gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

4 hours ago, paco said:

I'm just going to leave this here

Fining him should work out well. 

Redskins :roll:

I don't understand the Skins loyalty to the Allen family. George Allen didn't coach them to any SB titles. He was a good coach in terms of knowledge (but too rigid), but for some reason Snyder wants to revere that family as if they were responsible for multiple SB titles.  They need to move on.  George Allen was hardheaded and it looks like Bruce Allen takes after him.  I think the Skins had a good chance to make the playoffs as a WC team because they improved their lines, but then they alienate their best player.  It seems like Allen could've reached out and smoothed things over, but it's more about ego and power than it is about winning football games for that organization..  

15 hours ago, paco said:

OK, anybody that thought Trent was in the wrong should just STFU.  I'm not a doctor, but there's a big effing difference between a CYST and CANCER!  Wow!!! Give 'em hell Trent!!

10 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I don't understand the Skins loyalty to the Allen family. George Allen didn't coach them to any SB titles. He was a good coach in terms of knowledge (but too rigid), but for some reason Snyder wants to revere that family as if they were responsible for multiple SB titles.  They need to move on.  George Allen was hardheaded and it looks like Bruce Allen takes after him.  I think the Skins had a good chance to make the playoffs as a WC team because they improved their lines, but then they alienate their best player.  It seems like Allen could've reached out and smoothed things over, but it's more about ego and power than it is about winning football games for that organization..  

Bruce Allen is an incompetent, arrogant, and foolish GM that constantly likes to overplay his hand and then make dumb decisions at the last minute.   I'm stunned he still has a job after the way he handled the whole "Kurt" debacle.  He could have traded him a few times, but instead let him walk for nothing.  And in the end he traded a high pick AND a good player for 34 year old Alex Smith.  EMB could probably do at least as good of a job as Bruce Allen.

29 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

OK, anybody that thought Trent was in the wrong should just STFU.  I'm not a doctor, but there's a big effing difference between a CYST and CANCER!  Wow!!! Give 'em hell Trent!!

Oh, the natives on ES are turning on him.  Here are some gems from the last 12 hours

I would keep him on the roster as he did not show and doc him for every game and every day he misses. Then watch him walk. If he does not want to be a Redskin See ya. How many games has he missed in the last 3 years and he wants to be paid as a top-five left tackle. Give me a break and if he's that immature on the medical issue when the team told him to go get a second opinion then that's on him. I like Trent always have but team comes first

I'm almost wondering if he needs a psychiatrist.  This is an incredibly passive aggressive holdout.  He has demands but won't publicly declare them.  He's apparently pissed about them selecting a project tackle two years ago, despite the fact that his backup was three years older than him, had also been injured the eyar before, had experimented at guard for two years and was playing on a one year deal
I'm not sure if he'd actually show up if the Skins traded him

Honestly, it's just blah blah blah to me at this point.  Let him hold out the entire season, hell, let him hold out next season too,  I could really give a **** at the end of the day.  If no trade offers come in that is worth a crap, then let him hold out and ruin his career and lose money.  No matter what happens, I'd let his a** walk in 2021.  
Time for him to take off the diaper and ****ing man up, imo.

Meh...he's probably been hitting the bong and is holding out until he can piss clean...

I'd really like to know what the "it" is. Where does the discontentment lie. It kind of feels like Williams' camp is not communicating with his team or teammates. Then again, maybe he is and we're being (appropriately) left in the dark. There are many legit reasons to be disgruntled with the Redskins and quite a few petty ones. We know Williams could hold out for a year. He has the kind of stubbornness. You have to to play so long on a bad knee.

I'd just like to know.

that's why I called it passive aggressive.

Even that Hoffman article above suggests he's only partly made it clear what his demands are.

Maybe he doesn't want to name  his price because that makes it easy for the Skins to meet it and he'd prefer to go biut not so much he'd turn down something huge

The entire point of a second opinion is to confirm the first opinion, or get new info from a new set of eyes.

So if the team says "it doesn't look serious".. followed by a recommendation to get a second opinion (which SHOULD be the standard adult response anyway when it comes to this sort of thing)...

I don't care WHAT they tell you after that, even if you press them and they say "it isn't serious"... 

the whole point of a second opinion, which is reportedly suggested, is to find out if the fiest opinion is correct.

IF this is the issue,, it is 1000000% on TRENT.

GROW UP, BIG MAN.

But i still think it's money.

~Bang

I agree 100%.

If the team docs are so horrific, why would Penn sign here after talking to Trent?

I think he's using the medical staff argument as a way to squeeze more money/years/guarantees out of the team.  He saw how we ****ed up negotiations with Cousins, who was paid stupid money and got a ridiculous contract from the Vikings.  Trent knows his body is breaking down and he probably only has a few more years left in him.  Why not take a shot and try to get really paid?

He's been a warrior and played when hurt, but he was also well compensated.  If all of the information that we've gotten is accurate, it's a **** move on his part.

Yeah, our all pro, 7 consecutive pro bowl left tackle who has played through severe injuries his entire career is just being a passive aggressive baby and might need psychological help.

And that's only from the last 12 hours.  There were some real gems like "It wasn't REAL" cancer and "It wasn't malignant, so it was basically a cyst".  

Not Trent related, but I found this funny.  Shows how closely they pay attention these days.

As a fan, did you attend that last few games at FedEx last year? Not many fans did, but a whole lot of opposing fans did. I think there were more than 70% Giants fans in on the last game.

TBF, one beat writer did say he saw a Giants fan in the parking lot before he saw the first R-Word fan.  :lol: 

I'm guessing he just stopped watching after the Giants, who had nothing to play for, teabagged them to the tune of 40-0 for 3 quarters :roll: 

Champ Bailey,  who was traded along with a 2nd round pick for Clinton Portia is going in the Hall of Fame. 

Once you are done laughing at that past trade rape, I  would like to point out that he has not heard from the R-words until 3 days ago.  

Keep it classy,  Washington Racists

Adding a 2019 1st rd pick such as T.Howard in the (possible?) trade with Houston, brings multiple benefits. Not only does it give a potential long term solution at tackle, a year to evaluate that potential before the 2020 draft, a huge reduction in salary cap costs and possibly use that to extend Scheriff, it also gives us a cheap 4 years to reduce our OL expenses and a 5th year option since he was a 1st rd pick.

:roll:

What planet do these people live on?  :lol:

1 hour ago, paco said:

:roll:

What planet do these people live on?  :lol:

They're a direct reflection of a franchise in disarray. 

I really don't know how some agents said that the Skins aren't the most disorganized franchise. I call bull on that. The only other team I can think of is Arizona.

17 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

They're a direct reflection of a franchise in disarray. 

I really don't know how some agents said that the Skins aren't the most disorganized franchise. I call bull on that. The only other team I can think of is Arizona.

USA Today poll: Washington Redskins are the least trusted team in the NFL -- and one of the worst prepared

Best-prepared negotiators:

1. 49ers
2. Eagles
3. Patriots
4. Broncos
5. Packers

Worst-prepared negotiators:

1. Bengals
2. Browns
3. Redskins
4. Bears
5. Jets, Raiders (tied)

Most-respected decision-makers:

1. Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome
2. Patriots coach Bill Belichick
3. Seahawks GM John Schneider
4. Colts GM Chris Ballard, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert, Rams GM Les Snead (tied)

Least-trusted decision-makers:

1. Redskins president Bruce Allen
2. Dolphins executive VP of football operations Mike Tannebaum
3. Broncos GM John Elway
4. Bengals owner Mike Brown

7 minutes ago, paco said:

Fascinating. Thanks for posting that. I stand corrected about the Cardinals. Miami and Cinci make sense.

39 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Casserly's an idiot.

91sn32Q.jpg

I'm surprised he's still employed. I rarely watch NFL Network, but when I do and Casserly is on it's an instant channel change. He makes Phil Simms seem entertaining. 

This team is going to be awful this year despite having one of the better pass rushes in the league.

Their fanbase went from "you know, there are some nice pieces here on offense, plus we got an adequate fill in for Trent" to full blown panic :lol: 

3 hours ago, paco said:

Their fanbase went from "you know, there are some nice pieces here on offense, plus we got an adequate fill in for Trent" to full blown panic :lol: 

Yeah this team is looking really, really bad.  Without Trent Williams the O-Line will be another weakness.  Reiff and Moses are good players but if they have 3 holes around them it won't matter.  Offensive weaponry may be the worst in the entire NFL, Qb is going to be bottom 3 as well.  They can't score.  Defense will be ok, but we aren't talking a dominant unit either because the back 7 has holes to exploit.

I've actually been bullish on Skins the last couple years and I think they could have made a plyoff run either season with better health luck.  But the wheels appear to have come off.  That said, they can turn this around fairly quickly in the future because the Dline looks GREAT and Haskins has tools.

37 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah this team is looking really, really bad.  Without Trent Williams the O-Line will be another weakness.  Reiff and Moses are good players but if they have 3 holes around them it won't matter.  Offensive weaponry may be the worst in the entire NFL, Qb is going to be bottom 3 as well.  They can't score.  

And don't forget, they have more $$$ tied up in their offense than any other team.  :lol:

56 minutes ago, paco said:

And don't forget, they have more $$$ tied up in their offense than any other team.  :lol:

Yeah I really don't get the why there is even mini-hype surrounding the offensive weapons.  Who's the star player here, Guice? Jordan Reed?  Seriously?

Paul Richardson caught a deep ball that one time

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah I really don't get the why there is even mini-hype surrounding the offensive weapons.  Who's the star player here, Guice? Jordan Reed?  Seriously?

An old and tired Peterson.

Nobody is going to respect their passing game. Doctson and Richardson aren't scaring anyone. Jordan Reed will be injured by week 5. They'll be starting either McCoy, Keenum or Haskins without their best offensive lineman. The running game is going to consistently see 8 man fronts. I just don't see how they score enough points to compete. Their defense might keep them in games, but their offense looks like a bus crash. 

A survey explores how Native Americans feel about the name Washington Redskins. No, it’s not that survey. This one is new.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-survey-explores-how-native-americans-feel-about-the-name-washington-redskins-no-its-not-that-survey-this-one-is-new/2019/08/09/e38553bc-b581-11e9-8949-5f36ff92706e_story.html?utm_source=reddit.com&utm_source=reddit.com

The majority of Native Americans still aren’t offended by the name of the Washington Redskins.

That finding is from a recent survey and — as you probably remember, even if you’ve tried to forget — falls in line with what a Washington Post poll found three years ago and an Annenberg Public Policy Center poll found 12 years before that.

I know, I know. We’ve all already given a lot of emotional energy to this issue, and three years ago, we agreed, whether we said it, to move on.

But I think you’ll want to hear about this recent survey because it differs from the previous polls in an important way.

It aimed to understand not only how Native Americans feel about the team’s name, but also why they feel that way.

The survey offered respondents more than 40 emotions to choose from to express how the team name makes them feel. Among their options: Proud, disappointed, empowered, embarrassed, appreciative and hopeless.

The distinction between the survey and the previous polls may seem subtle, but it is not. It’s the difference between these two questions:

When your co-worker steals your ideas and passes them off as his own, does that make you feel angry?

How do you feel when your co-worker steals your ideas and passes them off as his own? Angry, vulnerable, driven … ?

The recent survey, while not connected to the previous polls, also raises an interesting question about them, or rather our reaction to them.

Identity and racism are two of the most complicated issues in our country. Why then did we let a long-standing debate that centered around both die with a simple question?

The Post and the Annenberg poll both asked: "The professional football team in Washington calls itself the Washington Redskins. As a Native American, do you find that name offensive, or doesn’t it bother you?”

[New poll finds 9 in 10 Native Americans aren’t offended by Redskins name]

When The Post set out to ask that question, no one had any idea what the results would show. The paper’s staff knew only that for years, Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and people who spoke for him had held up the Annenberg finding as a defense of the name. They had done this even as public protests, alarming studies and condemnation from one prominent figure after another portrayed the name as a racist slur that was harmful to an already mistreated population.

As a reporter, I spent a lot of time writing about the name debate, and I can tell you that I was as surprised as anyone by the poll’s results. I would have bet my car that over the years attitudes had changed, at least a little.

But no, both polls found 9 out of 10 Native Americans were not offended by the team’s name.

I don’t have to tell you what happened next if you lived then in the Washington region, where the fight to change the name was the fiercest:

Daniel Snyder danced. Not really. But he did laud the poll’s findings, saying at the time, "We are gratified by this overwhelming support from the Native American community, and the team will proudly carry the Redskins name.”

Public figures who had taken stances against the name reanalyzed their positions. The Washington Post’s Robert McCartney, who as a columnist repeatedly urged the team to change its name, declared in a headline, "I’m dropping my protest of Washington’s football team name.”

And organizations that had been shouting for the name to change argued that the poll should have never been conducted, and then grew increasingly quieter. Their once-frequent news releases arrived more sporadically.

The Post’s poll has been blamed for killing the debate. The truth is, our collective response did.

And that never should have happened. The name is a dictionary-defined slur, whether 10 percent of Native Americans or 50 percent of your co-workers or your favorite aunt acknowledges it.

Numbers are neat and easy to understand. Identity and racism are messy and complicated. That disconnect comes through when you look closer at some of the participants of The Post’s poll. I spoke to many at the time. One woman who said she wouldn’t be offended if someone called her a "Redskin” had already been called "Pocahontas,” Injun Joe,” "Tonto” and "Kemosahbee.”

A man who had a sixth grade education and had survived liver disease and lung cancer said he knew better than to feel offended by something that couldn’t be changed. "We can’t change it because we ain’t strong enough to change it,” he said.

I know, I know. That’s the past. We’ve moved on.

Except, the recent survey acknowledges the nuanced reality of the issue. It was led by marketing research firm Wolvereye, with help from Gazelle Global Research Services, and was conducted through a Web-based survey of 500 people who self-identified as Native American. Ryan Baum, the CEO of Wolvereye, noticed my previous coverage of the issue and offered me a first look at the results.

The Post’s poll, which involved 504 people who self-identified as Native American, was conducted by phone, so the numbers can’t be compared. But one major takeaway from the Wolvereye survey is that 68 percent of the respondents were not offended by the team’s name.

The reasons they gave for feeling that way include, it is just a name, it honors or represents their heritage, and people are overly sensitive.

For those who were offended by the name, they saw it as racist, ignoring a history of suffering and a double standard because it wouldn’t be tolerated with other ethnicities and races. More than half of the people who were offended by the name were also offended by the team’s logo.

Some of the most interesting results, though, came when people were allowed to move beyond the word "offended.” The survey presented respondents with more than 40 emotions and asked them to indicate whether each represented how they felt about the team’s name.

The word picked most was "proud.” That might comfort some people who have supported the team keeping its name, but a closer look at the results shows that while most of the survey’s respondents felt that way, many did not.

Following closely behind "proud” were "indifferent” and "annoyed.” Then came "content,” "satisfied” and "disappointed.”

Some Native Americans did choose words such as "appreciative,” "relaxed” and "nostalgic.” But they also chose "angry,” "disturbed,” "embarrassed,” "hopeless” and "exhausted.”

But I know, I know. We’ve moved on.