gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I watched Minnesota get their lunch taken last night so i feel 100% better about the Skins loss to Baltimore.

On a rough night McNabb still passed for over 200 yards in the 1st half v/s a pretty good Ravens defense.

Like what i see from the two young runningbacks, Ryan Torain and Keilland Williams. Based on what i've

seen i would be perfectly happy with those two backing up Portis instead of Johnson & Parker.

One meaningless pre season game isn't going to make or break the whole season but it sure is

nice to look halfway decent..

Next up the Jets, hoping for a better showing from the running game.

They're front 7 is pretty good, but their secondary is downright awful....so you can't really put too much stock into that.

Well the washington post has had anonymous quotes from "defensive veterans" who say they are fed up with Haynesworth and are behind Shanahan. They knew he was guaranteed a starting job at right DE, all he had to do was shut up and play with the 2nd team for a few meaningless games and it was over. But being the idiot he is, he only hurt the situation for everyone.

Shanny is doing his best to try to change the culture. And hes right in that Haynesworth should not be above the rules. Hes the only one who is complaining and refusing to show up for off-season workouts. Other previously outspoken players like Portis and DeAngelo Hall have bought in and have been at every practice. Haynesworth just needs to go now. Allen is an idiot if he lets this guy stay on the roster during the regular season.

What is scary about your post, is that it seems A.) Skins management is moving towards competence, B.) The Skins fans realize that TEAM is bigger than 1 player. You're dead on. Haynesworth is a dope.

Well the washington post has had anonymous quotes from "defensive veterans" who say they are fed up with Haynesworth and are behind Shanahan. They knew he was guaranteed a starting job at right DE, all he had to do was shut up and play with the 2nd team for a few meaningless games and it was over. But being the idiot he is, he only hurt the situation for everyone.

Shanny is doing his best to try to change the culture. And hes right in that Haynesworth should not be above the rules. Hes the only one who is complaining and refusing to show up for off-season workouts. Other previously outspoken players like Portis and DeAngelo Hall have bought in and have been at every practice. Haynesworth just needs to go now. Allen is an idiot if he lets this guy stay on the roster during the regular season.

The cultural shift has begun, but I would not count on it being complete just yet - That is all.

Expect Worthless to be a member of the skins for at least some portion of the regular season. No way they simply let him go. They will hold onto him in an attempt to get SOMETHING in trade for him. I'm sure any condition to a trade to date has been contingent on the other team taking on some of that stupid bonus that Snyder paid him(no matter what the skins say). The skins outright cutting him means that Dan Snyder is a the world's biggest failure in football history. And you KNOW danny is not going to let that happen. 'lil Danny still has some say in the process, regardless of the claims from the skins fans.

The cultural shift has begun, but I would not count on it being complete just yet - That is all.

Expect Worthless to be a member of the skins for at least some portion of the regular season. No way they simply let him go. They will hold onto him in an attempt to get SOMETHING in trade for him. I'm sure any condition to a trade to date has been contingent on the other team taking on some of that stupid bonus that Snyder paid him(no matter what the skins say). The skins outright cutting him means that Dan Snyder is a the world's biggest failure in football history. And you KNOW danny is not going to let that happen. 'lil Danny still has some say in the process, regardless of the claims from the skins fans.

Bingo!!!

If its good enuff for a man like Fletcher, its good enuff for me.

http://twitter.com/JReidPost

London Fletcher and Albert Haynesworth "had a good talk" Monday morning, Fletcher said. Fletcher is convinced that Haynesworth is on board.

Good thing Haynesworth can be taken at his word :lol:

Good thing Haynesworth can be taken at his word :lol:

Its not about Haynesworth, its about Fletcher who is a standup guy.

Redskins sign two former Steelers, Tyrone Carter(S) and Carey Davis(FB)

Skins starters Mike Sellers(FB) and Kareem Moore(S) are down with injuries.

Its not about Haynesworth, its about Fletcher who is a standup guy.

Yes Fletcher is a stand up guy. But if Haynesworth lies to his face like Haynesworth has done in every part of his football career, then it's not on Fletcher, it's on Haynesworth - YET AGAIN. So yes, it is all about Albert.

Redskins sign two former Steelers, Tyrone Carter(S) and Carey Davis(FB)

Skins starters Larry Sellers(FB) and Kareem Moore(S) are down with injuries.

Larry Sellers? What is this, the big lebowski? Its Mike Sellers. :lol:

what's up with mcrib i heard he's got a boo boo already.

not surprised one bit.

btw- lots of drama surrounding this team, they need to take a loss and just dump haynesworth. they won't get anything for him and he's just a distraction.

what's up with mcrib i heard he's got a boo boo already.

not surprised one bit.

btw- lots of drama surrounding this team, they need to take a loss and just dump haynesworth. they won't get anything for him and he's just a distraction.

He has a twisted ankle, something like that. Its probably not serious enough to make him miss any pre-season games.

He has a twisted ankle, something like that. Its probably not serious enough to make him miss any pre-season games.

i would keep him out of the jets game, but thats just me.

How many practices does a player have to miss before they cant play? Mcnabbs sitting outt so that means he cant play.

How many practices does a player have to miss before they cant play? Mcnabbs sitting outt so that means he cant play.

Shanny let Haynesworth play because he practiced on thursday before the game. He said he normally wouldnt have let him play and he only did because its pre-season.

I think they need 2 days of practice at least.

Pre season IS practice.

Pre season IS practice.

Shanny said if a player does not practice during the week then he wont play in a game. I am sure that includes preseason.

Redskins licking wounds after Ravens game

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 23, 2010 11:52 AM ET

Donovan McNabb entered the Redskins locker room on Monday in a walking boot, a "precautionary" measure after the quarterback was banged around on Saturday against Baltimore.

McNabb sat on the sidelines in the second half of the game with ankle wrapped in ice.

Part of the reason McNabb got hit so much was the play of rookie tackle Trent Williams, who was repeatedly abused by Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs. Williams had his right arm wrapped on Monday after injuring his elbow. Williams hopes to practice this week, but his performance was a bigger concern than his injury.

The injuries to Williams and McNabb don't appear too serious, but safety Kareem Moore isn't as lucky. It's believed Moore could miss 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. His teammate Reed Doughty only confirmed that Moore, a projected starter at free safety, won't be out for the season.

The team signed veteran safety Tyrone Carter Monday according to Brad Biggs of NFP, indicating Moore will be out for a while. The Redskins have had a drama-filled camp because of Albert Haynesworth, but have been largely injury-free to this point.

That streak of luck ended on Saturday night against Baltimore.

They left Williams on an island with Suggs. He did pretty good with pass protection but he did technically allow a sack, but McNabb should have stepped up in the pocket...he had a lot of room in front of him. Williams did however get blown up in the run game by Suggs a few times.