gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

14 hours ago, paco said:

These were RS01's last posts.  I wonder what happened to him. Always liked the kid.

He really stopped posting after the Monday Night Massacre, Vick just ripped the heart of their entire franchise, media, and fans that game.

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

He really stopped posting after the Monday Night Massacre, Vick just ripped the heart of their entire franchise, media, and fans that game.

eh, I've been going through this thread page by page and I didn't find that to be the case. The rg3 injury really slowed him down, then he got excited for the 2013 season. A game or two later that was it

Well, I was in the area with family and we decided to stop by Redskins training camp for the afternoon practice this past Saturday and, well, it was about as dead as this thread.  I'm talking probably only about 300 people for a completely free event.  Granted, it was hot and humid outside, and the players weren't in full pads, but it was kind of stunning to see just how few people were out there.  I remember thinking if I were close to Eagles training camp and there was a possibility of watching Wentz or Foles fling around passes and maybe get lucky to get some autographs, there's no way I would miss a minute.

Anyway, saw Alex Smith run a few QB options and was within earshot of Josh Norman and had to suppress my urge to heckle him.

Not surprised. Their fan base is apathetic at best these days. Long gone are the "OMG WE SINED ________!!!!!SUPERBOWL!!!!" days

Need further proof, check out this that I posted in another thread

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, paco said:

Top 50 jersey sales have been released.  8 of the top 15 are in the NFC East. Here are the totals for each NFC East team

Eagles - 6 :flex:
Giants - 3
Cowboys - 3
R-words - 0 :lol:

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, paco said:

In case you all are afraid of viruses

1 Foles
3 Wentz

4 Barkley
5 Prescott
7 Elliott

9 OBJ
13 Ertz
14 Witten
33 Jeffery
34 Graham
46 Cox

48 Manning

6 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

The problem is that there's just no talent in Washington.  Seriously, outside of maybe Trent Williams, is anybody on that team a special talent?  

If you go on ES, they went from "The Definition of a Loser Franchise" to WE'RE CLOSE TO BETTER THINGS!!! in like 5 months :lol: 

I mean, look at all this talent!!!!

To answer my own query, here's what I got off the top of my head:

Trent Williams - Elite Player                                            Zach Brown - if not a Top 10 Talent, a difference making Linebacker

Brandon Scherf - Elite Player                                          Ryan Kerrigan - a consistent Pro Bowl Talent.  A difference maker

Jordan Reed - Top 10 Talent                                           Josh Norman - a difference maker. A Pro Bowl Talent

Chris Thompson - Elite 3rd Down Back                           Alex Smith - an established Leader/Winner.  I consider him a difference maker

I left out all of our young players because it's too early to tell.  Montae Nicholson could be a monster!  So could Guice, or Preston Smith (or even Josh Doctson).

As I see it, the talent is there.  And yes, I have expectations of success this year.

8 hours ago, paco said:

If you go on ES, they went from "The Definition of a Loser Franchise" to WE'RE CLOSE TO BETTER THINGS!!! in like 5 months :lol: 

I mean, look at all this talent!!!!

:lol:

I can't think of a single position group where the Redskins are better than the Eagles. Maybe linebacker? Not sure I'd even give them that.

That guy is going to be plenty disappointed by like week 4. "Expectations of success this year".... :lol: Your QB is Alex Smith.

The rest of the NFC East seems to be going backwards. Even with their lack of talent, I could see the Redskins finishing second in the division. They should be able to score some points.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:37 AM, SBorBust said:

The rest of the NFC East seems to be going backwards. Even with their lack of talent, I could see the Redskins finishing second in the division. They should be able to score some points.

You won't get any arguments from me here.  My gut tells me that Dallas is going to faceplant this year.  Now I'm an idiot and I tend to be wrong a lot, but that's just a feeling.

NY... I honestly think they'll have a decent bounce back season.  They were no where near as bad as 3-13.  Barkley should really help a lot and I think the D will fall somewhere between 2016 and 2017. 

DC... Solid core.  Their D line is pretty good.  Linebackers OK.  Secondary has holes and if Norman goes down they are toast.  WR meh.  RB is much better with Guice and a healthy Thompson.  TE is lead by a guy who can't stay on the field. Smith is a serviceable QB.  Oline is 3rd best in the division..... but that's not a slight, it is above average league wise. 

That tells me NY and DC will be fighting for a wildcard spot and either one can end up #2.  (and the first time in a LONG time I'm picking us first.  Remember, I picked us to faceplant in 05, so sometimes I get em) I feel like it will be NYG that ends up challenging us going into December but I wouldn't be shocked to see Washington hanging in there.

Long term though, I see them hovering between 7 and 9 wins the following year and a 6-10 record in 2020.  Their core was built by GMSM and now they don't have his scouting Doug Williams is a huge question until otherwise proven.  Also Alex Smith.  He's 34 today.  He doesn't have Hill, Kelce, and Hunt.  Guice may be the next Hunt but they are far from having the receiving targets Smith enjoyed in DC.  And if he keeps DC hovering around .500, it's going to be tough for them to draft their franchise QB.  Unless an Aaron Rodgers falls to them and they don't pull a redskins and draft a Carlos Rodgers instead :lol:

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

How about they trade Smallwood instead?

Tomato Tomotto

you would think they would of learned by now ... yet the ish they talked all offseason yet again.  Redskins are the truest Offseason World CHamps