gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

For a 3RD STRING QB it is. It's mostly 700K. Not over $1 mil.

thats because most 3rd stringers suck or are late round rookies.

thats because most 3rd stringers suck or are late round rookies.

:lol: ohhh i forgot beck is a proven talent in this league.

:ph34r:

When was the last time he played in a game??? Yeah...2007! 3 years ago but since he was a high draft pick he's definetly worth that kind of $$$.

so has byron westbrook been cut or what. it's says on nfl.com:

Washington Redskins 9/1 Byron Westbrook (CB) cut.

rotoworld-

Byron Westbrook-DB- Redskins Sep. 1 - 9:55 am et

Updating a previous item, Byron Westbrook has not been released and will make the trip to Arizona for Thursday's preseason finale.

It's rare that ESPN's Adam Schefter gets anything wrong, let alone a story that involves his buddy Mike Shanahan. There's likely more than meets the eye on this story, but the fact remains that Brian's little brother is still fighting for his job.

Source: Rick Maese on Twitter

ALERT:

Shanahan just announced Haynesworth has to give the rookies gatorade on the field during timeouts to give Big Albert some conditioning this week.

:lol: ohhh i forgot beck is a proven talent in this league.

:ph34r:

When was the last time he played in a game??? Yeah...2007! 3 years ago but since he was a high draft pick he's definetly worth that kind of $$$.

he looked good driving the ball down the field against the Jet starters.

he looked good driving the ball down the field against the Jet starters.

Once again it's pre-season. Luke McCown and Sage Rosenfels also looked great this season. That doesn't mean a damn thing, they're still average QB's at best.

When they first traded for Beck a few weeks ago Shanahan said they really liked him coming out of college a few years ago. I think that they want to coach him up and maybe he becomes a solid #2.

I just looked it up and Grossman is only working on a 1 year deal with the skins. Maybe they are preparing Beck to take over as the #2 next year.

AR's hands were tied. Because of the money McNabb had to be traded. The fact the McNabb refused to play

for anyone but Washington forced the Eagles hand. Nab can play ball with the best of them. If he was still with

the Eagles he would be the starter no question. We all know this.

only you and self-deluded cultists still think this.

mcnabb didn't refuse anything. he's been this FO's **** since he came into the league. no one else besides snyder was dumb enough to offer higher than your 2nd; that's why he's in washington.

he wouldn't have been the starter, therefore the trade. whatever kind of mental gymnastics you have to do to convince yourself you actually got value in that trade, more power to you.

by the way, he looked pretty shaky in preseason and now he's hurt. whether or not that ankle's recovered you better pray shanny covers for him and sits him in the opener.

When they first traded for Beck a few weeks ago Shanahan said they really liked him coming out of college a few years ago. I think that they want to coach him up and maybe he becomes a solid #2.

I just looked it up and Grossman is only working on a 1 year deal with the skins. Maybe they are preparing Beck to take over as the #2 next year.

Seems like a logical plan. It's just that beck has shown so little in his career so far, that it seems like a stretch. I'm sure Grossman will be available for another 1 year contract if need be next year.

Seems like a logical plan. It's just that beck has shown so little in his career so far, that it seems like a stretch. I'm sure Grossman will be available for another 1 year contract if need be next year.

Beck and Bartel will get pretty much the whole game tonight, it will be interesting to see how he plays.

The Chargers are asking for a second-round pick in 2011 and a third-round pick in 2012 in exchange for Vincent Jackson, according to Yahoo's Michael Silver.

Thats what i thought it would take. Not an unreasonable price to pay for a young elite receiver. The skins have the picks...maybe they will pull the trigger on this.

The Chargers are asking for a second-round pick in 2011 and a third-round pick in 2012 in exchange for Vincent Jackson, according to Yahoo's Michael Silver.

Thats what i thought it would take. Not an unreasonable price to pay for a young elite receiver. The skins have the picks...maybe they will pull the trigger on this.

I really wouldnt call him Elite. 2 good seasons doesnt = elite

:rolleyes: Honestly man he's not an elite WR, he's a very good WR but not an elite one by any means. He's not in the Top 10, maybe Top 15 but certainly not Top 10.

Top 10 wr yes. elite? no. I would say the only real elite WR's in the nfl right now are Andre Johonson and Fitz They are the top top tier guys. Then you have your other good wr's but not on that level.

Ok maybe not elite right now but hes pretty close. He has something like 2300 yards and 16 TDs the last 2 years.

Even if they do trade for him, I highly doubt he produces the way he did the last few years....why because he hasn't been out there on the practice field for quite sometime now. The longer he sits, the longer it's gonna take him to get back into football shape.

Even if they do trade for him, I highly doubt he produces the way he did the last few years....why because he hasn't been out there on the practice field for quite sometime now. The longer he sits, the longer it's gonna take him to get back into football shape.

yep is true,

round playoff time he should be fittin' in with the system.

He's a friggin stud though. He has some serious size and speed. Nice hands too.