contract

Kirk Cousins and the Redskins have been locked in contract negotiations for the better part of two years. Washington slapped Cousins with the franchise tag for a second consecutive year during the offseason but not before offering Cousins a long-term deal including $53 million in guarantees.

Cousins turned down the offer and elected to play out the 2017 on a one-year deal. While speaking at Liberty University’s convocation, Cousins explained why he turned down the extra cash and signed the one-year deal.

You see, God told him to do it.

"I prayed about it and said, ‘Lord, what do you want to do?’ I just didn’t feel at peace about signing a long-term contract. I think the Lord communicates with us in many ways, and one of those ways is through his peace. And I just didn’t feel at peace.

"And I do believe that the Lord — at least in my life — likes to use one-year contracts and not long-term contracts. He likes to take me to the edge of the Red Sea and have me see there is water in front of me, there are mountains on either side, and there are Egyptians chasing me from behind. And He wants me to sit there for a moment and go, ‘God, You better show up.’ And then He parts the Red Sea and He’s done that time and again in my life, on the football field and off the football field.”

This has to be bad news for Redskins fans, right? If God really told Cousins to not sign with Washington long-term, then what are the chances God will change His or Her mind in the offseason. Do gods change their minds? They can see the future and stuff, right?

It’s not looking good, Washington. God does not appear to be on your side in contract negotiations.

In fairness to Cousins (and God I suppose) the Redskins’ offer was not a good one. The team was offering him "only” $24 million in new guarantees, as he already has $29 million guaranteed by the franchise tag. It appears God gave Cousins sound advice.

STATEMENT FROM THE WASHINGTON

"Today the Rwords have officially placed Su’a Cravens on the Reserve/Left Squad list. In accordance with the NFL Constitution and Bylaws, Su’a will not be permitted to return to the club for the remainder of the 2017 NFL season, including the postseason. We sincerely hope that Su’a uses this time away from the club to reflect upon whether or not he’d like to resume his career in the National Football League in 2018.”

In case anyone has a R-Word fan try to point out that the eagles have a negative point differential at home on MNF, I present to you:

DLPDbYgX0AU3_QN.jpg

Former R-words GM Scot McCloughan testifies under oath in NFL grievance over firing

Former R-words GM Scot McCloughan testifies under oath in NFL grievance over firing
By Liz Clarke and Mark Maske October 22 

Washington R-words president Bruce Allen and Scot McCloughan at McCloughan’s introductory news conference (Geoff Burke/USA Today Sports)
Former Washington R-words general manager Scot McCloughan has taken the next step in the grievance he filed this summer with the NFL over his firing, providing testimony under oath to lawyers representing the team during the discovery phase of the process.

The development was first reported by NBC Sports’s Mike Florio and was independently confirmed Sunday by two people familiar with the process.

The R-words fired McCloughan "for cause” on March 9, two years and two months into a four-year contract, and asserted they were not obligated to pay his salary for the remaining 22 months of the deal. Shortly after the team-owned radio station speculated McCloughan was abusing alcohol, a team official, speaking on a condition of anonymity, told The Washington Post that the general manager was ousted because he had reported to work intoxicated.

McCloughan has countered that he was fired unjustly and is seeking the balance due on his contract, estimated to be as much as $2.6 million, via the NFL’s grievance process.

As part of the discovery phase, lawyers representing both the R-words and McCloughan have exchanged affidavits regarding his tenure with the team. They have also exchanged lists of witnesses they would plan to call if the dispute isn’t settled during the discovery phase and goes to a hearing, two sources said Sunday.

Peter Harvey, a former New Jersey attorney general, has been appointed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell as the hearing officer, the sources confirmed.

The R-words had no comment Sunday. McCloughan could not be reached for comment.

I really hope they pay Kirk , his whole LTD thing is hilarious. IT cant help the Skins in future getting quality FAs   which one they wont be able to afford and two  they need to surround Kirk with above average talent to do well .  The loss of Garcon and Djax shinning bright .   

Kirk in 48 games has a record of  22 W - 25 L  and 1 Tie .  Kirk reminds me of Eli  but without the Clutch Gear , so basically **** ELI .   Eli is     117 W - 100 L   .    I still LOL at Kirks   YOU LIKE THAT GAME , poor guy as all sorts of fired up beating a 6-10  Bucs team that year . 

He struggles with teams that are above . 500   and his signature move is the game sealing Pick  ... Like Rodgers double check and  Scams  Superman.                                                                                                                                                                                    

The Skins are in a constant state of turmoil.  Paying Kirk, who has fatal errors in big games is a good thing for the eagles. NOT maying Kirk, and setting off on that long walk in the woods, looking for a new QB, is also a good thing for the Eagles.

I’m good either way.

LOL  there is nothing better then reading  ExtermeThinskins sometimes .  Yes I know the do not represent a good portion of skins fans as even most of them hate the ES board .  

So it seem the just dont get it with Kirk and him being who he is this late in his Career . They like to pretend his career only started 3 years ago , when he became the starter . 

The problems with Kirk are obvious to all but skins fans it seems  " Not all Fans " the are blinded by stats which dont tell the whole story and the fact they have had about as much luck with QBs as the browns . 

Cousins’ main issue is his arm strength. He struggles to make even routine throws that all Qbs  are expected to make with ease. Even short  throws give him trouble. look how much effort he puts into what should be an easy throw. That leads to scattershot accuracy. That’s just one example above, but there are plenty more where that came from. Here are some pulled from a three-game stretch in December alone. This is a recurring problem.  Then people like to Blame WR's not there lover boy Kirk .. You cant throw 100mph balls that close and expect them to catch it.

Cousins’ lack of poise in the face of pressure also affects his accuracy. He seems to pull off throws when a defender is in his vicinity rather than standing tall and taking a hit. That leads throws to sail too far down field or wide of his intended target. His decision-making also takes a big hit when the line doesn’t give him a perfect pocket. In 2016, Cousins cut out a lot of the dumb mistakes that plagued the first few years of his career, but he’s still liable to make a perplexing decision when faced with any amount of pressure.  This turns into him panicking and making poor choices when throwing , he throws his signature Picks . Im not sure if he is padding his stats or what because even last night he had plenty of time to thrown ball away instead takes a sack .

Cousins’ lack of poise does show up on the stats sheet. The Redskins were atrocious in the red zone, where the field is condensed, windows are tighter and decisions have to be made quickly. Washington finished 30th in red zone scoring. Cousins’ completion % then drops into the 40% area. This is also when Krik had a lot of talent around him . I can only see it being worse and worse now that Reed always hurt , Garcon and Djax gone. Ev eryone swore all these tall targets would make a big difference , maybe they would if they realized the problem was Kirk and not the WR's.

34 minutes ago, CountBlah said:

Way to blow it against the Saints.  What good are you?!?!?!

pathetic

If I'm Redskins, I'd show Cousins door after season and good riddance. He once again showed he isn't worth top QB money. As matter of fact, I would have traded him to Cleveland (if they were interested) before start of season to teach him a lesson. Maybe he would have learned something by being in Cleveland for a season. Redskins did a great job of not giving in to Cousins.

How egocentric and ignorant must one be to believe that people who customarily give children names such as Lightning Born, Large Forehead, and Friend of Birds would have a problem with Redskins?

The Redskins are not a bad team, but they sure do find new and innovative ways to lose.  Time to clean house, starting with Bruce Allen, moving on to Jay Gruden.  Maybe your next GM will be smart enough to figure out not to pay a guy who is an average NFL QB $24 million, while letting all of your WRs walk out the door.

On 11/19/2017 at 7:25 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

If I'm Redskins, I'd show Cousins door after season and good riddance. He once again showed he isn't worth top QB money.

So you are blaming Cousins for that loss?    The bad ref call on intentional grounding is simply a bad ref call. Running a sweep on 3rd and 1 is not a Cousins thing, it's a coaching F-up.  And allowing the Saints run thru you like a ish thru a goose is not Cousins fault.

It was a team loss,  which is good from an Eagles POV.   But this year, he has the WR core of McNabb in 1999-2003,  only without the benefit of a Duce on the roster.  

Don't get me wrong, I hope they punt Cousins to the curb, but not for the reasons you think. I want them toe start the LONG walk in the woods looking for a franchise QB.  

Fun Fact - The redskins are the only team in the NFL to NOT have an 11 or more win season, since 1991.   And yes, that includes the Browns(11-4 in 1994) 

If the Redskins don't want to sign Cousins to a new deal, that is fine. Get rid of him and they will find that replacing him will be a lot more difficult. I don't see anyone in the draft replacing him, not this year at least. They had been looking for a franchise guy for like 17 years. 

I am all for Jesus telling Cousins that Dan Snyder is bad news and long term in DC would be no bueno.

Jesus telling Reggie that Philly is crap and Green Bay is the place to go was far more annoying.

Cousins had his top 2 receivers removed from last years team.

His new #1 WR may be the worst player in the NFL this year not named Peterman, Chaz Green, or Kizer. (Pryor)

His offense has literally melted around him with an insane amount of injuries.

He has faced 7 teams in current playoff position in his 10 games.

Shut up already about bashing him you bunch of clowns.

my Favorite part of this, besides horrible WRs and poor running back play, was the fact that the O-line is so beat up, that Cousin met one of the players for the first time, in the locker room before the actual game - http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/10/30/kirk-cousins-orlando-franklin-redskins-cowboys/

Yet there is ALL this hate on Cousins.   Sure, he wilts under pressure - see last game last year against the giants - be he is going to better than any other about they go with in the next 2-3 years.  

17 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Injuries are so bad Gruden decided to not hold practices prior to the thanksgiving game against the Giants. 

Pfft - Cousins blowing it for the skins again

My favorite stat on this subject - Since the start of the 2015 season, there are only 2 QBs who have put up this stat line - 300+ yards passing,  3+ TDs, 0 INTs.  Both have done this 8 times.   One is Tom Brady,  the other is .....

You guessed it - Cap'n Kirk

But he's the problem with the skins :roll:

I can't WAIT until they let him walk

On 11/21/2017 at 4:26 AM, CountBlah said:

So you are blaming Cousins for that loss?    The bad ref call on intentional grounding is simply a bad ref call. Running a sweep on 3rd and 1 is not a Cousins thing, it's a coaching F-up.  And allowing the Saints run thru you like a ish thru a goose is not Cousins fault.

It was a team loss,  which is good from an Eagles POV.   But this year, he has the WR core of McNabb in 1999-2003,  only without the benefit of a Duce on the roster.  

Don't get me wrong, I hope they punt Cousins to the curb, but not for the reasons you think. I want them toe start the LONG walk in the woods looking for a franchise QB.  

Fun Fact - The redskins are the only team in the NFL to NOT have an 11 or more win season, since 1991.   And yes, that includes the Browns(11-4 in 1994) 

If Kirk Cousins is a great QB, he would find ways to win, but he didn't. He choked as usual. Carson Wentz and Eagles found a way to win against Panthers. Cousins wants top QB money, yet he can't perform like one.

On 11/21/2017 at 5:28 PM, PhillyGreenMachine said:

If the Redskins don't want to sign Cousins to a new deal, that is fine. Get rid of him and they will find that replacing him will be a lot more difficult. I don't see anyone in the draft replacing him, not this year at least. They had been looking for a franchise guy for like 17 years. 

They are better off trying to replace him. He would account for $28M of salary cap, and it would be a big mistake. He doesn't deserve that much. It would be funny if they give Cousins what he wants.

On 11/22/2017 at 7:01 AM, CountBlah said:

my Favorite part of this, besides horrible WRs and poor running back play, was the fact that the O-line is so beat up, that Cousin met one of the players for the first time, in the locker room before the actual game - http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/10/30/kirk-cousins-orlando-franklin-redskins-cowboys/

Yet there is ALL this hate on Cousins.   Sure, he wilts under pressure - see last game last year against the giants - be he is going to better than any other about they go with in the next 2-3 years.  

That's exactly why he gets all this hate. He's not a top QB. D. Jackson and Garcon walked because of Cousins' salary.

5 hours ago, CountBlah said:

Pfft - Cousins blowing it for the skins again

My favorite stat on this subject - Since the start of the 2015 season, there are only 2 QBs who have put up this stat line - 300+ yards passing,  3+ TDs, 0 INTs.  Both have done this 8 times.   One is Tom Brady,  the other is .....

You guessed it - Cap'n Kirk

But he's the problem with the skins :roll:

I can't WAIT until they let him walk

These stats are misleading. Cousins is just not that good (definitely not a Tom Brady). Watch his games, not stats. His team is 4-6. Are you actually scared of Cousins? 

17 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

If Kirk Cousins is a great QB, he would find ways to win, but he didn't. He choked as usual. Carson Wentz and Eagles found a way to win against Panthers. Cousins wants top QB money, yet he can't perform like one.

They are better off trying to replace him. He would account for $28M of salary cap, and it would be a big mistake. He doesn't deserve that much. It would be funny if they give Cousins what he wants.

That's exactly why he gets all this hate. He's not a top QB. D. Jackson and Garcon walked because of Cousins' salary.

These stats are misleading. Cousins is just not that good (definitely not a Tom Brady). Watch his games, not stats. His team is 4-6. Are you actually scared of Cousins? 

If they get a new QB, they’ll be back to the dark ages. Remember they can tag him again.

2 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I'm not a big Cousins fan, he plays from the godless, soulless redskins.  I just like pointing out the foolishness of calling him garbage and a bad QB.      Last year he didn't carry the team on his shoulders in the last game of the season - Bad Kirk.  But last year, the skins defense was complete garbage, which contributed more to their faltering than Cousins(just like letting the Saints score 15 points in a couple minutes last week).     And both WRs left after last season because 'lil Danny didn't want them back.  They could have easily signed either to an $8 mill a year contract for a couple years.  Look at what they are paying Pryor this year.

I never said Cousins was a TOP QB,  just pointing out that he plays more like one, than not.   He is a top 1/2 of the league QB, somewhere between 10-15. 

But this whole contract thing stems back from the fact that 'lil Danny NEVER liked him, always treated him as the red headed stepchild, compared to RG3.  Snyder got in fights with the GM and coaches to NOT start Cousins.  There is a TON of resentment from Cousins because of this.    So the contract thing is based in that mutual dislike/distrust.    But I guess if you were in Cousins shoes, you would have taken a deal worth 1/2 of what you could get elsewhere, right?  You'd rather play in DC where they merely tolerate you, and not someplace that actually WANTS you, right? 

Again, I HOPE they get rid of him, I can't wait to laugh and laugh, as they march the Kisers, Fitzpatricks, and Osweillers of the league, through their dysfunctional organization.   I'll be laughing the entire time.   And I'll be routing for Cousins to do well after leaving DC, just like I hoped RG3 would turn it around after leaving.   Only this time,  I thing there is an actual chance of it happening.