gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Is there some great QB draft prospect that they'll be tanking for?

Anything is possible with them.

But if the college guys decide to go for the NFL, then the upcoming draft for QBs should be loaded.

Tua, Justin Herbert, and Jake Fromm, just to name a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Haskins has looked terrible when he went in.  To be fair, he has no offensive line and no receivers.  

They are about to hit a new rock bottom when they lose to the Dolphins next week.  

Dolphins will go winless, they're full on tank for Tua mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Is there some great QB draft prospect that they'll be tanking for?

RGIII!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

 

This is probably the one time that my heart goes out to the skins players. You can really tell Chris Thompson is very grateful for the opportunity that Jay Gruden gave him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

what a great football Sunday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bye bye Jay.  Long live ‘lil Danny and Bruce Allen!
 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/07/jay-gruden-fired/

 

Quote

The Jay Gruden era in Washington is over.

Gruden was fired Monday morning after falling to 0-5 on Sunday, according to multiple reports.

The move had been long anticipated, as it became increasingly clear that Gruden wasn’t seeing eye to eye with owner Dan Snyder and front office boss Bruce Allen.

In six seasons in Washington, Gruden only made the playoffs once, in 2015, and lost in the wild card round that year. He finishes with a record of 35-50-1, counting that one playoff game.

There’s no word yet on who will take over as the interim coach for the rest of this season, but Snyder and Allen are likely to want someone who will prioritize developing rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins. Gruden reportedly didn’t want to draft Haskins, and their disagreements on that put his job in jeopardy. He needed to have a good season to save his job, and this season has been anything but good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When asked for comment Jordan Reed said Gruden was made an "Escape Goat”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

There’s no word yet on who will take over as the interim coach for the rest of this season, but Snyder and Allen are likely to want someone who will prioritize developing rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins. Gruden reportedly didn’t want to draft Haskins, and their disagreements on that put his job in jeopardy. 

But.... but... but.... Snyder doesn’t meddle anymore!

 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

TBF, I had them at 6 wins. They have a cupcake schedule plus on paper I thought they would have a good defense and a strong run game making them a tough out. Nope.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, paco said:

When asked for comment Jordan Reed said Gruden was made an "Escape Goat”

I've mentioned this before, but this reminded me of it. When Michael Vick was in the midst of the dogfighting thing, he flew into Hampton Roads (as this is where he's from), and in the airport a local sports reporter was walking along side him and asking questions. One question was 'Do you think you'll be exonerated?' Vick looked at the reporter as if he'd just said the most awful thing in the history of history, and walked faster away while refusing to answer anymore questions.

I think Vick misunderstood the word 'exonerated'. Maybe he thought it meant 'executed'? I don't know lol. But it was funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interim HC will be Bill Callahan. 

I see Redskins trying to go the college route in the off-season, they need to in order to sell tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've mentioned this before, but this reminded me of it. When Michael Vick was in the midst of the dogfighting thing, he flew into Hampton Roads (as this is where he's from), and in the airport a local sports reporter was walking along side him and asking questions. One question was 'Do you think you'll be exonerated?' Vick looked at the reporter as if he'd just said the most awful thing in the history of history, and walked faster away while refusing to answer anymore questions.

I think Vick misunderstood the word 'exonerated'. Maybe he thought it meant 'executed'? I don't know lol. But it was funny.

FTR, I was making a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maga301 said:

Interim HC will be Bill Callahan. 

I see Redskins trying to go the college route in the off-season, they need to in order to sell tickets. 

Callahaan's second time replacing a Gruden. He did accomplish something Jon Gruden never did and that was getting Oakland to the Super Bowl and the offense under him was actually better. 

The college route worked so well the last time they did it...

 

spurrier_redskins_yiy9o7x5_vfil9c69.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paco said:


 

what a great football Sunday!

I live in Maryland grew up in a family of Skins fans, have friends who are diehard fans. Always hated the team but this franchise before Snyder was always respected, a model run franchise. One of the hardest tickets to get, years and years on wait lists for tickets. RFK use to shake during home games. Washington is a HORRIBLY unloyal sports town. The Capitals before Ovie came to town were a joke. Couldn't sell out playoff games. They DEFINE bandwagon fans now. You could go to any Flyer game there and it was filled with orange throughout before Ovie came to town. Redskins now are like the Caps once were. I flipped over yesterday when the Redskins scored their TD and the crowd was so quiet. You just score, take the lead vs NE and very little reaction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Dolphins will go winless, they're full on tank for Tua mode.

 

Redskins play Miami next and this honestly could be for the 1st overall pick because it's hard to see either team winning another game at this point with MAYBE one of them beating the Jets but the Jets are getting Darnold back. Miami does have the Bengals left.

Washington is going to be in tank mode now too and wouldn't be shocked if they try and get Tua. We did see Arizona draft QB in back to back years in the first round. 

Remaining schedules

Dolphins

Washington
@Buffalo
@Pittsburgh
NYJ
@Indianapolis
Buffalo
@Cleveland
Philadelphia
@NYJ
@NYG
Cincinnati
@New England

Redskins

@Miami
San Francisco
@Minnesota
@Buffalo
NYJ
Detroit
@Carolina
@Green Bay
Philadelphia
NYG
@Dallas

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jason1978 said:

Callahaan's second time replacing a Gruden. He did accomplish something Jon Gruden never did and that was getting Oakland to the Super Bowl and the offense under him was actually better. 

The college route worked so well the last time they did it...

 

spurrier_redskins_yiy9o7x5_vfil9c69.jpg

Since when has Snyder made it about winning games? It's about making his pockets fat and winning is just icing on the cake. Any true old school Skins fan will tell you that. 

What legit NFL experienced coach is going to want to come here? 

A collegiate coach will at least give this bandwagon fan base a reason to want to come to games, especially with Haskins likely needing a shotgun/spread offense in order to succeed. Top that off with a top 5 draft pick and Skins fans will be predicting a 10-6 record in May of 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

Since when has Snyder made it about winning games? It's about making his pockets fat and winning is just icing on the cake. Any true old school Skins fan will tell you that. 

What legit NFL experienced coach is going to want to come here? 

A collegiate coach will at least give this bandwagon fan base a reason to want to come to games, especially with Haskins likely needing a shotgun/spread offense in order to succeed. Top that off with a top 5 draft pick and Skins fans will be predicting a 10-6 record in May of 2020. 

Redskins have had Joe Gibbs,  Mike Shanahan, Marty Schotenheimer, Nor Turner during the Snyder era.  I agree...who would want to come there as it's a terribly run franchise and in large part due to a terrible owner but Snyder has thrown huge money at some notable veteran coaches before.

I have already heard talk this morning of...Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthey,  Josh McDaniels, John Defilippo, Lincoln Riley, Byron Leftwich,  Brian Schottenheimer, Kellen Moore and Eric Bienimey as the names the Redskins most likely are interested in. The college coaches... doubt Riley leaves Oklahoma, Harbaugh likely does want back in the NFL but he would easily clash with Snyder's meddling ways. The NFL coaches...McDaniels turned down Indy because he is next in line to replace Belichick. McCarthy had huge success in GB, won a SB so Snyder could be very interested in that. Defilippo is doing great things with Minshew. Bienimey is another red hot KC offensive coordinator who teams will look at this offseason for sure. Scottenheimer will likely get interest too this offseason. Tampa's offense has improved but how much is Arians? Kellen Moore though is just laughable especially with Dak looking bad the last few games. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason1978 said:

Redskins have had Joe Gibbs,  Mike Shanahan, Marty Schotenheimer, Nor Turner during the Snyder era.  I agree...who would want to come there as it's a terribly run franchise and in large part due to a terrible owner but Snyder has thrown huge money at some notable veteran coaches before.

I have already heard talk this morning of...Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthey,  Josh McDaniels, John Defilippo, Lincoln Riley, Byron Leftwich,  Brian Schottenheimer, Kellen Moore and Eric Bienimey as the names the Redskins most likely are interested in. The college coaches... doubt Riley leaves Oklahoma, Harbaugh likely does want back in the NFL but he would easily clash with Snyder's meddling ways. The NFL coaches...McDaniels turned down Indy because he is next in line to replace Belichick. McCarthey seems like a Snyder hire for sure. Defilippo is doing great things with Minshew. Bienimey is another red hot KC offensive coordinator who teams will look at this offseason for sure. Scottenheimer will likely get interest too this offseason. Tampa's offense has improved but how much is Arians? Kellen Moore though is just laughable especially with Dak looking bad the last few games. 

 

 

 

The word around town is that when you coach there, you coach with limitations on decisions that are finalized by Allen first then Snyder. So if I am an upcoming coordinator seeking a coaching job this is the least favorite place I want to come coach. 

I just think there are collegiate guys out there chomping at any opportunity that comes their way, so they become easier to hire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a good point. I saw an article which Included dans preferred hires, including Mike Tomlin. My first thought was "Why the F would he want to go there” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paco said:

That’s a good point. I saw an article which Included dans preferred hires, including Mike Tomlin. My first thought was "Why the F would he want to go there” 

I think any rumor now is here say......Callahan will use this as an audition period, as all interim HC's do and in the mean time Skins will be evaluating all possibilities.

Way too early to know who is real options here. But I wouldn't expect NFL coaches wanting to come here nor would I expect Allen and Snyder to consider someone who isn't willing to be a YES MAN 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maga301 said:

I think any rumor now is here say......Callahan will use this as an audition period, as all interim HC's do and in the mean time Skins will be evaluating all possibilities.

Way too early to know who is real options here. But I wouldn't expect NFL coaches wanting to come here nor would I expect Allen and Snyder to consider someone who isn't willing to be a YES MAN 

Thats exactly what was said before Schottenheimer, and then Gibbs took the job.

As bad as it may be, its one of only 32 jobs at the top of the profession. There will be interested coordinators throughout the league. 

And, just as with some problem players, many will think they can handle Snyder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 2:17 PM, SBorBust said:

Can the league step in? Daniel Snyder’s Redskins have been an embarrassment for so long.

What for? Other franchises have been trainwrecks for even longer. The league isn't going to do anything about Snyder unless he pulls a "Don Sterling" and embarrasses the league in a way where they feel it might affect the bottomline. Otherwise, the other owners are likely fine with Snyder removing any chance for his franchise to ever be competitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm reading some threads on ES and there is one titled Boycott the slime ball.  It's about the press conference going on

Quote

That’s the last damn straw.  Bruce not only deflects every question but when asked to apologize he blames the fans for the stadium take overs and claims our fans just want top dollar for their tickets.  You are blaming us because you can’t field a competent team In 10 years?  After that press conference I actually believe Russell saying they are jealous of other DC teams.  Who’s with me boycotting games and gear completely until this slime bucket is gone?  

 

Any truth to this.  If so..... wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now