gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

From the article:

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, paco said:

"Your most pressing issue is no different than mine. You want to win, we want to win, and we’re going to deliver that."

Snyder, 54, hasn’t lived up to that promise. Under his leadership, the Redskins have had four times as many head coaches (8) as playoff wins (2). Splashy free agent signings haven’t produced victories — Washington is 139-180 since Snyder bought the team — and one of the more loyal fan bases in professional sports has been gradually driven away.

Actually, 139-180-1. Who knew that NFL games could end in a tie!? :ph34r:

Also, over that span of games, the Redskins were outscored by 706 points (6,413-7,119). 

Can we trade for Trent Williams?  Mailata for Williams straight up, whaddayasay??

Seriously, I'm not sure what to think of this.  Sounds like this dude is straight up done with the Redskins.  Incompetent training staff, he's way underpaid for his talent, wasting his prime years on a terrible team.  If I was a betting man, I'd say this one is gonna drag on for a long time.  If the Redskins were smart, they'd swap him ASAP for some picks or young talent.  

It's June.   I wouldn't put too much faith in this tearing the team apart, until it gets to training camp.  Some extra money would make this all go away.  They pretty much have to pony up the money, because they are soooooooo pathetic on the O-line without Williams.  How pathetic?  Ereck Flowers got a ton of 1st team reps in this past mini-camp.

ERECK Freakin' FLOWERS!!!

:roll: 

22 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Can we trade for Trent Williams?  Mailata for Williams straight up, whaddayasay??

Seriously, I'm not sure what to think of this.  Sounds like this dude is straight up done with the Redskins.  Incompetent training staff, he's way underpaid for his talent, wasting his prime years on a terrible team.  If I was a betting man, I'd say this one is gonna drag on for a long time.  If the Redskins were smart, they'd swap him ASAP for some picks or young talent.  

I read it's going to take a 1st.

Of course, that's from various idiots on extremeskins who think a 30 year old LT whos been battling injuries each of the past two years is "easily" worth a first

https://es.redskins.com/topic/428387-new-development-trent-williams-wants-to-be-tradedreleased/?page=20

I keep reading and every now and then you get a post that starts sane.....

Their LT, a #1 AND a #2 in 2020? That's absurd.

To be honest, I doubt we'd even get a 1st for Trent. We're talking about a 31 year old (when the season starts) Tackle who has been consistently injured and hasn't played a full season since 2013. When he's completely healthy he's still one of the best LTs in the game, but it's incredibly rare that he's fully healthy. Even when he's playing he's usually dealing with one or two nagging injuries that slow him down. Maybe if Houston gets panicky enough about their OL situation they'll offer up a 1st, but I still have doubts.

My guess is we'd get a 2nd and a player.

Then totally :roll: 

1 hour ago, paco said:

I read it's going to take a 1st.

Of course, that's from various idiots on extremeskins who think a 30 year old LT whos been battling injuries each of the past two years is "easily" worth a first

https://es.redskins.com/topic/428387-new-development-trent-williams-wants-to-be-tradedreleased/?page=20

Not to mention, he's a 2x violator of the substance abuse policy.  A third failure means that he's gone for a solid season.  

Holy sheet, that page is great for reading.

A decent tackle, another player, and a 2021 1st or 2nd in 2020 seems to be the average discussion around him.

🤣🤣... like a discussion with you and your friends!?!?! 

We traded for Jason Peters when he was a very accomplished left tackle, durable, never failed any substance abuse tests, we gave up a 1st in that draft and a 4th in the next draft.  No way are you getting a 1, 2, starter, and another player.  You've got to be high.  A 1st is not outside of the realm of possibility, but a 1st and a player, 1st and a low pick, something like that sounds reasonable.  

On 6/7/2019 at 2:28 PM, paco said:

I keep reading and every now and then you get a post that starts sane.....

Then totally :roll: 

Why is a 2nd crazy?  If I'm Houston I'd do it in a heartbeat.You look at how much mileage the Rams have gotten from Whitworth and Trent is easily the better player.

Dude is messed up, has been for years.

He's one of the poster children for CTE. 

Report: Peterson ordered to pay back $2.4M

Washington Redskins running back Adrian Peterson has been ordered to pay nearly $2.4 million to a lending service after he defaulted on a loan, according to court records reviewed by the Baltimore Business Journal.

Democracy Capital Corp. of Bethesda, Maryland, sued Peterson in June claiming that he didn't pay the balance of a $4 million loan he took out in April 2016.

According to court documents, the loan carried a 15% interest rate, but when Peterson did not make the first repayment of $200,000, that number jumped to 23%.

The loan was due in February 2108 and was not repaid, but the company did receive a $1.65 million payment in July of that year after properties in Rhode Island that were used as collateral were sold. Another payment of $50,000 was made in December 2018.

Judge Richard S. Bernhardt ordered Peterson to pay $2.4 million on June 12. The sum includes legal fees and interest.

Peterson, a seven-time Pro Bowler, resurrected his career last season with 1,024 rushing yards after two injury-plagued campaigns that saw him go from the Vikings to the Cardinals to the Saints.

He has earned more than $99 million in his 12-year NFL career.

5 hours ago, paco said:

This is why I don't feel bad for these guys when they can't pay their medical bills. They piss it all away before they even retire!!

1 hour ago, paco said:

Redskins WR Josh Doctson: 'I think I'm hitting free agency next year'

My guess:  Subway will sign him on to be a sandwich artist 

Nah, he’d never be able to separate from the other sandwich artisans behind the counter, thus holding up the whole operation.  Plus be’d Then drop too many sandwiches transitioning from the food prep area, back to the microwaves.

He seems more of the street sweeper type, where his ‘skills’ will really pay off when he drops the dustpan on the ground.

Mass Exodus of Redskins employees, roughly 40 behind the scenes workers quit

"Almost 40 employees behind the scenes have left since January, since they fired (Brian) Lafemina and his crew,” Russell told The Sports Junkies Wednesday.

"I’ve been told this by multiple, multiple people. Almost 40 people have left, behind the scenes. We’re not talking about football players or coaches or anything like that. … Nobody wants to work there. It’s a terrible culture.”

The Redskins fired President of Business Operations and COO Brian Lafemina in December less than eight months after hiring him. Chief Marketing Officer Steve Ziff, Senior VP of Consumer Sales Jake Bye, and Chief Commercial Officer Todd Kline also left the organization.

….

"Nobody wants to work there. Nobody believes in the direction and the leadership of that franchise.”

Of course, here is ES's take:

54 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sooo is this all true??^^....could lead to snyder cleaning house?

Yeah, they are "cleaning house"  :roll:

It never ends in Rword land ..... Glad we didnt pick up this guy as a lot wanted. Did he get hurt cheering on sidelines?

7 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

So they have some good chemistry going already with new and older players that should go well

Link

Column: The sobering reality of Redskins’ attendance numbers

July 18, 2019

FedEx Field is less than full during the second half of an NFL football game b

In their glory years, the Washington Redskins ruled the District. From 1981 to 1992, the team advanced to four Super Bowls in a 12-season span and each game was a huge event at charming RFK Stadium.

Now a lost and mediocre franchise, the Redskins play to tens of thousands of empty seats. Anyone who’s been to a ‘Skins home game at the soulless and inconvenient FedEx Field in the last few years is well aware that the patrons supporting the visiting team routinely outnumber the ones wearing burgundy and gold.

If those optics weren’t enough, the point was hammered home last week when a financial site posted a story spelling out how each of America’s four major professional sports leagues has seen a decline in average attendance between 2008 and 2018. Predictably, the Redskins are near the top of the list — fifth, to be exact — with by far the worst dip in the NFL.

What’s surprising is how bad the drop it is, and how quickly it fell. Over the last decade, the Redskins have seen a 31.1 percent decline in average attendance. The next closest NFL team is the Cincinnati Bengals, at 21.4 percent.

As the article points out, the Redskins actually averaged a league-leading 87,000 fans between 2006 and 2008 — right in the heart of the era of the now-infamous obstructed view seats. A decade later, the organization may have finally confessed its lies regarding the fabled waiting list for season tickets, but is still forced to wrap its collective head around this mind-boggling stat:

Washington was the only team that failed to fill at least three-quarters of seats in its stadium in the 2018 season, losing nearly a third of its fans over the past 10 years.

That’s right. Last season alone, the Redskins’ attendance dropped a NFL-worst 19 percent, and anyone who saw their record-low turnout for the regular season openeragainst the Indianapolis Colts realizes that apathy plagues the ‘Skins.

It’s actually rather poetic these damning stats dropped just after the 20-year anniversary of Dan Snyder buying the team because, he is by far the most responsible party for slowly eroding a fan base previously among the best in the sport.

Snyder, and more recently his head henchman Bruce Allen, has taken one of the most beloved brands and mismanaged it to the point that there’s nothing even remotely likable about it anymore.

How do you turn off 27,000 people? Go 72-104-1 on the field, and then say you’re "winning off the field” when you sue old ladies, (allegedly) use a man’s demons to fire him for petty reasons, and get rid of the best chance to win back fans. That’s how.

These numbers prove the Redskins’ fan base — what’s left of it — will no longer fall for the organization’s empty promises of hope. They played that card time and time again in different ways with the talent evaluator supreme (McCloughan), Super Bowl-winning coaches (Joe Gibbs and Mike Shanahan), and electric on-field talents (RG3 and DeSean Jackson). It’s obvious the ‘Skins have completed the transformation from one of the NFL’s best run organizations to its most dysfunctional. Fans can watch trainwrecks on their phones and TVs from the comfort of home for a fraction of the cost.

The unfortunate collateral damage falls upon the players, many of whom don’t deserve to be banished to the NFL’s wasteland. Local product Dwayne Haskins is likely a better quarterback prospect than RG3, and has a ton of reputable QB coaches at his disposal. But does anyone really have the confidence that he’s so ironclad great that he can rise above decades of dysfunction and mismanagement? Considering Griffin was among the 45 players out of the 52 drafted in the Allen era to not last beyond his rookie contract, the chances aren’t so good.

There’s a civic pride attached to having a great football team in town, as ‘Skins fans of a certain age know well. So it’s truly sad to watch one historically bad stewardship completely ruin a franchise to the point that it’s morphed from Washington institution to national embarrassment.

It’s easy to assume this course is irreversible as long as Snyder is at the helm. But if the football gods allowed Jerry Jones to win multiple rings, some competent drafting around a generational Patrick Mahomes-type talent could lift the Redskins to the kind of relevance that could make them must-see again.

The safe money is on the fans of the D.C. area spending their money elsewhere.

LOL will the Skins even have a team to field? It sounds like none of the players are happy to be there.

get?