gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jason1978 said:

I live in Maryland grew up in a family of Skins fans, have friends who are diehard fans. Always hated the team but this franchise before Snyder was always respected, a model run franchise. One of the hardest tickets to get, years and years on wait lists for tickets. RFK use to shake during home games. Washington is a HORRIBLY unloyal sports town. The Capitals before Ovie came to town were a joke. Couldn't sell out playoff games. They DEFINE bandwagon fans now. You could go to any Flyer game there and it was filled with orange throughout before Ovie came to town. Redskins now are like the Caps once were. I flipped over yesterday when the Redskins scored their TD and the crowd was so quiet. You just score, take the lead vs NE and very little reaction. 

Exactly why should any Redskins fan who wants this dumpster juice of a team to be better actually continue to give Snyder money buy showing up to the games? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

What for? Other franchises have been trainwrecks for even longer. The league isn't going to do anything about Snyder unless he pulls a "Don Sterling" ...

Or if someone offends China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SBorBust said:

Or if someone offends China.

If Snyder is anything, he's crafty enough to avoid situations like that. This is why he is very private, and very rarely makes any public comments or interviews. The best chance Skins fans have of getting rid of that gremlin is refusing to support the team to the point where it's unprofitable for him to remain owner, or he chokes on a chicken bone someday and puts us all out of our misery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

If Snyder is anything, he's crafty enough to avoid situations like that. This is why he is very private, and very rarely makes any public comments or interviews. The best chance Skins fans have of getting rid of that gremlin is refusing to support the team to the point where it's unprofitable for him to remain owner, or he chokes on a chicken bone someday and puts us all out of our misery. 

@bobeph, you're up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

If Snyder is anything, he's crafty enough to avoid situations like that. This is why he is very private, and very rarely makes any public comments or interviews. The best chance Skins fans have of getting rid of that gremlin is refusing to support the team to the point where it's unprofitable for him to remain owner, or he chokes on a chicken bone someday and puts us all out of our misery. 

Thats the problem... He's in the one business that even he can't possibly take a loss.... which is impressive because this Ding Dong is the same guy who thought Six Flags and a Mattress Company would be natural synergy.  He's going to get his share of TV revenue, and even if R-words fans don't show up, the stadium will still have opposing teams fans so he will have ticket sales, concessions.  Just not many jerseys... unless he wises up and has opposing teams ones on sale at the stadium shops

 

It is nice though that he is trying to get a stadium close to DC.  Will make my road trips to see the city and catch a game that much easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paco said:

Thats the problem... He's in the one business that even he can't possibly take a loss.... which is impressive because this Ding Dong is the same guy who thought Six Flags and a Mattress Company would be natural synergy.  He's going to get his share of TV revenue, and even if R-words fans don't show up, the stadium will still have opposing teams fans so he will have ticket sales, concessions.  Just not many jerseys... unless he wises up and has opposing teams ones on sale at the stadium shops

 

It is nice though that he is trying to get a stadium close to DC.  Will make my road trips to see the city and catch a game that much easier.

They've gone from being a team that was doing a lot of giving in the revenue sharing to a team that does a lot of receiving. And he is tanking the overall value of the franchise, which has gone from top 5 in sports to much further down the list. Maybe he doesn't care about any of these things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason1978 said:

I live in Maryland grew up in a family of Skins fans, have friends who are diehard fans. Always hated the team but this franchise before Snyder was always respected, a model run franchise. One of the hardest tickets to get, years and years on wait lists for tickets. RFK use to shake during home games. Washington is a HORRIBLY unloyal sports town. The Capitals before Ovie came to town were a joke. Couldn't sell out playoff games. They DEFINE bandwagon fans now. You could go to any Flyer game there and it was filled with orange throughout before Ovie came to town. Redskins now are like the Caps once were. I flipped over yesterday when the Redskins scored their TD and the crowd was so quiet. You just score, take the lead vs NE and very little reaction. 

So did I, I had to endure the Super Bowl years, as a teen. I actually went to the 1982 Divisional and NFCCG at RFK with my brothers (and best friend who was a Cowboys fan). I can personally attest to the fact that RFK would literally rock.

I went to the same church as many of the Capitals players. I knew Mike Gartner, who I learned (just a couple of years ago), was inducted into the NHL Hall of Fame back in 2001.

Two of my brothers were diehard Redskins fans... yes, I say 'were'. That was back during the Jack Kent Cooke era. Little by little, after Snyder bought the team, they began to lose interest. Now, they couldn't care less about what happens with the team and likely haven't watched a Redskins game from opening kickoff to final whistle, in years and were actively rooting for the Eagles to win Super Bowl LII for me, because they knew I'd been long suffering since the 70's. During the 80's, they tried to get me to defect and jump on board with the Redskins... I refused.

When the USFL came around, they convinced me to go with the Washington Federals. We even went to their first game (it might have been a pre-season game, I can't specifically remember). That Federals 'fandom' lasted until I got home after that game and I told them that I just couldn't do it. I had to go with the Stars. It felt like a betrayal to the Eagles for me to root for a Washington football team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I love piling on.....

Source: Redskins' Trent Williams not ending holdout

Quote

Source: Redskins' Trent Williams not ending holdout

Jay Gruden's firing as Washington Redskins coach won't have an affect on Trent Williams' holdout.

Williams doesn't plan on returning to the team anytime soon, a source close to the Pro Bowl left tackle told ESPN's Dianna Russini.

Williams skipped training camp and has missed the first five weeks of the season.

At the root of Williams' absence is that he is upset with the organization's medical staff, multiple sources have told ESPN's John Keim.

He had a growth removed from his head in the offseason, and those close to him have said he was upset with how many years it took for them to address the situation. But one Redskins source said the team made appointments for him over the years that he did not keep.

Sources have told ESPN that the Redskins are not listening to trade offers for Williams.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

You know what.... I'm going to try to stay up and make a point to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction for next head coach is Gregggggggg Williams

  1. He has been in the organization before - This is REALLY important to Dan
  2. He's a scumbag - One of the few groups of people who would actually take the job
  3. He's likely talking to the skins about it right now, even though he currently works for the Jets
  4. He's always wanted to be a HC - Not getting the Browns gig, after leading them to their success in the 2nd half of the season really irked him
  5. 'lil Danny would be sucking up to him to take the job - Apparently 'lil Danny told him he was getting the HC job during his prior stint, only to give it to someone else
  6. This is his only shot at HC - Being a scumbag greatly limits your opportunities as HC
  7. What other choice does 'lil Danny have? College coach, youngish coordinator or scumbag.  Two of the three have some scruples and would avoid DC like the plague.  Only a scumbag would willingly sign up for this gig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, CountBlah said:

My prediction for next head coach is Gregggggggg Williams

  1. He has been in the organization before - This is REALLY important to Dan
  2. He's a scumbag - One of the few groups of people who would actually take the job
  3. He's likely talking to the skins about it right now, even though he currently works for the Jets
  4. He's always wanted to be a HC - Not getting the Browns gig, after leading them to their success in the 2nd half of the season really irked him
  5. 'lil Danny would be sucking up to him to take the job - Apparently 'lil Danny told him he was getting the HC job during his prior stint, only to give it to someone else
  6. This is his only shot at HC - Being a scumbag greatly limits your opportunities as HC
  7. What other choice does 'lil Danny have? College coach, youngish coordinator or scumbag.  Two of the three have some scruples and would avoid DC like the plague.  Only a scumbag would willingly sign up for this gig

Didn't they d*** him around in 2008 before he said "F it"?  Part of the reason they ended up having to promote Zorn who they just hired to be their OC

 

Edit: Nevermind, I'm thinking of someone else.  He was fired after the 2007 season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215817

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paco said:

Didn't they d*** him around in 2008 before he said "F it"?  Part of the reason they ended up having to promote Zorn who they just hired to be their OC

 

Edit: Nevermind, I'm thinking of someone else.  He was fired after the 2007 season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215817

The story goes that ‘lil Danny did promise Greggggg that he was going to be the next head coach, but then stabbed him in the back and fired him instead.  That’s why I have that as point #5 - ‘lil Danny has to blow sunshine up his butt, to get him to come back.  Gregggg would eat that up with a spoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CountBlah said:

The story goes that ‘lil Danny did promised Greggggg that he was going to be the next head coach, but then stabbed him in the back and fired him instead.  That’s why I have that as point #5 - ‘lil Danny has to blow sunshine up his butt, to get him to come back.  Gregggg would eat that up with a spoon.

I think I remember something like that. 

Anyway, I still liked your points that you made. I think he's a leading candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you missed it

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite rally cry of the moment is "Of course we can land a top coach. There are only 32 positions and they all pay well”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if he was still making people call him Mr. Snyder or if he finally grew the f up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, paco said:

I was wondering if he was still making people call him Mr. Snyder or if he finally grew the f up

Why anyone would want to work for that p.o.s. is beyond me. I mean, what good does it do if you're stressed the ef out all of the time wondering that if you look at someone the wrong way you could get yelled at or fired. I also don't buy the "well, it's only 1 of 32 head coaching spots". Screw that, I would have too much self respect for myself to be put in that sh#t sandwich especially when you know going in that you are being set up for failure. I would rather be an OC making $300-400,000 a year than make 4 mil working for that toad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now